Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Page 26 Thor holding the hammer, Lol.
    LMAO, nice catch!

Yeah, I was disappointed not to find out why Thor became unworthy. What did Fury whisper to him? It was an alright ending

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    Yeah, I was disappointed not to find out why Thor became unworthy. What did Fury whisper to him? It was an alright ending
    Aaron mentioned in an interview after issue 7 came out that we wouldn't find that out till later on, so I wasn't expecting it. From what he said, we won't even know in the first issue of the new Thor series.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaokhaN View Post
    LMAO, nice catch!
    thor.jpg

There she blows.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Well I guess this makes it awkward for the Fantastic Four since Reed and Uatu are/were friends and Uatu was a supporting for them and now they find his place is now taken by a super spy

Quote Originally Posted by markallenchi View Post
    Yea, this was pretty weak. For suck a serious event (Original Sin, Watcher killed) we really don't come away wtih any legitiment reason for WHY all of this went down. I still don't know why Nick killed the Watcher. Did the Watcher see his own death? Was his death apart of some larger purpose for the earth? What the flip happend to Thor and why would everyone just leave him behind (I thought that party was pretty lame).

All in all, this was a bad ending to what could have had major impact to Marvel. Good build up, weak ending. That seems to be Marvel's thing nowadays. A bunch of suspense with no payoff at the end. I bet we never find out what's really behind the Incursion either.
    Who, at the end of this, would imagine Fury would be Watcher, Bucky would be the unseen and the Orb would be full of secrets the Watcher knows and walking the Earth? Who would think Thor would be unworthy of Mjolnir? That's the result of Original Sin. You would never understand how all this happened, unless we had this event.

Did we find out how the Mindless Ones come into the picture? Do they have a happy ending and stop thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Who, at the end of this, would imagine Fury would be Watcher, Bucky would be the unseen and the Orb would be full of secrets the Watcher knows and walking the Earth? Who would think Thor would be unworthy of Mjolnir? That's the result of Original Sin. You would never understand how all this happened, unless we had this event.

Did we find out how the Mindless Ones come into the picture? Do they have a happy ending and stop thinking?
    They do stop thinking.

So not even a week after they state their official reason as to no Big Hero 6 comics is because it's "too different from the movie," they finish off their summer event comic by taking Nick Fury even further off the grid in favor of Movie Fury. Wow, Marvel. Wow.

So all said and done, the only real effect this entire thing had was removing Fury and further drilling Angela into the Marvel U? The series looked semi-decent, so I'll probably grab it from the dollar bins at comics shows (like I've done with every Marvel event since Shadowland). Kinda sad since there was a lot of potential here.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

What this is, is another McCord event. In 1957, McCord died and Nick Fury took over his role and the world changed from a Monster Age to a Silver Age Super hero age. (Not right away, because it took a little while, but the same thing just happened now in 2014, so look forward to another change to another Age coming in a few years. By this role reversal of Bucky to the Unseen, he then becomes the head of SHIELD, as an extension of himself).

If you remember, nobody was surprised to be summoned to SHIELD back in 1960, when the first old SHIELD supplied Strucker and Fury with their gifts and started the Hydra Wars. That old SHIELD already knew that a lowly CIA agent, Fury, was the Unseen and that he was going to perpetuate another new SHIELD, so they invited Fury's Son, or brother, I can't remember which, and one of them became a secret Hydra identity. Fury infiltrated the Hydra software in SHIELD and perpetrated a double fake over Hydra this whole time, until he destroyed its stranglehold on SHIELD.

What we have now, is a new Unseen, and Bucky is tasked to redeveloped the role Fury took nearly 60 years ago, and he may take a version of the Infinity Formula as well. We saw the Monster Age swept away, when Nick Fury flexed his Unseen muscles in 1965 as the DoS. Are we going to see a similar event going to happen some time in the future, say 2025, when Bucky takes on the role of the manipulator of events in the background? I wonder if Bucky will be smarter?

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    They do stop thinking.
    That's good news. I hope they made it back to the Dark Dimension, where everything is sane again, and nobody has to think.

BANNED

I wonder if Uatu wanted to die because he knew about the Incursions and believed there was no hope?

Anyway, it seems like the writers and/or editors of Marvel's current storylines have had little or no communication in terms of lining things up:

-Over in "Avengers," the most recent arc of which ended with issue #34, Steve is still young and Thor still has his hammer; Steve has also just vowed to bring down the Illuminati, having gotten back his memories of what Tony Stark, Dr. Strange, et. al. have been up to -- including the fact that they mindwiped him
    -In this book, blessedly the last issue of this so-called "event" series, Steve is also still young and Thor has only just lost his hammer in issue #7
    -In the most recent storyline in Cap's own title, he's now old, but seems to have no problem being around Iron Man; also, Thor still has his hammer
    -In "Uncanny Avengers," specifically issue #23, Steve is also old here, but, again, he seems to have no problem being within a few feet of Iron Man

Maybe Uatu wanted to die rather than try making sense of this.
    Last edited by TresDias; 09-20-2014 at 08:06 PM.

BANNED

So how many underwhelming events has Marvel put out in the last few years??

They stopped getting my money 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TresDias View Post
    I wonder if Uatu wanted to die because he knew about the Incursions and believed there was no hope?

Anyway, it seems like the writers and/or editors of Marvel's current storylines have had little or no communication in terms of lining things up:

-Over in "Avengers," the current arc of which took place between the beginning and end of "Original Sin," Steve is still young and has just vowed to bring down the Illuminati
    -In this book, where Steve is also still young, he has shown no such hostility toward the Illuminati (not even the guy who mindwiped him) and Thor only just lost his hammer
    -In Cap's own title, he's now old and Thor still has his hammer
    -In "Uncanny Avengers," Steve is also old, and he seems to have no problem being within a few feet of Iron Man

lol that's hilarious. Maybe he did...maybe he did...

Quote Originally Posted by TresDias View Post

-Over in "Avengers," the current arc of which took place between the beginning and end of "Original Sin," Steve is still young and has just vowed to bring down the Illuminati
    -In this book, where Steve is also still young, he has shown no such hostility toward the Illuminati (not even the guy who mindwiped him) and Thor only just lost his hammer
    -In Cap's own title, he's now old and Thor still has his hammer
    -In "Uncanny Avengers," Steve is also old, and he seems to have no problem being within a few feet of Iron Man

Maybe they all lost their memories after the last eye exploded?

Mighty Member

I see a bunch of people asking why the Watcher let himself get killed or attacked Fury. This is my two cents:

Once Fury realizes the eyes are data recorders full of every powerful secret, the Watcher knows he's dead. Fury IS ABSOLUTELY going to kill him for those secrets. But Uatu has seen what Fury has been doing, and knows that it's all been in the name of protecting Earth, a world Uatu himself loves. So Uatu attacks Fury to allow Nick to justify it as self defense. Basically, Uatu took Fury off the hook for his own murder.