Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    This entire event was beyond awful. Thinking about this issue makes my brain melt.
    Not as bad as Battle of The Atom (I was like wtf did i just read).

Since Civil War, all the events have been mediocre.
    I liked Fear Itself, it was decent & Infinity wasn't too bad.
    AvX was not bad, but i wasn't happy with IronMan beating Magneto. (IronMan is like Batman now with his movie stardom).

Back to topic, i think the majority foresaw Bucky replacing Nick on the Wall.
    Also on the Thor panel like someone pointed out, I saw him standing and holding his hammer thinking it was all back to normal , and then i get another panel with everyone flying off with Thor trying to lift his hammer (so much for inconsistency).
    I'm already having a headache with this new avengers now status quo between cap getting old n thor losing his hammer, trying to pace Avengers, UA & Cap.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrikishaw View Post
    Wow. This sounds like wasted potential: the comic

This whole event...what were they thinking?
    Probably something like: we need to set up these new series that are coming out and sell a bunch of comics in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    This entire event was beyond awful.
    Quoted for truth.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Actually, I don't know if Fury has become a Watcher with that chain around his ankle. He just seems to have some of that glowey power of Midas.

I was expecting there to be a preview for the Original Sin Epilogue issue as seen in the Marvel Previews, but all we got was the new Bucky book, Thor #1, and, Angela:
    Assassin #1. That excerpt of the retreating Quinjet, Thor still struggling with the hammer, must be before that pic where Cap is talking about Nick being dead, and Thor is holding the hammer. After cap does his monologue, he mentions that after Fury died, Fury's sattelite disappears, and the Mindless Ones are mindless again, so it's all connected to Nick Fury. Maybe after Fury "dies", Thor can lift his hammer again? The innuendos about Cap asking Panther and Strange if they know anymore about what Fury was up to, suggests that Cap is coming after the Illuminati in pretty short order next.

Does anybody know who the woman is who is slicing up the guy with a knife while the guy is tied to a chair? Seems like Orb and his chest Eye are very interested in seeing revenge being executed on Original Sinners.

Oubliette was a fast turncoat in this, running out on Midas her father. I wonder why she never turned into gold, like the snake did in the desert? She held daddy's hand close to her chest when getting away.

I still don't know who summoned the Mindless Ones. From the dialogue it was Nick Fury, not Midas.
    Last edited by jackolover; 09-03-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Fantastic Member

It would be great to have hasselhoff in the movies as white fury and reprise one of his greatest roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    I'd assume he has some degree of omniscience now, if he's going to be forever on the moon, watching everything, unseen.

I wonder if he'll narrate any future What If's, or if he ever secretly watched Uatu apparently talking to himself as he narrated an issue.
    This seems a lot darker than what posters had been suggesting. Why is Fury in a cloak and chained to the ground. He's not invisible, because his form is quite strongly outlined. What it suggests to me is not that Fury isn't a Watcher as much as in a perpetual Penance for his sins. How will he eat? How will he be able to relate to anyone else? Obviously, whatever happened to him, is a big mystery and it will have to be revealed in up coming issues of Bucky Barnes: the Winter Soldier, the new man on the wall. But from the images, what happened to Fury is more like a punishment by somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun2de View Post
    Not as bad as Battle of The Atom (I was like wtf did i just read).

Since Civil War, all the events have been mediocre.
    I liked Fear Itself, it was decent & Infinity wasn't too bad.
    AvX was not bad, but i wasn't happy with IronMan beating Magneto. (IronMan is like Batman now with his movie stardom).

Back to topic, i think the majority foresaw Bucky replacing Nick on the Wall.
    Also on the Thor panel like someone pointed out, I saw him standing and holding his hammer thinking it was all back to normal , and then i get another panel with everyone flying off with Thor trying to lift his hammer (so much for inconsistency).
    I'm already having a headache with this new avengers now status quo between cap getting old n thor losing his hammer, trying to pace Avengers, UA & Cap.
    I was more concerned by what Strange said to Panther. That everybody is going to be more secretive now, because nobody trusts anybody anymore with all these secrets out in the open now.

Can someone post or pm [so i dont see the spoilers] the reading order for this including the spin offs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    Can someone post or pm [so i dont see the spoilers] the reading order for this including the spin offs
    Thanks
    I don't think there's much need for a reading order to be honest. This event was very specific to the story of Nick Fury. All the spin offs were just that character's original sin, nothing to do with the events in this event series.
    Last edited by Nosocialize; 09-04-2014 at 06:55 AM.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    He does. But what I'm saying is that I don't think Uatu is "done and wants to retire." He's just seen enough to know that secret hungry Nick Fury is going to murder him for what he knows either way. He's just giving Fury an opening to do what Uatu already knows he's going to do anyway.
    He definitely looks anguished.

Overall, I felt like this was very much like Age of Ultron...A major letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Whatever the direction Marvel is taking things now, the mute Watcher watching on as something important happens is much more memorable imagery then cloaked badass #5786 showing up at the scene. We WILL have a real Watcher again sooner or later. We didn't get one now and Fury is still alive. Marvel didn't fire the bullet on Nick Fury just yet.
    Seems like they meant to give the impression that Fury won't be used for a while. I mean, they chained him to the moon...

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    i was turned off by this series when they showed nick dealing with all sorts of threats WAY BEYOND his power level.
    if they toned that down by like 9000 notches, then i'd be happy for buck
    To be fair, they conveniently left out loads of context.

Extraordinary Member

I like this final issue. The first two issues and this were well done. If only the 5 issues in between had been condensed into one, maybe two, issues, it would have read better. The unnecessary cliff hangers and untold history of the Man on the Wall really killed the momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I don't know where you get secret hungry Nick Fury from. That whole scene was Fury trying to help Uatu and getting frustrated because Uatu's inaction wouldn't let him.
    Fury had been spying on Uatu for some time and was planning on killing at some point according to the first Point 1 special issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    This whole event would have been a lot better had they stuck to it being more murder mystery and not try to make it some epic cosmic clash and the last stand and retcon of the OG Nick Fury as one of the greatest individuals the 616 had ever seen. Mainly because HE ALREADY WAS BEFORE ALL THIS BULL story began!

I get why Original Sin exists, but much like Fear Itself, there are big questions on whether or not it should. But hey, at least now Fear Itself and Age of Ultron has company at the bottom of Marvel's post 2000 big crossover lists.
    Murder mysteries are pretty hard to pull off especially with everything that has to be taken into account in the Marvel Universe. Even this event showed how far they had to push the limits of what the reader would accept in order to justify what was a predictable reveal. I think they should have promoted this as an epic, cosmic scale event and not muddied things up with the murder mystery angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Overall, I felt like this was very much like Age of Ultron...A major letdown.
    At least it didn't end like AoU with nothing changing.

Incredible Member

I'm not thrilled that Winter Soldier is no longer the "2nd Cap" character. I liked him, even as much as I hated to see Bucky revived.

Real, original Nick Fury some sort of disembodied ghost type character? Even dumber.

This was THE Nick Fury - hero of WWII. Leader of SHIELD.

Thor left trying to lift his own weapon while the Avengers just leave him there?!?!?

This whole series was just lame.