Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Thor left trying to lift his own weapon while the Avengers just leave him there?!?!?

This whole series was just lame.
    Aaron is so OVERRATED.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

What a waste of my life.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

At the beginning of history, this saga seemed to have an interesting premise, but has proven to be as bad or worse than Age of Ultron and Fear Itself issue by issue as they advanced, Jason Aaron is a good writer but honestly neither here nor in other things he has done with the exception of Thor and maybe the first issues of Wolverine and the X-Men is so overrated.

Hopefully Remender have better luck with AXIS, if not, maybe it would be the last crossover that I will buy from Marvel.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 09-04-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Radar Sense Bitches !! Matt Murdock's Swagger's Avatar

So just like that Winter Soldier is the new "Man on the Wall"... I guess they'll explain it in his new series, but honestly, I hate the whole idea of the "Man on the Wall".

I have not read the entire thread so my bad if I'm repeating anything that has already been mentioned but this story is good. The whole time I'm thinking this is a classic murder mystery like a Law & Order episode, in a way it was but it was also so much more. With the last issue we come to see this is really a story about old Nick Fury ,Uatu and Uatu's death wish. To me that was the reveal, not that Nick Fury shot Uatu but the fact that it was Uatu who engineered all of the events leading to his death. Fury was the man on the wall and took an active role to save our planet and did it like a good soldier should, every step Fury took Uatu was right there watching. Not only was Uatu watching Fury he was watching everything on Earth. Every little secret and detail that could save countless lives everyday is in the Watchers eyes and to the contrary of what Fury thought about the Watcher, Uatu cared deeply for earth and its inhabitants. It pained the watcher to just sit by and watch but like a good soldier he performs his duty . Now the line the Orb drops at the end of the issue is key, He tells Fury that they were both chosen. The way I take that is Uatu puts into the Orbs mind "come take my eye you can have all the secrets". Being the man on the wall and seeing the watcher has been hit Fury is going to do something about it like the watcher knew fury would. Fury see's one eye missing and knows what it could mean if it feel into the wrong hands. The watcher is not telling Fury who took it, the watcher has one eye left, he knows what's in Fury's job description and it's been established that it was The watcher that gave Orb the original idea. Just to make it poetic Fury is now made the new watcher and the way I interpreted those chains are the other watchers who came down floating near the end like Uatu have probably seen everything that has happened leading up to this point and to punish Fury and at the same time filling a vacancy the watchers made Fury the new watcher for earth, the planet that he has killed so much for in secrecy. Now we as the watchers chain you here and make you watch everything while doing nothing in secret. Uatu did it for thousands if not millions of years, helping where he could be even he blew his brains out because the job really is a bitch. As I'm writing I'm thinking knowing what we know now about Furry how much can he see and know he can do nothing before he put together a scheme like this. Like I said it's a good story
    Last edited by Dabpool; 09-04-2014 at 06:35 PM.

All-New Member

^^^
    Paragraph much?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dabpool View Post
    Like I said it's a good story
    One thing I wonder about, is this all because The Watcher sacrificed himself for some greater purpose, or did he know Fury was going to kill him sooner than later and this was sort of a premeditated revenge?

The first issue of this series hooked me. Each successive issue disappointed me. Should be retitled ORIGINAL MEH.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Murdock's Swagger View Post
    So just like that Winter Soldier is the new "Man on the Wall"... I guess they'll explain it in his new series, but honestly, I hate the whole idea of the "Man on the Wall".
    Sort of true, no explanation as to why he took it on himself to do this. He wasn't very fond of Nick in this event to begin with.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Of everything that happened...

People are wondering why Thor was left behind? Seriously guys?

A God known for his stubborness suddenly cannot lift his hammer and you think he is just going to immeidately fly off and leave it?

I mean come on guys lol
    Aaaaan y xcter who r much much mo closer 2 Uatu were nt involved in dis so calld event...Reed, Ulana, BM & Uatu's child, nowhr in syt or mention of dem or hw all dis affex dem in any way. URGH!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Aaaaan y xcter who r much much mo closer 2 Uatu were nt involved in dis so calld event...Reed, Ulana, BM & Uatu's child, nowhr in syt or mention of dem or hw all dis affex dem in any way. URGH!
    I have a feeling it takes you longer to write gibberish like that than actual words.

Spectacular Member markallenchi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cajun2de View Post
    Not as bad as Battle of The Atom (I was like wtf did i just read).

Since Civil War, all the events have been mediocre.
    I liked Fear Itself, it was decent & Infinity wasn't too bad.
    AvX was not bad, but i wasn't happy with IronMan beating Magneto. (IronMan is like Batman now with his movie stardom).

Back to topic, i think the majority foresaw Bucky replacing Nick on the Wall.
    Also on the Thor panel like someone pointed out, I saw him standing and holding his hammer thinking it was all back to normal , and then i get another panel with everyone flying off with Thor trying to lift his hammer (so much for inconsistency).
    I'm already having a headache with this new avengers now status quo between cap getting old n thor losing his hammer, trying to pace Avengers, UA & Cap.
    Battle of The Atom was the worst trash I've ever read. Such a waste. And yes, there is no way Iron Man takes down Magneto.

Astonishing Member

1) I think I have a vastly different view on events than most online do. I dont think they are supposed to be game changing. I think they are just supposed to be stories using a much bigger cast.Its probably why I dont get event fatigue, because I want an enjoyable story, and if the story is bad, then I treat it like any other bad story that I read every month.

2)I like the poetry of killing a watcher is to become a watcher. Nick being a man of action, have to stare at a world and do nothing about it, is true torture.

3)Deodato art was awe inspiring. Even when the story failed, Deodato's work didnt.

4)The Orb becoming the ultimate peeping tom was creepy, but a dead end.

5)I dont really see how this affects Marcus, other than no longer being in contact with his Father. They both exist now on two different playing fields. Even though I do feel we are going to Nick Fury LMD stories in the future.Maybe they start acting indepently and continue Nick's legacy.

6)The Thor moment was really off. I think I will reread it because its either means that people dont REMEMBER, who Thor is because he is no longer worthy of being Thor, or just poor execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I enjoyed this series at the beginning but it kind of fizzled out towards the end.

All in all, it was just mediocre.
    That's how I feel.

Personally, I'd like to see someone come in and retcon Fury's whole involvement in this thing eventually. Reveal that it was actually an LMD that was the 'man on the wall' It just doesn't fit with the Fury we know.

Meh, this series started out semi-interesting, but it lost all its steam as early as issue #2. It's clear that the entire purpose of this event was to create tie-ins. The event issues themselves are worthless.
    On ye olde CBR