Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Klaw versus Kitty Pryde

Klaw versus Kitty Pryde, 616 versions of both, in the Khazan Arena.

I always wondered why kalw in SW is so different than he was in BP?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

"I'll get you NEXT TIME, SHADOWCAT!! NEXT TIME!!"
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Kitty has no problems hearing when phased, so I assume sonic overload would knock her out.

On the other hand, I would not expect Klaw's creatures of "solidified sound" to be of much use.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Kitty has no problems hearing when phased, so I assume sonic overload would knock her out.

On the other hand, I would not expect Klaw's creatures of "solidified sound" to be of much use.
    Agreed - Klaw is pretty much limited to blasting the crap out of her with sonics.

I strongly doubt it would do DAMAGE, but certainly could KO her before Kate could get into range.

Also, she goes by Kate now.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

While Klaw is pretty limited in what he can do to her, is there anything Kitty/Kate/Shadowcat can do to hurt Klaw and his body made of sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    While Klaw is pretty limited in what he can do to her, is there anything Kitty/Kate/Shadowcat can do to hurt Klaw and his body made of sound?
    Probably not, and even if she CAN get to Klaw that's going to be a problem.

While Kate can disrupt stuff that is electrical and so forth, to the best of my knowledge she doesn't have feats for messing with 'sound' energy (whatever the hell that is, maaaan I love comics and their 'sound is a specific energy!' and 'cold is a specific energy!').

This is basically a stomp for Klaw, barring someone coming in here with some crazy feats for Kate I've never seen before. ^_^ It's possible - we have Banshee and Siryn among the mutants, so maybe she has gotten into a fight with them and there has been stuff about her and sound.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Does the Khazan Arena have some depth to it? If Kate phases into the ground beneath the surface of the arena, she won't be removing herself from the arena, will she? Otherwise, she could dive into the ground while phased, then move towards Klaw. He can blast at the ground but that might be of limited impact. When she gets close, she can emerge from the ground and try to disrupt his sonic amplifier. I vaguely recall someone defeating Klaw by crushing it, and Kate has the automatic ability to disrupt electronics when she phases through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Does the Khazan Arena have some depth to it? If Kate phases into the ground beneath the surface of the arena, she won't be removing herself from the arena, will she? Otherwise, she could dive into the ground while phased, then move towards Klaw. He can blast at the ground but that might be of limited impact. When she gets close, she can emerge from the ground and try to disrupt his sonic amplifier. I vaguely recall someone defeating Klaw by crushing it, and Kate has the automatic ability to disrupt electronics when she phases through them.
    Viable strategy. I think that diving underground wouldn't be considered ringing herself out any more than flying would be.

Might work - would need to know more about the amplifier.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Probably not, and even if she CAN get to Klaw that's going to be a problem.

While Kate can disrupt stuff that is electrical and so forth, to the best of my knowledge she doesn't have feats for messing with 'sound' energy (whatever the hell that is, maaaan I love comics and their 'sound is a specific energy!' and 'cold is a specific energy!').

This is basically a stomp for Klaw, barring someone coming in here with some crazy feats for Kate I've never seen before. ^_^ It's possible - we have Banshee and Siryn among the mutants, so maybe she has gotten into a fight with them and there has been stuff about her and sound.
    I mean Klaw only manages to exist as he does due the sonic converter that replaces his hand. If Kitty disrupts this (and yes, I’ve been wondering about this strategy from the get-go), he could be screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I mean Klaw only manages to exist as he does due the sonic converter that replaces his hand. If Kitty disrupts this (and yes, I’ve been wondering about this strategy from the get-go), he could be screwed.
    Okay, seems like it's shifting the other direction. Unless Klaw can fly, he's in trouble; Kate wanders through the floor, unseen, and at some point manages to sneak up on him.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

Could he create like a sound bird that could pick him up and fly him around the arena outside of Kate's reach?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Could he create like a sound bird that could pick him up and fly him around the arena outside of Kate's reach?
    If he can pull off stuff like that, this becomes....

1. One of those horrible stamina contests, which Klaw will no-doubt win but doesn't actually showcase much of the characters;
    2. Possibly the most ridiculous non-stomp Rumble we've had all year.
    Why are we here?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    While Kate can disrupt stuff that is electrical and so forth, to the best of my knowledge she doesn't have feats for messing with 'sound' energy (whatever the hell that is, maaaan I love comics and their 'sound is a specific energy!' and 'cold is a specific energy!')
    In a nice subversion of that, Ms. Marvel once defeated Klaw by absorbing him with her energy absorbing powers (because sound is just kinetic energy moving air).

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    In a nice subversion of that, Ms. Marvel once defeated Klaw by absorbing him with her energy absorbing powers (because sound is just kinetic energy moving air).
    Nice. Yeah, that's what I like to see.
    Why are we here?