Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Reposting this here since it fits, he was talking before about how much he wanted to do it. Oh and Jeph Loeb shared in the Hush 20th Anniversary special that he and Jim Lee almost worked on Legion of Superheroes together after Hush.
    Well the really good thing here is that DC would likely give the artist his asking price. They don't cheap on Supes, Bats, et al like they do on WW.

Reposting this here since it fits, he was talking before about how much he wanted to do it. Oh and Jeph Loeb shared in the Hush 20th Anniversary special that he and Jim Lee almost worked on Legion of Superheroes together after Hush.
    Goddamed. That would had been something than I really would had liked to see. Loeb would had made a good story using the classic Legion. He did a great job with the Legion of SuperVllians along with the recently late Carlos Pacheco in the Batman Superman series of the early 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Well the really good thing here is that DC would likely give the artist his asking price. They don't cheap on Supes, Bats, et al like they do on WW.
    Are Wonderfans united in some kind of conspiracy or something?
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 12-07-2022 at 11:30 AM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

This is more of a theoretical project-that-will-be related post, but info on Millar's supposed project.

It might take me a year or two to get ahead on my schedule, but I'm 100% going to do another Superman story at some point. I've had a notebook I've been noodling in for quite a while now...
    The nice people who run DC contacted me last night about this tweet and we're definitely going to do this once everybody's schedule aligns a year or two down the line. Gonna be big.
    "The nice people who run DC." LOL

https://twitter.com/mrmarkmillar/sta...9HO_nD4dQ&s=19

Looks like its gonna happen, just a matter of timing. We shall see...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Adam Warren pitched a Superman/Dirty Pair crossover that was approved and even got a brief promo image in Wizard magazine before DC killed it.

Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross were working together on Superman/Star Wars until changes at both companies (supposedly mainly DC though) killed the project.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    This is more of a theoretical project-that-will-be related post, but info on Millar's supposed project.

"The nice people who run DC." LOL

https://twitter.com/mrmarkmillar/sta...9HO_nD4dQ&s=19

Looks like its gonna happen, just a matter of timing. We shall see...
    Wow so the final key member of the Superman 2000 brain trust is finally coming back to do his big Superman story? We got Morrison’s parts, we’re getting Waid’s soon, I’m truly excited to see what Millar does. I have a hunch he’s the one who created the Mxy portion of the 2000 pitch, and it’s the bets take on Mxy I’ve ever seen. Always been bummed we never got it, I would love to read a big Superman story by Millar that used Mxy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Adam Warren pitched a Superman/Dirty Pair crossover that was approved and even got a brief promo image in Wizard magazine before DC killed it.

Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross were working together on Superman/Star Wars until changes at both companies (supposedly mainly DC though) killed the project.
    Huh. I'd seen this Ross piece before but I didn't realize it was an actual thing in the works. Figured it was just his fan art.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Goddamed. That would had been something than I really would had liked to see. Loeb would had made a good story using the classic Legion. He did a great job with the Legion of SuperVllians along with the recently late Carlos Pacheco in the Batman Superman series of the early 2000.

Are Wonderfans united in some kind of conspiracy or something?
    Not sure what you mean about the conspiracy mention.

If Superman 2000 could still happen in some form I'd be really hyped. Let this big Super Family concept roll on for a few more years then do something else. Unless it caught fire in some major way that would make it dumb to get rid of, but that's not that likely. It wouldn't be the first time a current status quo was being actively worked on with prior knowledge inside that it probably wouldn't last longer term. Hell I think there's pretty much been confirmation now that's how they worked on the New 52.

Probably a lot of cope here, it's just as likely his thing will be completely stand alone, but hardly impossible.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-08-2022 at 02:36 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If Superman 2000 could still happen in some form I'd be really hyped. Let this big Super Family concept roll on for a few more years then do something else. Unless it caught fire in some major way that would make it dumb to get rid of, but that's not that likely. It wouldn't be the first time a current status quo was being actively worked on with prior knowledge inside that it probably wouldn't last longer term. Hell I think there's pretty much been confirmation now that's how they worked on the New 52.

Probably a lot of cope here, it's just as likely his thing will be completely stand alone, but hardly impossible.
    He’s not taking over the main books if that’s what you’re hoping for. He’s doing his book as a stand-alone just like how Morrison reused a lot of their ideas for All-Star and Waid did for Birthright and Testament. Millar is never going to do a Big 2 ongoing book again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I had no idea of any details so yeah, I was imagining maybe something in-continuity some years down the line. It's confirmed as stand-alone? It was just unlikely hope in any event, realistically I'm going to try and get used to the status quo as it is, as it's not deal breaking anymore as is. Finally got Kal-El Returns Special so that'll be a stepping stone.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-08-2022 at 02:59 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I had no idea of any details so yeah, I was imagining maybe something in-continuity some years down the line. It's confirmed as stand-alone? It was just unlikely hope in any event, realistically I'm going to try and get used to the status quo as it is, as it's not deal breaking anymore as is. Finally got Kal-El Returns Special so that'll be a stepping stone.
    Nothing’s confirmed but there’s no reason to believe Mark Millar of all people would go back to slumming it on an ongoing, and given his Netflix work there’s no way he will ever return to DC or Marvel full time. A stand-alone BL Superman book is the most you could hope for, it’s what Waid is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Huh. I'd seen this Ross piece before but I didn't realize it was an actual thing in the works. Figured it was just his fan art.
    Yeah.

Here's a link showing a few more images from it and Ross and Busiek saying a few words about it.
    https://www.thetimelinemachine.com/a...man-star-wars/

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Yeah.

Here's a link showing a few more images from it and Ross and Busiek saying a few words about it.
    https://www.thetimelinemachine.com/a...man-star-wars/
    Man, that sure would have been wild!

This is the one Superman project that's haunted me since I read about it when it was first announced in Les Daniels' (RIP) wonderful Superman: The Complete History. I'm not sure what BWS is up to these days, but I've always loved his work and would pay a premium to see this project completed.

superman - complete history 186.jpg

Nothing’s confirmed but there’s no reason to believe Mark Millar of all people would go back to slumming it on an ongoing, and given his Netflix work there’s no way he will ever return to DC or Marvel full time. A stand-alone BL Superman book is the most you could hope for, it’s what Waid is doing.
    I think the same. I don't think he would returnt in full capacity, maybe for an specific project. Unless there where something else more substancious implied.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin