Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

From Morrison substack, intro to annotations of WW Earth One (credit to the WW forum):

Other pitches included Teen Titans, Doom Patrol, Green Arrow, several versions of an Aquaman story which I really liked, and a few takes on a potential Superman movie (I used some bits and pieces from the Superman stuff for my Action Comics run. One iteration of a story had a scene where a terraforming expedition is in trouble on Mars, and an alarm goes out. Cut to the Daily Planet. Lois Lane peeking in a broom closet says ‘Kent?’ while our first glimpse of Superman shows a startled pigeon on a ledge as he hurtles by in a purpling UV blur, then a kid looking out of a plane window as Superman’s streaky upward progress continues, evoking ‘…is it a bird? Is it a plane?...’.

Then the Earth, seen from orbit – a tiny primary-coloured figure getting closer – closer – SUPERMAN!

Most of that sequence showed up in Action Comics #14.

(All my Superman pitches had a pre-credits cold open on pulp planet Krypton, and showed silly insignificant daily life in the city of Kandor ten seconds before the moment Brainiac arrives to shrink and bottle it for his collection. A version of this sequence appeared in Action Comics #3)
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 11-28-2023 at 11:09 AM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    From Morrison substack, intro to annotations of WW Earth One (credit to the WW forum):
    Be interesting to see Morrison tackle different DC characters he never really dived into much...well, other than Doom Patrol.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    That was at the time WB was looking to reboot the franchise after the failure of SR. Johns, Millar, Waid and Meltzer were other comic-book writers that made Superman pitches for WB in 2008 before Nolan pitched Goyer's MoS idea to the studio around 2008/9. None of them had a slim chance of a greenlight vs Nolan/Goyer after TDK's success.