Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Guess we can add Man of Steel 2 to the list
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

What about failed movies, like Superman Lives and that JJ Abrams script?

-Singer’s sequel to Superman Returns would have starred Brainiac and killed off Jason
    -The Harley Quinn TAS showrunners first pitched a Superfamily cartoon based on Rebirth and the Silver Age that would’ve given us Kenan Kong’s first appearance outside of comics
    -Dan Jurgens planned on doing a Conduit story if he had stayed past Action 1000
    -Tomasi and Gleason planned on introducing a Clois daughter if they had stayed, and also I think they wanted to do a Brainiac story?
    -James Tucker pitched a Batman: The Brave & The Bold sequel series that was basically a World’s Finest cartoon about Batman and Superman living together as roommates
    -Someone pitched a live action Superman Red Son Elseworld film to WB after the 2017 JL film tanked but it didn’t happen
    -Also prior to the failed second attempt at MoS2, Cavill and MacQuarrie pitched a MoS2 that would’ve tied Superman and GL together
    -Phil Bourassa posted some concept art for an Old Man Superman animated movie that didn’t happen. A Superboy would have been involved too
    -Rucka and Perkins wanted to do a BL Daily Planet book in the same vein as Gotham Central but Didio passed on it to focus on 5G and Bendis asked them to do Lois Lane instead
    -Speaking of Bendis I expect we can put his animated LoSH show here too at this point
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    -Singer’s sequel to Superman Returns would have starred Brainiac and killed off Jason
    I think that would had been too dark... unless Singer would had recycled the pattented "return the time back by flying against earth rotation DEM".
    -The Harley Quinn TAS showrunners first pitched a Superfamily cartoon based on Rebirth and the Silver Age that would’ve given us Kenan Kong’s first appearance outside of comics
    TAS showrunners? Damn.

-Tomasi and Gleason planned on introducing a Clois daughter if they had stayed, and also I think they wanted to do a Brainiac story?
    Well, maybe revisited in some special or an elseworld. Comic ideas always are easy to being brought back than other media projects.

-James Tucker pitched a Batman: The Brave & The Bold sequel series that was basically a World’s Finest cartoon about Batman and Superman living together as roommates
    World's Oddest Couple.

-Someone pitched a live action Superman Red Son Elseworld film to WB after the 2017 JL film tanked but it didn’t happen
    That hardly could be something than could pass anyway.

-Also prior to the failed second attempt at MoS2, Cavill and MacQuarrie pitched a MoS2 that would’ve tied Superman and GL together
    Another lost chance I suppose.

I wonder if it would had going in the line of Batman Beyond or it would be different.

-Rucka and Perkins wanted to do a BL Daily Planet book in the same vein as Gotham Central but Didio passed on it to focus on 5G and Bendis asked them to do Lois Lane instead
    I always wanted to see a series set in the Planet. A maxi series showing really why Perry White is a good editor, how the planet deals by becoming a media outlet, and more. But no, Bendis had to ruin that chance.

-Speaking of Bendis I expect we can put his animated LoSH show here too at this point
    Please, don't say anything. Bendis is a crafty guy and he must have a forked tongue to convince people. I believe him to be a guy capable of sell water to the fishes. True the circunstances of DWB in this moment seems to indicate than several animated projects had been cancelled (surprisingly, one from Batman himself) and that promises than the Legion by Bendis also could be considered among the discarded projects. But considering Bendis tenacity and gab (he must have that talent), it wouldn't surprise me than his project could survive the actual production maelstrom and cursing us with his un-storied version of the Legion. I will be relieved only when the cancellation of the production of animated Bendisboot is official. Either by an anoucemet of DWB or from Bendis himself. Not before.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Some concept art from the Bourassa animated movie:

I’d love to know what the plot was because it had a “Superboy” and a “Power Girl” that look utterly unlike any comic incarnation who has used those names.

that looks... kinda like Tanya Spears?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    that looks... kinda like Tanya Spears?
    Seems so. She was called Power Girl after all.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Krypto would have shown up too!

Speaking of Krypto it’s really unlikely we get that League of Super-Pets sequel now I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Please, don't say anything. Bendis is a crafty guy and he must have a forked tongue to convince people. I believe him to be a guy capable of sell water to the fishes. True the circunstances of DWB in this moment seems to indicate than several animated projects had been cancelled (surprisingly, one from Batman himself) and that promises than the Legion by Bendis also could be considered among the discarded projects. But considering Bendis tenacity and gab (he must have that talent), it wouldn't surprise me than his project could survive the actual production maelstrom and cursing us with his un-storied version of the Legion. I will be relieved only when the cancellation of the production of animated Bendisboot is official. Either by an anoucemet of DWB or from Bendis himself. Not before.
    I mean, the Bendisboot Legion was a colossal failure both critically and financially. Bendis himself doesn't even seem to be working at DC anymore. We've already got a "Legion of Four Worlds" by Geoff Johns teased. I can't imagine the animated series is happening anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I mean, the Bendisboot Legion was a colossal failure both critically and financially.
    And creatively. Specially creatively.

Bendis himself doesn't even seem to be working at DC anymore.
    Not for the comics division at least. But in in television and media? He could still be there.

We've already got a "Legion of Four Worlds" by Geoff Johns teased.
    Let's just hope this isn't one of those storylines than Johns hints but never get done (Rise of the seven seas, I see you).

I can't imagine the animated series is happening anymore.
    Oh, I wish that to be real, but with the uncertain circunstances in DWB happening all the time, I'm not sure. I will be happy only when the cancellation is confirmed officially. Not before. I believe then Bendis could convince Gunn to give him green light to go forward with any aberration than Bendis could imagine.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I feel like Chris Roberson was supposed to tell a longer Superman story.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I feel like Chris Roberson was supposed to tell a longer Superman story.
    You just reminded me that Andy Diggle had a big Superman run planned before editorial drove him away. Bailed before his first issue even released I think. But he’s back at DC with Lazarus Planet, maybe there’s a chance he could write Superman again.

Wasn’t this promo for it supposed to be teasing Superman fighting a vampire foe? I vaguely remember that.

-Phil Bourassa posted some concept art for an Old Man Superman animated movie that didn’t happen. A Superboy would have been involved too
    It seems like SUCH a no-brainer to do a Daily Planet title showcasing hardcore journalism and celebrating the truth seekers the way Gotham Central celebrated the detectives and the police.

Unsurprisingly Captain Clueless Alpha Foxtrot shot it down. If only one could go back in time and prevent his hiring...

Astonishing Member

Wasn’t this promo for it supposed to be teasing Superman fighting a vampire foe? I vaguely remember that.
    Yes, a vampire from the future (the last man on earth or something similar), when the sun would have become a red giant, or something like that. And Superman would have had his arm chopped and he would have had to find a way to hide his secret identity.
    Bizarre, but not the worst idea I have heard of.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

BANNED

Here is where the Superman identity reveal was supposed to go in 5G

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/how-...s-chapter-two/