Astonishing Member

Default Max Brooks Zombies runs Monsterverse Kaiju Gauntlet

since both media limits the superpowered beings that exist in the universe into Non-sapient ones(definitely in WWZ novel case, maybe in Monsterverse case), I decided to make around 7-8 billion of Max Brooks' zombies to run the gauntlet against Monsterverse Kaijus and here's the kaiju that these Max Brooks zombies that will go up against:

1. King Kong
    2. Skullcrawler
    3. Behemoth
    4. Leafwing
    5. Rodan
    6. King Ghidorah
    7. Godzilla

how far these zombies got through this gauntlet?
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Hard to really gauge in words
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Mighty Member

I would think eventually most of the kaiju would sleep and then get bitten by a zombie and infected/killed (though I don't remember exactly how WWZ zombies worked, I think bites were still bad). Some of them like King Ghidorah and Godzilla may have scales/hide too tough to bite. Arguably all of them have skin so thick and tough that they are immune to bites, but not sure about that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    I would think eventually most of the kaiju would sleep and then get bitten by a zombie and infected/killed (though I don't remember exactly how WWZ zombies worked, I think bites were still bad). Some of them like King Ghidorah and Godzilla may have scales/hide too tough to bite. Arguably all of them have skin so thick and tough that they are immune to bites, but not sure about that.
    There's 2 types of WWZ Zombies: Max Brooks Zombies(which we use here) and Movie!WWZ zombies(doesn't used here not just for being technically living zombies that not exactly carnivores)
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    since both media limits the superpowered beings that exist in the universe into Non-sapient ones(definitely in WWZ novel case, maybe in Monsterverse case), I decided to make around 7-8 billion of Max Brooks' zombies to run the gauntlet against Monsterverse Kaijus and here's the kaiju that these Max Brooks zombies that will go up against:

1. King Kong
    2. Skullcrawler
    3. Behemoth
    4. Leafwing
    5. Rodan
    6. King Ghidorah
    7. Godzilla

how far these zombies got through this gauntlet?
    Full grown GvK could maybe be beaten after killing millions of them, zed could probably swarm his nose and mouth like ants eating him from the inside out.

The skull crawler has a similar issue though maybe it could burrow into the ground and hide when it needs to rest?

Behemoth- see Kong

Leafwing?! What are they doing here, they are little pterodactyl type animals, I'd be surprised if they could beat more then a couple zed

Rodan kills millions and can fly to a mountain top or some where to rest, then finishes the lot. If Rodan is stuck in some country sized version of the arena, he could probably still clear such a big area, that he could rest in it, and get up before zed get to him. (That actually might work for Kong and the others too, maybe? Even if they did try to entire Rodan's body it is hot, almost volcanic like, which should kill off the zed.

Ghidorah creates a class 6 hurricane by being around, flies around destroying zed, rests in their hurricane when needed.

Godzilla should be radioactive enough to keep zed out of him while he rests between destruction

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post

Ghidorah creates a class 6 hurricane by being around, flies around destroying zed, rests in their hurricane when needed.
    The literal stupidest thing in that movie, and it had a lot of stupid. The Saffir-Simpson scale, which is used to classify hurricanes, only has 5 classes. Class 5 is "sustained winds over 157mph (258kph)." They could be million mile an hour winds, it's still class 5.

In addition, the "class 6" hurricane Ghidorah caused wasn't really even as destructive as a mid-tier class 3 storm, much less class 5 (or whatever "class 6" is supposed to be). A class 5 storm just chilling over Boston would quickly destroy the city.

It's probably just best to ignore that they said something so positively stupid and move on with life.
    Last edited by big_adventure; 10-05-2022 at 04:26 AM.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The literal stupidest thing in that movie, and it had a lot of stupid. The Saffir-Simpson scale, which is used to classify hurricanes, only has 5 classes. Class 5 is "sustained winds over 157mph (258kph)." They could be million mile an hour winds, it's still class 5.

In addition, the "class 6" hurricane Ghidorah caused wasn't really even as destructive as a mid-tier class 3 storm, much less class 5 (or whatever "class 6" is supposed to be). A class 5 storm just chilling over Boston would quickly destroy the city.

It's probably just best to ignore that they said something so positively stupid and move on with life.
    While the term "class 6" might have just been a touch of artistic exaggeration/flare, the feats of Ghidorah's weather control are legit.

It is strongly implied in the canon companion graphic novel "Kingdom Kong" that if Ghidorah chills anywhere for long enough, his companion storm reaches full power. Constantly moving doesn't let it get much stronger than typical tropical storm levels. In Kingdom Kong - out in the ocean (near the volcano island from KOTM presumably) the remnants of one of his superstorms is still raging a full 2 years after his death. The storm has clocked wind speeds of 400 miles per hour and has air pressure so dense it generates intermittent tornadoes with waterspouts reaching the sea floor. There are other nifty moments where you notice he managed to flood all of Washington DC to the point where Destroyers and other naval vessels are floating past major landmarks. In this same scene, his observable storm has generated 6 separate on-screen tornados beyond its perimeter.

Anyways, the more recognizable big name Kaiju are absolutely bite proof and can kill MANY zombies just by walking or flying around in a casual manner.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    While the term "class 6" might have just been a touch of artistic exaggeration/flare, the feats of Ghidorah's weather control are legit.

It is strongly implied in the canon companion graphic novel "Kingdom Kong" that if Ghidorah chills anywhere for long enough, his companion storm reaches full power. Constantly moving doesn't let it get much stronger than typical tropical storm levels. In Kingdom Kong - out in the ocean (near the volcano island from KOTM presumably) the remnants of one of his superstorms is still raging a full 2 years after his death. The storm has clocked wind speeds of 400 miles per hour and has air pressure so dense it generates intermittent tornadoes with waterspouts reaching the sea floor. There are other nifty moments where you notice he managed to flood all of Washington DC to the point where Destroyers and other naval vessels are floating past major landmarks. In this same scene, his observable storm has generated 6 separate on-screen tornados beyond its perimeter.

Anyways, the more recognizable big name Kaiju are absolutely bite proof and can kill MANY zombies just by walking or flying around in a casual manner.
    You have forgotten more Zilla lore than I'll ever know, I grant you.

I'm just saying that they stated in the film directly that there was a "class six hurricane" around Ghidorah, but... there simply wasn't anything like the effects of even a class 2 storm around him on screen. They didn't say "there's tropical depression-level stuff around Ghidorah, and it'll turn into a (ugggggggh) class six storm if he stops moving." They said "class six hurricane" as in right now, which seems to me to mean that the people saying it don't know what that means.

And for Rumbles purposes, that's pretty damning, as we go by feats over character statements. And Ghidorah, in the film, absolutely positively lacks the feat for generating something on the ridiculous destructive level of a strong hurricane. Ian, which just hit, touched land in Florida as a class 4 storm. Fortunately, the strongest stuff hit relatively sparsely populated areas. It very quickly weakened to tropical storm level, and despite that, and the "luck" of it hitting between major population centers, killed 126 people in the state despite massive evacuations, and is estimated to have done around 50 billion dollars in damage. And this is in a state that is prepared for hurricanes. If that storm made landfall at that level in Washington, Boston or New York, the damage would be mental.

I don't know from this companion novel you mention. I don't know that it would be considered canon here. I just know that the stuff we see on screen in the movie with Ghidorah is far from Ian level, much less whatever the hell "class six" would imply. I can tell you that a hurricane-sized storm raging for 2 years with 400 mph winds would end life on most of the Atlantic seaboard just from wave action - that would send out 100 foot or higher swells. It would also destroy global weather for decades. And, of course, it wouldn't just stand still.

I certainly agree that these zombies would have a bitch of a time getting their teeth into Ghidorah or Zilla or any of the massive named kaijus.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

going to point out that human teeth almost certainly can't penetrate kaiju hide, it'd be like a small Spider trying to bite us only for it's fangs to be unable to penetrate our skin, will also point out that anything as heavily radiated as a Monsterverse Kaiju probably doesn't have to worry about bacteria or viruses or at least the ones that infect humans, especially given that the Brooks virus specifically doesn't target animals
    Last edited by Hiromi; 10-12-2022 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    especially given that the Brooks virus specifically doesn't target animals
    You're wrong about that, Brooks' virus is explicitly lethal to animals. Like a super-poison. It's why they don't rot (it kills other bacteria) and why bugs and animals don't eat them.

Barring the more esoteric Kaiju defenses (i.e. Godzilla's radition and Ghidora not having earth-based DNA), and without explicit feats otherwise, the more down to earth kaiju (such as Kong) would be susceptible to it.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    You have forgotten more Zilla lore than I'll ever know, I grant you.

I'm just saying that they stated in the film directly that there was a "class six hurricane" around Ghidorah, but... there simply wasn't anything like the effects of even a class 2 storm around him on screen. They didn't say "there's tropical depression-level stuff around Ghidorah, and it'll turn into a (ugggggggh) class six storm if he stops moving." They said "class six hurricane" as in right now, which seems to me to mean that the people saying it don't know what that means.

And for Rumbles purposes, that's pretty damning, as we go by feats over character statements. And Ghidorah, in the film, absolutely positively lacks the feat for generating something on the ridiculous destructive level of a strong hurricane. Ian, which just hit, touched land in Florida as a class 4 storm. Fortunately, the strongest stuff hit relatively sparsely populated areas. It very quickly weakened to tropical storm level, and despite that, and the "luck" of it hitting between major population centers, killed 126 people in the state despite massive evacuations, and is estimated to have done around 50 billion dollars in damage. And this is in a state that is prepared for hurricanes. If that storm made landfall at that level in Washington, Boston or New York, the damage would be mental.

I don't know from this companion novel you mention. I don't know that it would be considered canon here. I just know that the stuff we see on screen in the movie with Ghidorah is far from Ian level, much less whatever the hell "class six" would imply. I can tell you that a hurricane-sized storm raging for 2 years with 400 mph winds would end life on most of the Atlantic seaboard just from wave action - that would send out 100 foot or higher swells. It would also destroy global weather for decades. And, of course, it wouldn't just stand still.

I certainly agree that these zombies would have a bitch of a time getting their teeth into Ghidorah or Zilla or any of the massive named kaijus.
    100% agree that statements are worthless compared to shown feats. Absolutely on board.

In KOTM, we see Ghidorah's storm create 6 separate tornados at the periphery of its effect and flood Washington DC to the point where large naval vessels can operate while floating past notable DC landmarks. This is explicitly shown in the film and is pretty good for strength of effect purposes methinks. Ignore terms like hurricane or whatever altogether as these visual feats can still operate outside of these definitions and instead can work from a "what we've seen" perspective. He had been in DC for a while compared to having JUST arrived in Boston before Godzilla engaged him. Which might explain why the visual phenomena and storm behaviour he exhibited there did not match the intensity of DC.

The companion novels/comics are officially licensed canon Legendary/Monsterverse material. The Watcher has engaged in threads pertaining to Monsterverse combatants before where comic feats were presented and he made no dismissive remarks of them at the time so I feel they are legit.

As for the comic superstorm lasting 2 years and having 400mph winds not making logical sense as far as expected collateral damage goes... thats just comics/fiction. Superman pushes the moon or whatever and we accept it just fine instead of saying "he would have just flown through the planet" or some other reasonably logical real world expectation. As long as the comic actually shows the planet getting shoved, we dont tend to focus on the logical ramifications. The MV comic shows the storm creating massive water spouts and what not, so ignore the lack of drift and other expected real life collateral. Mileage may vary but I feel this is consistent with how we operate here.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    You're wrong about that, Brooks' virus is explicitly lethal to animals. Like a super-poison. It's why they don't rot (it kills other bacteria) and why bugs and animals don't eat them.

Barring the more esoteric Kaiju defenses (i.e. Godzilla's radition and Ghidora not having earth-based DNA), and without explicit feats otherwise, the more down to earth kaiju (such as Kong) would be susceptible to it.
    I suppose i misspoke on that, I meant in that the virus hosts don't seek to infect animals, they just ignore them, the only way for animals to contract it is to bite the infected