Page 113 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3091
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Jane is pretty much only using Honed techs bc of status effects and range reducing damage, so curious to see all these Mundane techs from others.
    Same.

But then, Jane and Krys have a LOT of techs due to choice of stats.

I have two mundane techs - one is a simple +20 Res boost, which is handy if I get hit with something (and cheap to use!) and useable every round. I can, if I want, later upgrade that to a higher level with one of my 5 free Mundanes. The other is a Mundane Energy Recovery technique, which I have deliberately kept Mundane because...*drumroll*...it gives me decent energy back, and since it's mundane I can use it TWICE in a round if need be (much more effective than getting energy back by 'doing nothing but resting').

All of my other Mundane techs are basically sitting around waiting to be used to upgrade my existing techs. Either by adding a mundane to my RES technique, two mundanes to a honed (making either a honed + honed technique or an Epic technique), or four mundanes to an Epic Technique (to, haha, create an Epic + Epic tech).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Close to finished here, just need to iron out at least a couple working techs and then I can go from there....may even save a few free tech spots if I have em for later. (Holes may need to be filled afterall)

On that note...uhh Nik.......
    *nudges post forward*
    Responded on the last page, also noted that you've kept yourself at baseline Latent ENR. I just want to flag that because Ella has an absolute fuckton of ENR to play with so you wouldn't lose much by allocating some of that toward HP if you were so inclined.

If you'd rather play a more fragile character who can do a lot stuff, that's also perfectly okay but just wanted to flag it as something for you to confirm.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Responded on the last page, also noted that you've kept yourself at baseline Latent ENR. I just want to flag that because Ella has an absolute fuckton of ENR to play with so you wouldn't lose much by allocating some of that toward HP if you were so inclined.

If you'd rather play a more fragile character who can do a lot stuff, that's also perfectly okay but just wanted to flag it as something for you to confirm.
    Noted, now that I got an idea of roughly what my skills my cost I can sort out how much ENR I can afford to keep that that and how much we can give to her health pool. Just hope that everyone remembers to protect the heale..and their all gone.

*Enna gets dogpiled*

I'm going to be away from Feb 8th to the 24th, so I may end up missing the beginning of the game.

Nevertheless, I'll endeavour to give Kinu's tech sheet a final pass by tonight so she'll be ready to go once I do return.

Retired Overlord

Ok, I did some updates to my character sheet and assigned some extra ENR to Ennas Defense. With that all out of the way....all I have to fill is one Epic Spirit Tech Slot.

...and for that I have an idea, but iffy on the implementation.

Looking at the concept of a "cover" type technique, where Enna can react to another teammate being attacked by projecting herself over and taking the hit in their stead...reducing the damage they'd take at the cost of some of her ENR pool. Has this been done or rules made to account for something like this?

Noted, now that I got an idea of roughly what my skills my cost I can sort out how much ENR I can afford to keep that that and how much we can give to her health pool. Just hope that everyone remembers to protect the heale..and their all gone.

*Enna gets dogpiled*
    Well Jane is hanging back on the backline, so maybe you'd be safer there-

*Jane moves away to put someone else in harm's way*
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Ok, I did some updates to my character sheet and assigned some extra ENR to Ennas Defense. With that all out of the way....all I have to fill is one Epic Spirit Tech Slot.

...and for that I have an idea, but iffy on the implementation.

Looking at the concept of a "cover" type technique, where Enna can react to another teammate being attacked by projecting herself over and taking the hit in their stead...reducing the damage they'd take at the cost of some of her ENR pool. Has this been done or rules made to account for something like this?
    For an ability that would allow you to act on another character's turn when you aren't even the target, you would need to Trait for that. Probably a Trait/ Technique combo.

Also, is it "Enna" or "Ella"? Your character sheet says one and you keep using the other.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    I'm going to be away from Feb 8th to the 24th, so I may end up missing the beginning of the game.

Nevertheless, I'll endeavour to give Kinu's tech sheet a final pass by tonight so she'll be ready to go once I do return.
    That's very useful to know, Kinu can be on the late insertion detail.

*Enna gets dogpiled*
    It's okay! It's okay! I have a healing tech! Somewhere... *rummages through list*

It's kind of meh, and more 'make your waveform recall a previous pattern' than anything else, but it'll probably wake you up.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-30-2023 at 05:40 PM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Same.

But then, Jane and Krys have a LOT of techs due to choice of stats.

I have two mundane techs - one is a simple +20 Res boost, which is handy if I get hit with something (and cheap to use!) and useable every round. I can, if I want, later upgrade that to a higher level with one of my 5 free Mundanes. The other is a Mundane Energy Recovery technique, which I have deliberately kept Mundane because...*drumroll*...it gives me decent energy back, and since it's mundane I can use it TWICE in a round if need be (much more effective than getting energy back by 'doing nothing but resting').

All of my other Mundane techs are basically sitting around waiting to be used to upgrade my existing techs. Either by adding a mundane to my RES technique, two mundanes to a honed (making either a honed + honed technique or an Epic technique), or four mundanes to an Epic Technique (to, haha, create an Epic + Epic tech).
    See, I'm just sitting on my mundane's like they're some kinda get outta jail free card.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

….they pretty much are, good choice.
    Why are we here?

I got distracted by D&D related talk (anyone who follows those news knows that I'm talking about so I won't elaborate) and fell sick for a while, so this took much longer to get together than i wanted. The techniques are still being brainstormed so it's not even quite done yet, I apologize for that. At least the stats are what Nik corrected and so are probably okay?

In the meantime here is my silly build of over-focusing on a single stat, with a character theme inspired by JoJo in honor of the anime adapting Part 6 this year.

Name: Arcadia
    Race: Human
    Physical Description: A young woman with soft features, blue eyes and short hair. She wears unremarkable clothes typical of an early 21st century tourist, and carries around a camera that she never actually uses to take pictures.
    Homeworld: Arcadia has a very limited knowledge of the places of the multiverse. Her original home was called Earth, but she doesn't know enough to narrow it down further from all the places that share that name.
    Bio: Arcadia had another name, once. She was just another human, once. Her fall through the multiverse, unprompted by her own actions, changed that. As she traveled through the spaces between dimensions, time unfurled before her for just an instant - though the word doesn't make much sense when referring to time itself. Her present unfurled without end, past and future connecting to form a perfect circle, and in that moment of eternity she saw no what-ifs, no possibilities what had already happened and would occur. What she found there was exultation, a feeling of omnipotence at the knowledge that all things had already been determined and most importantly that she truly existed amidst it all. Her experience of eternity soon faded from her memory, if it was ever more than an hallucination caused by an overwhelming experience, but the feelings it left behind remained. Arcadia now walks as a slightly unsettling being, rejoicing in all the flavors of life as they come with the certainty that while some parts of her life were not and will not be enjoyable, in the end a single smile casts it all in a joyous light.
    Want: Already fulfilled, though some might call her an empty shell instead, Arcadia walks forward simply to confirm her path. Her entire being echoes with a single gleeful thought, "I can't wait to experience what comes next again!".

Traits

Riding With Destiny
    +10 PRE, +10 AGI
    Arcadia possesses an additional Technique Action each turn.

Giving It All My Soul
    +10 PRE, +10 EN
    When Arcadia inflicts a Spirit Effect on a target, she can propagate it to a number of targets equal to her level. (This one may need some rephrasing; Nik okay'd the concept but I'm not sure if this is mechanically sound wording.)

Vitality Block
    Raw HP: 42
    Max HP: 192

XP: 150

Offensive Block
    STR: 10 BASE + BUILD + TRAIT = 10
    PRE: 10 BASE + 90 + 20 = 120
    CHR: 10 BASE + BUILD + TRAIT = 10

Defensive Block
    DUR: 10 BASE + BUILD + TRAIT + SYNC = 10
    RES: 10 BASE + BUILD + TRAIT + SYNC = 10
    AGI: 10 BASE + BUILD + 10 + 22 = 42

Hit Block
    BRA: 10 BASE + BUILD + TRAIT + SYNC = 10
    SPD: 10 BASE + BUILD + TRAIT + 2 = 12
    SKI: 10 BASE + 40 + TRAIT + SYNC = 50

Energy Matrix Block
    ENR: 10 BASE + 20 + 10 + SYNC = 40
    ENR VALUE: 400
    Latent ENR: 150
    Mastered ENR: 250
    Stack: 5

Movement and Action Block
    RAC: 1.44 therefore 1 usable RAC point per round
    Movement: 45 feet per round
    ATK Actions: 1 (+1 if your SPD is 50 or above)
    Technique Actions: 3 (+1 if your SKI is 50 or above) (+1 from Riding With Destiny)
    Range: 125
    RUM: 3

Affinity:
    Free Slots: 10 Mundane Slots
    Body: 0 Slots (3.13% Damage Reduction)
    Spirit: 4 Honed Slots, 3 Epic Slots (43.75% Damage Reduction)
    Mind: 0 Slots (3.13% Damage Reduction)

Techniques
    (This section is still being brainstormed a bit and is subject to changes.)

Epic Precision Technique: Time, Halt Thee Not, For All Is Fair. (Persistent)
    Cost: 10 Mastered ENR, 10 Mastered ENR per turn after the first, +15 to Mastered ENR cost of other Techniques after the first turn
    +25 PRE, +25 SKI
    Effect: Greater Efficiency - Asceticism

Dual-Epic Precision Technique Slot: How Glorious Is Life
    Cost: 95 Mastered ENR
    +75 PRE/+15 AGI (+60 PRE from Slot 1, +15/+15 from Slot 2)
    Effect Slot 1: Heals based on PRE + Epic Technique
    Effect Slot 2: Greater Awakening - Zen

Epic Mind Technique Slot: Tell Me Of The Past, My Future
    +20 CHR, +20 BRA <Area of Effect>
    Cost: 75 Mastered ENR
    Effect: Epic Disinterest - Forget

Epic Spirit Techniques Slot: Tell Me Of The Present, My Self
    +75 SKI
    Cost: 40 Mastered ENR
    Effect: Greater Spiritual Resilience - Purify

Honed Body Technique Slot: Tell Me Of The Future, My Past
    +40 DUR
    Cost: 25 ENR
    Effect: Withstand

Honed Spirit Technique Slot: Such Is Eternity
    +40 PRE
    Cost: 25 Mastered ENR
    Effect: Restores (PRE+40) (-25 for technique cost) Mastered ENR.

Honed Mind Technique Slot: But Specks Of Dust (Counter)
    +40 CHR
    Effect: Honed Fear - Frighten

Honed Spirit Technique Slot: All Is Meant To Be
    +30 SKI, <RANGED>
    Effect: Greater Concuss - Stun
    Last edited by Siriel; 01-30-2023 at 06:31 PM.

Very interesting. This is basically the flip side of Van with more Techniques than actions.

I don't really know how she attacks but I presume it's some Fatal Frame camera thing and would be devastating with that PRE.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    For an ability that would allow you to act on another character's turn when you aren't even the target, you would need to Trait for that. Probably a Trait/ Technique combo.

Also, is it "Enna" or "Ella"? Your character sheet says one and you keep using the other.
    Ella, for some reason my brain ahs been hitting n instead of l on my keyboard the past couple posts lol

Thank you Siriel, i will vet things later today.

First question, are you formally pivoting to Arcadia over Van as your character of choice?