Page 65 of 207 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

To clarify, based on her affinity she has an additional 50% DMG Reduction?

That across the board, or specific to one of the affinities?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Social Matrix stats are bracketed like so:

00 - 09 - Bad
    10 - 19 - Okay
    20 - 29 - Good
    30+ - Exceptional

So, not very Insightful or Deceptive. So not good at poker. Otherwise, mostly okay at other things and quite intimidating.

You can also put a Stack on CHR and/or BRA to boost some of those a little bit.
    That's where you're wrong! If she eats the other players, she'll win by default.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    To clarify, based on her affinity she has an additional 50% DMG Reduction?

That across the board, or specific to one of the affinities?
    No. She has resistance to the degree outlined on a per Affinity Basis. As she's a big tough gurl, she gets maximum damage reduction (~27%) on Body based Attacks because that's her strongest Affinity.

That will also effect her RES checks as well. Though, Body doesn't use RES for most status checks so that won't factor in as much.

She's also surprisingly resistant to Mind stuff. Spirit is her obvious weak point but given that Spirit Effects are a Pass/Fail on RES, she might still be quite hard to hurt.

No. She has resistance to the degree outlined on a per Affinity Basis. As she's a big tough gurl, she gets maximum damage reduction (~27%) on Body based Attacks because that's her strongest Affinity.

That will also effect her RES checks as well. Though, Body doesn't use RES for most status checks so that won't factor in as much.

She's also surprisingly resistant to Mind stuff. Spirit is her obvious weak point but given that Spirit Effects are a Pass/Fail on RES, she might still be quite hard to hurt.
    Stumbled into exactly what I was looking for in the rework, perfect.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Stumbled into exactly what I was looking for in the rework, perfect.
    Happy to hear it. Now you only got a bunch of Techniques to make and then you're off to the races.

Also, you can have another positive Trait so you can have another unique mechanic if you want it. You would need to subtract the stat boost from the eating Trait.

See what Sharp did with Krys' negative Trait for reference.

Happy to hear it. Now you only got a bunch of Techniques to make and then you're off to the races.

Also, you can have another positive Trait so you can have another unique mechanic if you want it. You would need to subtract the stat boost from the eating Trait.

Will definitely come up with one!

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

One stack will always add one or two to a social attribute. Stocking on both will always add three.

One thing you could do is a technique like Fearsome Roar, or Serpent’s Gaze, that sort of thing. A social technique.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I swear to God, my phone becomes more and more stupid the more I use it. Rather than the opposite. The auto correct on voice analysis just gets worse and worse.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Yeah, just make the eating one a purely negative trait without any bonuses. And then you have another free positive trait.
    Why are we here?

Hmmmmm, negative traits
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Hmmmmm, negative traits
    They don’t get you anything, but they’re fun to play in character.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Hmmmmm, negative traits
    They don’t get you anything, but they’re fun to play in character.

And they give an in character reason why your character is different from other people.
    Why are we here?

Have rewritten what was formally Dual Affinity Techniques and has hence been named Multi-Slot Techniques. Unfortunately, it's long enough I have to give it it's own post.

Multi-Slot Techniques
    Players may wish to combine their slots to created Techniques that boost multiple stats or can trigger multiple effects. This can be spread across separate Affinity types. The rules surrounding this are as follows:

Construction Rules
    - A single Technique can only have one supplementary Slot added to it. If adding a secondary Slot from the same Affinity, it cannot boost the same stat as the primary.
    - When a Slot is added to another Technique, the boost that is added is halved. (Example: A Honed Slot boost goes from +40 to +20)
    - In instances where two DMG type Stats (STR/PRE/CHR) are associated with a Technique, the damage will be calculated based on the primary stat type even if it is lower. Please always list the primary damage stat first. Secondary damage stats will only be used to calculate the success of associated Status Effects where applicable.
    - A Technique will always have the ENR cost associated with whatever the highest level of Slot that is attached to it. (Example: A Mundane Technique with an attached Epic Slot would still cost 75 ENR to fire.)
    - If you wish to add additional Status Effects to a Technique from the Body or Spirit Effects Tables using a Slot, you halve the stat boost provided by the additional Slot again and also increase the invocation ENR costs for the overall Technique depending on the additional Slot type at the following rates: Mundane +5, Honed +10, Epic +15. If you just add the normal, halved, numerical boost and opt to waive the associated Status Effects, then the ENR cost remains the default. This quartering does not apply to Mind Techniques as they only exist as Status Effects and the impact of that effect is already influenced by the halving of the secondary stat but the enhanced ENR cost still applies.
    - An exception to the above rule is if you combine two Epic Technique slots. In this instance, the stat boost will not be quartered, though it will still be halved, and you will have access to both sets of Status Effects to create something extremely nasty. ENR costs will be increased by +20 ENR.
    - Persistent Techniques cannot receive additional Status Effects. They can only gain the benefit of the halved numerical boost and any Status Effects must be provided by the primary Technique Slot. This includes Epic Persistent Techniques, the exception above does not apply in this case.

Some examples of Dual Affinity Techniques are as follows:

Example: Iron Hard Determination [+40 DUR Body / +10 RES Spirit (Halved from +20)] Target focuses his chi and becomes more durable to attacks and status effects. Body Effect: Withstand. Costs 25 ENR. Uses: 1 Honed Body slot, 1 Mundane Spirit slot.

Example: Stupefying Punch [+20 STR Body / +20 CHR Mind (Halved from +40)] Attacker punches the Target in the head hard enough to momentarily damage their intelligence. Body Effect: Shove. Mind Effect: Lowers BRA stat. Costs 35 ENR Uses: 1 Mundane Body slot, 1 Honed Mind slot.

Example: Devastating Lightning [+60 PRE Spirit / +30 STR Body (Halved from +60)] Attacker releases their inner lightning spirit which smites their opponent repeatedly with their signature combo and sends them flying. Flurry occurs prior to Body Combo effects. Spirit Effect: Flurry. Body Effect: Charge -> Fling -> Crater. Costs 95 ENR. Uses: 1 Epic Spirit slot, 1 Epic Body slot.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 12-02-2022 at 04:17 AM.

Looks good!
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Looks good!
    Thank you, been thinking about it for some time. Trying to make pure boost techniques more viable as status effects are extremely strong hence a small nerf to them. Mind remains pretty good in the overall meta though. Gives me some thoughts for NPCs ^_^

I might need to provide a great explanation for how status effects work on a Persistent Techniques, got some ideas on that front but that's another problem for another day.