Page 71 of 207 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 3091
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Oh dear, Beadle is modifying a post!

More things to read!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Both of them seem very, very ready to fight...whatever. O_O

Needless to say, I'm curious to see how the first few posts go. ^_^ I expect a lot of 'trying to comprehend things'.

...I've requested a small alteration to my own timeline on my first post to allow the other players not to need to deal with Krys's 'first appearance', for reasons that will become obvious with my first post(s)*. There's drama, there's 'this is what would logically happen'...and then there's 'and now I will force the other players to deal with it!' Noooo, thank you.

* might go a few posts, it's already really long.
    Tough.

My beeg stong girl gonna be there. Might be food!
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Oh dear, Beadle is modifying a post!

More things to read!
    Only very minor tweaks.

Added the reference to the Pneumal Network to the 2nd post.
    Added the final age to the 3rd post, and deleted reference to Khazan Arena.
    Last edited by Beadle; 12-04-2022 at 11:08 AM.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Tough.

My beeg stong girl gonna be there. Might be food!
    That is potentially one of the problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Only very minor tweaks.
    So, only a couple of hundred words. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

So, only a couple of hundred words. ^_^
    If anything I reduced the number of words. >_>

… but fair.
    Chief Curmudgeon

That is potentially one of the problems!
    Oh, this is going to be a no good very bad day.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Me, realizing ima have to write Arx's bio better now:

Eh I thought your bio was good when I read it

I do agree that the ‘Blackstone bullets’ have more impact than energy blasts, Post. Really like that idea.
    I forgot to mention in the first part but the "Magnetic" part is because they're railguns basically.

And yeah I've come to in general like things that were "realer" in fantasy in that way I think. Actual weapons that you have to sort of put away and carry as opposed to "I summon ice sword which has no meaning to me bc if it breaks or I'm done with it I reform it elsewhere"

It's worrisome when 'beast of destruction looking for glory in violence' and 'fallen from grace and love' are the most happy backgrounds in the group. Still waiting on Post, but 'necromantic cyborg sniper' does not make me think the story will be blazingly positive.

Oh, if you mean Jane's story that has been up from early days although now it's in the second post that i had to break out.

I definitely feel aspects of her are similar to other characters here though. Kind of cool that a lot of these characters are weirdly congruent despite all of us coming up with our own ideas and only the basic idea of "Khazan Multiverse with combat"
    Last edited by Postmania; 12-04-2022 at 01:17 PM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Ooof, sorry Post. Will read that (again, realize I have before but the memory, she no good) and write a line in for you as well!
    Why are we here?

They would be six.

A reincarnation of a goddess who turned from Fate to achieve ultimate freedom from All, before once-again falling from grace...and love.
    A chimeric personification of consumption enslaved to a legendary sorceress, who broke her chains...by devouring herself.
    A would-be champion of a broken land, whose quest to cleave a cycle of loss succeeded...in the complete shattering of her world.
    A artificial, necromantic assassin with a peerless kill-record through space and time...as a techno-totem of a deathgod.
    A archetypal beast of destruction still growing into her true self and searching for her identity...in the glory of battle.
    A fourth-dimensional entity of peace and joy, corrupted into a veritable satan imprisoning the souls of two worlds...victims and oppressors, both.

I was going to go with 'avatar', Post, but totem sounds more primal, more ominous, and very close to toten...which is German for 'kill'.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-04-2022 at 01:55 PM.
    Why are we here?

They would be six.

A reincarnation of a goddess who turned from Fate to achieve ultimate freedom from All, before once-again falling from grace...and love.
    A chimeric personification of consumption enslaved to a legendary sorceress, who broke her chains...by devouring herself.
    A would-be champion of a broken land, whose quest to cleave a cycle of loss succeeded...in the complete shattering of her world.
    A artificial, necromantic assassin with a peerless kill-record through space and time...as a techno-totem of a deathgod.
    A archetypal beast of destruction still growing into her true self and searching for her identity...in the glory of battle.
    A fourth-dimensional entity of peace and joy, corrupted into a veritable satan imprisoning the souls of two worlds...victims and oppressors, both.

I was going to go with 'avatar', Post, but totem sounds more primal, more ominous, and very close to toten...which is German for 'kill'.
    They fight crime!
    Makes sense to me Sharp, and also alliteration

Looking it over there’s like 3 god associated beings of destruction/death, neat. I like parallels
    Last edited by Postmania; 12-04-2022 at 03:08 PM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    They fight crime!
    Well, while there will opportunities to fight what one could call crime... it's not the main aim haha.

Together they... probably attempt to figure out what is going on and what it is that is irresistably pulling them into the ruins of infinite city.

I like how there's 4 God, or God adjacent characters... And then Kinu and Arx.

A really hungry lizard, and a wrassler.

Arx Inosaan

I like how there's 4 God, or God adjacent characters... And then Kinu and Arx.

A really hungry lizard, and a wrassler.
    All the major food groups.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Chief Curmudgeon

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Postmania, how do you feel about the idea of me giving Jane the ability to receive character specific information in-game, albeit with a mechnical... not so much a cost but a penalty if you use that ability?

Or, for a more flavourful question - I figure that, as a mechanised avatar of the concept of death, Jane might have the ability to sense death in some capacity? Like be able to smell it or perceive it over a given range?

This would not require a stat investment or trait, it would be an additional avenue to pursue information but with an associated penalty?

Thoughts?