Page 73 of 207 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 3091
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Heh. Kinda sounds like my DB:M Character.

Should tell you about her some time. Amusingly similar to Krys, down to the tidbit that her brother was Durga.
    Feel free to fire me a PM.

In my (her) defense, Arx will only start seeing people as 'food' once her negative trait takes effect. Before that, she's not big on attempting to eat people.
    Krys’ negative trait: cannot use RUM points.

Arx’ negative trait: Occasionally eats other players.

o_O
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Feel free to fire me a PM.

Krys’ negative trait: cannot use RUM points.

Arx’ negative trait: Occasionally eats other players.

o_O
    Eh... Yes? No?

Her negative trait is a side-effect of her nature, if she doesn't stave off her corporeal corruption by finding something (or someone) to occupy it; she becomes the someone/something to occupy it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I’m just being a little silly, possibly because I’m a little tipsy.

Arx’s negative trait is a fascinating one and very in-keeping with the character.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I must admit, I'm rather in awe of how Gen managed to combine classic wrestling madness with am extremely dark, fantasy background. O_O
    The credit for much of the background belongs to MrSandman, who had a pretty killer setup for his play by post campaign. It was a strong framework that set the tone for a rather eclectic cast, including Arxiros.

Unfortunately we didn't get too much past the introductory act, but there was enough there that could provide a logical narrative throughline.

Plus I wanted to recycle this character, she's a bit of a swerve from the one who I've been playing for nearly five years.

I like how there's 4 God, or God adjacent characters... And then Kinu and Arx.

A really hungry lizard, and a wrassler.
    In a post-apocalyptic magical girl setting, neither of them were conventionally magical, and are considerably older than the girls of Oblitus Magia.

It gets somewhat more bleak when you realize two things about Kinu, and Arx. They come from the same world, and approximate time; but are from different timelines(?). They've met before. Traveled together. Fought each other.

... and the both of them, as a direct result of their actions. Killed their timeline. Kinu, in her Madness. Arx in her hunger. In the end, Arx killed, and ate her version of Kinu. I don't doubt Kinu had to beat her version of Arx to death.

Now, here they are again.
    NOW, THIS CHRISTMAS EVE or therebouts idk THE GRUDGE MATCH TWO RPG RUNS IN THE MAKING IS COMING TO THE KHAZAN ARENA

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE

WINNER EATS LOSER

Also, Beadle: how do you pronounce your characters name? I want to have it right in my head. I mean, as a three-dimensional creature with limited language skills compared to theirs.
    Tza-ka-noth-el

The only bit that isn’t exactly as it says on the tin is the ‘c h’.

(Had to space those out because I couldn’t get the iPhone to stop capitalising the ‘c’.)
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The credit for much of the background belongs to MrSandman, who had a pretty killer setup for his play by post campaign. It was a strong framework that set the tone for a rather eclectic cast, including Arxiros.

Unfortunately we didn't get too much past the introductory act, but there was enough there that could provide a logical narrative throughline.

Plus I wanted to recycle this character, she's a bit of a swerve from the one who I've been playing for nearly five years.
    Well, it's looking good. I like it. ^_^

There are a whole bunch of characters in this game that are refugees from other games!

In a post-apocalyptic magical girl setting, neither of them were conventionally magical, and are considerably older than the girls of Oblitus Magia.
    It's always good to break out of the norm.

Well, both of them will be older than Krys. They were a university student when they stepped from All Things into Time out of Time, and no actual 'time' (as we think of it) has passed.

In another way, I figure only Tzachanothel will have the same sort of 'eternity' that Krys has experienced, though how that actually translates into 'experience on THIS level of reality' is...*wiggles hand* Not like Krys's mind can still encompass everything they experienced in that state.

NOW, THIS CHRISTMAS EVE or therebouts idk THE GRUDGE MATCH TWO RPG RUNS IN THE MAKING IS COMING TO THE KHAZAN ARENA

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE

WINNER EATS LOSER
    ...in yet another way (the pathways are infinite, yet limited, as Krys might say), that doesn't matter at all. *runs for cover*

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Tza-ka-noth-el

The only bit that isn’t exactly as it says on the tin is the ‘c h’.

(Had to space those out because I couldn’t get the iPhone to stop capitalising the ‘c’.)
    Autocorrect/Speech recognition has become even more annoying since the update. Like, my speech recognition is actually getting WORSE with time, now. It's truly ridiculous.

Any emphasis on a particular syllable? Or am I supposed to say it all Japanese-style?

...I see a noth in there. O_O
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'm aware it's all in fun but in the interests of repeated clarity, I would just like to stress, again, PVP is not the desired outcome of this game.

Made a small amendment to 0 HP rules.

Hitting Zero HP in Combat

0 HP puts a player into risk of death state. In combat, they lose all actions and on their next turn, they will drop by -5 HP. If they reach below -25 HP then they are dead. If players who are downed have Mastered ENR remaining, they can burn this to forestall the process of hitting -25 by paying the cost of the health negative in Mastered ENR. This will be at the rate as if you were paying for each turn. (5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and then 25 ENR repeatedly until the player runs empty) Once they have exhausted their ENR or choose not to pay further, the count toward -25 will continue from wherever it stopped. If you are attacked while in this state, the attack will add another -5, reducing the number of turns you have to be saved regardless of whether ENR is being spent or not.

If another player approaches a player at risk of death and they have no access to a Healing Techniques, they can sacrifice a flat 50 Mastered ENR or 1 RUM point to bring the other player back. This 50 Mastered ENR will be converted into HP and will need to cover the negative HP that has accrued over time. Using a RUM will flatly restored the downed character to 50 HP, regardless of how negative they are. If the rescuing player has a healing Technique, this can be used for more effective resurrection with the boost it provides.
    New part bolded for emphasis. Just to give players more of a way to influence their own survival.

Krys will absolutely be avoiding PVP as much as possible. Ie, if nobody is trying to push it on them, it's never going to happen, and if someone IS trying to push it on them, they're going to need to work. Hard. And possibly do stuff like 'Threaten innocents' or the like to get her to actually fight.
    Why are we here?

Any emphasis on a particular syllable? Or am I supposed to say it all Japanese-style?
    I suppose the way I’ve been imagining it is Tza-cha-noth-el.

...I see a noth in there. O_O
    I knew you’d see that.

But no, the ‘oth’ is there because of the various ones of The Infernal Names associated with that, i.e. Astaroth, Behemoth, Thoth. The ‘el’ is in there because of both the angelic name theme and more of the Infernal Names (i.e. Azazel, Sammael).

The rest was just made up.

True story: When I originally created the name, it was ‘Tzatanothel’, but then I realised it was accidentally starting with Tzatan, which felt a bit ‘on the nose’.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I like this idea. Could also be a precursor sort of to the revive dead idea I had a few pages back. What kind of penalty?

Dice are also fun to include so Beadle's idea sounds cool
    Just quoting this I’m case it was missed about the prospective thing Jane could have
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I suppose the way I’ve been imagining it is Tza-cha-noth-el.
    Got it. Rolls well off the tongue like that.

But no, the ‘oth’ is there because of the various ones of The Infernal Names associated with that, i.e. Astaroth, Behemoth, Thoth. The ‘el’ is in there because of both the angelic name theme and more of the Infernal Names (i.e. Azazel, Sammael).
    Za'afiel being my own favourite, but yeah, that all makes sense as well! ^_^

True story: When I originally created the name, it was ‘Tzatanothel’, but then I realised it was accidentally starting with Tzatan, which felt a bit ‘on the nose’.
    There are some interesting real-world connections to that. I like your current version better, anyway. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Just quoting this I’m case it was missed about the prospective thing Jane could have
    Let me PM you.

Beadle, re-read your stuff. Strikes just as hard the second time. I see you've gone semi-classic with the 'devil' motif, in terms of description/picture.

Really a gut-wrenching read.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm aware it's all in fun but in the interests of repeated clarity, I would just like to stress, again, PVP is not the desired outcome of this game.
    Arx and Kinu might beef, cuz, well.

They had a bit of beef in Oblitus, mostly because they were both real hungry, and wanted to eat another PC (a giant magic bug). And also because Arx kinda wanted to eat some of the Magical Girls, cuz, well, she was conditioned to hunt and eat them.

No magical girls here though, so that's less of an issue.

Just some residuals at the start I figure. No real PVP outside of like, the occasional elbow drop or fastball special.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Had some fun behind the curtain ideas hehehe