Page 80 of 207 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3091
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Apparently not, and it's one of the reasons why I went with 'Non-Persistent' for 'Perfection Does Not Exist'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Sounds fair.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Since we're on the topic, would applying Lacerate to all techniques (like how Arx has them on normal attacks) automatically if you made it a trait be allowed as is?
    That would be a bit too powerful for even a dedicated Trait and would effect balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    They don't get one-time (i.e. non-persistent) status effects? So you couldn't (for example) have a persistent effect primary slot with a secondary slot that does a one-and-done CONCUSS effect?
    Currently this in the process of being balanced as it will require me to go through the various effects tables and put down "This is how this works if applied to a Persistent Technique," or "This cannot be applied to a Persistent Technique," accordingly.

Previously the implication that having a status effect on a Persistent Technique would have been, "You just inflict that on your basic attacks now," and some of that is a little bit too wild.

I've got kind of a busy week and the holiday season is approaching so I am hoping to have the time to sort this soon so you can build your characters without the system changing much more. I think we're effectively done barring this one area.

I will be doing a final playtest prior to game start to check for any other issues.

OK. A new question on persistent (single slot) techniques: Where a status effect has a prolonged effect anyway, how does that work for persistent effects?

Bleed, for example. In fact let's look specifically at 'Rupture'.

Target takes -20 Core HP damage immediately, this cannot be mitigated with ENR. They will then take -5 direct HP damage for the next four turns thereafter.

So if this effect were Persistent, you could argue they were suffering that same thing every turn, so we're then getting into:

Turn 1: Target suffers 20 Core HP.
    Turn 2: Target suffers 20 Core HP (Persistent) + 5 Direct HP (from Turn 1)
    Turn 3: Target suffers 20 Core HP (Persistent) + 10 Direct HP (from Turns 1 & 2)
    Turn 4: Target suffers 20 Core HP (Persistent) + 15 Direct HP (from Turns 1, 2 & 3)
    Turn 5: Target suffers 20 Core HP (Persistent) + 20 Direct HP (from Turns 1, 2, 3 & 4)
    Turn 6: Target suffers 20 Core HP (Persistent) + 20 Direct HP (from Turns 2, 3, 4 & 5)
    etc.

That seems like a pretty extreme blood-letting, so I'm assuming that's either not how it works at all and I've completely missed the plot, or Rupture isn't usable as a Persistent effect.
    Chief Curmudgeon

OK. A new question on persistent (single slot) techniques: Where a status effect has a prolonged effect anyway, how does that work for persistent effects?

Bleed, for example. In fact let's look specifically at 'Rupture'.

Target takes -20 Core HP damage immediately, this cannot be mitigated with ENR. They will then take -5 direct HP damage for the next four turns thereafter.

So if this effect were Persistent, you could argue they were suffering that same thing every turn, so we're then getting into:

Turn 1: Target suffers 20 Core HP.
    Turn 2: Target suffers 20 Core HP (Persistent) + 5 Direct HP (from Turn 1)
    Turn 3: Target suffers 20 Core HP (Persistent) + 10 Direct HP (from Turns 1 & 2)
    Turn 4: Target suffers 20 Core HP (Persistent) + 15 Direct HP (from Turns 1, 2 & 3)
    Turn 5: Target suffers 20 Core HP (Persistent) + 20 Direct HP (from Turns 1, 2, 3 & 4)
    Turn 6: Target suffers 20 Core HP (Persistent) + 20 Direct HP (from Turns 2, 3, 4 & 5)
    etc.

That seems like a pretty extreme blood-letting, so I'm assuming that's either not how it works at all and I've completely missed the plot, or Rupture isn't usable as a Persistent effect.
    Yah, that would be waaay to powerful, even on an Epic Technique, I would not be allowing that to happen.

However, I don't want to blanket-block Persistent Techniques from having Status Effects, so this is why I'm going to through the Status Effects and make decisions on an individual level rather than trying to come up with a single rule.

I'm going to try and get this done this week but it's very much a busy time.

I'm actually fine with that.

RUPTURE requires an EPIC technique. Also, the stat bonus is less, so there's less of a chance of pulling it off, due to the comparison with RES.

Edit: Cool.

Alternately, limit effects on Persistent techs to 'Lesser Effects'. For everything.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

RUPTURE requires an EPIC technique. Also, the stat bonus is less, so there's less of a chance of pulling it off, due to the comparison with RES.
    But once you factor in using Stack on top of the tech stat bonus…

… it starts getting very messy, very quickly.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Hm, Jane could become a problem fast if she had a trait adding a status effect to her Basic Attacks the way Arx does in conjunction with her new Hunter Killer persistent tech giving her more attacks per turn active with Flow State.

Well, probably no room for that in her as-is state, but..
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

But once you factor in using Stack on top of the tech stat bonus…

… it starts getting very messy, very quickly.
    Sure. Absolutely. But maaan, I figure if you're cleanly landing an EPIC technique five rounds in a row against someone in a way that the BLEED procs every time...they're doing something wrong, you're perfectly set up to fight them, and they probably SHOULD be dead.
    Why are we here?

Edit: Cool.

Alternately, limit effects on Persistent techs to 'Lesser Effects'. For everything.
    It does take a special kind of player to look at a proposed scenario that would kill their character in two turns and go "I have no issue here," hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Hm, Jane could become a problem fast if she had a trait adding a status effect to her Basic Attacks the way Arx does in conjunction with her new Hunter Killer persistent tech giving her more attacks per turn active with Flow State.

Well, probably no room for that in her as-is state, but..
    Sounds like future level-up plans are already taking shape.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It does take a special kind of player to look at a proposed scenario that would kill their character in two turns and go "I have no issue here," hahaha
    Or even in a single turn if the proposed Persistent Rupture guy had two Basic ATK actions.

Yeah, we’re a little bag full of sunshine, aren’t we?

It just occurred to me this morning that the prime soul in Tzachanothel has known despair in their life but never, ever hope. When they were a Luminense, they were happy and content, but never aspired to anything so hope was a meaningless concept. Since then they’ve just known despair. And now, having harvested and stored the souls of billions of Kystari, they’re aware of what hope is from them, but know that it’s now gone.

Bundle of fun.
    On another note, though I have Jane's backstory plotted out I still don't have a clear picture on how she'll play out in the day to day. But I think, funnily enough that despite the whole "Being a robot that's murdered uncounted scores of sentient beings, some who probably didn't have a good reason for it" Jane probably trends to the happier end of the spectrum because her disposition and role in the system she was created in (and also physically being unable to feel pain I suppose) means she's been basically inculcated against any real tragedy or pain in life.*

She also doesn't have much varied life experiences outside of the whole assassin and mayhem gig.

Meanwhile others on her team have the whole "my world/I died, and I was responsible" thing going on

*To her current knowledge anyway
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I’m not Captain England. I don’t argue against every rule that is problematic for my choice of build.
    Why are we here?

I’m not Captain England. I don’t argue against every rule that is problematic for my choice of build.
    I don't think it would be unreasonable or in the manner of the guy you reference there for you to be like "Hey, this seems kind of overtuned,"

Being able to get 20 Core HP per attack PLUS 5 Core HP DMG per turn that stacks per consecutive attack PLUS the damage inflicted by the attacks themselves is wild. It is not street legal and definitely not in the game.