Page 164 of 207 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 3091
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Sandy, happy for you to get a post reacting to robot and/or Nemo before we push on.

Also, pleased that Trevor's questions prompted a strong reaction from Kinu hehe.

Like Post, I find music helps to get into the right headspace for writing...most of the time. 3-4 AM, that might take things into strange directions.

Kinu's theme (so far) I by Black Sabbath

In her rare introspective moments, Karate by Babymetal scratches that itch.

In more...anime brain-damaged moments of pathos, Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    To all intents and purposes, he is an ordinary (if fairly physically capable) 13 year old boy. He's clearly grown up doing manual labour, has experience of butchering animals and has knife that was given to him by the dark wizard that sent him here.

The knife has yet to demonstrate any special qualities. He also has a locket around his neck that seems entirely mundane. Also a small pack, contents unknown at this time.

Also, flagging this post for you Gen.
    S O O N !

...I'll try to get a first pass later today, perhaps.

I'm also thinking about disassembling Rolling Death Cradle into 3 mundane slots to give Kinu a launcher of some sort and perhaps something else, we can always work up to Epic techs later - and hopefully with more ENR.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Trying to figure out how to make the response after the response I'm making now (when they respond) make sense/integrate the other character/s into the conversation. Although we are doing a bit of time trickery already.
    Yeah, as much as talking is a free action, I handwave the continuity of conversations. If you want your characters to have words, it shouldn't be too hard to find a moment and chip in.

Speaking for myself I usually won't mind...although uh struggling to catch up at the odd hours I post in this game, I'm trying not to make Kinu's interactions fall into a habit of bing overlong, self-indulgent novellas, so getting into it with another PC is certainly welcome.

One of these days, Nemo and Rae and Ella, I swear.

Also, pleased that Trevor's questions prompted a strong reaction from Kinu hehe.
    She really, really dislikes that sort of wizard, specifically. They're up there as a pain point with ravenous, chimeric dragons.
    Last edited by grampagen; 03-25-2023 at 04:58 AM.

Retired Overlord

Sorry again for lack posting.....ended up crashing my stomach with a Indian food bomb. Seeing if I can catch up today ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Sorry again for lack posting.....ended up crashing my stomach with a Indian food bomb. Seeing if I can catch up today ;_;
    No worries, my intention is to update during Sunday (UK time) so you've got like... 18 hours if you want to get something in.

Retired Overlord

No worries, my intention is to update during Sunday (UK time) so you've got like... 18 hours if you want to get something in.
    Just posted a little something to get things moving

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Just posted a little something to get things moving
    Cool, I will reply to you and Gen when I am less drunk and then will progress us to the next campaign beat.

Jane also tried to tempt the mysterious robot into conversation
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Done a bunch of NPC responses, fudged a few timeline things on certain conversations to make it flow. Currently considering that we've got two primary conversations happening:

Jane and Ella are speaking with the robot.

Nemo has moved from the robot to speak with Trevor. Krys is directly present for that conversation, as the boy is using them as a shield of sorts, Kinu is a little further ahead and while not directly in the conversation, she can likely hear all of this going down.

We've got enough space for some more dialogue before events will start to occur. I have a couple of NPCs to knock up before then so feel free to continue the discussion as you wish for a couple more posts.

Ah, did the robot not respond to Jane’s questions because it doesn’t know those things, or bc it’s waiting for a response from Ella?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Ah, did the robot not respond to Jane’s questions because it doesn’t know those things, or bc it’s waiting for a response from Ella?
    Ah, apologies, was focusing a bit too much on mechanics and Trevor.

Have edited so it replied.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Still some chatting happening, so I think I can squeeze in a response to Trevor and Nemo.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Still some chatting happening, so I think I can squeeze in a response to Trevor and Nemo.
    That's definitely fine. The commotion you're heading toward is still a little ways off, definitely time to round out some conversations.

Robot is waiting for Ella to give it a name as well, so I'm keen to get that locked in.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

That's definitely fine. The commotion you're heading toward is still a little ways off, definitely time to round out some conversations.

Robot is waiting for Ella to give it a name as well, so I'm keen to get that locked in.
    Cool, cool. Trevor is turning out to be quite the interesting NPC.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Cool, cool. Trevor is turning out to be quite the interesting NPC.
    Glad you think so.

He's an interesting mix; inexperienced and very impressionable in some ways but strong-willed and forthright. He's from a rigid culture that brings with it biases and values that are, in this case, anathema to some of the player characters but isn't an inherently malicious person.

This mix makes him a bit of a catalyst for players to be pushed in various directions and challenged in some ways.