Page 114 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3091

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Techniques

BODY

Mundane (10 ENR)

Strong Style [+20 STR] - To put over a rival is divine, but to shoot on them is blessed. STR effect: Grapple on successful attack action. Bread and butter starter to chain into greater things.

Honed (25 ENR)

Squash Match (Persistent Install: 15 ENR Activation,+25 STR. 5 ENR maintain)
    When it comes crashing down and she is reminded of the hurt inside, Kinu eschews all honor and pride - and any respect she had for her opponent.
    STR effects: At current levels (40 + 25 = 65 STR) invoking Squash Match grantes Kinu 40 feet of auto-fling on all regular attacks while it is in effect.

Honed (25 ENR) +Spirit Honed(25 ENR) Cost: 50 ENR

Suplex City (+20 STR/+20 PRE) + With a grab around the waist and a perfect arch in her back, Kinu drops a foe directly on their brainstem to the amazement of many and humiliation to them specifically!
    STR effects: Grapple and Crater;
    PRE effect: Surge (Disrupt +15 ENR for opponent's next actions
    There was a second effect here, it's gone now

Epic (75 ENR)

Rolling Death Cradle (+60 STR): Making the opponent accept defeat is often a matter of making it artful and indubitable. When Kinu closes in range in a one-on-one confrontation, she chooses not to pin...but to death roll.

Prerequisite Must be chained from successful Grapple or Crater or Stun state.

Body Effect: Submission (ATK STR vs STR + (SKI)/2.)

SPIRIT

Mundane (10 ENR)

Kishi Kaisei (起死回生 "Escape Death! Return to Life!) [+20 PRE] Kinu pushes herself to dig deep within, and through passion's sake, for hatred's sake, to keep going, for the heat of battle pushes her beyond her limits!

Effect: Recover +20 Mastered ENR

Spirit Epic (75 ENR) + Body honed (25 ENR) Cost: 100 ENR

Codebreaker: (+60 PRE, +20 SPD): Kinu counters an enemy's attack by catching their face while falling and driving it into her knees. Inspired Counter.

PRE Effects:
    Concuss: Stun: Target is stunned for 1 turn and can take no attack, movement, reaction or defence actions.

MIND

Mundane (10 ENR)

Poison Mist (+20 CHR) A victory earned by any means is still a victory - and more than anything Kinu hates the shame of losing! By summoning the vile energy within her, Kinu spits a toxic spray at an enemy!

Mind Effect: -20 BRA for 1 turn at full effect

Mind Honed (25 ENR) + Spirit Honed (25 ENR) +40 CHR/ +20 PRE Cost: 50 ENR

Pipe Bomb: For all those who step up, they better have something to say and sure as hell better back it up! Kinu, with a surprising level of eloquence, mean-mugs and cuts a promo that tilts the doubters, the detractors, and those discerning that they have something she wants. Used for persuasive haggling or the crushing of self-esteem!

Mind Effects: Ranged Debuff -20 SKI/-20 BRA; Charm (Compel)
    Spirit Effect: Raise ENR costs by +15 in the following turn.
    Not much has changed. Decided to drop SPEAR!!! and redistribute the slots. Effectively I went down one route Nik suggested.

- Suplex City is now Honed STR/Honed PRE, and relegated to one PRE effect
    - Codebreaker is now Epic PRE/Honed SPD. I realize the 100 ENR cost is kinda stupid mechanically, but thinking in terms of drama it'd be in character for her to bust this out as a last spiteful maneuver.
    - Pipe Bomb is now Honed CHR/Honed PRE.

I hope this makes things square in terms of slot numbers, but may need a double check on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Thank you Siriel, i will vet things later today.

First question, are you formally pivoting to Arcadia over Van as your character of choice?
    I'm not sure when exactly we were planning to start, I think I'll finish planning the techniques and decide on Thursday if that's okay. If not I'll try to rush it tomorrow after work and make a decision then.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Not much has changed. Decided to drop SPEAR!!! and redistribute the slots. Effectively I went down one route Nik suggested.

- Suplex City is now Honed STR/Honed PRE, and relegated to one PRE effect
    - Codebreaker is now Epic PRE/Honed SPD. I realize the 100 ENR cost is kinda stupid mechanically, but thinking in terms of drama it'd be in character for her to bust this out as a last spiteful maneuver.
    - Pipe Bomb is now Honed CHR/Honed PRE.

I hope this makes things square in terms of slot numbers, but may need a double check on this one.
    You've overestimated the ENR costs for your Multi-Slot Techniques, you only have to increase costs for additional effects purchased not for the whole slot. Also, some of your point allocations are a little off.

Some corrections:

Body Honed (25 ENR) +Spirit Honed (+10 ENR for additional effect): 35 ENR

Suplex City (+40 STR/+10 PRE) + With a grab around the waist and a perfect arch in her back, Kinu drops a foe directly on their brainstem to the amazement of many and humiliation to them specifically!
    STR effects: Grapple and Crater;
    PRE effect: Surge (Disrupt +15 ENR for opponent's next actions

Spirit Epic (75 ENR) + Body honed (+10 ENR for additional effect) Cost: 85 ENR

Codebreaker: (+60 PRE, +10 SPD): Kinu counters an enemy's attack by catching their face while falling and driving it into her knees. Counter-Technique.

Body Effect: Inspired Counter.
    Spirit Effects: Concuss: Stun: Target is stunned for 1 turn and can take no attack, movement, reaction or defence actions.

Mind Honed (25 ENR) + Spirit Honed (+10 ENR for additional effect) Cost: 35 ENR

Pipe Bomb: (+40 CHR/+10 PRE) For all those who step up, they better have something to say and sure as hell better back it up! Kinu, with a surprising level of eloquence, mean-mugs and cuts a promo that tilts the doubters, the detractors, and those discerning that they have something she wants. Used for persuasive haggling or the crushing of self-esteem!

Mind Effects: Ranged Debuff -20 SKI/-20 BRA; Charm (Compel) <--- You can only have the Behavioural Effect or the Debuff I'm afraid, so you will need to decide which one. (Also the Debuff would be more than -40 because it includes Kinu's base CHR, a more correct split notation would be "Debuff hits on 50% SKI / 50% BRA")
    Spirit Effect: Raise ENR costs by +15 in the following turn.

On that note, small correct on the debuff effects of Poison Mist.

Poison Mist (+20 CHR) A victory earned by any means is still a victory - and more than anything Kinu hates the shame of losing! By summoning the vile energy within her, Kinu spits a toxic spray at an enemy!

Mind Effect: Debuffs [Kinu's CHR + Technique Modifier] in BRA for 1 full turn at full effect (Currently -30 at full effect).

Other than that, all looks good. Will give your slots a once over as well to make sure this all works.

I will also be tweaking the rules around Grapple, which will be a small buff to it to assist in game flow, so keep an eye out for that since Kinu is a grappler.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I'm not sure when exactly we were planning to start, I think I'll finish planning the techniques and decide on Thursday if that's okay. If not I'll try to rush it tomorrow after work and make a decision then.
    I think if you have it done and decision made by Thursday that would be fine. I'm loosely, very loosely mind, thinking of trying to kick off over the weekend.

I'm still focusing on polishing off PCs at the moment and there's a number of small tweaks to the system I need to make and actual behind the curtain systems that I need to build. But, because those are mostly combat focused, it would be feasible for me to get you rolling and then continue work as we go.

I do have a loose couple of ideas of when the first combat encounter could happen, depending on what you do, and we should be able to avoid it for a good bit of time in-game.

Just some initial thoughts for you Siriel:

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Giving It All My Soul
    +10 PRE, +10 EN
    When Arcadia inflicts a Spirit Effect on a target, she can propagate it to a number of targets equal to her level. (This one may need some rephrasing; Nik okay'd the concept but I'm not sure if this is mechanically sound wording.)
    I'd tweak the wording to "she can propagate it to a number of targets equal to her level within 10% of her Range stat," just to limit her a little in terms of how wide scope her abilities are.

Epic Precision Technique: Time, Halt Thee Not, For All Is Fair. (Persistent)
    Cost: 10 Mastered ENR, 10 Mastered ENR per turn after the first, +15 to Mastered ENR cost of other Techniques after the first turn
    +25 PRE, +25 SKI
    Effect: Greater Efficiency - Asceticism
    All good, though lol what a concept this is haha. I am aware that Arcadia is going to require some rather specific opponents for me to put pressure on her. But that's the role of a glass cannon style build.

Dual-Epic Precision Technique Slot: How Glorious Is Life
    Cost: 95 Mastered ENR
    +75 PRE/+15 AGI (+60 PRE from Slot 1, +15/+15 from Slot 2)
    Effect Slot 1: Heals based on PRE + Epic Technique
    Effect Slot 2: Greater Awakening - Zen
    Couple of tweaks needed here.

> You can't have a single stat boosted by two slots so the maximum boost to PRE you can have is +60
    > AGI is a Body Affinity Stat while PRE is a Spirit Affinity Stat so a single slot couldn't boost both. You would need with a Body Slot of whatever level or lose the AGI boost for a Spirit Affinity Stat (PRE/SKI/RES)
    > If this is intended to be a Spirit Slot, I assume that one of your Epic Slots was presumably made by combining 2 of your Honed Spirit Slots? If it's meant to be Body then, depending on how you allocate everything else, you might have overused your slots. Let me know.
    > Restoration doesn't count as a status effect, that's just what the Technique does, so you could have an additional Effect if you want on top of the Zen. Also, you need to clarify if this is Mastered ENR restoration or HP.

Epic Mind Technique Slot: Tell Me Of The Past, My Future
    +20 CHR, +20 BRA <Area of Effect>
    Cost: 75 Mastered ENR
    Effect: Epic Disinterest - Forget
    Fine.

Epic Spirit Techniques Slot: Tell Me Of The Present, My Self
    +75 SKI
    Cost: 40 Mastered ENR
    Effect: Greater Spiritual Resilience - Purify
    Boost and cost look wrong on this. You would add +60 SKI and it would cost 75 ENR to fire.

Honed Body Technique Slot: Tell Me Of The Future, My Past
    +40 DUR
    Cost: 25 ENR
    Effect: Withstand
    Fine.

Honed Spirit Technique Slot: Such Is Eternity
    +40 PRE
    Cost: 25 Mastered ENR
    Effect: Restores (PRE+40) (-25 for technique cost) Mastered ENR.
    Also fine. You could have a Lesser Defensive Effect on this if you wanted.

Honed Mind Technique Slot: But Specks Of Dust (Counter)
    +40 CHR
    Effect: Honed Fear - Frighten
    Oooh, a counter Mind Technique, fancy! ^_^ All good.

Honed Spirit Technique Slot: All Is Meant To Be
    +30 SKI, <RANGED>
    Effect: Greater Concuss - Stun
    You can't have a Greater Effect on a Honed Technique. This would need to be downgraded to Dizzy based on the current build.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-31-2023 at 04:12 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Extra Technique action, something for me to consider at a later date.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Amusingly, Arcadia's background is very similar to Krys's: Seeing all of time (as it is understood), exultation, and a fall from that grace into something far lesser and potentially 'broken'.

I see the combat application: 1 technique spent every round regaining 95 Energy, could then use 1 technique for attacking with 110 SKI and 120 PRE damage plus any other technique without actually losing any ENE. In more serious situations, activate persistent technique, and we're talking about 135 SKI/145 PRE round over round without any concern of Energy.

Impressive.

For counters, we have a Healing/Counter slot that gives greater awakening and a truly massive bonus for PRE, so counters will be equally potent. ^_^

Edit: Clearly the smart way to go for countering/PRE damage is crap-tons of PRE to boost ENE recovery, then BOOST SKI using techniques. Super-efficient, super-potent. Sadly, I went the other way, but I'm addicted to characters with raw skill. ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-31-2023 at 05:03 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I really like this one. ^_^ Getting a stun on the other character...maaaan, this could really upset things. They are stunned, lose defensive actions...ugh, the potentials are pretty ugly against someone like Kinu, who has a fair chunk of base damage, and can follow up on a stunned opponent with stuff like Cratering attacks and so forth.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Amusingly, Arcadia's background is very similar to Krys's: Seeing all of time (as it is understood), exultation, and a fall from that grace into something far lesser and potentially 'broken'.

I see the combat application: 1 technique spent every round regaining 95 Energy, could then use 1 technique for attacking with 125 SKI and 120 PRE damage plus any other technique without actually losing any ENE. In more serious situations, activate persistant technique, and we're talking about 150 SKI/145 PRE round over round without any concern of Energy.

Impressive.

For counters, we have a Healing/Counter slot that gives greater awakening and a truly massive bonus for PRE, so counters will be equally potent. ^_^
    Arcadia is a bit of a stress test on the system, I'll admit. Primarily on the way the energy economy works. I have some thoughts about system limitations on how to mitigate that a bit (something in the vein of; 1 Epic per turn or No Recovery when a Persistent is active/ENR recovery is not possible an offensive Technique is used in the same turn first - still thinking about it).

But, the absence of viable test characters who actively **** with the energy economy means it's not been in an issue in playtesting so far. Arcadia is not dissimilar to what Cross represented but slightly different weaknesses. Cross was effectively an artillery cannon that could mass heal everyone, Arcadia is more self-sufficient and a bit more mobile.

If she can get her **** properly rolling then she's a bit of a problem™ but her lack of RAC, mostly mediocre defensive options, low HP and low BRA scores mean I have a lot of ways to get at her.

Points on those. I missed that Zen isn't the counter thing, but yet another technique action. The low durability thing is somewhat mitigated by a honed/withstand durability tech (I have the exact same one, myself, it's a good setup), but low RAC coupled with low BRA (will not be acting first) IS a problem.

Disinterest: Forget might help with that. ^_^

Character is more of a PRE-Attacker than Counterer, clearly. But whooo, that's a lot of PRE damage.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    The low durability thing is somewhat mitigated by a honed/withstand durability tech (I have the exact same one, myself, it's a good setup)
    Withstand does help to some degree but she's already very slow and Withstand makes her movement even worse.

And, more critically, it also halves her damage inflicted so all that attack power suddenly is a lot less effective while she's trying to defend.

On the face of it; +40 DUR in exchange for like... a maximum of -55 DMG is a bit of a wild trade-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Withstand does help to some degree but she's already very slow and Withstand makes her movement even worse.

And, more critically, it also halves her damage inflicted so all that attack power suddenly is a lot less effective while she's trying to defend.

On the face of it; +40 DUR in exchange for like... a maximum of -55 DMG is a bit of a wild trade-off.
    Point. I had forgotten about that.

I think I only took that for circumstances where someone really got their mitts on Krys and were starting to Crater-Fling kind of stuff. It's a bit of an expensive tech (HONED) just to ensure Krys doesn't get insta-crushed by a grappler, but worth it, I feel.

...also for area attacks.
    Why are we here?

Okay, so if Krys slaps down "Consistency Is The Only Real Magic" at the start of a fight, I'm looking at (with stacks appropriately placed) having a PRE of 74 for the next six turns.

That's solid, I like it. Thanks, Nik.
    Why are we here?

Ended up looking at my stats again because something was bothering me.

I think I might have calculated something wrong and been operating under a 10 point deficit in stat expenditure for an unknown amount of time. Unless I'm just calculating something wrong now? Or I just found a notably better way to distribute stats using the Syncing traits. Either way I need to look at this again
    Last edited by Postmania; 01-31-2023 at 10:12 AM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Ended up looking at my stats again because something was bothering me.

I think I might have calculated something wrong and been operating under a 10 point deficit in stat expenditure for an unknown amount of time. Unless I'm just calculating something wrong now? Or I just found a notably better way to distribute stats using the Syncing traits. Either way I need to look at this again
    Well, your character sheet only has totals and not your BUILD, TRAIT, SYNC allocations so I can't check for you.

Add those back and I can run it through the sheet and check you.