Page 118 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 3091
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Every time
    Okay, then.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Redesigned part of the combat engine behind the curtain so I have to focus less on remembering things when processing combat encounters.

Hoping to get Sirel and Sandy over the line with their characters before posting the game thread because it would otherwise just be Sharp and Post for a while.

Might just have to say **** it and bite the bullet and we can just roll with it and have incomplete characters (who are being worked on while the game is in motion).

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I'll be honest, one thing that's becoming clear to me from your comments and every time I try to make a change to a character is that clearly something in the system isn't clicking into place in my mind, which I find confusing since I'm usually pretty good about this stuff and I've tried to read it a few times over.

I'm leaning toward sticking to Ván right now since it'd be simpler for both of us and she's more of a complete character where Arcadia was more of an experiment, even if one whose concept I like. Feels like I might regret trying to force playing Arcadia when I don't quite grasp the system properly.
    Is this you confirming that you are playing as Van or are you still mulling it over?

Not tonight, I'm guessing.

I'm pretty busy tomorrow during the day, so I might start a little more slowly. After that (assuming we start tomorrow), I should be good.

Hoping to get Sirel and Sandy over the line with their characters before posting the game thread because it would otherwise just be Sharp and Post for a while.
    I'm pretty sure Post and I can do some RP as we wait for the others, unless you planned to drop us right into a battle at the start. ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 02-05-2023 at 07:29 PM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Retired Overlord

Basically just down to one tech I need to figure out and juggling ideas, So relatively done

Is this you confirming that you are playing as Van or are you still mulling it over?
    I was confirming I'm playing as Van, sorry that it was unclear.
    Last edited by Siriel; 02-06-2023 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Basically just down to one tech I need to figure out and juggling ideas, So relatively done
    Okay, let me know if you need any help.

I do note that your first Trait still Technically doesn't do anything mechanically, it's just flavour text about how 0 HP works for her. I can't recall if we confirmed that or not. I'm happy to let you rock either way, it's a small amount of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I was confirming I'm playing as Van, sorry that it was unclear.
    Thanks for confirming. Her profile currently only has like two techniques on it. If you're using the stuff I designed, please add or link to them. If you're coming up with your own stuff, let me know.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 02-06-2023 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Not tonight, I'm guessing.

I'm pretty busy tomorrow during the day, so I might start a little more slowly. After that (assuming we start tomorrow), I should be good.

I'm pretty sure Post and I can do some RP as we wait for the others, unless you planned to drop us right into a battle at the start. ^_^
    Yeah, no immediate combat. Will likely post game thread this evening, doesn't hurt to get it rolling. It's possible that you could get into some swift combat early on but I figure we've got a good bit of time depending on post rate before that happens.

I have reworked the cast list on the first page to indicate who is cleared for game entry and who isn't.

This is mostly for my reference.

Too soon to say *legitimately* but I do think the team we're getting right now is at a good composition.

Van- Tank/Big Damage (when done)
    Krys - Counter/Off Tank/Weird Universe stuff?
    Jane - Long Range Sniper/Status Effect planter who can also restore ENR and potentially throw some light buffs on people if she remembers there is no I in team
    Ella- Support/Stealth/Healing/Tricks
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Krys - Counter/Off Tank/Weird Universe stuff?
    'Weird Universe stuff', hee hee hee.

I would more place myself as 'Annoyance', and add 'Social Abilities'. I realize that this is primarily a fighting-type game, but Krys has skills for social stuff, maybe-determining a good course of action, that kind of thing. ^_^ Weird universe stuff indeed.

Krys - Annoyance/Social Skills/GM Info-Drop Point.
    Why are we here?

But the assessment of the starting group is good, nice Post.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    'Weird Universe stuff', hee hee hee.

I would more place myself as 'Annoyance', and add 'Social Abilities'. I realize that this is primarily a fighting-type game, but Krys has skills for social stuff, maybe-determining a good course of action, that kind of thing. ^_^ Weird universe stuff indeed.

Krys - Annoyance/Social Skills/GM Info-Drop Point.
    Ah right, there are real social stats in this game. I was being a Jane and forgot.
    -Stephen McCranie

Alright. **** it. It's been four months of development, that's far more than Rumbles RPGs get and I tire of waiting for everything to be perfect.

Assembling the game thread now. Opening post will have some requirements for what your entry will cover.

Sharpandpointies, Postmania, MrSandman and Siriel you will be on the initial insertion.

Beadle, Cthulhu, grampagen, KingofPie and, maybe, Miburo you will be inserted into the narrative when your characters are complete.

Anyhow...

I think I'm in, now. Lots of editing, adding stuff.
    Why are we here?

Interesting. I had a long cold-open style post typed up for my intro, but now that I'm seeing the way it's supposed to open in game I'm wondering if I should really put *all* that detail in since the focus of the game opening is really going towards "now you're here". Might deconstruct it a bit/a bunch to better focus on the aspect of confusion the intro is going for.
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Interesting. I had a long cold-open style post typed up for my intro, but now that I'm seeing the way it's supposed to open in game I'm wondering if I should really put *all* that detail in since the focus of the game opening is really going towards "now you're here". Might deconstruct it a bit/a bunch to better focus on the aspect of confusion the intro is going for.
    Maaan, more information the better.

I admit, mine was MOSTLY finished due to bugging Nik for as much details as I could about where we'd end up and so forth. I didn't get everything out of him, but I got a little, and it was enough to give me a head start.
    Why are we here?