Page 7 of 207 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Still sick, checking in, excuse slightly limited brainpower.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Name: Alice

Traits
    Cyberdoll Nature
    "Untethered from its shell, the subjects soul is reinforced during the bonding process with the target object to reduce to the possibility of it slipping away. An animated object and a soul and want to separate by nature, after all....and the Great Beyond is too great a mercy for one such as this."

Stat 1 - BRA +10
    Stat 2 - DUR +10
    Effect: Rounds RAC result up to the next whole number regardless of formula result

Soul Hacking
    "The Soul is Data, An algorithm. Born of a system more complex then we may ever realize....and yet like data, even a child can learn how to manipulate it with the push of a button."

Stat 1 - CHR +10
    Stat 2 - RES +10
    Effect: -10 to enemy resistance against CHR based attacks.

Puppetmaster
    "A puppet must always have a puppetmaster, through the roles are not so easily determined at first glance. A doll in anyone elese hands is but a toy, but in the hands a god...what meaning can be found?"

Stat 1 - SPD + 10
    Stat 2 - AGI + 10
    Effect: Generates a Hard Light Projection of a "puppeteer" to carry Alice. Physically frail but any form can be used.
    You have three Traits here, you are only able to have two at first level. As such you'll have to drop one set of Trait points from your overall build so your stats will change as a result.

STAT SKELETON
    Physical Block
    HP: 52
    Effective MAX Life: 52 + 270 = 322

STR: 10 base + 0 + 0 + 0 = 10
    AGI: 10 base + 0 + 10 + 0 = 20
    SPD: 10 base + 0 + 10 + 2 = 22
    DUR: 10 base + 0 + 10 + 0 = 20
    RES: 10 base + 0 + 10 + 2 = 22

Mental Block
    BRA: 10 base + 50 + 10 + 2 = 62
    PRE: 10 base + 0 + 0 + 0 = 10
    CHR: 10 base + 65 + 10 + 12 = 97

Esoteric Block
    SKI: 40 base + 20 + 15 = 75
    ENR: 10 base [100 ENR] + 15(150 ENR) + 0 + 2(20 ENR) = 27 (270 ENR)
    RUM: 3
    RAC: 3(See Cyberdoll Nature)
    Maths almost all correct, albeit with one set of Trait points needing to be removed. Also you didn't list the Trait number for ENR (0) which threw me for a second. Also, if you keep the Trait that rounds your RAC to the nearest round number, your RAC score is 2.88 currently which would round up to 3 effective actions.

TECHNIQUES
    Nothing to see here!
    Honed Counter Technique
    The Secret Technique of the Godwin Line, Practiced through the ages and now mastered in her new form. Alice assumes the posture, attributes and general lifelessness of your typical childrens toy when under excessive threat. Any enemy targeting her will spontaneously lose interest/assume she died/pass by in utter disgust and move to a new target. All potential enemies will ignore her in this state until it ends.
    [+40 CHR]
    I like this concept but this isn't how a Counter technique works. Counter techniques are deployable on hit, as in the attack has already come, you have passed the RAC check and burnt a point to allow for a Counter tech to be activated. Since she's already been targeted, this isn't that useful. I would recommend making it an at will technique that you can deploy on your turn and thus attempt to take no attacks that phase.

Aggravating Attitude
    Mundane Technique
    By unleashing the full annoyance of her personality, Alice can cause a single target to focus upon her while reducing their resistance to her effects as they rage against her.
    [+20 RES]
    Again, good concept. However, for an effect on an enemy, you would have to have component that actually hits. Currently there is a defensive buff but it doesn't have a hitting component to compel the target to go after her. Unfortunately, you cannot split Mundane Techniques between two stats so you'd need to upgrade this to Honed to make it work. If you don't have the SKI allocation to do that and don't want to change your current techniques, you either have the defensive buff or the CHR attack to make them target her.

Cyber Goddess Authority
    Epic Debuff Technique
    Performs Advanced Soul Hacking to strike a target or a group with Spiritual debuffs that drop their Physical and Mental Stats.
    [+30 CHR, +30 BRA]
    [-60 to Physical/Mental Block Stats vs Single Target, -30 Vs Multiple]
    This reads as a blanket debuff across all stats except Esoteric, which is a bit too potent. You would need to specify which stats you want to effect and you could either have a -60 to one stat or -30 to two. If you multicast, that would drop to -30 and -15 respectively.

Overall, seems like a fun character, very glad someone is exploring status effects as I think they will be a very useful part of overall team composition.

Retired Overlord

You have three Traits here, you are only able to have two at first level. As such you'll have to drop one set of Trait points from your overall build so your stats will change as a result.
    And here we have my first brain fart. The way I read it made me believe it was a trait for every 20 points in SKI....in hindsight I should have totally seen where that was weird. I'll remove one now and save it for later.

Maths almost all correct, albeit with one set of Trait points needing to be removed. Also you didn't list the Trait number for ENR (0) which threw me for a second. Also, if you keep the Trait that rounds your RAC to the nearest round number, your RAC score is 2.88 currently which would round up to 3 effective actions.
    Ahhh, I screwed up the math on that. I'll make a note of it. Though I was getting 2.68.....which still makes it 3 I suppose.

I like this concept but this isn't how a Counter technique works. Counter techniques are deployable on hit, as in the attack has already come, you have passed the RAC check and burnt a point to allow for a Counter tech to be activated. Since she's already been targeted, this isn't that useful. I would recommend making it an at will technique that you can deploy on your turn and thus attempt to take no attacks that phase.
    That is a very good point. I'm still figuring out the system including that of the way counters work....basically the idea being she sees the attack coming and pulls a possum in response, hence thinking it as a counter. I'll switch it over to a regular skill.

Again, good concept. However, for an effect on an enemy, you would have to have component that actually hits. Currently there is a defensive buff but it doesn't have a hitting component to compel the target to go after her. Unfortunately, you cannot split Mundane Techniques between two stats so you'd need to upgrade this to Honed to make it work. If you don't have the SKI allocation to do that and don't want to change your current techniques, you either have the defensive buff or the CHR attack to make them target her.
    Ahhh...makes sense. Then making it the latter seems the best option. Will we be able to upgrade skills to higher teirs in the future?

This reads as a blanket debuff across all stats except Esoteric, which is a bit too potent. You would need to specify which stats you want to effect and you could either have a -60 to one stat or -30 to two. If you multicast, that would drop to -30 and -15 respectively.
    Ahhh gotcha. Would reducing it to only one specific block of stats work or is that also a bit over the top? (Hitting Strength, mental or esoteric individually)

If that's too strong then I can lower it down to a single stat with the parameters you mentioned and make some adjustments to how it works.

Overall, seems like a fun character, very glad someone is exploring status effects as I think they will be a very useful part of overall team composition.
    Yeah, I'm aiming for the debuffing little manipulator niche that needs more representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Happy to answer any queries about Traits you might have, what's the trouble?

Corrections listed underlined in the above quotation section. I can see that you've also used Sync Points and Base Points towards your total Sync bonuses which isn't correct so I've adjusted those values. Only Build and Trait points are counted for the sync. Also, your ENR score is multiplied by 10 per point to give your ENR value and that is added to your HP for your effective maximum.
    Thanks for the corrections, I'll apply the fix once i get to a proper keyboard.

Regarding the traits, I suppose I might need you to walk me through the examples? Mechanically, the skill requirements and stat distribution make sense, so I suppose it's where they intersect with build and sync points for the overall stat spread that's beyond my sleep deprived, number averse understanding.

At a glance they seem to inform things that would be equivalent to passive bonuses, like wings for flying characters and so forth?

EDIT: It seems I may have been overthinking it, as I understand it, seems to work as a sort of character-specific buff, using 20 skill points per Trait to redistribute.

...if it's not, imma try it anyway and correct me in the revision lol
    Last edited by grampagen; 10-06-2022 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Name: Arxiros "Arx" Irosaan
    Race: 'Chimera'
    Gender/Pronouns: She/Her
    Physical Description:

Standing at approximately 196cm, and weighing in at around at 110kg; she is an... Imposing... figure. Add in the decidedly draconid features- claws, tail, scales, and two horns, one broken off at the tip- and she looks more like some manner of monster. Her scales are a blend of blacks, and oranges, with flecks of gold, and cover roughtly 40% of her body (to be detailed with visuals at a later date). Her horns are solid black.

She also has what looks to be a heavy shackle around her neck, with a broken chain hanging from it.

Homeworld/land: "Doesn't matter now... Nobod- nothing... left worth eating..."

Bio: "I got caught off-guard... Rrrrr... So hungry...

Want: I'm so... Hungry...

Traits/Proficiencies:

Níðhöggr's Ouroboros (DUR +10, RES +10) - "While gnawed at from the inside out, the Dragon eats its own tail..." - Arxiros is capable of converting various organic and non-organic materials into 'fuel' for her body, independent from normal means of nourishment. Should she not perform this conversion at least once per day, she begins to suffer a multiplicative withering effect equal to (-5xN(N=number of days) in HP until she runs out of available health, killing her.

Aspects of the Dragon (STR +10, DUR +10) - "It's pretty obvious... isn't it?" - Arx is a Dragon... sort of. As such she shares many of their characteristics. Meaning she possesses things like claws, horns, scales. A tail... Yanno, Dragon stuff.

STATS

Physical Block

HP: 58 + 58 + 40 = 156
    Effective MAX Life: 156 + 180 = 336

STR: 10 + 20 + 10 + 8 = 58
    AGI: 10 + 10 + 0 + 14 = 34
    SPD: 10 + 10 + 0 + 6 = 26
    DUR: 10 + 10 + 20 + 8 = 58
    RES: 10 + 40 + 10 + 0 = 40

Mental Block

BRA: 10 + 20+ 0 + 2 = 32
    PRE: 10 + 40 + 0 + 0 = 50
    CHR: 10 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 10

Esoteric Block

SKI: 40 + 0 + 0 = 40
    ENR: 10 [100 ENR] + 0 + 8 = 18 [18 ENR]
    RAC: 1+([32] + [26])/50 = 2

Techniques
    Profile updated. Lemme know if I goof'd the stats/traits.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 10-06-2022 at 03:15 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

…Krys will hide behind Arx, I suspect.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    …Krys will hide behind Arx, I suspect.
    Most things will, I feel.

Which is the idea.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Character Swap Out! https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post6215796

Hopefully I got a better grasp on the system this time. It clicked to me that the system is essentially geared to creating fighting game style characters, or at least it seems that way, which makes sense since the theme of the game is Rumbling. As such, despite spending a few hours putting it together, she still might not be a good fit; I had intended to flesh out the stats more, but my goal was to make a character with versatility over raw power, so I still ended up dumping most of the XP into Energy and Skills. Unfortunately I had to severely cripple down her options and potency due to the limits on Traits and Skills, but it was an interesting exercise trying to figure out a way to fit her into the system. As it is, I'm probably pushing it a lot having effectively a dual-character, but consider it another stress-test on the system.

I am trepidations in using her for a few reasons, but we'll see how I feel about it as things go.

Thoughts on the system from someone who hasn't seriously looked at the crunch of games in over ten years: it took me a bit to figure out traits, but I think I got it now. Overall, the system works, but personally, I think the Synch modifiers are step farther than necessary. I suppose it doesn't complicate it that much, but I also feel it adds an extra finnicky step that doesn't really need to be there. I'm not saying you should change it, but in the next edition of the rules, I don't know that I'd mess with it, rather than using something else for adding that extra bit of modifier. Take what I say with a tablespoon of salt, though.

I wanna rassle too! I wanna rassle too! ...WIP

Name: Rey Bestia
    Race: The Human Race
    Gender/Pronouns: He/Him
    Physical Description:
    6'3 221 pounds. He has a muscular yet agile build. Constantly wears robes and various wild-cat themed masks. Also sports wrestling boots and trunks.
    Homeworld/land: Earth- (Mexico, Dominican Republic)
    Bio: Growing up poor with a mix of Mexican and Dominican parents, Rey's time on Earth was spent trying to ensure no others grew up like he did and thus he rose to try and become a hero by becoming a luchador. A masked wrestler who would one day gain great fame and wealth to support children growing in poverty. Eventually he was able to make contact with every orphanage in the world and become a patron. But to support them all he would need great amounts of money and thus to do this he would have to become the strongest wrestler in the world. He me many rivals, and though many were honorable, many were also evil. Evil enough to try and disrupt his plan to support every orphanage in the world, and that caused him to swell with rage.

Enough rage that his style, while still agile and acrobatic became much more like that of a vicious brawler without as much finesse. Thus ignited the ANGER OF BEAST. A name which would also fall upon his new finisher. The more enemies he faced, the longer the match, the more his anger grew. And even then it wasn't enough. One day, during a special event, a two hour long match, the ANGER OF BEAST reached new heights and shot him and his opponent, a remorseless rudo, into the multiverse. It was then, Rey Bestia learned that many Earths, many worlds too have orphanages and poor people that could use financial support. It was then he knew that he had an insurmountable task before him. It enraged him, igniting the ANGER OF BEAST once more. It would not be enough for him to be the strongest wrestler on Earth. He would have to become the strongest wrestler of all time and space. He would need to hone his techniques. Make his will like a thing unto iron. The beast would become the best...
    Want: To be the strongest wrestler in the multiverse and thus gain enough riches to support the poor for eternity. To master and control the ANGER OF BEAST before it controls him.
    Traits/Proficiencies:

Trait Examples:

Match Buildup [20 SKI]
    Stat 1 - STR + 10
    Stat 2 - CHR + 10
    Effect: Every turn spent showboating or taunting during a fight builds up Rey's ENR by +10

Lucha! Lucha! Lucha![20 SKI]
    Stat 1 - AGI + 10
    Stat 2 - SPD + 10
    Effect: A successful dodge every other turn allows Rey a free counter attack

STAT SKELETON
    INITIAL XP: 150

Vitality Block
    Core HP: 168
    Max HP 248

XP: 150

Offensive Block
    STR: 10 BASE + 45 + 10 = 65
    PRE: 10 BASE + 0 + 0 = 10
    CHR: 10 BASE + 15 + 10 = 35

Defensive Block
    DUR: 10 BASE + 0 + 10 + 11 = 31
    RES: 10 BASE + 0 + 0 + 2 = 12
    AGI: 10 BASE + 20 + 10 + 0 = 40

Hit Block
    BRA: 10 BASE + 20 + 0 + 6 = 36
    SPD: 10 BASE + 20 + 10 + 6 = 46
    SKI: 10 BASE + 20 + 0 + 5 = 35

Energy Matrix Block
    ENR: 10 BASE + 0 + 0 + 0 = 10
    ENR VALUE 100
    Latent ENR: 80
    Mastered ENR: 20
    Stack: 0

Movement and Action Block
    RAC: 2.64 so 2 active RAC points
    Movement: 112 feet per round
    ATK Actions: 1
    Technique Actions: 1
    Range: 10

Affinity Allocation
    This section how many Techniques your character has and how their higher natural Technique abilities are allocated. You can points in each Affinity based on the below methodology to come up with how many Technique Slots of each level you initially can have.

Free: 10 Mundane Slots
    Body: 2 Honed Slots, 1 Epic Slot [Damage Resistance: 25%]
    Spirit: 1 Honed Slot [Damage Resistance: 9.38%]
    Mind: 1 Honed Slot, 1 Epic slot [Damage Resistance: 15.63%]

Techniques

ANGER OF BEAST Has 3 levels for Mundane, Honed, and Epic

Rey Bestia's finishing move wherein he flips the opponent into the air, leaps onto their back to ride like a surfboard, cranking their arms as he guides their body to collide head-first with nearest most solid object.

Last edited by KingofPie; 01-13-2023 at 05:36 PM.

I'll work on the character stuff as soon as I can be sure she is at least mechanically sound. Here's the revision from what I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Traits/Proficiencies:

1) Issen (一閃 "Fatal Flash") - [20 SKI]

Stat 1 - 10 CHR
    Stat 2 - 10 PRE

Effect: By tapping into Issen, colloquially known as the Hype Generator through sheer force of will, Kinu regenerates +5 ENR during combat phases or scenarios to continue to test her mettle!

2) Squared Circle - [20 SKI]

Stat 1 - 15 AGL
    Stat 2 - 5 SPD

Effect: If Kinu thinks the environment is a suitable arena, by some strange quirk of will, it will gain properties to behave in that fashion to facilitate her movement with a +15 AGL check among any terrain!

INITIAL XP: 150

Physical Block

HP: Derived from STR 42 + DUR 41 + RES 25 = 111**

Effective MAX Life: HP 111 + ENR 170 = 281**

STR: 10 base + (BUILD 32) + (TRAIT ) + (SYNC) = TOTAL STAT 42

AGI: 10 base + (BUILD 10) + (TRAIT 15) + (SYNC PRE = 3) = TOTAL STAT 38

SPD: 10 base + (BUILD 20) + (TRAIT 5) + (SYNC AGI = 2) = TOTAL STAT 37

DUR: 10 base + (BUILD 25) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC STR = 6) = TOTAL STAT 41

RES: 10 base + (BUILD 10) + (TRAIT ) + (SYNC DUR= 5) = TOTAL STAT 25

Mental Block

BRA: 10 base + (BUILD) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC SPD = 4) = TOTAL STAT 14

PRE: 10 base + (BUILD 15) + (TRAIT 10) + (SYNC AGI= 2) = TOTAL STAT 37

CHR: 10 base + (BUILD 15) + (TRAIT 10) + (SYNC BRA ) = TOTAL STAT 35

Esoteric Block

SKI: 40 base + (BUILD 18) + (TRAIT ) + (SYNC CHR = 3) = TOTAL STAT 61

ENR: 10 base [100 ENR] + (BUILD 5) + (SYNC RES = 2) = TOTAL STAT 17 x 10 = [170]

RAC: Defined by the formula 1+([BRA TOTAL = 14] + [SPD TOTAL = 37]) 51/50 = 2 active Reaction per combat phase

Techniques

Mundane (10 ENR)

10 Strong Style [+20 STR] - To put over a rival is divine, but to shoot on them is blessed. Kinu strikes or grapples with the opponent for one turn.

10 Poison Mist (+20 CHR) A victory earned by any means is still a victory - and more than anything Kinu hates the shame of losing! By summoning the vile energy within her, Kinu sprays a toxic mist that poisons an enemy (unsure what stat this effects)

Honed (25 ENR)

20 Shoot Match (Persistent Install, 15 ENR Activation, 5 ENR maintain, +25 STR) When it comes crashing down and she is reminded of the hurt inside, Kinu eschews all honor and pride - and any respect she had for her opponent.

20 Suplex City (+20 STR +20 PRE) With a grab around the waist and a perfect arch in her back, Kinu drops a foe directly on their brainstem to the amazement of many and humiliation to them specifically, causing discombobulation and debuffs (unsure what stat this effects).
    I...think the stats check out, but please review.

Not sure if bog-standard actions like strikes need a specific tech slot, but in the interest of mechanical fairness, they will take a Mundane slot for now.

EDIT: Latest build. I think it's viable, if spread a little thin - I really wanted to push for those 2 RAC turns, lol - but let's make sure the numbers are correct first.
    Last edited by grampagen; 10-08-2022 at 02:46 AM.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

I think this is a bit out of my range right now so I must bow out for now. I will be following this though and hopefully get a better sense of things as it progresses.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Still sick and away this weekend. Will assess all new stuff either Sunday or Monday.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Still sick and away this weekend. Will assess all new stuff either Sunday or Monday.
    Take your time and feel better.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Hmm, I might throw a character in. I’ll claim this post and see if I can work something up over the weekend.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Default Wip

HADRON OHMS
    Technoknight of the Neon Dawn
    Seeker of Solara

Name: Hadron Ohms
    Race: Human (Mutant Cyborg)
    Gender/Pronouns: He/Him

Physical Description:
    Not many people of the common class live to be 342 years old in Neo Babylon and there have been several times in Hadron's life where he might not have been that exception. Time and toil have wrought havoc on him, with the latter leaving him to be patched together with cybernetics. He might have been handsome once, but it's hard to tell now, as a majority is now encased in a a clear exoskull of plastisteel, leaving little to hide of the injuries that have left the left half of his face and nearly the entity of his lower jaw a living mesh of muscle, metal, wires, and bone. Unsurprisingly, the left eye was not spared, it's empty socket now filled with a red LED optic. The remainder of his face has faired little better, his skin resembling worn leather in color and condition, the numerous creases around his only eye suggesting a lifetime of glaring. Thinning long hair of salt and pepper, limp and stringy, crown his head, doing little to hide the mass of wire bundles trailing out from the exoskull and while he might have sported facial long ago, there simply isn't enough flesh left to grow any.

Much like his face, there is little left of his armor to denote his once noble occupation. Pieces of it have been sewn into his patchwork coat and fatigues, leaving only the weathered breast plate the only truly intact portion, the neon lit signet of his order glowing dimly as if in sympathy of its wearer's weary. Beneath these garments lie more cybernetics, terminating in both left limbs of plastisteel prostheses that have very little organic matter to show beneath the clear exolimbs.

Equipment:
    Runasad-Min, the GigaByte
    The surest way one can differentiate a technoknight from one order to another is by their armaments. Those of the Neon Dawn wield Laser weaponry, grasping the light as if it were a solid. Hadron's own weapon resembles the ancient pistols of old, as the handguard takes the form of a six-chambered cyclinder with a hammer on its spine and a larger trigger on its hill. Each chamber contains a program that transform the weapon into different configurations; five of them forming various medieval weaponry (a sword, spear, bow, flail, and hammer) while the sixth has been damaged, causing it to glitch out and overload one of the other five, resulting in more power at a higher risk.

Proxy Server, Faith's Bulwark
    A knightly shield to protect, this device normally appears to be a square of weathered black metal magnetically attached to the back of his left hand. With a command however, the square can detach bits and pieces of itself, creating a protective barrier of giga of numerous and various sizes and shapes to suit his needs.

Homeworld:
    Asimov, that is what they once called this world. Known only by the scraps of data and information salvaged from the wastelands surrounding the city, what has been collected paints a cautionary tale of corporate greed, environmental exploitation, and military conflict that brought a perpetual nuclear night to the planet. The skies are constantly choked with black clouds of pollution and ash, bringing forth constant showers of acid rain. Cybernetic beasts roam the wasteland, their A.I. corrupted to the point where they consider all of humanity their enemy. Mankind has survived within its domed mega-cities, although communication between them has declined to the point where we can only wonder if our city is the only one left. Powered by Giga, a miraculous source of energy of seemingly infinite supply and potential, the people live on in the technological husks of their species' former glory, now little more than glided bird cages. It was in the largest of these mega-cities, Neo Babylon, that Hadron once lived, bathed beneath its neon glow.

Solara, was once one of many. The pantheon of Asimov's divinity was numerous, but like many things of our past, has been lost to waste. It is unknown whether she stood at its zenith or was just some minor bit-player, but as the only one we knew now, she was our everything. Goddess of the first sun, her light was what once gave life to this world, but now her rays fail to pierce the veil of clouds humanity had brought upon themselves. One scrap of mythos we had obtained mentioned a sort of end times, with Solara's role being she who faced the void dragon as the finale. Left without an ending, those aware of this data have speculated wildly on what this could mean and perhaps how it could be applied to our situation.

The Technoknights have existed as far back in Asimov's history that has been uncovered. A product of humanity's technological golden age, the technoknights were designed to fight an unknown foe and served as guardians to the populace; a purpose they fulfilled even until now, albeit in differing capacities. It was only after the End that the Orders were formed, as the technoknights shouldered the burden of a population lacking in both numbers and power. Hadron's own order, that of the Neon Dawn, specialized in guarding and venturing beyond the outer protective dome, seeking out valuable data, ancient technology to salvage, or to hunt down any particular troublesome cyberbeasts. Despite their noble origins, a troubling majority of the orders have become corrupted, acting as the bodyguards and attack dogs of the elites who bought them out.

Background:
    [ENTER PASSWORD]

Want:
    Find the Goddess Solara

TRAITS

Trait 1) Unfettered Chivalry
    Stats: [20 SKI (DUR +10 / RES +10)]
    Effect: A heart of gold beneath wire and steel. When defending those other than himself, Hadron gains a defensive bonus against the enemy's attack.

Trait 2) Laser Danger
    Stats: [20 SKI (STR +10 / PRE +10)]
    Effects: A light shining in the dark. Trained in the difficult arts of laser combat, Hadron is a force to be reckoned with when wielding an energy-based melee weapon.

Negative Trait -1) Old Wounds
    Stats: [SPD - 15 / AGI - 5]
    Effects: Wounded, but his soul still burns. Damaged from past conflict, Hadron's cybernetic leg occasionally (aka, at the GM's discretion) seizes or glitches out, limiting his speed and mobility until it can be reset.

STATS

Physical
    HP: 206 HP
    Effective MAX Life: 416

STR: 10 (Base) + 25 (Build) + 10 (Trait) 0 (Sync) = 45 (Total)
    AGI: 10 (Base) + 10 (Build) - 5 (Trait) 7 (Sync) = 22 (Total)
    SPD: 10 (Base) + 10 (Build) - 15 (Trait) + 1 (Sync) = 6 (Total)
    DUR: 10 (Base) + 25 (Build) + 10 (Trait) + 7 (Sync) = 52 (Total)
    RES: 10 (Base) + 15 (Build) + 10 (Trait) + 7 (Sync) = 42 (Total)
    RES Specialisation: -15 PRE / -15 CHR

Mental
    BRA: 10 (Base) + 10 (Build) + 0 (Trait) - 1 (Sync) = 19 (Total)
    PRE: 10 (Base) + 20 (Build) + 10 (TRAIT) + 0 (Sync) = 40 (Total)
    CHR: 10 (Base) + 5 (Build) + 0 (Trait) + 2 (Sync) = 17 (Total)

Esoteric Block
    SKI: 40 (Base) + 25 (Build) + 1 (Sync) = 66 (Total)
    ENR: 10 (Base) + 5 (Build) + 6 (Sync) = 21 [210 ENR] (Total)
    RAC: 1.5 (1 Effective Reaction)

Movement: 6 Feet
    Basic ATK Actions: 1
    Technique Actions: 2
    Effective Range: 105 Feet

TECHNIQUES

Banhammer - CTRL+ALT+DELETE
    Classification:
    Stats Affected:
    Cost:
    Description:
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 10-22-2022 at 02:18 AM.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

While I almost certainly won't be playing (for reasons stated elsewhere), the system thus far really makes me want to attempt a classic Sharkerbob maneuver.

So I may end up posting some sort of abomination under spoilers at some point.

EDIT:

- On a successful counter, does the person countering still take damage from the attack?

- Interrupts are weird in that technically it's possible (if very unlikely) to use any hit stat to nullify attacks against an ally, but only Counter (which is SKI only) exists for doing the same against attacks on one's self.
    Last edited by Noldere; 10-08-2022 at 09:02 AM.
    This signature intentionally left blank.