Page 81 of 207 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3091
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't think it would be unreasonable or in the manner of the guy you reference there for you to be like "Hey, this seems kind of overtuned,"
    I wouldn't take it as an issue, myself. Not in regards to my character. Which was your original point, I think?

If I looked at it more closely, did some comparisons with how it stacked up to other characters, super-tough ones, that kind of thing, and came to the conclusion 'This breaks the game', I'd probably suggest tossing it.

If it was just 'a REALLY strong combo', I'd probably keep it.

It busting up my own character in a matter of two hits is not part of that consideration, though. ^_^

Being able to get 20 Core HP per attack PLUS 5 Core HP DMG per turn that stacks per consecutive attack PLUS the damage inflicted by the attacks themselves is wild. It is not street legal and definitely not in the game.
    Option to make it work: Either the initial core damage does not stack (ie, someone has already taken the 20, they cannot take that again until the persistent damage stops) or the Persistent damage doesn't stack (ie only the 20 damage applies to each hit, damage per turn from a single technique cannot stack, though different techniques from different sources MAY stack).
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-07-2022 at 11:37 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I think that ability is too much for 1st level, probably too much for 3rd level, but there is room in the system theoretically for someone higher level.

Of course, no way to actually rest end game in a system as new like this I’m sure
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

I've renamed my traits, in line with something I'll be doing with Techniques as well.

Basically everything is going to be a direct quotation from either The Divine Comedy or Paradise Lost.

I have a whole pile of quotations ready to apply to stuff.
    Chief Curmudgeon

My feeling on someone coming up with a technique that can kill my character in two hits can be summed up by my approach to the game.

I figure my build is my own fault. If I've set myself up to get destroyed by all and sundry, or even just a specific combination of techniques, that's at least partly on me. ^_^

So, if it happens? I guess we're into two different situations:

1. The game is 'dice fall where they may!' (no dice, but you get the idea). In this situation, death is a reality that can happen if the numbers say they do. In which case, at some point Krys is going to die. Why? I've made a fragile character in a way, and the odds of continuously getting in fights and not coming up against something that can dish out the kind of damage that will flat-out wreck them in a couple of hits is...low. EVENTUALLY I'm going to bump into that, there are no Destiny points or the like in the game to allow me to say 'No, I don't wanna die here!' and Krys dies. If that's the game, then I enjoy it and my character for what they are, accepting that my choice of build is going to get me killed somewhere or another.

2. The game is more narratively based, and more interested in 'Consequences of Failure' than 'Death'. In this scenario, it's less likely that running the numbers will just get Krys killed, even if they go up against the Very Wrong Person™. In which case I get to deal with the consequences of failure, which (often) is far, far more fun than winning the fight. Win a fight, there'll be a new enemy. Lose a fight? There is actual stuff to deal with and the story continues in fun and aggravating ways. ^_^ If that's the game, then I enjoy it and my character for what they are, accepting that my choice of build is at some point going to get Krys wrecked. Part of the fun, that.

My feeling on someone coming up with a technique that can kill almost any character in two hits can be summed up as follows: Get that **** out of here. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I think that ability is too much for 1st level, probably too much for 3rd level, but there is room in the system theoretically for someone higher level.

Of course, no way to actually rest end game in a system as new like this I’m sure
    The idea that greater techniques and stuff are available at higher levels is a good one, I feel. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I've renamed my traits, in line with something I'll be doing with Techniques as well.

Basically everything is going to be a direct quotation from either The Divine Comedy or Paradise Lost.

I have a whole pile of quotations ready to apply to stuff.
    Awesome. I love this kind of thing myself, and it's sounding great. Thematic things...yeah, that's good stuff.
    Why are we here?

So you said I could have a second trait to offset the negative trait, correct?

If so, I'll be sending a PM or two.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Beadle, good choice for the quotes. I mean, you have a massive whack of them to pick from, but those choices are great. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Also, appreciate the breakdowns Sharp, I've got a long, and long overdue vacation starting tomorrow, so I'll have the mental stamina to sit down and tidy up Arx (and create Krys' antithesis (the second sheet I'm doing).

So it'll all be very helpful ^_^
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Evil Krys? Evil Krys
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So you said I could have a second trait to offset the negative trait, correct?

If so, I'll be sending a PM or two.
    Yes, everyone gets two positive traits regardless of negative ones they opt to take.

PM away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Also, appreciate the breakdowns Sharp, I've got a long, and long overdue vacation starting tomorrow, so I'll have the mental stamina to sit down and tidy up Arx (and create Krys' antithesis (the second sheet I'm doing).

So it'll all be very helpful ^_^
    Awesome. Glad to hear it wasn't all for naught.

I mean other than my own edification and amusement.

Evil Krys? Evil Krys
    O_o Where is this coming from?

On another note, though I have Jane's backstory plotted out I still don't have a clear picture on how she'll play out in the day to day. But I think, funnily enough that despite the whole "Being a robot that's murdered uncounted scores of sentient beings, some who probably didn't have a good reason for it" Jane probably trends to the happier end of the spectrum because her disposition and role in the system she was created in (and also physically being unable to feel pain I suppose) means she's been basically inculcated against any real tragedy or pain in life.*

She also doesn't have much varied life experiences outside of the whole assassin and mayhem gig.

Meanwhile others on her team have the whole "my world/I died, and I was responsible" thing going on

*To her current knowledge anyway
    I'm curious to see how this works out. It's odd that your character and mine seem likely to be the most pleasant and happy in the group.

My lord, we're a depressing bunch. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Don't know if you missed it, but with regards to BLEED and Persistant Techs...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Option to make it work: Either the initial core damage does not stack (ie, someone has already taken the 20, they cannot take that again until the persistent damage stops) or the Persistent damage doesn't stack (ie only the 20 damage applies to each hit, damage per turn from a single technique cannot stack, though different techniques from different sources MAY stack).
    This...might work.
    Why are we here?

O_o Where is this coming from?
    Well he said Krys' anti-thesis, so...

I'm curious to see how this works out. It's odd that your character and mine seem likely to be the most pleasant and happy in the group.

My lord, we're a depressing bunch. ^_^
    Def curious to see where the setting takes us too lol
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Don't know if you missed it, but with regards to BLEED and Persistant Techs...

This...might work.
    It's being taken into consideration for the Status Effects audit that will be done tomorrow. I have a semi-free afternoon to try and plough through it.

I'm in the mindset to make stuff work, so if I can get things viable for a Persistent Techniques I will do so. I don't want to ban for the sake of an easy life.

So the second character sheet I'm doing (for my own amusement), is a breaker. Was in her setting, will be in this one. In concept she'd be Krys' antithesis because, well. Krys is a counter machine.

Arx Inosaan