Page 82 of 207 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 3091
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It's being taken into consideration for the Status Effects audit that will be done tomorrow. I have a semi-free afternoon to try and plough through it.

I'm in the mindset to make stuff work, so if I can get things viable for a Persistent Techniques I will do so. I don't want to ban for the sake of an easy life.
    I have some experience with adjusting stuff. I’ll talk to the status effects myself, and see if I can come up with other possibilities, for reducing their potential insanity when in persistent techniques.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Another example.

CONTROL: if used with a persistent technique, control reduces the cost of using other techniques by 10.

Asceticism: if used with a persistent technique, Asceticism reduces the cost of using other techniques by 20.

This trades status effects off for more easily usable regular techniques while a persistent technique is up and running, but does not take away the cost of the persistent technique itself.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-08-2022 at 05:13 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Some more ideas for persistent status effects:

CHAIN - This is honestly a pretty balanced thing. Maybe reduce it to 'only the target', not 'another person'.

ENFEEBLE - Cut the effect to -10/20 or something.

BLEED - Discussed.

SURGE - Does not stack with itself, must be with another character's SURGE.

CONCUSS - Already pretty balanced, with the 'no stacking with itself' factor.

EFFICIENCY - covered, above.

SPIRITUAL RESILIENCE - Costs ENERGY to remove status effects, 15 for PURGE, 30 for PURIFY

AWAKENING - 1 basic action/1 basic and one technique action bonus per round, don't see a problem here, if there's a concern increase ENERGY cost by 5 for the round by round technique.

ENLIGHTENMENT - Cut boost to +15 SKILL (or +10), RAC point bonus a flat +1 or +2.

FOCUS ENERGY - no problem here, leave it as is.

BODY EFFECTS:

RUSH: one further attack, 50%.

DEBILITATING STRIKE: Cannot Stack, reduce penalty by 50%

WITHSTAND: Adds +15 to RES, not 'autowithstand'.

RAGE: Does not stack, maintained. Pretty simple, this one.

PSYCHE UP: Only +20, not to be used on the Persistent tech. Or remove this one.

REGENERATE: I would just leave this one as is, allow for it to be continued.

Will consider further.
    Why are we here?

Intended to make a kinda joke-y character profile just for the fun of making another character in this system, accidentally got interested in the details and came up with a cool character idea instead. Whoops.

She'll be showing up as (only as a character concept here not a real character I would play) eventually tho
    Last edited by Postmania; 12-07-2022 at 09:37 PM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So the second character sheet I'm doing (for my own amusement), is a breaker. Was in her setting, will be in this one. In concept she'd be Krys' antithesis because, well. Krys is a counter machine.
    I’m always curious to see builds, so I look forward.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Had to give these their own post.

BEHAVIOURAL MIND TECHNIQUES
    Covering ways you can influence the behaviour of other characters with your abilities. These effects have specific lesser or greater forms of intensity per ability and level. As with other Mind Techniques, if the target is RES Positive on hit then the duration is halved. If they are negative they will take the full duration, however if the target chooses to burn enough Mastered ENR to make them neutral, then they will have the halved duration. This decision does not consume a RAC point as it is a form of Soak.

CHARM
    Psychically control your opponents to make them take actions for you.

Mundane: Suggest - Attacker can issue a single command. On full effect the target will attempt to complete the command using only 1 of their actions immediately on their turn though they retain control over their other actions. If the effect is halved, then they don't have to do the Commanded Action first so they could take steps to mitigate their effectiveness at it before trying (i.e: If told to attack their friend, they could move away before attacking so their ally is out of range)

Honed: Compel - Attacker can issue more complex commands. Target will be immediately compelled to use 2 of their actions to complete the order at full effect. At half effect, they can take one action to try and prevent the others from happening or being effective.

Epic: Control - Target fully becomes an ally and their entire turn of actions is dedicated to supporting the attacker as they direct. At half effect, they will lose one of their Technique ATK actions on their turn as they resist the spell.

FEAR
    Inflict fear on the opponent to make them scared of the attacker.

Mundane: Intimidate - Target becomes intimidated by the attacker and will disengage from combat with them if they are in it. The target is able to target another enemy and take normal actions otherwise.

Honed: Frighten - Target becomes frightened by the attacker. They will cease attacking entirely and will only perform defensive or supportive techniques to its own allies and will actively distance themselves from the attacker.

Epic: Terrify - Target becomes terrified by the attacker. They will abandon all combat activity and will devote full double movement actions to running away from both the attacker and the battle at large. If they leave the combat area fully before the effect of the Technique ends, then they are considered permanently removed from the conflict.

DISINTEREST
    Cause a target to lose interest in, sight or even memory of the attacker.

Mundane: Recalibrate - Target will not be able to take offensive action against a specified target before the end of the duration unless they or an ally are attacked by that target in which case the effect ends immediately. If they are in active combat, they will select a new opponent.

Honed: Lose - Target will lose visual sight of a specified target and will not be able to perceive them until the end of the duration unless attacked by that target. If they are attacked by an attacker they have Lost, the attacker will gain Surprise Bonus Damage. If the attacker hits someone else in their presence, the target will not be able to see them but can make an attack with a -25% to HIT and will not take Surprise Bonus Damage if they are subsequently attacked while the duration is still active.

Epic: Forget - Target will entirely forget that a specified target exists, up to and including recent interactions with them and will be unable to perceive them until the end of the duration or if the subject of Forget attacks them. If they are attacked by an attacker they have Forgotten, the attacker will gain Surprise Bonus Damage. If the attacker hits someone else in their presence, the target will not be able to see them but can make an attack with a -30% to HIT and will not take Surprise Bonus Damage if they are subsequently attacked while the duration is still active.

BERSERK
    Target becomes hostile to all nearby characters regardless of affiliation.

Mundane: Lash Out - On their turn, the target will attack the creature nearest to them in melee range with a Basic ATK action. As they are not compelled to move, if no enemy is in melee range and they do not move close enough to anyone to attack, then they will strike themselves for a flat 10 DMG. If they have default ranged Basic ATK, they will shoot the nearest creature to them. If they move on their turn, they will automatically attack the first creature they move close enough to strike as soon as they get in range. They can use Technique Actions as normal against other targets or defensively.

Honed: Enrage - On their next turn, the target will be compelled to move toward and attack the nearest enemy to them with a Basic ATK action. They also gain a flat +20 boost to DMG on Basic Attacks for the duration of this effect. They can use Technique Actions as normal against other targets or defensively. They are not compelled to use Dash Actions. If they cannot reach a target and/or attack another creature on their turn, they will strike themselves for a flat 15 DMG.

Epic: Frenzy - On their next turn, the target will be compelled to move and attack the creature nearest to them, spending all of their viable attack actions and the highest level Techniques at their disposal on offensive attacks toward that target. They will use Dash Actions to maximise range if required and will, if they have the option, use Area of Effect Techniques to hit the most number of targets possible. They gain a flat +30 boost to DMG on all attacks for the duration of this effect. If they are prevented from attacking a target on their turn (via being Grappled for example), they will strike themselves for a flat 25 DMG.

BLINDNESS
    Effects the target's hit stats, movement and ability to perform certain kinds of Techniques.

Mundane: Blurring - Target's HIT stat is reduced by 25% for the duration of this effect. Mind and all AoE attacks are not effected.

Honed: Field Reduction - Target's HIT stat is reduced by 50% and single-target ranged attacks can no longer hit for the duration of this effect. Mind and all AoE attacks are not effected.

Epic: Total Darkness - Target's HIT stat is reduced by 75%, single-target ranged attacks can no longer hit and all Body-based Chain Technique Effects are no longer possible to execute with the exception of Thunderclap and Crater. Mind and all AoE attacks are not effected.

MAIN MIND STATUS EFFECTS POST HERE
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 02-03-2023 at 10:03 AM.

Okay, so rulings on all Spiritual Status Effects have been made for their application in Persistent Techniques.

And I've added clarification for how Mind Effects work when applied to Persistent Techniques as well in the main Mind Effects post.

Working on Body now, just thinking about how combos might work within a Persistent setup.

Works for me. Looks good.

Interesting choice for Control. Does certainly cheapen the initial outlay, so I cannot complain about that. Different way to go than I suggested, but different =//= bad. I like it. Will make a modification to Heat-Death (am keeping Control).
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-08-2022 at 09:01 AM.
    Why are we here?

Sorry about the delays Nik, I'm having trouble sleeping and it's playing hell on my ability to think mechanics. I think I'll wait for the Body adjustments to try to finalize my techniques draft, since it sounds like it might change things a fair bit for my character. Or at least give me some ideas.

I've been keeping track of the thread at least.
    Last edited by Siriel; 12-08-2022 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Works for me. Looks good.

Interesting choice for Control. Does certainly cheapen the initial outlay, so I cannot complain about that. Different way to go than I suggested, but different =//= bad. I like it. Will make a modification to Heat-Death (am keeping Control).
    I did consider your suggestions while making my own adjustments and am grateful for your perspective as ever.
    In the case of Control, an issue with your version of the limitation is that it wouldn't be viable for people with only one Technique action per turn as their single Technique action would already be spoken for by the Persistent Technique already in play.

This way makes it open to more build types as it's basically a free/cheaper technique and turn of no maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Sorry about the delays Nik, I'm having trouble sleeping and it's playing hell on my ability to think mechanics. I think I'll wait for the Body adjustments to try to finalize my techniques draft, since it sounds like it might change things a fair bit for my character. Or at least give me some ideas.

I've been keeping track of the thread at least.
    Thanks the update, good to know that you're keeping abreast of things.

I am back from the doctors and I'm working on Body stuff now.

Name: Nanashi
    Race: Human
    Gender/Pronouns: She/Her
    Physical Description:

Nanashi stands at the barely above average height of 165cm, her raven hair jutting haphazardly out from underneath the brim of a tattered straw jingasa. Her outfit typically consists of a black leather trench coat, tattered slim-fit jeans, a pair of battered leather combat boots, and a black tanktop; with a pack of cigarettes jutting out from one of several pockets.

Homeworld/Land: Earth, [REDACTED]

Bio: "I was young, and fucking stupid... Did what I had to in the end."

A former Detective, who looked the other way for the Yakuza. The end result was predictably disasterous.

Want: "To close my eyes... enjoy a dreamless sleep."

Traits/Proficiencies:

Turbo Killer - "Not... not again..." - There is a chance that Nanashi will enter a BERSERK state, whenever she enters a combat phase.

The Moon In Autumn - "Please... please don't make me do this..." (SKI +15, AGI +5) - [REDACTED]

Ghost With (a) Heartbeat(s) (SPD +15, AGI +5) - "Quick, and quiet... only way to survive out there, anymore." - Once per combat, Nanashi is capable of negating an opponent's awareness of her, while also increasing her movement speed. She is unable of entering direct combat during the turn that this ability is used.

STATS

Maximum HP:
    Core HP:

Offensive Block
    STR: 10 + 0 + + 0 = 10
    PRE: 10 + 10 + 0 + 0 = 20
    CHR: 10 + 20 + 0 + 0 = 30

Defensive Block
    DUR: 10 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 10
    RES: 10 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 10
    AGI: 10 + 30 + 10 + 2 = 52

Hit Block
    BRA: 10 + 40 + 0 + 5 = 55
    SPD: 10 + 25 + 15 + 6 = 56
    SKI: 10 + 25 + 15 + 4 = 54

Energy Matrix
    ENR:
    ENR VALUE:
    Latent ENR: <- This ratio is adjustable upwards if you want to be more tanky.
    Mastered ENR: <- This ratio will be adjusted by how much Latent ENR you have.
    Stack:
    RAC:
    RUM:
    Movement:
    ATK Action(s):
    Tech Action(s):
    Range:
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Certainly barebones, not gonna commit too hard on a for fun sheet after all... but there she is.

Sort of not a serious antithesis to Krys, but similiar sthick (sword and skill stabby). Less counter minded, more uh... overwhelm you. Had fun putting tracks to the traits.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

We will be having a look at this when I get a chance.

Nik, if I am maintaining a persistent technique that is a counter, passive technique, does that count towards one of my technique actions that turn?
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I did consider your suggestions while making my own adjustments and am grateful for your perspective as ever.
    In the case of Control, an issue with your version of the limitation is that it wouldn't be viable for people with only one Technique action per turn as their single Technique action would already be spoken for by the Persistent Technique already in play.

This way makes it open to more build types as it's basically a free/cheaper technique and turn of no maintenance.
    Does make sense, that!
    Why are we here?