Page 176 of 207 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3091
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Also, to be clear, in case anyone else is harbouring feelings of guilt, should the game die then the person who will have killed the game is me and me alone. It will be my decision to end it so anyone who is feeling bad can consider themselves absolved.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Understood, Nik. If the game isn’t doing it for you, it’s not doing it for you. And if very one needs to be happy with things, not just the players.

It’s a pity we didn’t get the player base you hoped for.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-05-2023 at 04:24 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I will say I think it's been a very creative setting, and everyone's got some great writing chops.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Understood, Nik. If the game isn’t doing it for you, it’s not doing it for you. And if very one needs to be happy with things, not just the players.

It’s a pity we didn’t get the player base you hoped for.
    Well, it's not dead yet. We'll see whether Sandy comes back and what players feel about the alternative. In any case, these things happen. Even at the height of RP engagement on this forum, more games fail than complete. Ruins has been a very useful learning experience for me and I feel like I have a much better approach to system design and trying to find the fun in things. I also think it's been useful for board members to get a sense of the kind of complexity I tend to err towards which will be useful for future attempts. If it does die here, then I have no regrets.

I also might write up that PDF for itch.io and put it out maybe.

Sharp, any thoughts on the Dream Match format? Something you'd be interested in or is it a little too combat heavy for your tastes?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 05-05-2023 at 05:10 AM.

^_^

For clarity, Combat-heavy isn’t quite accurate, as I enjoy the combat. But as people might guess from my posts, I would say RP-lite is the issue. And I think that would bring my fun level down to the point where I would be playing out of stubbornness and ‘duty to game’, which isn’t good for me or the game, nor fair to the other players and the GM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ^_^

For clarity, Combat-heavy isn’t quite accurate, as I enjoy the combat. But as people might guess from my posts, I would say RP-lite is the issue. And I think that would bring my fun level down to the point where I would be playing out of stubbornness and ‘duty to game’, which isn’t good for me or the game, nor fair to the other players and the GM.
    All entirely fair points. I'm not minded to want to promote any kind of playing out of obligation haha.

So, as it stands, we'll see if Sandy pokes his head in within the next 36 hours and updates as to whether he's minded to continue or not. If he's not then we'll see out the current encounter as far as it goes and then likely call it a done deal then. All in all, not a bad run.

I can then reveal some of the fun NPCs, encounters and situations I had lined up!

Ah it is unfortunate that things have fallen through a bit.

I did initially get into this for combat, but truthfully it's long since been the case that what's really been keeping me in this has been the chance to RP and be Jane for a bit, so losing the greater part of that does sting. Also truthfully combat in the game thus far has been a bit concerning to me in that because of the nature of the medium it left a lot more possibility in something getting caught up by a momentary delay between steps and the game slowing to a pause until things go forward there, which has reared its head at times. I would still be up for Dream Match though, that sounds like a fun, different thing, and I suppose this also does let us see some of what was in store for us.
    Last edited by Postmania; 05-05-2023 at 06:39 AM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

I’m just gonna hold onto hope that Sandman makes an appearance.
    Why are we here?

Retired Overlord

Hey All

First and foremost, gonna apologize for my not getting as much posting done as I would have liked. Life has been unnaturally heavy on the work side of things in the past month or more and its grinded away a bit at my enthusiasm. I've also kinda been falling a bit behind on how to proceed in the game, and the system as been a bit overwhelming even with the attempts I've made to try to work with things. As much as I don't want to be the guy who drove the stake into the heart of your rp(And believe me I don't...I like the concept for Ella alot) a lot of my interest in proceeding has been grinded away to the point where I've been sitting on the wall between finally dropping and pushing ahead to keep the train going even when my heart isn't in it.

So....I guess this is my formal withdrawal from proceedings. Again, super sorry for sitting on the fence so long on this. ;_;

Sorry to hear Sandman. But glad you let us know sooner rather than later
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

I'm very sorry to hear that, Sandman.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-05-2023 at 06:29 PM.
    Why are we here?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Hey All

First and foremost, gonna apologize for my not getting as much posting done as I would have liked. Life has been unnaturally heavy on the work side of things in the past month or more and its grinded away a bit at my enthusiasm. I've also kinda been falling a bit behind on how to proceed in the game, and the system as been a bit overwhelming even with the attempts I've made to try to work with things. As much as I don't want to be the guy who drove the stake into the heart of your rp(And believe me I don't...I like the concept for Ella alot) a lot of my interest in proceeding has been grinded away to the point where I've been sitting on the wall between finally dropping and pushing ahead to keep the train going even when my heart isn't in it.

So....I guess this is my formal withdrawal from proceedings. Again, super sorry for sitting on the fence so long on this. ;_;
    Sorry to hear things have been rough at work, Sandman. Hang in there!

I mentioned earlier, I been flip-floppin' myself on the game, so you ain't the only one, but it's better to not let it become a chore.

Aw man, never got to cross paths with Ella IC yet.

Still, do what's best for you Sandman.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Hey All

No worries man, it happens. Thank you for the clarification, it's always good to know where we stand.

Okay, so our course is clear. I'll post later this morning to remove Ella from the board (Cassa will likely go to) and we'll proceed to Kinu's turn.

We'll complete this combat encounter, do a little bit of RP and then I'll likely shut off the lights since Dream Match is a non starter. I'll then probably do a final post in here talking about behind the scenes stuff, directions for the campaign, threads I had planned, NPC builds that I think are neat and so on.

It's been a decent run, I've greatly enjoyed designing the system and I've learnt a lot about game design from this process. As alluded to previously, I have two other systems and settings that are being worked on behind the curtain so, in a few months, I may return to you with a new world to explore, new game mechanics and I surely hope you are all in a place to try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Aw man, never got to cross paths with Ella IC yet.

Still, do what's best for you Sandman.
    Post is up, you're up to the bat Gen.

Kinu now has a lot of options via having two underlings acting on her turn.