Page 59 of 207 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Unless... ^_^

The NPC hitting you has a suitable Trait that lets them critically kill somehow, in which case you would be omega dead. ^_~*

(note, I have not actually built an NPC with this ability, but the thought just occurred so I thought I'd put some fear into the players.)
    Arx:

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Speaking for her current build, my main conception of this critical death trait would be doing some percentage if not the total of the target's Core HP beyond zero. With her 201 Core HP, Arx would be very safe from this.

Like, here's the formula for working out Body Status Effects for a given attack;

=rounddown(if(G3="GRAPPLE",(E4+(E16/2))-M4,IF(G3="FLING",E11-M4,IF(G3="CRATER",E10-M4,IF(G3="CHARGE",(E15+(E16/2))-M4,IF(G3="THUNDERCLAP",E10-M4,IF(G3="SWEEP",(E11+(E16/2))-(M4+(M5/2)),IF(G3="SHOVE",(E11+(E9/2))-M4,0))))))))

Nice little data validation and nested IF Statement but it takes a while to write T_T
    Another fun one, mostly for Sharp, this is what the formula that does RAC calculations does for PCs looks like now.

=1+((B14+B15)/if(D1="Krys",40,50))+IF(B11>49,1,0)

Nice little exception clause in there from the IF statement. :P

Speaking for her current build, my main conception of this critical death trait would be doing some percentage if not the total of the target's Core HP beyond zero. With her 201 Core HP, Arx would be very safe from this.
    If anything she's going to get beefier.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Let's hear it for beef!

In other news, the current mode for me:

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Another fun one, mostly for Sharp, this is what the formula that does RAC calculations does for PCs looks like now.

=1+((B14+B15)/if(D1="Krys",40,50))+IF(B11>49,1,0)

Nice little exception clause in there from the IF statement. :P
    Hah. Nicely done. If 'Krys', 40, otherwise 50.

Funny to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    We need some oomph. I break easily, and while Post is tougher, a Tank they are not.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Been considering some non-numerical uses for Granularity, and I suspect micro-teleports (or the equivalent thereof - they're not teleportation, but they might as well be) might come in useful from time to time, especially when combined with Distance Is Factual. Potentially bypassing barriers being an example.

Granted, if it doesn't work I expect running face-first into a wall will be painful. :P But that's what Form Is An Untruth is for.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Played an MMORPG some years ago and while it was pretty bad, it introduced me to an idea that has been stuck in my head: the skill/evasion tank. The idea being that one operates similarly to a Tank - get in enemies' faces, draw aggro, allow the other people to do their thing while surviving - but the operation of it was dependent on Evasion, in that the character class didn't have any super-damage-eating skills but rather avoided damage whilst keeping the enemy focused on themselves. And dishing out some decent DPS at the same time.

Might consider doing a little of that with Krys, enemy depending and depending on how well she can continuously keep avoiding damage herself.
    Why are we here?

Never let me write a backstory again.

Ever.

Over 1100 words into their Bio, I still haven’t yet got to the thing that made Tzachanothel actually… Tzachanothel, let alone everything that followed or how eventually they find Khazan.

This is going to be a 2K+ word Bio.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Played an MMORPG some years ago and while it was pretty bad, it introduced me to an idea that has been stuck in my head: the skill/evasion tank. The idea being that one operates similarly to a Tank - get in enemies' faces, draw aggro, allow the other people to do their thing while surviving - but the operation of it was dependent on Evasion, in that the character class didn't have any super-damage-eating skills but rather avoided damage whilst keeping the enemy focused on themselves. And dishing out some decent DPS at the same time.

Might consider doing a little of that with Krys, enemy depending and depending on how well she can continuously keep avoiding damage herself.
    Fortunate for Jane that there's Krys, and also at least one other character (Arx) who can be in front while she assails people from afar.

Speaking of skill tanks though...I think since Jane is ranged she can now counter people at range too. So she's capable of dodging all over and now has the skill score to credibly try countering and sending back fire if needed (even before I implement what I suspect will be a strong Counter technique). Tough times for garden variety mooks, but that just means Nik's gonna hit us with extra nasty stuff to trouble us ^_^
    Last edited by Postmania; 11-28-2022 at 11:19 AM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Let's hear it for beef!

In other news, the current mode for me:

Update: have nerfed this NPC considerably. Ran a test combat encounter and was like "no, no, no, this NPC is only third level. I have built something far too gnarly,"

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Ever.

Over 1100 words into their Bio, I still haven’t yet got to the thing that made Tzachanothel actually… Tzachanothel, let alone everything that followed or how eventually they find Khazan.

Hahaha, I look forward to the appended 2 posts that are just backstory.

Don't forget to cover your characters Want/Desire that makes them find their way to the centre of creation in there somewhere.

Ever.

Are you kidding? This is awesome! I cannot wait to read it.

Krys's backstory is pretty much contained in Codex, and as I have no wish to summarize that, will content myself to a massive (or two) lead-in post(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Fortunate for Jane that there's Krys, and also at least one other character (Arx) who can be in front while she assails people from afar.
    If you are depending on Krys to get in people's faces and such quickly, you are barking up the wrong tree. ^_^

Speaking of skill tanks though...I think since Jane is ranged she can now counter people at range too. So she's capable of dodging all over and now has the skill score to credibly try countering and sending back fire if needed (even before I implement what I suspect will be a strong Counter technique). Tough times for garden variety mooks, but that just means Nik's gonna hit us with extra nasty stuff to trouble us ^_^
    *sighs* He will, of course. ^_^ That's when the fun starts!

Update: have nerfed this NPC considerably. Ran a test combat encounter and was like "no, no, no, this NPC is only third level. I have built something far too gnarly,"
    Well, nerfing them is great. But it does kind of illustrate the potential issues with 'higher level versus lower level'. ^_^

Don't forget to cover your characters Want/Desire that makes them find their way to the centre of creation in there somewhere.
    Wants and desires.

That's problematic.
    Why are we here?

Ever.

Looking forward to what intrigues you so with this char

I could probably write more with Jane too, but I ended up deciding it was more fun to have some of the things I was thinking of be expressed (or just straight up be moved chronologically) in game.

If you are depending on Krys to get in people's faces and such quickly, you are barking up the wrong tree. ^_^
    Well on the plus side Jane can definitely move away from the battle a bunch easier now and thus make people relatively closer
    Hopefully our characters overall are wise, and do not run around fighting everything.

Wants and desires.

That's problematic.
    That one was a little tricky in my earlier stages of character. Fortunately in my stage of basically mining/stealing numerous things related to robots and necromancy for inspiration I was able to come up with enough there I think
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Well on the plus side Jane can definitely move away from the battle a bunch easier now and thus make people relatively closer
    Hopefully our characters overall are wise, and do not run around fighting everything.
    Fighting = Krys' last choice, so definitely.

That one was a little tricky in my earlier stages of character. Fortunately in my stage of basically mining/stealing numerous things related to robots and necromancy for inspiration I was able to come up with enough there I think
    Good stuff. And it's a pretty interesting mix - 'robots and necromancy'. ^_^

For Krys, one problem for me is that they have already had everything. Literally. So they're struggling to figure out what they want now, especially since getting back to where they were before is impossible.

I guess their want now is to figure out what they actually DO want.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-28-2022 at 11:59 AM.
    Why are we here?

Arx simple.

Human experiment gone right. Kind of also Fenris if they actually succeeded in eating everything.

Arx Inosaan