Page 70 of 207 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3091
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Sharp, why did you bug Beadle to join?

2bto9v.jpg

This is fantastic stuff. Really great, emotionally evocative.

Everyone here is bringing their own good stuff to the table, mind, and that's perfectly clear in this thread. ^_^ Great group. Loving this so far.

I see Post has made some major reworkings, and now I want to examine those. ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-04-2022 at 04:58 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I do agree that the ‘Blackstone bullets’ have more impact than energy blasts, Post. Really like that idea.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Remembered a few things I meant to write last night but forgot.

Will update.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Of course you did. . Moar!

It’s going to be interesting, having two beings who have fallen from an exalted state/higher dimension.

With such an enormous gulf between them.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-04-2022 at 05:49 AM.
    Why are we here?

I must admit, I'm rather in awe of how Gen managed to combine classic wrestling madness with am extremely dark, fantasy background. O_O
    Why are we here?

Me, realizing ima have to write Arx's bio better now:

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Me, realizing ima have to write Arx's bio better now:

…mine is super short and vague, everyone’s will be better.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    …mine is super short and vague, everyone’s will be better.
    Embrace the angry pink eyebrows. They give you focus.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Embrace the angry pink eyebrows. They give you focus.
    …I have no idea what I will do if Gen’s pic comes out with pink eyebrows now. ^_^
    Why are we here?

So what DO we have, now? I'm sure I'm getting some of this wrong, but summing up characters in a single sentence is nigh-impossible and I'm just looking for mood.

And the mood, my friends...the mood is not very bright.

They would be six.

A reincarnation of a goddess who turned from Fate to achieve ultimate freedom from All, before once-again falling from grace...and love.
    A chimeric personification of consumption enslaved to a legendary sorceress, who broke her chains...by devouring herself.
    A would-be champion of a broken land, whose quest to cleave a cycle of loss succeeded...in the complete shattering of her world.
    A archetypal beast of destruction still growing into her true self and searching for her identity...in the glory of battle.
    A fourth-dimensional entity of peace and joy, corrupted into a veritable satan imprisoning the souls of two worlds...victims and oppressors, both.

And one more.

It's worrisome when 'beast of destruction looking for glory in violence' and 'fallen from grace and love' are the most happy backgrounds in the group. Still waiting on Post, but 'necromantic cyborg sniper' does not make me think the story will be blazingly positive.

Tried for a little parallelism with the ellipses, but it might be a bit much. *shrugs* I like it.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-04-2022 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Editing in a Codex inside joke.
    Why are we here?

In theory there are still more people in the game, but they haven't been working on their characters in a while.
    Why are we here?

So what DO we have, now? I'm sure I'm getting some of this wrong, but summing up characters in a single sentence is nigh-impossible and I'm just looking for mood.

And the mood, my friends...the mood is not very bright.

They would be six.

A reincarnation of a goddess who turned from Fate to achieve ultimate freedom from All, before once-again falling from grace...and love.
    A chimeric personification of consumption enslaved to a legendary sorceress, who broke her chains...by devouring herself.
    A would-be champion of a broken land, whose quest to cleave a cycle of loss succeeded...in the complete shattering of her world.
    A archetypal beast of destruction still growing into her true self and searching for her identity...in the glory of battle.
    A fourth-dimensional entity of peace and joy, corrupted into a veritable satan imprisoning the souls of two worlds...victims and oppressors, both.

And one more.

It's worrisome when 'beast of destruction looking for glory in violence' and 'fallen from grace and love' are the most happy backgrounds in the group. Still waiting on Post, but 'necromantic cyborg sniper' does not make me think the story will be blazingly positive.

Tried for a little parallelism with the ellipses, but it might be a bit much. *shrugs* I like it.
    It gets somewhat more bleak when you realize two things about Kinu, and Arx. They come from the same world, and approximate time; but are from different timelines(?). They've met before. Traveled together. Fought each other.

... and the both of them, as a direct result of their actions. Killed their timeline. Kinu, in her Madness. Arx in her hunger. In the end, Arx killed, and ate her version of Kinu. I don't doubt Kinu had to beat her version of Arx to death.

Now, here they are again.

Arx Inosaan

…yikes.

*limit dance*
    Why are we here?

…yikes.

*limit dance*
    It's not all bad. There's probably something approximating regret knocking around in their heads. Maybe.

Arx Inosaan

It's not all bad. There's probably something approximating regret knocking around in their heads. Maybe.
    Both of them seem very, very ready to fight...whatever. O_O

Needless to say, I'm curious to see how the first few posts go. ^_^ I expect a lot of 'trying to comprehend things'.

...I've requested a small alteration to my own timeline on my first post to allow the other players not to need to deal with Krys's 'first appearance', for reasons that will become obvious with my first post(s)*. There's drama, there's 'this is what would logically happen'...and then there's 'and now I will force the other players to deal with it!' Noooo, thank you.

* might go a few posts, it's already really long.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-04-2022 at 10:51 AM.
    Why are we here?