Page 72 of 207 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3091

Nik,

How would you feel about Tzachanothel having a negative trait that there is a permanent 1/20 chance that in any one moment, their Ego Cache buffers and they’re momentarily paralysed (purely in terms of not being able to make decisions to take actions) due to the conflicting directions being provided from all the competing souls in the Retrievable Animus Memory?

Not trying to trade for anything. Just think it’s useful flavour.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Nik,

How would you feel about Tzachanothel having a negative trait that there is a permanent 1/20 chance that in any one moment, their Ego Cache buffers and they’re momentarily paralysed (purely in terms of not being able to make decisions to take actions) due to the conflicting directions being provided from all the competing souls in the Retrievable Animus Memory?

Not trying to trade for anything. Just think it’s useful flavour.
    That sounds fun! I would allow it. Though I would need to codify what situations get me to roll a d20 to decide if the decision paralysis sets in.

Yun Lao had a similar thing on his character Hadron, though his was a SPD debuff so less debilitating than what you have proposed in some respects. This was going to be rolled for every time he took damage or if I felt it appropriate in an out of combat moment.

Cool. Then it shall be included, and feel free to codify its use however you feel appropriate.
    Chief Curmudgeon

So you're saying there's a 1/20 chance Arx gets a free meal.

I like those odds a lot.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Postmania, how do you feel about the idea of me giving Jane the ability to receive character specific information in-game, albeit with a mechnical... not so much a cost but a penalty if you use that ability?

Or, for a more flavourful question - I figure that, as a mechanised avatar of the concept of death, Jane might have the ability to sense death in some capacity? Like be able to smell it or perceive it over a given range?

This would not require a stat investment or trait, it would be an additional avenue to pursue information but with an associated penalty?

Thoughts?
    I like this idea. Could also be a precursor sort of to the revive dead idea I had a few pages back. What kind of penalty?

Dice are also fun to include so Beadle's idea sounds cool
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Everyone getting into negative traits.

Like I said, they’re fun!

Should make it part of the rules.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Also, Beadle: how do you pronounce your characters name? I want to have it right in my head. I mean, as a three-dimensional creature with limited language skills compared to theirs.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Also, Beadle: how do you pronounce your characters name? I want to have it right in my head. I mean, as a three-dimensional creature with limited language skills compared to theirs.
    Arx: Tzatziki Sauce. It's Tzatiki Sauce
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I like how there's 4 God, or God adjacent characters... And then Kinu and Arx.

A really hungry lizard, and a wrassler.
    And a partridge in a pear tree. ^_^

Actually, funny thing about Krys and godhood. Post was right about there being three 'god-associated beings', even if he was specifically referring to those of Destruction/Death. I've read through the old Codex in detail (okay, the part of it I can manage which, unsurprisingly, ends with where I left the game), and can state one thing for certain:

Krys was never a god, not even back when they/she was Kris.

Kris received Durga's memories, sure. But that's all, and they were never 'integrated' in her, becoming part of her identity. Out of all of the characters, Kris never developed (nor would have developed) any divine powers. She never accepted being Durga herself, either, maintaining (again, alone out of the characters) that she was Kris; she might be Durga's spirit reincarnated, but she wasn't Durga, nor was she a god at all.

She achieved Svātantrya, stepping outside of all rules and laws, through the memories she could access and her own enlightenment. That was it (and that was where the character was going anyway; me deciding to leave the game just sped that up a little).

So, still only three gods and god-adjacent (nice phrase, that) characters, a really hungry lizard, a wrassler, and a formerly enlightened fool.

...and a partridge in a pear tree. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    ^_^

The memes are coming...
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-04-2022 at 05:43 PM.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Arx: Tzatziki Sauce. It's Tzatiki Sauce
    But everything is that for you. See, this is why I'm glad Krys has time to get herself together before you show. I know what you called a semi-catatonic, drooling person: lunch.
    Why are we here?

Some of these names are things I'm glad we're not in-person to have to pronounce ^_^
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Some of these names are things I'm glad we're not in-person to have to pronounce ^_^
    I get you (one reason why I like keeping 'em simple). At the same time, I like to be able to pronounce them in my head, so I'm depending on Beads to give me something semi-phonetic with which to work. ^_^
    Why are we here?

At some point, I'm gonna get everyone's pics and make a banner out of them. ^_^
    Why are we here?

And a partridge in a pear tree. ^_^

Actually, funny thing about Krys and godhood. Post was right about there being three 'god-associated beings', even if he was specifically referring to those of Destruction/Death. I've read through the old Codex in detail (okay, the part of it I can manage which, unsurprisingly, ends with where I left the game), and can state one thing for certain:

Krys was never a god, not even back when they/she was Kris.

Kris received Durga's memories, sure. But that's all, and they were never 'integrated' in her, becoming part of her identity. Out of all of the characters, Kris never developed (nor would have developed) any divine powers. She never accepted being Durga herself, either, maintaining (again, alone out of the characters) that she was Kris; she might be Durga's spirit reincarnated, but she wasn't Durga, nor was she a god at all.

She achieved Svātantrya, stepping outside of all rules and laws, through the memories she could access and her own enlightenment. That was it (and that was where the character was going anyway; me deciding to leave the game just sped that up a little).

So, still only three gods and god-adjacent (nice phrase, that) characters, a really hungry lizard, a wrassler, and a formerly enlightened fool.

...and a partridge in a pear tree. ^_^

^_^

The memes are coming...
    Heh. Kinda sounds like my DB:M Character.

Should tell you about her some time. Amusingly similar to Krys, down to the tidbit that her brother was Durga.

Arx Inosaan

But everything is that for you. See, this is why I'm glad Krys has time to get herself together before you show. I know what you called a semi-catatonic, drooling person: lunch.
    In my (her) defense, Arx will only start seeing people as 'food' once her negative trait takes effect. Before that, she's not big on attempting to eat people.

Arx Inosaan