Page 159 of 207 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3091
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    And on a side note...A Rat Mage?
    Some of Ellas Best patrons are rats! Gonna get along splendid.
    Rat Buddies! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Emergency came up today. Hopefully it'll turn out well; but I'm not going to be posting anything until much later. Sorry.
    Hope everything goes alright!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Thanks, all.

I'm beat. Things have turned out okay in the end, but I'm wiped and that post is the best I've got for now. Off to sleep.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

All good Sharp.

I think Gen wants to try something on doggo, so I'll hang back a bit unless he changes mind (or is cool with me just ending doggo)
    Last edited by Postmania; 03-17-2023 at 08:32 PM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    All good Sharp.

I think Gen wants to try something on doggo, so I'll hang back a bit unless he changes mind (or is cool with me just ending doggo)
    Hmm...needs a little setup, might require Jane's insight into the matter. I'll get a post up in a moment.

EDIT:

...this is a bit of an awkward spot where as a player I want to follow up on something post-hoc with Jane, but my character wasn't exactly around to hear the first parts of her interrogation. Still, I think this might be worth pursuing, though I don't want it to take overlong.
    Last edited by grampagen; 03-17-2023 at 11:50 PM.

So, skills

Touch of Death: Jane uses but a small part of her necromantic energies and touches them to an object. Rapidly decays and deteriorates inorganic material, allowing for potential new pathways. (1 Manipulation)

SkullSeeker: Jane forms a drone in the shape of a flying Skull and partial spinal cord, summoned from her realm of Death. This allows for her detection range to be expanded and emanate from the drone's sensors at a distance. The information comes back to her in real time. The drone can be reassembled indefinitely although continuous destruction may cause the assembling to take more time. (1 Creation)

Hunter's Blind: Jane manifests a circle which dulls the senses via spirits surrounding the magical area which enhances the Stealth of any ally in the area. To the allies within the circle, the circle appears as a room, building itself around them with strange emerald seeming sequences and reflecting the minds of those within. (1 Creation) (Honestly this one I’m still not sure on, might not go with it)

System Seance: Jane speaks to spirits in her vicinity. What they say back depends on the area, their circumstances, and GM input. (1 Communion)

Spectral Sight: Jane veils over her optical sensors with spiritual energy, allowing her to see spirits and improving her Notice (1 Knowledge).
    Last edited by Postmania; 03-18-2023 at 01:20 AM.
    -Stephen McCranie

Now, I don't actually know for sure if Kinu is able to trigger a flight-or-fight response so strong it ejects a creature's soul from its body, such that more insightful party members can get some sorta breadcrumb from it, but I am curious what grilling a wounded animal like this might do regardless!

Also I should probably sleep.

...also-also, going to be out from March 27th to April 15th, so I'll need to bench her again for a period of time.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

So, skills

Touch of Death: Jane uses but a small part of her necromantic energies and touches them to an object. Rapidly decays and deteriorates inorganic material, allowing for potential new pathways. Magnitude required is effected by material of the object and the scope of the desired effect. (1 Manipulation)
    Added some wording.

SkullSeeker: Jane forms a drone in the shape of a flying Skull and partial spinal cord, summoned from her realm of Death. This allows for her detection range to be expanded and emanate from the drone's sensors at a distance. The information comes back to her in real time. The drone can be reassembled indefinitely although continuous destruction may cause the assembling to take more time. (1 Creation)
    Fine.

Hunter's Blind: Jane manifests a circle which dulls the senses via spirits surrounding the magical area which enhances the Stealth of any ally in the area. To the allies within the circle, the circle appears as a room, building itself around them with strange emerald seeming sequences and reflecting the minds of those within. Magnitude is influence by the number of people within, their passive Stealth and the size of the circle. (1 Creation) (Honestly this one I’m still not sure on, might not go with it)
    Added some wording.

System Seance: Jane speaks to spirits in her vicinity. What they say back depends on the area, their circumstances, and GM input. Assists with Insight checks. (1 Communion)
    Added wording.

Spectral Sight: Jane veils over her optical sensors with spiritual energy, allowing her to see spirits and slightly improving her Notice abilities pertaining to spiritual matters and detecting entities with a spritual presence. (1 Knowledge).
    Added wording.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Now, I don't actually know for sure if Kinu is able to trigger a flight-or-fight response so strong it ejects a creature's soul from its body, such that more insightful party members can get some sorta breadcrumb from it, but I am curious what grilling a wounded animal like this might do regardless!

Also I should probably sleep.

...also-also, going to be out from March 27th to April 15th, so I'll need to bench her again for a period of time.
    Okay... so we are in some very specific territory with the sets of checks going on. The numbers are amazingly specific.

Just so I'm clear, is Kinu using the Charm component of Pipe Bomb to insall herself as a sort of pack leader over this dog and therefore command its loyalty?

Be sorry to see Kinu miss out on some of the action in that time. Though now I wonder what the lore reason for her absence would be

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Added some wording.

Fine.

Added some wording.

Added wording.

Added wording.
    Cool. Still unsure about the Blind ability but the others will be added to my profile soon
    Last edited by Postmania; 03-18-2023 at 09:45 AM.
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Okay... so we are in some very specific territory with the sets of checks going on. The numbers are amazingly specific.

Just so I'm clear, is Kinu using the Charm component of Pipe Bomb to insall herself as a sort of pack leader over this dog and therefore command its loyalty?
    Yep, that's pretty much the sum of it.

Be sorry to see Kinu miss out on some of the action in that time. Though now I wonder what the lore reason for her absence would be
    Well given the infinite corridor sort of setting we're in, it's really easy to get lost lol

...eh we'll wing it, she could go full NPC for a time, say.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Well given the infinite corridor sort of setting we're in, it's really easy to get lost lol

...eh we'll wing it, she could go full NPC for a time, say.
    Took a wrong turn at [S]Albuquerque[/S] that lamp post a few yards back. :V

If Nik actually makes her disappear somehow bc of infinite geometries that could be a cool scare for the characters
    -Stephen McCranie

Okay, going to be open about the situation so you can make an informed decision because we are bending the rules about how certain things work.

Between me continuing to count off turns of Lacerate, Krys' heal, the subsequent counterattack and now Kinu's Pipe Bomb Small Dog 1 now has 1 HP left.

There is one round of Lacerate remaining which will kill it outright.

However, it did fail its RES check on Pipe Bomb and the ENR deficit required to mitigate or remove that influence is more than Small Dog 1's entire ENR capacity.

I am proposing the following. If Kinu wants this dog to live and by loyal to her by making this Charm status to stick, she is going to have to do something dramatic. Kinu will need to sacrifice 10 HP from her total HP capacity for, let's say the foreseeable future, to keep this dog alive and make it loyal to her. The dog will also lose a flat 10% to all stats.

If she doesn't want to then the hound will bleed out on my next post and die. Let me know what you want to do.

As a potential breadcrumb, I'm interested in exploring it, but not so badly that we'd need to bend the rules to make it happen.

...though let's explore the HP transfer option and see if this goes anywhere. Kinda introduces the resurrection mechanics in a roundabout way

As a potential breadcrumb, I'm interested in exploring it, but not so badly that we'd need to bend the rules to make it happen.

...though let's explore the HP transfer option and see if this goes anywhere. Kinda introduces the resurrection mechanics in a roundabout way
    I'm very keen to bend the rules to do something potentially fun. So Kinu now has 215/225 HP (-10 Capacity for Hellhound Pact)

You now have a pet. In combat, the dog will act on your turn, you can control its actions.

Its stats are as follows and what few Techniques it has are listed below:

Small Hellhound

STR: 28
    PRE: 15
    CHR: 15

DUR: 24
    RES: 14
    AGI: 24

BRA: 9
    SPD: 32
    SKI: 10

ENR: 15
    ENR VALUE :150
    Latent ENR: 100
    Mastered ENR: 50
    Stack: 1.00
    RAC: 1.82
    Movement: 76
    ATK Action(s): 1
    Tech Action(s): 1
    Range: 25
    Core HP: 84
    Max HP: 184

Techniques

- Aggressive Bite (+20 STR) Latches on with its jaws and initiates a Grapple

- Hellfire Blast (+10 STR) Opens its jaws and shoots a fireball at a single target. Inflicts Sweep

If you could add or link this to your main sheet, that would be handy.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 03-18-2023 at 12:47 PM.

Hmm, I should probably think about how Jane reconciles this new addition. Pretty cool to have though
    -Stephen McCranie