Page 160 of 207 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3091
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Hmm, I should probably think about how Jane reconciles this new addition. Pretty cool to have though
    This is going to complicate Trevor's feelings towards Kinu as well ^_^

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Well done, Kinu!

Trevor is going to need a paradigm shift. Will probably have a chat with him.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Well done, Kinu!

Trevor is going to need a paradigm shift. Will probably have a chat with him.
    Small boy from rural community is having his mind expanded and he does not like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm very keen to bend the rules to do something potentially fun. So Kinu now has 215/225 HP (-10 Capacity for Hellhound Pact)

You now have a pet. In combat, the dog will act on your turn, you can control its actions.

Its stats are as follows and what few Techniques it has are listed below:

Small Hellhound

STR: 28
    PRE: 15
    CHR: 15

DUR: 24
    RES: 14
    AGI: 24

BRA: 9
    SPD: 32
    SKI: 10

ENR: 15
    ENR VALUE :150
    Latent ENR: 100
    Mastered ENR: 50
    Stack: 1.00
    RAC: 1.82
    Movement: 76
    ATK Action(s): 1
    Tech Action(s): 1
    Range: 25
    Core HP: 84
    Max HP: 184

Techniques

- Aggressive Bite (+20 STR) Latches on with its jaws and initiates a Grapple

- Hellfire Blast (+10 STR) Opens its jaws and shoots a fireball at a single target. Inflicts Sweep

If you could add or link this to your main sheet, that would be handy.
    Thank you kindly, will do. May use this to inform a skill in writing sometime down the road as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Hmm, I should probably think about how Jane reconciles this new addition. Pretty cool to have though
    One step closer to flushing out the Sorcerer!

I've given it a fair amount of thought and I don't think I'm in the right space to give the RP the time it deserves at the moment, so I'll be dropping out rather than leaving it ambiguous. Maybe things will change sometime in the future, but for now I can't really enjoy it and I don't think it'd be fair for anyone else that gets caught in a scene with me to have to wait all the time.

I don't mind at all if you want to NPC Van, Nik. Send me a PM if you want to discuss ideas for her sometimes. Sorry for the time you spent helping me work on her ending up not being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I've given it a fair amount of thought and I don't think I'm in the right space to give the RP the time it deserves at the moment, so I'll be dropping out rather than leaving it ambiguous. Maybe things will change sometime in the future, but for now I can't really enjoy it and I don't think it'd be fair for anyone else that gets caught in a scene with me to have to wait all the time.

I don't mind at all if you want to NPC Van, Nik. Send me a PM if you want to discuss ideas for her sometimes. Sorry for the time you spent helping me work on her ending up not being used.
    No problem at all, thanks for providing clarity. Feel free to put in a final post of Van disappearing deeper into the infinite streets and whatnot if you so desire.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Thank you kindly, will do. May use this to inform a skill in writing sometime down the road as well.
    Just to run everyone through my decision-making here, being able to Pokemon enemies was not something I'd seriously considered but Kinu being able to pull this off was as follows:

- Enemy has less than human intelligence.
    - Enemy is a magical creature.
    - Enemy was pinned and inflicted with Bleed so the threat of death was intrinsically imminent outside of player action.
    - Enemy not only failed its RES check against Pipe Bomb but the deficit for it to overcome the effect completely was more than its total ENR capacity so it was going to be Charmed either way and could technically never cure it.
    - Kinu hitting it with Pipe Bomb gave it 1 HP left exactly.

So, a lot of factors went into this decision. It's not like I'm saying "Never again," but I do want players to realise that this is very very specific set of circumstances resulting from a combination of Ella's decisions in battle, the actions of the mysterious robot, Kinu's specific powerset, Krys' decision to heal the dog and the numbers lining up in a super unlikely way.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 03-19-2023 at 03:22 AM.

Sorry to hear that, Siriel; hope things get better for you soon.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rejigged the cast list a little.

Putting Cthulhu formally back on the bench and created a handy list for PCs I am planning to repurpose for NPC stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Siriel; hope things get better for you soon.
    Things aren't awful to be honest, they're just a kind of busy that I'm not used to and it's causing hell on my ability to focus on things.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Things aren't awful to be honest, they're just a kind of busy that I'm not used to and it's causing hell on my ability to focus on things.
    Hang in there and take care.

Hope that sitch improves Siriel
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

I know Krys said 'Talk later', but everyone is talking now, so...why not?
    Why are we here?

So there's a small logical step from events that needs to occur, which will concern Kinu, so I'm keen to get there before Gen goes off on holiday.

I'll give players say until the 22nd to do any conversations or reactions or whatever and then we'll advance through the dramatic stuff and then we can advance in other directions while Gen is on leave.

Okay, so I said I was adding new effects so let's do that now.

I may add more as I come up with them. I really just want to give people more abilities to do stuff with Techniques.

So, adding a bunch of new Body Combo Effects which add air combos to the game.

- Launch: ATK Power vs (SPD/2) + AGI Allows the attacker to punt their opponent (or opponents) into the air to initiate a juggle state. If successful, any additional Basic Attacks that are used on the target after this Technique has been activated on an enemy cannot be defended with the Dodge response. If unsuccessful, If resisted, the opponent gets a free Basic ATK at half damage on attacker and escapes the combo. This is a Chain starter but can also chain from Grapple and Charge.

Can chain into:

> Spike
    > Juggle
    > Piledriver
    > Fling

- Spike: ATK Power vs AGI + (DUR/2) Allows the attacker to smash an airborne opponent into the ground if successful doing additional damage and knocks them Prone if it is a combo ender. If resisted, the opponent lands safely and breaks any active combo. Chains from Launch but can also be used as a combo starter on an already airborne (victim of Fling/jumping/flying) enemy

Can chain into
    > Crater
    > Fling
    > Thunderclap

- Juggle: ATK Power vs SKI + (AGI/2) Allows the attacker to add +2 to their Basic ATK actions for the exclusive purpose of attacking a Launched or otherwise airborne opponent. If resisted, opponent throws the attacker to the floor and they are knocked Prone.

Can chain into:

> Spike
    > Piledrive
    > Fling

- Piledrive: ATK Power vs STR + SKI/2 An aerial grapple and slam. Inflicts a flat +25 damage on a successful hit. Can be chained into from Grapple, Launch or Juggle. If the opponent resists, the attacker is left Prone and the combo is broken.

Can chain into:
    > Thunderclap
    > Crater

- Anti-Air: ATK Power vs BRA + (AGI/2) Deals damage with an +15 DMG on an attack if the opponent is Launched or otherwise airborne. If resisted, the attacker loses a -15 on all HIT Checks in combat until the end of their next turn.

Can chain into:
    > Fling
    > Crater
    > Thunderclap
    > Grapple
    > Spike
    > Juggle
    > Piledrive