Page 110 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3091

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    To make it AoE and therefore target everyone in an area, you would lower the CHR boost by 15 points.

Persistent Techniques can't be AoE, so you could either have a single heal ability that targets multiple people or you could have the Persistent Technique which gives Enna the option to use a healing ability on a single person (in touching range) with the associated stat boost using a Basic ATK Action on her turn.

The thing with this is how persistent you want these objects to be. If you want like "Enna creates a sword and bonks someone with it and it only exists for that attack action," or "Enna makes a key to try and open a locked door so it only exists for that lock attempt," then that's just a Honed PRE Technique there and then. If you want the objects to last longer and be things you could maintain, then it would be a Persistent Technique again.

You could also have a Defensive or Offensive Spirit Effect as well because that's parcelled in with the Technique.

If you want to play unoptimally, that's totally fine by me haha.

So you can either have it be Persistent and it will be a better disguise or you can have it be a single use Technique to change form with the initial check getting the boost and any subsequent checks being made with her default CHR score.

Your choice.
    Alright, let's see if I can finish these up.

As discussed, this is fine. For the Techniques, I'll make amendments and apply stats, costs and effects for your approval.

Right, so it's an AoE Slow Effect which wouldn't actually work for Body as an Affinity since those Techniques can't really do that. You would have to use Mind for a Debuff. Lowering AGI or SPD would effect movement values but AGI obviously effects Dodge Chance and, if you're wanting to use this as prelude to a larger attack, AGI might make more sense. A decision for you to make. The powering herself up gimmick to make her next Technique Attack more powerful is possible if you spend an Epic Spirit Slot on it to get Total Focus.

So, on the face of it that would be as follows:

Fimbulvetr - Honed AoE Mind Technique +20 CHR (40 - 20 for AoE targeting) Debuffs on AGI - 25 ENR to fire.

So this is a single target beam I assume. You also can get Effects on Body Techs so perhaps something like:

Ragnarök - Epic Ranged Body Technique +45 STR (60 -15 for Ranged Targeting) Has chance to inflict Debilitating Strike and reduce Target's total Mastered ENR capacity by 75 ENR, removing this amount from the target's current resources until the effect is cured. - 75 ENR to fire.

That Debilitating Strike effect is random, other options are available for it. You could also have a 3 step Chain Sequence on it like Fling -> Crater -> Thunderclap instead of debilitating strike if you want. There's a fair amount of options in there.

The wording of this reads more like a Trait than a Technique to be honest. You could Trait for like something akin to "Successful Grapples are unbreakable for 1 turn" but you already have all your Traits locked in to my knowledge.

So, that aside, this would be like a chain Technique of Grapple into something else. So, decision to make there about what you want Arx to do with this.

Wording doesn't quite match up with how Honed levels of Fear operate but this is simple enough to rectify.

Fight or Flight - Honed Mind Technique +40 CHR Inflicts Fear: Frighten on the target for 2 or 4 turns depending on their RES check. Effect details: Target becomes frightened by the attacker. They will cease attacking entirely and will only perform defensive or supportive techniques to its own allies and will actively distance themselves from the attacker. - 25 ENR to fire.

Wording feels a little unclear but, from my interpretation, it's an RES boost, perhaps Persistent from the wording on it? So that would resolve as:

A Dragon Has No Equal - Epic Persistent Mind Technique +50 CHR [Buffs RES] - Costs 40 ENR to activate and 10 ENR per turn maintenance at the start of each turn the Technique is active.

Cool, so hopefully that vibes with what you're aiming for. Let me know if you'd like to discuss anything.
    Spirit of the moves remains in tact, so I'm perfectly fine with the changes. Can also slap something onto Gleipnir by combining free techniques to make a chain.

I'll take it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    'A dragon has no equal' could also be an effect that uses the 'negates status effect' thing that one of the other kinds of techniques gets. I think it's body. Which locks in well with RES.
    Neat. Can just flippyflop it and Fimbulvetr then.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Sorry - it’s Defensive Spirit, Purge and Purify.

Nik knows the system better, maybe the RES boost is better. The body and spirit resistance stuff doesn’t work on CHA/mind stuff, so maybe the buff is better.

Aaaaand that just gave me my Epic Mind buff I think.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-27-2023 at 06:50 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

To clarify the above, which is kind of vague and written on the phone, the Defensive 'Purge' and 'Purify' under Spirit Techs explicitly only work on spirit Status effects, and Withstand under Body techs explicitly only works on Body status effects and Spirit status effects that hit Body. So...maybe not what you want, CoR, and Nik's RES buff is far, far better as a general 'thumb your nose at any status stuff'.

On that subject, I note there is no Mind Defensive Technique. What about some kind of defensive technique with Honed and Epic levels that works against Mind Status Effects? I don't know, something like how 'Purge' works, or sometihing that provides full resistance against Mind Status Effects for X turns/X x 2 turns depending if honed or epic, or...
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

A thing that has come up when the current playtest is that I might need to nerf Mind a little again.

I've made some very small tweaks already, mostly around Mundane Techniques, but I'm thinking of allowing greater levels of defence.

Work in progress though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    To clarify the above, which is kind of vague and written on the phone, the Defensive 'Purge' and 'Purify' under Spirit Techs explicitly only work on spirit Status effects, and Withstand under Body techs explicitly only works on Body status effects and Spirit status effects that hit Body. So...maybe not what you want, CoR, and Nik's RES buff is far, far better as a general 'thumb your nose at any status stuff'.

On that subject, I note there is no Mind Defensive Technique. What about some kind of defensive technique with Honed and Epic levels that works against Mind Status Effects? I don't know, something like how 'Purge' works, or sometihing that provides full resistance against Mind Status Effects for X turns/X x 2 turns depending if honed or epic, or...
    Smoothbrain status.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Smoothbrain status.

Ahahaha....

I must say, I love the direction you've gone with the feeling of the techniques and the fluff descriptions. Fun stuff, and makes perfect sense. Gives a different feeling to Arx, very cool. I'm getting a more 'superior predator' feeling now, and the language is cool. Feels like a solid mood and theme.

Also sharpandpointies, haha, of course. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I seem to be coming down sick so I'm taking a break from development for the weekend. Brain is not in the zone right now.

It is Friday, my time, could all players who are still in development give me an update as to where you are if you have not done so already and I'll check in on Sunday.

Arx is reminding me of an Anaconda now. She'll tie you up
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Arx is reminding me of an Anaconda now. She'll tie you up
    Think Jormungandr in the body of Fenris. With a liberal dose of horror, considering her world died because she killed and ate the heroes, the BBEG, and then herself.

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

To make it AoE and therefore target everyone in an area, you would lower the CHR boost by 15 points.
    Noted, so final-ish version would look something like this.

Epic Mind Technique - Flash Emitter
    +60 CHR (+45 for Aoe)
    Enna supercharges her emitter, causing her body to emit a blinding bright flash of light either focused upon a single target or in all directions that diminishes with distance. Target's HIT stat is reduced by 75%, single-target ranged attacks can no longer hit and all Body-based Chain Technique Effects are no longer possible to execute with the exception of Thunderclap and Crater. Mind and all AoE attacks are not effected.

Persistent Techniques can't be AoE, so you could either have a single heal ability that targets multiple people or you could have the Persistent Technique which gives Enna the option to use a healing ability on a single person (in touching range) with the associated stat boost using a Basic ATK Action on her turn.
    I see, in that case I'll likely go for the former, but focus it on Mastered ENR restoration...and then use a mundane slot for a more focused healing tech.

Honed Spirit Technique - HoloNurse
    +40 PRE
    Enna generates a single, or multiple, smaller copies of herself that fly to ally targets and dematerialize into a flash of nourishing light energy that rejuvenates ENR.
    (110 ENR Restored on single target)

Mundane Spirit Technique - Medic Template
    +20 PRE
    Enna loads a medic template, allowing her to treat a single ally and heal HP.
    (45 HP restored)

Do these sound correct? (Also I assume the same -15 is applied to a multi target heal for the former?

The thing with this is how persistent you want these objects to be. If you want like "Enna creates a sword and bonks someone with it and it only exists for that attack action," or "Enna makes a key to try and open a locked door so it only exists for that lock attempt," then that's just a Honed PRE Technique there and then. If you want the objects to last longer and be things you could maintain, then it would be a Persistent Technique again.

You could also have a Defensive or Offensive Spirit Effect as well because that's parcelled in with the Technique.
    Single use is fine, since the point is to generate them as needed. As for the offensive spirit effect you mentioned...since this is honed, perhaps I can add an effect to attacks she would make with weapons made from this skill? Say perhaps a lesser surge effect from being his with a light weapon that surges on impact?

Honed Spirit Tech - Object Database
    +40 PRE
    Enna keeps a database of scanned objects she has had physical access to, and can reproduce them with her emitter temporarily as hard light copies. Copies last for a single action. When used to attack triggers disrupt.
    Lesser - Disrupt
    Attacker raises any and all active ENR costs incurred by the target on their next turn by +15 and also lowers their passive ENR recovery by -15 at the start of their turn. This ability can be stacked with other instances of Surge effects though the enhanced cost will still only apply to a single turn and will end when the turn of the target ends.

Something like this?

If you want to play unoptimally, that's totally fine by me haha.

So you can either have it be Persistent and it will be a better disguise or you can have it be a single use Technique to change form with the initial check getting the boost and any subsequent checks being made with her default CHR score.

Your choice.
    Eh, I like to sprinkle a bit of uneven flavor into things....also it makes since for it to not be a persistent tech in light of it using the same emitter her normal body. (iow, by the logic of it being persistent, she would need to be paying it all the same just to have a regular body)

Mundane Mind Technique - Disguise
    +20 CHR
    Enna can scan objects or people in her local environment and readjust her emitter to change her default body into the desired object temporarily. Initial check made against detecting her in this form will run off the bonus, and future checks off her base CHR.

I may shift some points over to CHR for this and the flash tech though just to even things out a bit.

Retired Overlord

Think Jormungandr in the body of Fenris. With a liberal dose of horror, considering her world died because she killed and ate the heroes, the BBEG, and then herself.
    *Chuckles in sinister unknowable knowledge*

I’ll be finished with Tzachanothel by the end of the weekend. It won’t be perfect but it’ll be ready to go.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I’ll be finished with Tzachanothel by the end of the weekend. It won’t be perfect but it’ll be ready to go.
    Awesome!

*limit dance*
    Why are we here?

It sounds like we are on the way

Inteeeresting
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie