Page 85 of 207 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 3091

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Well, that was nonsensical, and I have no idea how that particular post got into this forum. Edit it out.
    I was confused as to why you would want to refund a pie
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    A tad weird to read, I expect!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Well, it could be a lemon pie.

And as Meat Loaf sang, “Life is a lemon and I want my money back.”
    Chief Curmudgeon

Nik - You’ve obviously assessed how Body, Spirit & Mind affects work with Persistent Techniques, but have I missed clarification on the Recovery ones, e.g. HP & Latent ENR Recovery?

Are they even doable as Persistent?
    Chief Curmudgeon

Clever, clever Beadle.

… but do the math, as well. <-- Edit: sounds snotty, sorry - I'd had a drink and wasn't thinking about tone.

Persistent or mundane, it takes up a technique action per turn. And, if need be, you can do the same mundane twice in a turn.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-10-2022 at 05:04 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Clever, clever Beadle.

… but do the math, as well. <-- Edit: sounds snotty, sorry - I'd had a drink and wasn't thinking about tone.

Persistent or mundane, it takes up a technique action per turn. And, if need be, you can do the same mundane twice in a turn.
    Don’t worry - it didn’t sound snotty at all.

So what you’re saying is, why a) pay extra for the persistent technique, and b) limit your other options for the turn, when you could get exactly the same benefit every turn without those issues…?
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Don’t worry - it didn’t sound snotty at all.

So what you’re saying is, why a) pay extra for the persistent technique, and b) limit your other options for the turn, when you could get exactly the same benefit every turn without those issues…?
    Pretty much that. The persistent technique does have a serious impact on the price of other techniques being used (assuming one has multiple techniques). One could easily get as much out of honed technique, usable every turn and can also granting a Status Effect (defensive), PURGE or CONTROL being good choices (CONTROL being especially fun if you need to use the same technique again the next turn, PURGE for obvious reasons...).

Or one might just take a mundane one (le cheapo option). And be capable of doing it TWICE in a turn if badly hurt and needing a real boost (if one has two tech actions).

However...maybe you've spotted a reason I haven't (you often do), so I'm curious.
    Why are we here?

Honestly, no. I just saw that there weren’t rules for Persistent versions of those techs, so I just wondered.

My brain is still slowly acclimatising to the rules so I’ve yet to start really stress-testing.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Small update.

Miburo has contacted me and says he's still up for playing. Says he should be able to put some work into Maximo in the coming days.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Nik - You’ve obviously assessed how Body, Spirit & Mind affects work with Persistent Techniques, but have I missed clarification on the Recovery ones, e.g. HP & Latent ENR Recovery?

Are they even doable as Persistent?
    Ergh, my intention was that they weren't available for Persistent.

File those to be looked at this week, along with the final Body Offensive Techniques.

Then don't worry about making 'em persistent. ^_^ Spare yourself the pain.

Given that persistent techniques steal a Technique action to maintain, having a Persistent Healing or Recovery tech isn't all that great, math-speaking. It's better in some ways to just have a honed or mundane healing technique and use that technique action to fire it off every round. The only advantage to a persistent one in this case would be for Epic techniques, allowing them to get the Greater Status Effect benefit for a cheaper price than a regular Epic technique (also less of a healing bonus, but if it's the status effect that is the focus, then...).
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Small update.

Miburo has contacted me and says he's still up for playing. Says he should be able to put some work into Maximo in the coming days.
    Old Man Miburo lives.

Probably still recovering from his oral defense and subsequent afterparty. Or you know, the MiburoSleep™ cometh.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So we have potentially EIGHT people.

Let's see how many we end up with! ^_^
    Why are we here?

Can't wait for it to start!
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Name: Nanashi
    Race: Human
    Gender/Pronouns: She/Her
    Physical Description:

Nanashi stands at the barely above average height of 165cm, her raven hair jutting haphazardly out from underneath the brim of a tattered straw jingasa. Her outfit typically consists of a black leather trench coat, tattered slim-fit jeans, a pair of battered leather combat boots, and a black tanktop; with a pack of cigarettes jutting out from one of several pockets.
    ...wait a minute, is that Vivian?! >:U

Well, huge thanks to granpagen who has finished Krys's portrait(s). O_o And has done a fine job of encapsulating them! I will post (from my phone, because work doesn't like Imgur) them momentarily.

Thank you to everyone who has tossed their hats in the ring for pics as well! I feel the process really helped me better nail down my character's appearance.
    Why are we here?