Page 10 of 207 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Loving this energy.
    I stay in my character!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

Possible place holder.

I'm starting to come around on this one.

Slots:

Body: 1 Epic, 1 Honed
    Spirit: 1 Epic, 2 Honed
    Mind: 1 Honed

10 Mundane/Free Slots

Body Techniques: 1 Epic Slot, 1 Honed Slot. Using 2 Mundane Slots for another Honed Tech

Mundane

Honed

Deadly Withdrawal [Dodge Technique] [+40 AGI]: Carbon fiber reflexes tighten as Jane dodges in a backwards pattern, moving up to 30% of current movement value [0.3*127 standard = 38] upon a Perfect Dodge or 15% on an imperfect Dodge [19]. In addition to this, Jane gains Regenerate. (-25 ENR)

Death Denial (D.R.A.M.A System) [+40 SPD]. Jane's D.R.A.M.A system, upon taking damage with zero RAC points to offer other defensive countermeasures, will pull her into the nebulous and shadowy realm of the Death Dimension. This moves Jane in the direction that has the fewest hostile enemies, aiming to place her in a place with no enemies within 15 feet of her position. The maximum distance she may move is her Movement Value [128] + Technique Boost [80] = [208]. Jane does not pick the direction, this will be decided by the GM and the aforementioned definition metric. The description of the Death Dimension in the current space can also be added some flavor to by the GM. The D.R.A.M.A System effectively teleports her out of danger by removing her from the field until the start of her next turn. While in the Death Dimension, she will not be able to perform interruptions nor will she be aware of what is transpiring on the field while she is in transit. As she is disoriented by the transition, system processing lag demands she be moved to the end of the turn order for the next round.(-25 ENR)

Epic
    Used for Graveyard Revengeance.

Spirit Techniques:1 Epic Slot, 2 Honed Slots. Using 6 Mundane Slots for another 3 Honed Slots

Honed

Heart of Darkness [+30 PRE (-10 for Ranged attack)] - Something stirs within Jane, a calculation for concern for others, but from where Jane knows not. Jane's chest splits open and unlike the weaponlike facsimiles she typically uses for her attacks, this one looks exactly like a human heart, pulsing somehow despite it's metallic form. In this time Jane's greenish energy changes instead of an eerie yellow, too bright perhaps, and the energies leave the hearts ventricles and openings, connecting in an unbroken stream like the flow of blood throughout a larger body. The target of the heartflow regains [90] Mastered ENR if on an ally or ([PRE + 30]/2 - 25) = [20] Mastered ENR if used on herself. (-25 ENR)

Mark of Death (Death Magnetic) [+30 PRE (-10 for Ranged attack)] [Reach Out] - Jane's right arm extends and the metal of her arm opens from down the middle to the sides of her arm. A chrome sniper rifle rises from it's hiding position. After a moment's pause, she fires. A successful attack slams a Blackstone Bullet into the target's head or similar special weak point, inflicting Dizzy. (-25 ENR)

Death Blossom (Death Magnetic) [+10 PRE (-10 for Ranged attack, -20 for AoE)] - The sides of Jane's hands open up and thin twin chrome revolvers slide up perfectly in firing position into her palms. She then begins to spin like a top with a startup and form improbable to say the least for a normal human physiology, firing in a multiple directions and striking multiple targets. An alternate visual representation of this in cases of targets not surrounding her simply involves her remaining in place while blasting away with both revolvers, her hands a blur as a fusillade of Blackstone bullets demolish her enemies. Such a barrage of bullets is spewed forth that Jane effectively lays down suppressing fire, forcing the opponents to keep their heads down and lowering their accuracy with a Stiffen effect.(-25 ENR)

Doom Artillery (Death Magnetic) [+10 PRE (-10 for Ranged attack, -20 for AoE)] [Reach Out]- Jane leans backwards until horizontal, supported by her hands, as a gleaming cannon emerges from her stomach. It fires with a louder report than the standard weapons and a Blackstone projectile sized up to mortar shell proportions slams into her target, exploding in a violent green flash. The wounds inflicted by this attack can rot opponent's souls, inflicting Poison on anyone caught in the blast zone. (-25 ENR)

Hunter-Killer Mode [Persistent] [+25 SKI] - The green aura of energies in Jane's ambient deathly energies shimmers and seems to lessen in quantity, but brightens around specific areas around her eyes, hands, and feet, as well as changing colors; at times the green fades into a sickly yellow before fading back. She becomes even quicker and more accurate, her systems working in even greater efficiency and her movements more difficult to overcome. In this design Jane draws ever closer to the god of Death. And so she has his favor: activating this technique applies the status effect of Awareness to Jane, making her a thornier target that will puncture attempts to assail her with even more precise Counter Attacks. (+25 SKI for all Counter Attacks) (-15 ENR to activate, -5 ENR each turn, -10 to each technique to follow)

Epic

Graveyard Reveangance (Death Magnetic) [+25 PRE (-15 for Ranged attack, -20 for AoE)]/[+22 AGI (Halved for additional Epic slot, -8 for ranged)] - The underside of Jane's arms split open and two hose-like constructs emerge, running the full length of her arms. She bends over and unlike her more standard Death Magnetic attacks begins shooting emerald fire from them, seemingly into the ground itself. Opponents are treated to a deadly surprise as disembodied arms made from this same fire rise up from the earth and attack them in a large radius, savagely ripping at them and burning more than their flesh and frame. This attack extracts a heavy toll on opponents' souls, dealing Concuss: Stun as they attempt to cope. Jane caps this attack off by targeting a single enemy with an especially large group of arms and using to slip behind the opponent of choice with a Shadow Walk. (-95 ENR)

Mind Techniques:1 Honed Slot. Using 2 Mundane Slots for another Honed Tech

Honed

Immortal Technique [+40 CHR] - Jane's eyes dim for a moment, then suddenly reappear in a smaller, more intense glow as she is imbued with enhanced vision of enemy weak points by Nekro. Targeting diagnostics fill her field of view as she gains a buff of +19 to PRE.(-25 ENR)

When applied to others, beneficiaries of this technique describe it as being similar to experiencing a heads up display in the immediate visual sense, displaying weakpoints and ideal areas to strike. However, they also describe feeling a disconcerting presence in their head, which is not Jane. It feels cold, and alien. The consolation is that it seems fairly disinterested in the user, or distracted. Jane does not usually mention or refer to this when prompted for information. She also seems puzzled when some mention that at times it was as if their attacks were guided directly by this force, knives slipping into places truer than the users could find themselves, shots placed more perfectly.

Nekromantia [+40 CHR] - Jane's systems begin to whir, emitting a whine pitched in a frequency that is not audible in the physical plane. Spirits nearby begin to flow into her head as she communes with them to gain further insight. Her glowing eyes change from orbs to the improbable vision of glowing skulls inside her eye sockets, which themselves seem to have glowing skulls inside their eye sockets, ad infinitum. Her system processes these changes as the whirring becomes audible to the human ear, or perhaps those are high pitched screams? She gains a buff of +19 to BRA as she begins seeing not only the physical world but the spirits within the bodies she perceives.(-25 ENR)

When applied to others, beneficiaries of this technique describe it as, in one word, haunting. The knowledge flows into their head from many voices in varying volumes, ages, sexes, and accents, as they do not have the proper filtering from systems as Jane does. Jane seems unconcerned when issues with this are brought up, partially out of lack of concern, partially because she cannot understand. The consolation for those who aren't Jane when they are hit with this technique is that after it the boost vanishes they no longer can recall any details of the experience beyond the basics as described. They can't name a single person or distinguishing feature in the haze, even though the technique will usually be guided by a one of the more prominent spirits in the area, who will speak to the user as if they've known them for years. This fact may not in fact, comfort them entirely either, but at very least they can't remember it all.

See linked post for character description
    See linked post for traits
    Last edited by Postmania; 05-01-2023 at 03:04 AM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Okay, Kinu stat block time.

Both traits are fine. Technically you're bending the rules on stat allocation with Squared Circle but the maths checks out so I'm fine with it.

Your sync totals look to be a bit off and therefore math on your HP was off. Correcting them in underlined. Otherwise looks good, though I have some suggestions to make her a little more optimal once the patch notes drop.

I see questions about Techniques, a bunch of the new patch notes have a lot more information and options for Technique construction so leaving this be. I will say that one of the new systems was specifically built with Kinu in mind to the point that I even have a Technique in mind to offer to her as a freebie.

But on the whole, looks good.
    Note to self: edit numbers after sleep so brain add good x_x Builds and Traits both contribute to Sync, thanks for the clarification.

I'll likely take another swing at tweaking the stats after the system fix to figure out where I can have her specialize...and I'll probably have that biographical information up in a day or so

For now I suppose I have a couple questions:

1) Squared Circle is a holdover ability from Oblitus; Kinu sorta warped the area around her so she could bounce off of them or soften landings. I figured Agility/Speed would be the closest enough to this sort of an effect localized to her person, but was wondering if there might be some other avenue to pursue with regards to something like this?

3) What's the difference between status-based attacks that would attack PRE vs CHA? What sort of attributes would that affect?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Name: Jane Doe
    Race: Necrobot or Necron
    Nice to have more non-humans in the mix. Like a bit of sci-fi as well.

Traits/Proficiencies:

Death Becomes Her [20 SKI] - Jane infuses her attacks with additional necromantic energy.
    Stat 1 - SKI + 10
    Stat 2 - PRE + 10
    Effect: When she uses any offensive technique/debuff while channeling this trait, she has two options
    A) She chooses one of the following stats to gain a +10 bonus in:
    -PRE
    -BRA
    -AGI
    -DUR
    -RES

B) She chooses to gain +10 in ENR for the offensive technique/debuff as she casts it.

She makes this choice every time she casts an offensive technique
    Hmm... couple of thoughts on this.

1) Two optional effects on a single trait is a bit much I think.
    2) For the first part, I'm not sure I follow the logic of the stats you've chosen that she buffs. Like, she's attacking someone else but... some of her defensive or offensive stats get a small boost from the attack? What's the intended effect here?
    3) Is this on Technique use only? It reads like it might be but I'm not sure.
    4) You say +10 ENR to a technique that she uses, I assume you mean a -10 ENR so it costs her less, right?

Rise From Your Grave! [20 SKI] - Jane infuses her defensive techniques/buffs with unholy lifeforce sourced from unknown realms.
    Stat 1 - DUR + 10
    Stat 2 - PRE + 10
    Effect: When she uses any defensive technique/buff while channeling this trait she chooses one of the following stats to apply a +10 bonus to:
    -STR
    -AGI
    -SPD
    -DUR
    -RES

At the same time the newfound strength, being unholy, also apllies a -10 reduction to one of the following stats which she determines
    -BRA
    -PRE
    -CHA
    -SKI

She also can use this outside of obvious combat purposes to bring corrupted growth to various objects in a [GM Dependant] fashion. For example, perhaps she could grow a dessicated tree back to unnatural health to block a projectile, or even bring someone dead to a state of dimished existence akin to a zombie or a ghost.
    Again, kind of the same issue, having two optional moves, both multiple options themselves on a single trait which also has the unique game mechanic of loosely resurrecting the dead seems way too much.

Going to have to ask for some cuts here.

Looking forward to stats and Techniques!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    For now I suppose I have a couple questions:

1) Squared Circle is a holdover ability from Oblitus; Kinu sorta warped the area around her so she could bounce off of them or soften landings. I figured Agility/Speed would be the closest enough to this sort of an effect localized to her person, but was wondering if there might be some other avenue to pursue with regards to something like this?
    I see, AGI is definitely the right place to commit to initially. That covers climbing, navigating difficult terrain and surviving landings.

3) What's the difference between status-based attacks that would attack PRE vs CHA? What sort of attributes would that affect?
    Patch Notes will make this way clearer. Short hand, CHR governs pretty much all major status effects - it can be used to effect any stat currently in your character sheet by way of technique. PRE will have it's own set of status effects which more specific and differently optimised.

Just vetting Didsy and Rai. An interesting concept for a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Physical Block
    HP: 66
    Effective MAX Life: 1066

STR: 10 (ba) + 10 (bu) + 10 (tr) + 0 (sy) = 30
    AGI: 10 (ba) + 0 (bu) + 20 (tr) + 0 (sy) = 30
    SPD: 10 (ba) + 0 (bu) + 0 (tr) + 4 (sy) = 14
    DUR: 10 (ba) + 0 (bu) + 10 (tr) + 4 (sy) = 24
    RES: 10 (ba) + 0 (bu) + 0 (tr) + 2 (sy) = 12

Mental Block
    BRA: 10 (ba) + 10 (bu) + 0 (tr) + 0 (sy) = 20
    PRE: 10 (ba) + 0 (bu) + 0 (tr) + 0 (sy) = 10
    CHR: 10 (ba) + 0 (bu) + 0 (tr) + 2 (sy) = 12

Esoteric Block
    SKI: 40 base + 40 (bu) + 0 (tr) 0 (syn) = 80
    ENR: 10 base [100 ENR] + 90 (bu) + 0 (sy) = 1000
    RUM: 3
    RAC: (1 + 25 (BRA) + 26 (SPD) = 34/50) = 1.68 therefore 1 effective RAC point
    Syncs are off, I have made corrections underlined.

TRAITS

LOP-EL COMBO (STR +10/DUR +10) - Didy's demihuman strength and resilience is reenforced by Rai bracing her body with her prehensile threads. When Didsy is wearing Rai, grant a +10 to strength rolls for both combat and strength-based challenges, and a +10 to durability as an armor effect. If the two are seperated, they lose this bonus.

SOLO RAI (AGI +20) - Rai is a fully separate entity unto herself, animated by her own natural String Magic, and has a mind and voice of her own to pitch in with a given sitution. She can easily strip herself off Didsy to act on her own. She generally won't do this except for special circumstances, however.
    A note, Traits cannot be a flat +20. They have to split between two stats at a ratio of either +10/+10 or +15/+5, so you would need to tweak your second one.

While separated, Didsy and Rai lose their Trait Bonuses. Mechanically, every action Rai takes is checked against base stats of 10. Rai takes 500 ENR from Didsy's pool, and will burn through a minimum of 10 ENR every round, even if she does not use any techniques. Likewise, any damage Rai takes depletes her ENR meter equivalent to however much HP she would have lost.
    This is a fun idea, interested to see what you do.

TECHNIQUES
    STRING MAGIC: WHIP THREADS - (Basic Technique, 10 SKI, 10 ENR, +20 SPD)
    Didsy and/or Rai will lash an opponet from a distance with threads that hit with telekinetically enhanced force of a bullwhip. These can be used for slicing or lashing strikes.

STRING MAGIC: BIND UP - (Basic Technique, 10 SKI, 10 ENR, +20 AGI)
    Didsy and/or Rai will "lasso" a target and rapidly bind them in a copious length of thread that is re-enforced by their power to be exceptionally strong. Opponents must make checks to escape the binding.

STRING MAGIC: SELF-REPAIR - (Basic Technique, 10 SKI, 10 ENR, +20 PRE)
    Rai, being an Elsy, can use String Magic to repair herself like a basic healing spell or regeneration spell. Didsy likewise can use String Magic on her. This will restore 30 ENR to Rai in the event she is separated from Didsy.

FLESH MAGIC: MENDING - (Basic Technique, 10 SKI, 10 ENR, +20 PRE)
    Didsy can use Flesh Magic to repair wounds. Didsy can recover 30 HP for herself or someone else.

FIRE MAGIC: FLAME BLAST - (Basic Technique, 10 SKI, 10 ENR, +20 STR)
    Didsy can project a flame-thrower like tongue of flame at a target.

SKY MAGIC: FLIGHT - (Basic Technique, 10 SKI, 10 ENR, +20 AGI)
    Didsy can fly to reach places or better dodge attacks. She should be able to do this at any time, but for the sake of game mechanics, we'll say she can do it short bursts.

SKY MAGIC: THUNDER FLASH - (Basic Technique, 10 SKI, 10 ENR, +20 STR)
    Didsy unleashes a thunderous boom and blinding flash along with a sudden burst of static electricity, while she herself buffered from the effect. While this does no real damage, it replicates the sensation of being near a lightning strike, and in combat functions as a flashbang to briefly stagger and disorient an opponent. (Ideally should disorient them for one round, but if that counts as "persistent", then I'll swap this out.)

SHADOW MAGIC: DARK FORM - (Basic Technique, 10 SKI, 10 ENR, +20 CHR)
    Didsy can wreathe herself in a cloak of shadows that causes her form to become completely invisible in dark spaces, or even significantly shaded areas. This isn't just a sheath of pure darkness, the shadow bends light around her so that she could hide in the shade of a tree even on a bright, sunny day.
    For consistency of nomenclature, lowest level techniques are "Mundane". Also the decision to have a lot of low level stuff when you have sooo much Energy and decent SKI is kind of wild. You could do some really big gun stuff and might wish to given that your attack power is comparatively low, techniques could offset that deficit.

Also, the patch notes will give you a lot more to work with.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 10-11-2022 at 01:56 AM.

Okay, since I've teased them for a while, it's time to get into the Patch Notes. Some things may be iterated on further, I've discussed openly that I'm still thinking and testing certain systems but I'd rather get players thinking about the new tools and game mechanics at their disposal.

Patch notes - Ver. 1.1
    Largely buffs, new systems and better codifying certain existing systems. I will be providing a revised profile skeleton to account for the new systems and will go around trying to fit all of this information into the opening posts were possible. This post will also be linked to on the first post of the thread.

- HP is now derived from the following formula. (STR*1.5)+(DUR*2)+(RES*0.75) to the nearest round number. I will list all new health values for the cast as follows and will mark how much additional HP you have gained:

> Krys: - NEW HP: 50 / NEW EFFECTIVE MAX: 270 [+10 HP]
    > Didsy and Rai - NEW HP: 102 / NEW EFFECTIVE MAX: 1102 [+ 36 HP]
    > Arxiros "Arx" Irosaan - NEW HP: 202 / NEW EFFECTIVE MAX: 402 [+50 HP]
    > The Great Kinu - NEW HP: 165 / NEW EFFECTIVE MAX: 335 [+57 HP]
    > Alice - NEW HP: 72 / NEW EFFECTIVE MAX: 342 [+20 HP]
    > Ray Bestia - NEW HP: 169 / NEW EFFECTIVE MAX: 269 [+61 HP]
    > Jane Doe - NEW HP: ??? / NEW EFFECTIVE MAX: ??? [+?? HP]

The reason for this is to make HP both more plentiful, make DUR a more valuable as a stat, make STR a little more valuable as a stat and nerf RES a little because of the next change.

- Combat Actions are formally understood as Movement action, Basic ATK action and Technique action.

Basic ATK can be used as a second Movement action. An active Persistent Technique automatically counts for one Technique Action. This is, partly, to make combat easier to follow but also makes Persistent Techniques a little less powerful if you don't have an additional Technique Action.

- SPD stat equates to movement per phase in feet. If your total SPD stat goes over 50, you get a second basic ATK action per phase.

This is to better codify how movement will work and make SPD a little more directly applicable. You cannot burn two ATK actions per turn to get triple movement, only one additional movement action can be used for Movement.

- SKI over 50 gives a second Technique ATK action per phase.

As discussed above, to give SKI-based builds the ability to make use of higher level Techniques while using Persistent Techniques.

- AGI over 50 gives +1 additional RAC point.

This is to make Dodge Centric characters a bit more viable, makes AGI a little more valuable.

One of the big ones here:

- New STR based status effects; Grapple, Fling and Crater. These can be applied to all levels of STR technique, 1 on Mundane, 2 in honed and all 3 on Epic.

Having all these wrestlers around got me thinking.

- Grapple: ATK STR vs Target's STR or SKI. On a successful hit, attacker grabs the target at the end of their turn. At start of the target's turn, they must make the outlined strength/skill check to see if they break the grapple. If they do then the target loses 1 basic attack action for that turn and their movement is halved, if they fail and don't have ENR/RUM to cover the shortfall then they can take no action. If they burn ENR to cover the escape then 1 Technique action is gone for that turn rather than basic ATK. If the grapple holds, on the attacker's next turn, they can either choose to extend the hold (repeat the process) and sacrifice their turn. Doing so will mean that at the next check any technique buffs will be gone unless they are buffed by another player before the target's next turn. Alternatively they can choose to end the hold and take a free basic attack action at the start of their turn by slamming the opponent. They will then have their full turn as normal.

- Fling: ATK STR vs AGI or SKI. On successful hit, the target is sent flying [effective STR ATK] in feet in the direction of the attacker's choosing. At the start of the target's next turn, they must check their AGI/SKI vs ATK STR. On success, they land with no additional damage. On failure they take [ATK STR] - [AGI/SKI] as landing damage. If an ally attacks the target in flight before the target's turn starts, this will add the ally's basic ATK score to the check and will inflict Crater on the final damage. If the attacker chooses to throw the target at a suitably durable object that is within a distance less than 1/2 the total distance of the Fling, then Crater will automatically be inflicted if the target fails the check.

- Crater: 20% PC STR Damage Boost. Simply a damage boost. If an attack Craters, the attacker hits them with such force that it blasts a crater in the ground. This adds [20% of the attacker's base STR stat] as additional damage and the target's movement at the start of their next turn is lowered to zero.

- STR status effects can chain in the following ways:

- Grapple can chain into Fling or Crater.
    - Fling can chain into Crater.
    - Crater ends a combo and cannot chain in a single Technique. Having multiple Craters on a single technique stacks them.

- STR over 50 gives basic ATK attacks auto Fling of ([STR stat] -25) feet.

This will scale up as well so this means that 75 STR gives 50 Fling, 100 STR gives 75 Fling etc. However, the player will not be able to pick the direction as they can on a Technique, the opponents hit will be sent "away" from them at the GM's discretion. Using Fling as part of a Technique, will give you more control.

- PRE now has unique status effects to apply to techniques.

See this post here for details.

These cannot be applied to Mundane Techniques. You can put 1 lesser on a Honed Technique and 1 greater or 2 lesser on an Epic Technique.

- CHR status effects are now codified in the following way.

See this post here for details. A pretty comprehensive guide to how more specific CHR Techniques work and are constructed.

- Surprise Attacks: Gain +25 to HIT and ATK checks if an opponent is taken off guard. The target cannot use RAC points to actively defend on any surprise attacks. Damage will be doubled and also duplicated between both HP and Mastered ENR.

In practical terms, this will synergise with stealth attempts, hide actions and CHR techniques that remove enemy attention from you. Also, if PCs get jumped, there is a gameplay consequence to that now.

- Hitting Zero on HP has been codified in the following way:

0 HP puts a player into risk of death state. In combat, on their next turn, they will drop by -5 HP. If they reach below -25 HP then they are dead. This means if you are hit to zero, you will have five turns to be rescued or you will die on your sixth turn.

If another player approaches a player at risk of death, they can sacrifice a flat 50 ENR or 1 RUM point to bring the other player back. This ENR/RUM will all be converted into HP, covering whatever negative deficit incurred while they were down.

- Counters: AoEs cannot be Countered

Probably more to come on Counters but just wanted to get that into law. I also have some rules about Ranged Attacks vs Melee Attacks and Counters so watch this space for more.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 03-02-2023 at 06:29 AM.

STAT SKELETON Ver. 1.1
    INITIAL XP: 150

Physical Block
    HP: Derived from (STR*1.5)+(DUR*2)+(RES*0.75)
    Effective MAX Life: HP + ENR

STR: 10 base + (BUILD) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC) = TOTAL STAT
    AGI: 10 base + (BUILD) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC) = TOTAL STAT
    SPD: 10 base + (BUILD) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC) = TOTAL STAT
    DUR: 10 base + (BUILD) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC) = TOTAL STAT
    RES: 10 base + (BUILD) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC) = TOTAL STAT
    RES Specialisation: Derived from RES (BUILD) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC). For each +10 RES, allocate a corresponding -10 toward either PRE or CHR

Mental Block
    BRA: 10 base + (BUILD) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC) = TOTAL STAT
    PRE: 10 base + (BUILD) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC) = TOTAL STAT
    CHR: 10 base + (BUILD) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC) = TOTAL STAT

Esoteric Block
    SKI: 40 base + (BUILD) + (TRAIT) = TOTAL STAT
    ENR: 10 base [100 ENR] + (BUILD) + (SYNC) = TOTAL STAT
    RUM: 3
    RAC: Defined by the formula 1+([BRA TOTAL] + [SPD TOTAL])/50 [+1 if AGI = 50 or more]

Movement: Derived from [SPD] in feet.
    Basic ATK Actions: 1+ [1 if SPD = 50 or more]
    Technique Actions: 1+ [1 if SKI = 50 or more]

System becoming more complex. More complex can be good because more options and more potential for the system to avoid the whole 'one stat is the big hammer'. More complex can be bad because bogging down and more possibility for exploits to creep in.

Continues to interest me! Will wait for final rules to finish off Krys.

...that didn't sound good, but I'm sure my point is clear.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I wonder if we're going to get the ridiculousness of people looking at each others characters and designing their combat stuff to beat other PCs.

Have seen this before; always boggles me.
    Why are we here?

SPIRIT BASED STATUS EFFECTS
    Spiritual Effects are categorised as Greater or Lesser. A Honed Spiritual Technique can have 1 Lesser, an Epic Technique can have 2 Lesser or 1 Greater. Different Spiritual Effects will hit on a variety of affinities across the Body/Spirit/Mind matrix so the level of Affinity based resistance will depend on the Technique used. Affinities will be noted accordingly in the below listing.

OFFENSIVE EFFECTS
    These are effects applied to attacking Techniques that have a component that hits on PRE. Unless otherwise stated a Dodge (Perfect or Imperfect) will prevent a Spiritual status effect as the inference is that the target dodged the attack and was not touched therefore no effect could be transmitted.

A Perfect Counter will also prevent the effect from happening as the target's SKI is high enough to completely negate the blow and effect while hitting back. An Imperfect Counter will not stop the effect and, even though damage is mitigated and the target strikes back, an effect will still be partaken as the implication is that while you are good enough to counter, you are still taking at least some of the hit in the process of doing so therefore the effect will be transmitted.

Whether the technique takes hold is further decided by a positive or negative RES score. It is a simple pass/fail based on a positive/negative RES check. The target can choose to spend Mastered ENR to cover the deficit of their RES failure and avoid the effects.

CHAIN
    Allows for the addition of regular attacks on the end of the initial Technique damage. The follow up attacks will be treated as whichever damage type the attacker selects to use.

Persistent Technique: Procs on Basic ATK when used, otherwise unchanged.

Lesser: Follow-through
    Allows a free basic attack at half damage on either the target or a nearby enemy within 1/2 of the attacker's normal movement range. Free attack will still be attempted on the target or a nearby opponent even if the target Dodges the initial attack. Even on two misses, should they choose to dodge, a single target still has to burn 2 RAC points for this turn leaving them more vulnerable. Perfect Counter will prevent the Chain Status from happening as the attacker has been interrupted.

Greater: Flurry
    Allows three basic attacks (No Technique boost) which will inflict half damage on the target or on up to two individual enemies within 25% of the attacker's normal movement range. Free attacks will still be attempted on the target or nearby enemies even if the target Dodges the initial attack. Even on four misses, should they choose to dodge, a single target still has to burn 4 RAC points for this turn. Perfect Counter will prevent the Chain Status from happening as the attacker has been interrupted.

ENFEEBLE
    Interferes with the target's ability to attack and applies a debuff to their offensive actions for one turn. Affinity: Spirit

Lesser - Blunt
    Lower target's damage on all attacks made by -15 until the end of their next turn. This ability can be stacked with other instances of Blunt or Break. Doubly effective on Spirit based attacks (-30)

Greater - Break
    Lower target's damage on all attacks made by -30 until the end of their next turn. This ability can be stacked with other instances of Blunt or Break. Doubly effective on PRE based attacks (-60)

BLEED
    This is going to be described in terms of bleed but can be used for and other types of attack that inflict a small-scale persistent damage effect (Poison/Fire/Acid/etc.) Allows the attacker to bypass Latent ENR HP and deal damage to Core HP damage directly. Bleed status effects can be removed by a healer using a healing technique on the afflicted target or another countering status effect. Affinity: Body

Persistent Technique: Procs on Basic ATK when used. Rupture can only inflict the initial 20 burst damage once per cycle of Bleed effects, attacking further will only stack on the 5 Persistent DMG.

Lesser - Lacerate
    Target takes -5 Core HP damage at the start of their turn for the next 3 turns or they can burn a flat 15 Mastered ENR at any time to cure it. If they take two turns worth of damage and wish to avoid the final -5, the cost will still be 15 Mastered ENR. This ability can be stacked or chained with other instances of Bleed type effects. If stacked, the cost to remove still remains 15 Mastered ENR regardless of how many instances are inflicted at once.

Greater - Rupture
    Target takes -20 Core HP damage immediately, this cannot be mitigated with ENR. They will then take -5 direct HP damage at the start of their turn for the next 6 turns thereafter. They can choose to burn a flat 30 Mastered ENR to cure the effect at any time. As above, the ENR cost is the same regardless of how advanced through the effect the target is. This ability can be stacked or chained with other instances of Bleed type effects. If stacked, the cost to remove still remains 30 Mastered ENR regardless of how many instances are inflicted at once.

SURGE
    Attacks which target the energy system of an opponent, forcing them to loses efficiency and raise ENR costs for Techniques. Affinity: Spirit

Lesser - Disrupt
    Attacker raises any and all active ENR costs incurred by the target on their next turn by +15 and also lowers their passive ENR recovery by -15 at the start of their turn. This ability can be stacked with other instances of Surge effects though the enhanced cost will still only apply to a single turn and will end when the turn of the target ends.

Greater - Overclock
    Attacker raises any and all active ENR costs incurred by the target by +30 for their next 3 turns and removes all passive ENR recovery for the duration of the effect. This ability can be stacked with other instances of Surge effects though the enhanced cost will still only last a maximum of three turns.

CONCUSS
    Attacks which stun or disorient an opponent to limit their abilities for one turn. Affinity: Mind

Lesser - Dizzy
    The target is dizzied for 1 turn. This will eliminate one of their offensive actions (Basic Attack/Technique Attack) and reduce their movement by 75% until the end of their turn. This effect cannot be stacked; multiple Concuss statuses will only amount to the effect of one Dizzy or Stun status effect.

Greater - Stun
    The target is stunned for 1 turn and can take no attack, movement, reaction or defence actions. At the end of their next turn, they will awaken and have a full turn of action as normal on the following round even if a new Stun is inflicted. This effect cannot be chained into itself, a target must fully awaken and have a clean turn before a new stun can be applied.

TRANSFIGURE
    This is a Greater Effect only. Affinity: Body

If the attacking Technique can hit for 90% of the target's remaining HP and they fail their RES check then the player can shape change them into a harmless/destroyed form. The target can opt to use a RUM for an autosave against this though the damage will still be taken. Transfigure can be undone with an Epic Healing technique used on the victim alone (as in not multi-cast/AoE)

To give an example here to make this clear:

Mook has 71 HP and 100 Latent ENR for an HP total of 171 and has 15 RES.

Wizard has 120 PRE and hits with an Epic Technique (+60) with Transfiguration Effect for an ATK of 180 PRE.

Mook doesn't dodge and takes 165 PRE damage (180 - 15 RES)

171 HP - 165 DMG leaves him with 6 HP so the attack has done ~96% damage to him (165/171 = 0.964). In this case, he is turned to dust.

If the Mook had 185 HP, the attack would have done 89% and therefore he would not have been transfigured.

Defensive/Buff Spiritual Status Effects can be found here.

Spirit Effects II (Offensive/Defensive)
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 05-01-2023 at 02:11 AM.

So these techniques bonuses - are they 'add-ons' to PRE techniques, or do they 'replace' bonuses?
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I wonder if we're going to get the ridiculousness of people looking at each others characters and designing their combat stuff to beat other PCs.

Have seen this before; always boggles me.
    Players are going to be strongly reminded that you are not likely to be fighting each other. I have a great many very unpleasant things to throw at you as a group so try to think about your build in terms of "what do I want to do?" and "what can other people not do?" rather than in terms of PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    So these techniques bonuses - are they 'add-ons' to PRE techniques, or do they 'replace' bonuses?
    They are in addition to the raw damage boost of Honed/Epic technique.

So an Epic Technique would, say, hit for +60 PRE Damage and also inflict Lacerate and Blunt.

EDIT: I am intending to shore up the Technique guide so better explain what can be done with it, I feel like some players are not sure which is something I'd like to fix.