Page 111 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3091
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Hey Beadle -

Edit - sonofagun it edits out art station!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Okay, lemme see.

Beads, great artist here for freaky angel/demon things. Nonstandard.

Try this https://www. .com/esuthio

In between the periods, write ‘art station’, all one word.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Coming up with thoughts and having fun with them, sent one to Nik, but what I should probably do is rewrite Jane's first scene bc my conception of her is a bit different from where it was when I wrote it originally, hmm
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Miburo has notified me that he's officially on the bench. If his schedule calms down next month we might bring Maximo in later but he's no longer a concern for game start.

I hope he finds time...
    Why are we here?

Nik - am considering one change before we start.

"If A Force Is Understood, It May Be More Easily Obviated."
    Mundane Soak Technique

Currently that's a mundane technique that gives me +20 RES.

What would the effects be if I switched that to an EPIC RES buff? I realize it's costly, but.
    Why are we here?

Not going to change anything yet, but one more prospective Trait idea for the road

Trait: Basic attacks on successful hit or imperfect dodges/counters, reduce target Maximum HP by 5. The opponent can avoid taking this, but in the process the attack reduces target Maximum Mastered ENR by 5. This counts for healing, so opponent now cannot heal past the new Maximum to original HP/ENR
    -Stephen McCranie

Been recovering from sickness over the weekend, should be able to make some decisions later this coming week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Nik - am considering one change before we start.

"If A Force Is Understood, It May Be More Easily Obviated."
    Mundane Soak Technique

Currently that's a mundane technique that gives me +20 RES.

What would the effects be if I switched that to an EPIC RES buff? I realize it's costly, but.
    +60 RES and either two Lesser Defensive Spirit Effects or one Greater one.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Not going to change anything yet, but one more prospective Trait idea for the road

Trait: Basic attacks on successful hit or imperfect dodges/counters, reduce target Maximum HP by 5. The opponent can avoid taking this, but in the process the attack reduces target Maximum Mastered ENR by 5. This counts for healing, so opponent now cannot heal past the new Maximum to original HP/ENR
    I would limit it to that they can either have -5 health reduction or spend ENR to prevent it, not that the ENR also gets reduced. Scamming a bit of extra ENR away could be kind of clutch in a number of situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

I would limit it to that they can either have -5 health reduction or spend ENR to prevent it, not that the ENR also gets reduced. Scamming a bit of extra ENR away could be kind of clutch in a number of situations.
    Hm, close enough, good to know.
    -Stephen McCranie

Been recovering from sickness over the weekend, should be able to make some decisions later this coming week.
    Sorry to hear, but glad you're feeling better!

+60 RES and either two Lesser Defensive Spirit Effects or one Greater one.
    Arrgh. Sorry, wasn't clear enough.

Epic Mind Technique - CHA buff to RES. How much RES would it give me, given my own resistance to my own buffs?
    Why are we here?

Eagerly anticipating this. Starting to get the "grass is greener" feeling with other characters, which is a little annoying.
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Sorry to hear, but glad you're feeling better!

Arrgh. Sorry, wasn't clear enough.

Epic Mind Technique - CHA buff to RES. How much RES would it give me, given my own resistance to my own buffs?
    Ah, gotcha, that's the sick brain there not following along very well haha.

So, with an Epic Mind Tech, the maths for Krys would go as follows:

([Krys CHR: 10] + [Tech Mod: 60] = 70)/2 = +35 Stat Boost - [Krys RES: 10/2 = 5] - [Krys RES/2 (5) * Damage Reduction Score: 18.42% = 0.921] (rounded to 1) = -6 RES Deduction

So they get +29 RES for 6 turns at Epic Level. This is obviously the weakest an Epic Technique can be, as Krys' CHR is baseline versus the lowest RES defence as that is similarly baseline. Other characters will, of course, vary considerably.

If you Stack on CHR prior to casting it, you would get +34 RES for 6 Turns.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-30-2023 at 02:40 AM.

Okay, here's a simple but pretty big adjustment to stat debuffs derived from Mind:

For debuffs, RES plays a bigger role. Target stats will be lowered by a value derived from:

([Base character CHR stat] + [Technique Modifier])/2 (-[Target RES)

A positive number derived from this debuff formula on the attack limits the debuff to the lesser duration and subtracts said positive number from the overall CHR attack. A negative number grants the full effect of the ATK score on the selected stat for the longer duration. If the target chooses to burn the negative number’s worth of Mastered ENR, they can lower it to full numerical effect but for the reduced turn amount.

Mundane: 1 Turn Full Effect / Until start of next Turn Reduced
    Honed: 4 Turns Full Effect / 2 Turn Reduced
    Epic: 6 Turns Full Effect / 3 Turns Reduced

Additionally, if a player wishes to burn additional Mastered ENR, they force their RES check to more positive and therefore reduce the impact of a debuff or even elminate it entirely by matching the attack value. In the case of Behavioural Effects, which are more Pass/Fail on the basis of the result of the RES check, the player must cover the entire deficit to eliminate the effect.

For an example:

Krys (RES 10) is attacked with a Honed Debuff Technique by a low level enemy (CHR 10 + 40 = 50 CHR ATK).

Factoring in their damage reduction on Mind, the initial result of the attack is that Krys gets a -13 on their RES check and is at risk of taking a -25 to a given stat for 4 Turns. They can choose to spend 13 Mastered ENR and that debuff will only last 2 turns as they will meet the threshold for the RES check.

Additionally, they can also choose to spend up to 25 Mastered ENR to reduce the debuff's impact or eliminate it. To fully elminate the debuff, would cost them total of 38 Mastered ENR.
    Emphasis on the new stuff.

Mundane change has been added because the whole RES check for Mundane Techs seemed a bit redundant with no actual difference between the two results. A Reduced Effect Mundane Tech is now more akin to a "moment of weakness," and could leave you vulnerable before your next turn starts depending on where you sit in the turn order.

The expansion of Mastered ENR burning for debuff defence has been implemented to give players better options for mitigating debuffs. In my playtests, I have found that they can be quite dramatically impactful, especially at severe levels, and it felt a bit bad to be just locked into potentially multiple turns of reduced capacity. It also puts more pressure on players to carefully manage their ENR resources because they are now also technically a defensive resource as well as the source of your main offensive powers.

Choosing to spend a little more ENR to lower a buff but not elminate it completely might be the right call in some circumstances.

The ENR economy remains very important. It also means high RES characters will likely have more ENR to play with offensively without having to worry about their defensive options as much.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-30-2023 at 04:55 AM.

Ah, gotcha, that's the sick brain there not following along very well haha.

So, with an Epic Mind Tech, the maths for Krys would go as follows:

([Krys CHR: 10] + [Tech Mod: 60] = 70)/2 = +35 Stat Boost - [Krys RES: 10/2 = 5] - [Krys RES/2 (5) * Damage Reduction Score: 18.42% = 0.921] (rounded to 1) = -6 RES Deduction

So they get +29 RES for 6 turns at Epic Level. This is obviously the weakest an Epic Technique can be, as Krys' CHR is baseline versus the lowest RES defence as that is similarly baseline. Other characters will, of course, vary considerably.

If you Stack on CHR prior to casting it, you would get +34 RES for 6 Turns.
    So that, right there, is far better than my '+20 RES mundane tech'. And frees up yet another mundane tech for messing around.

Am considering shifting over. With Krys's absolutely lousy CHA, anything but buffs don't make a lot of sense, and her actually affecting another person with 'powers' doesn't make sense thematically.

And I need to use that EPIC tech on SOMETHING.

Thank you!
    Why are we here?

Arrgh. Cannot decide. The issue is the ENERGY cost. 75 energy is a HUGE chunk for something that gives me basically 30 Res, when 10 Energy gives me 20 Res. Yes, it's for 6 turns, but over 6 turns it's still less, and I will probably not be using it over 6 turns.

But I want that Mundane tech back....

Hm.

Epic Speed boost tech would give me two mundane techs BACK. But then the speed boost would be super-costly as well.

Epic social tech feels like a waste, given that I'm already past 30 just using a honed one.

Nik, thoughts?
    Why are we here?