Page 5 of 207 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

My interest in joining this game is solely to do with whether or not it will go the way of Underbelly.

Is it a "launch and forget", will it require a dedicated GM, or is thread largely to 'stress test' the skill system?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    My interest in joining this game is solely to do with whether or not it will go the way of Underbelly.

Is it a "launch and forget", will it require a dedicated GM, or is thread largely to 'stress test' the skill system?
    This thread is to primarily stress test and also gauge interest.

Currently we have, at best, maybe three players which isn't really enough to run the game. Were it to run, it would require a GM [specifically me] because of sheer system knowledge and the combat engine I've built will make things way easier to operate than for someone else.

I could give them the engine and explain its use so that's an option I guess.

At the moment, if I were to launch it, I'd intend to run it through. That said, I know I have abandoned games with considerably more interest so your trepidation is quite understandable. At the moment, my enjoyment of the system and the interest in seeing it run in an actual play situation is driving me stronger than other games I have run in the past.

I'm also intending to plan the campaign a bit better so that will help the stress of GMing.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 10-05-2022 at 08:02 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Currently we have, at best, maybe three players which isn't really enough to run the game.
    No? O_o

Maaan, I like small groups. Means I don't get left behind.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    No? O_o

Maaan, I like small groups. Means I don't get left behind.
    I also prefer smaller numbers, my happy number is like 4 - 6 max.

Allows for suitably complex of encounters and a large enough group that player to player interaction can be a bit varied. 3 alone would be a bit too insular for me and puts more emphasis on the work of the GM to provide stuff for the players to do.

Given just enough people and they can make their own drama to some degree.

Allows for suitably complex of encounters and a large enough group that player to player interaction can be a bit varied. 3 alone would be a bit too insular for me and puts more emphasis on the work of the GM to provide stuff for the players to do.

Given just enough people and they can make their own drama to some degree.
    That's fair. I've played a lot of PBP games with those numbers.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

This thread is to primarily stress test and also gauge interest.

Currently we have, at best, maybe three players which isn't really enough to run the game. Were it to run, it would require a GM [specifically me] because of sheer system knowledge and the combat engine I've built will make things way easier to operate than for someone else.

I could give them the engine and explain its use so that's an option I guess.

At the moment, if I were to launch it, I'd intend to run it through. That said, I know I have abandoned games with considerably more interest so your trepidation is quite understandable. At the moment, my enjoyment of the system and the interest in seeing it run in an actual play situation is driving me stronger than other games I have run in the past.

I'm also intending to plan the campaign a bit better so that will help the stress of GMing.
    I'd be willing to step up and co-GM (fill in, if you're not feeling it). Provided you'd be amenable to that.

Otherwise, consider me player #4.

I'll work up a profile, after work, and it seems you're severely lacking in muscle, and I have a character I'm more than happy to dust off to fill that specific niche.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Name: Arxiros "Arx" Irosaan
    Race: 'Chimera'
    Gender/Pronouns: She/Her
    Physical Description:

Standing at approximately 196cm, and weighing in at around at 110kg; she is an... Imposing... figure. Add in the decidedly draconid features- claws, tail, scales, and two horns, one broken off at the tip- and she looks more like some manner of monster. Her scales are a blend of blacks, and oranges, with flecks of gold, and cover roughtly 40% of her body (to be detailed with visuals at a later date). Her horns are solid black.

She also has what looks to be a heavy shackle around her neck, with a broken chain hanging from it.

(Right: Approximate Apperarance, Left: Scale Pattern/Coloration. Credit Right: FFXIV Au Ra, Concept Art. Credit Left: Aleriia_V (LeraPI)

Homeworld/land: "Doesn't matter now... Nobod- nothing... left worth eating..."

Bio: "I got... Rrrrr... So hungry..."

Once a slave to Baba Yaga, the Chimera that was Arxiros, was once no more than a woman... Vivien. Under Baba Yaga's hand, she suffered a great deal, one of many to be subjected to the Witch's cruel experimentation to bind the soul of a Ruin Dragon- those creatures that can only consume.... corrupt- and after years, Baba Yaga had been successful. By driving her to the brink of starving to death, Viven's soul was in want for succor; and the Ruin Dragon's soul provided it. The cost? An abomination, driven by a desire to survive, and satiate her abnormal hunger pangs, and while Viven remained in control for a time; the more she was starved, the less control she could maintain, the ruin dragon's soul eating away at more and more of Vivien's own until there was barely anything of her left. Her brief moments of lucidity, fraught with nothing but grief, and pain at what her more animalistic 'self' would do when hungry.

Something Baba Yaga used to great effect... and in the beginning, she was used to hunt rogue Witches. By starving her, and turning her loose in the area they'd last been seen, Vivien-turned-Arxiros would hunt them down, and after a brief struggle, consume them- and by doing so, absorb their magical essence- the only thing capable of beating back her corruption... for a time...

The more she consumed, the stronger she became... and the more she required. Until she reached a point where even Baba Yaga was struggling to contain her.

So she was sent to her death... spared only by a ragtag group of individuals in similar straits*. She persisted with them for a long while, the enemies they encountered, in the employ of Baba Yaga, proving enough to keep her full, and sane enough. Until they managed to challenge Baba Yaga herself... for naught. After all, Baby Yaga, the oldest Witch... the strongest, had expected this. Known that eventually the Ruin Dragon would attempt to bite the hand that feeds it, and planned accordingly. Sending her away, to 'join' the remnants of the resistance. A safeguard, of sorts. One of many.

In that final confrontation, Baba Yaga's plan came to fruition. Vivien... Arxiros... she consumed the others.

Then she was given a choice. Serve, or starve... but in the twilight of her consciousness being wholly subsumed, there was a last gasp. The veil fell away, she saw herself. All of her selves... standing in front of Baba Yaga and choosing to serve. To save themselves. Seeing that, she made her own choice, and after a colossal struggle, consumed the Grand Witch. On death's doorstep, and realizing that with the death of Baba Yaga that the barriers staving off ruination from the outside would fall; the world would end, and the cycle would repeat for her once more, she did the last thing she could.

Broke her cycle.

The Dragon consumed herself and died.

Want: I'm so... Hungry...

Traits/Proficiencies:

Níðhöggr's Ouroboros - "While gnawed at from the inside out, the Dragon eats its own tail..." - Arxiros is capable of converting various organic and non-organic materials into 'fuel' for her body, independent from normal means of nourishment. Should she not perform this conversion at least once per day, she begins to suffer a multiplicative withering effect equal to (-5xN(N=number of days) in HP until she runs out of available health, killing her.

Aspects of the Dragon (STR +10, DUR +10) - "It's pretty obvious... isn't it?" - Arx is able to inflict Lacerate on opponents with her claws, and teeth.

Jörmungandr's Eitr (DUR +10, RES +10) - "Þórr berr banaorð af Miðgarðsormi ok stígr þaðan braut níu fet. Þá fellr hann dauðr til jarðar fyrir eitri því, er ormrinn blæss á hann." - Arx can choose one target to apply a 'venom' to, on contact, which eats away at their ENR at a rate of -10 ENR (additional) per turn. She can only apply this effect to one target, per engagement.
    STATS

Maximum HP: 319
    Core HP: 239

Offensive Block
    STR: 10 + 40 + 10 + 0 = 60
    PRE: 10 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 10
    CHR: 10 + 20 + 0 + 0 = 30

Defensive Block
    DUR: 10 + 10 + 20 + 10 = 50
    RES: 10 + 40 + 10 + 6 = 66
    AGI: 10 + 10 + 0 + 0 = 20

Hit Block
    BRA: 10 + 20+ 0 + 2 = 32
    SPD: 10 + 10 + 0 + 2 = 22
    SKI: 10 10 + 0 + 0 + 4 = 14

Energy Matrix
    ENR: 20
    ENR VALUE: 200
    Latent ENR: 80
    Mastered ENR: 120
    Stack: 2.00
    RAC: 2.08
    RUM: 3
    Movement: 51
    ATK Action(s): 1
    Tech Action(s): 1
    Range: 60

Social Matrix
    Notice: 13
    Insight: 8
    Persuasion: 14
    Deception: 10
    Intimidation: 22
    Stealth: 12
    Computation: 12

Techniques

Fimbulvetr - Honed AoE Mind Technique +20 CHR (40 - 20 for AoE targeting) Debuffs on AGI - 25 ENR to fire. - "Fjölð ek fór, fjölð ek freistaðak, fjölð ek of reynda regin: Hvat lifir manna, þá er inn mæra líðr fimbulvetr með firum?" - Through concerted effort, and focus Arx begins to draw the ambient temperature in a small area into herself. Slowing an opponent or opponents, for a turn or turns. This in turn, empowers her for...

Ragnarök - Epic Ranged Body Technique +45 STR (60 -15 for Ranged Targeting) - 75 ENR to fire. - "Skelfr Yggdrasils askr standandi, ymr it aldna tré, en jötunn losnar; hræðask allir á helvegum áðr Surtar þann sefi of gleypir." - the accumulated energy is focused and expelled violently from her mouth (think Shin Godzilla). Has chance to inflict Debilitating Strike and reduce Target's total Mastered ENR capacity by 75 ENR, removing this amount from the target's current resources until the effect is cured.

[LOCKED] Gleipnir - Honed Body Technique - "Þá sendi Alföðr þann, er Skírnir er nefndr, sendimaðr Freys, ofan í Svartálfaheim til dverga nökkurra ok lét gera fjötur þann, er Gleipnir heitir." - While in combat with a single opponent, Arx can immediately initiate a Grapple (once per turn), by using her tail, allowing her to chain actions. [intended path Crater -> Thunderclap]

Fight or Flight - Honed Mind Technique +40 CHR - 25 ENR to fire. - "I don't like it when they run... but sometimes that's all they can do." - Inflicts Fear: Frighten on the target for 2 or 4 turns depending on their RES check. Effect details: Target becomes frightened by the attacker. They will cease attacking entirely and will only perform defensive or supportive techniques to its own allies and will actively distance themselves from the attacker.

A Dragon Has No Equal - Epic Persistent Mind Technique +50 CHR [Buffs RES] - Costs 40 ENR to activate and 10 ENR per turn maintenance at the start of each turn the Technique is active. - "... and who are you, mm? My next meal, nothing more." - Arx briefly boosts her mental defenses, allowing her to resist, or (in the event she is already under an effect) potentially break the hold over her. She is incapable of performing other techniques while using this. She can however move, and 'basic' attack.

Free Slots: 8

Body: 2 Honed, 1 Epic - 26.92% DMG reduction [USED]
    Spirit: 0 - 3.86% DMG reduction [USED]
    Mind: 1 Honed, 1 Epic - 19.23% DMG reduction [USED]
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 02-08-2023 at 08:32 PM.

Arx Inosaan

I'd be willing to step up and co-GM (fill in, if you're not feeling it). Provided you'd be amenable to that.

Otherwise, consider me player #4.

I'll work up a profile, after work, and it seems you're severely lacking in muscle, and I have a character I'm more than happy to dust off to fill that specific niche.
    Niiiiice. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I confess I made a character without the expectation to actually play them. I also made the character as a bit of a cop-out, to see how simple I could build a character with as minimal stat futzing as I could manage. Sorry.

If it really is just around 5 people, and the game actually fires off, I might be able to keep up, as long as I'm not having to follow a novella's worth of posts each day.

It's certainly a more intricate and robust system than is normal for board RPGs. If you have have any questions, let me know.
    Well, following the maths is one thing, but I guess I don't understand the scale we're operating on. Are we low-powered Street Levelers or Anime Speedbricks?

Right, let's have a look at Sharker.

Noticing a small trend of mysterious cosmic wanderers haha.
    The Witness wasn't a serious entry, and the more I think about him, the more I know he's going to be a pretty miserable depressive to play. I had about a half-dozen other, much more complicated characters in mind, but I wasn't sure how to really stat them out. If you want someone more punchy, or someone whose more of a supportive sorcerer type, I could go with one of my alts.

My other options considered were as follows:

A scrappy fighter with basically a Carol Danvers Cap Marvel powerset. Can fly, survive in space, is fast, is super strong, is super tough, and fires energy beams from her hands. Conceptually, she should at a minimum casually trade hits with Kryptonians and Super Saiyans.

A wandering sorceress who seeks new forms of Magic. She possesses several forms of magic studies, each with their own unique versatilities. However, she also is basically a double-character, because she comes with a living dress as her "side kick" character, who has her own magic discipline.

A wandering beast demigoddess seeking a worthy cause to fight for. Knows a general smattering of "JRPG Magic", has magical weapons, beastshifting, and authority over small mammals. She also has a built-in companion, a talking hat that is itself a powerful wizard.

My old character from Cleric's first Dragonball RPG, who was a, I think, moon-buster level five-tailed werewolf with elemental powers by the end of that game.

An NPC from my old Civero game, super strength and toughness (maybe Class 5), sword and gun combat skills enhanced by being able to channel elemental auras. Probably the weakest option.

Not sure which one looks more fitting for your game.

[In Development]

Name: Charles Wilton Premise
    Age: est. 297 actual Earth years [He'd be about the same maturity age level as a 20 y.o. human].
    Race: Luytenite [In common Earth language]
    Gender/Pronouns: he/him is fine.
    Physical Description: Images are allowed perhaps even encouraged but all profiles must have a full written description.
    Homeworld/land: Where do you hail from in this interconnected worlds? Where is home?
    Bio: For reasons of his own, Premise came to Earth. He then met a Human named Charles Wilton who gave him the name Premise and hired him as a Bodyguard and Cleaner [getting rid of his bosses' problems]. This relationship continued on for a long time, until something unfortunate happened to Mr. Wilton. At that time, Premise adopted the name and passed himself off as a distant relative and sole heir. After many years of living a life of wealth, Premise eventually became bored and sought out a new challenge.
    Want: Only those who seek something, who have that hunger for something of great value are driven beyond the boundaries of reality. What is it that you want? What drives you? And what can access to all realities offer you?

Traits/Proficiencies:
    Traits are skills or abilities that your character has or has trained. They work as a +20 applied across 2 different Stat Types at a ratio of 50:50 (+10 & +10) or 75:25 (+15 & +5) which is then additionally added on to your SKI stat. Trait points also contribute to your Sync points (see below)

Traits also add a single gameplay effect that allows the player to have an additional ability represented through a stat effect (limited to +10 per check or +5 for a persistent/passive effect). Please also use these as an opportunity to provide flavour and context to your character. The 40 base SKI on the profile skeleton, already accounts for the presence of your first two traits.

Trait Examples:

Regeneration (RES +15 / DUR +5) - Player can regenerate HP damage taken (+5 HP per combat phase). Cannot regenerate from zero HP, cannot exceed HP maximum.

Flight mutation (SPD +10 / AGI +10) - Player can now fly. Gain a +10 SPD to aerial attacks

Swordmaster (STR +10 / PRE +10) - Player gains +10 on combat checks involving swordplay if they are holding a sword. If they are disarmed, no bonus applies.

(Trait 1) - Shapeshifting [20 SKI]
    (+10 CHR / +10 STR)
    Effect:

(Trait 2) - Defensive ability [20 SKI]
    (+10 AGI / +10 DUR)
    Effect:

STAT AND SYNC GUIDE
    HP: Sum of your total STR + DUR + RES stats
    STR: Strength. Governs feats of strength [lifting/throwing/striking] and physical damage. Syncs with DUR [+5 STR = +1 DUR]
    AGI: Agility. Governs dodging, acrobatics, flight manoeuvrability and navigation of difficult terrain. Syncs with SPD [+5 AGI = +1 SPD]
    SPD: Speed. Governs movement speed and speed of attacks. Syncs with BRA [+5 SPD = +1 BRA]
    DUR: Durability. Governs resistance to physical damage and shield scores. Syncs with RES [+5 DUR = +1 RES]
    RES: Resistance. Governs resistance to esoteric attacks, specific attacks [pressure points], BFR, sealing, etc. Syncs with ENR [+5 RES = +1 ENR (10 ENR)]

BRA: Brainpower. Governs initiative, problem solving, reactions and status effect attacks. Syncs with CHR [+5 BRA = +1 CHR]
    PRE: Precision. Governs specific damage, esoteric damage, firearms damage, etc. Syncs with AGI [+5 AGI = +1 AGI]
    CHR: Charisma. Governs speech checks, diplomacy, status effects. Syncs with SKI [+5 CHR = +1 SKI]

SKI: Skill. Governs technical attacks, esoteric attacks, counter-attacks various defences. Does not sync.
    ENR: Energy. Governs your energy pool [ki/mana/electricity/cosmic power/whatever] forms part of your healthbar. Does not sync. 1 XP point in ENR = 10 ENR. If you expend all ENR points, or go negative, you will be in burnout (-20 to all stats and no access to techniques) until you gain a positive ENR score once more.

RAC: Reactions. Governs how many reactions you can make per combat phase.
    RUM: Rumble. The secret of the multiverse. The deepest reserves of your power, to use as you see fit. Can be spent to add +50 to any check, attack or save. If the final Rumble point is spent, it is worth +200. You may spend several at once if you wish. If you spend all Rumble points, you will be in burnout (-20 to all stats) for 3 combat phases. Allocated by GM.

STAT SKELETON
    INITIAL XP: 150

Physical Block
    HP: 98
    Effective MAX Life: 488

STR: 10 (Base) + 0 (Build) + 10 (Trait) + 0 (Sync) = 20
    AGI: 10 (Base) + 0 (Build) + 10 (Trait) + 0 (Sync) = 20
    SPD: 10 (Base) + 10 (Build) + 0 (Trait) + 2 (Sync) = 22
    DUR: 10 (Base) + 0 (Build) + 10 (Trait) + 2 (Sync) = 22
    RES: 10 (Base) + 20 (Build) + 0 (Trait) + 2 (Sync) = 32

Mental Block
    BRA: 10 (Base) + 10 (Build) + 0 (Trait) + 2 (Sync) = 22
    PRE: 10 (Base) + 0 (Build) + 0 (Trait) + 0 (Sync) = 10
    CHR: 10 (Base) + 20 (Build) + 10 (Trait) + 2 (Sync) = 42

Esoteric Block
    SKI: 10 (Base) + 60 (Build) + 0 (Trait) + 6 (Sync) = 106
    ENR: 10 (Base) + 25 (Build) + 0 (Trait) + 4 (Sync) = 39 [390 ENR)
    RAC: 1.88 therefore 1 effective reaction per round.

Techniques
    All techniques acquired to be listed here.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-30-2022 at 04:34 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Name: Arxiros "Arx" Irosaan
    Race: 'Chimera'
    Physical Description:

Standing at approximately 196cm, and weighing in at around at 110kg; she is an... Imposing... figure. Add in the decidedly draconid features- claws, tail, scales, and two horns, one broken off at the tip- and she looks more like some manner of monster. Her scales are a blend of blacks, and oranges, with flecks of gold, and cover roughtly 40% of her body (to be detailed with visuals at a later date). Her horns are solid black.

She also has what looks to be a heavy shackle around her neck, with a broken chain hanging from it.

Homeworld/land: "Doesn't matter now... Nobod- nothing... left worth eating..."

Bio: "I got caught off-guard... Rrrrr... So hungry...

Want: I'm so... Hungry...

Traits/Proficiencies:

Níðhöggr's Ouroboros - "While gnawed at from the inside out, the Dragon eats its own tail..." - The fire inside Arx burns twice as hot, and offers only consumption. In exchange for the ability to convert [things] she can fit into her mouth, into nourishment; Arxiros must perform this action at least once per day, lest she suffer a multiplicative withering effect equal to (-5xN(N=number of days) in HP until she runs out of available health, killing her.
    It is... Very barebones. Am a bit too tired to wrap my head around the stat system at current, will tackle it in the morning.

Lemme know if there's any questions or concerns about what IS up.. And frankly to get a general idea of her character direction the link in my signature is close enough for at least that much.

She is a punchy dragon. A very hungry one.

Arx Inosaan

Name: The Great Kinu
    Race: Human (Enchanted)
    Physical Description:

[Outfit]

Standing at 5'7" and weighing about 150 pounds, the Warrior of the Wasteland has a solidly built frame garbed in strange and gaudy vestments. A long coat of hides and cloth drape her shoulders, sewn from trophies stripped from opponents, be they man or beast, trailing behind her in a multi-coloured patchwork. Likewise, the scales of marshland predators adorn her sleeves, and furs and sinews taken on the plateau serve as for hosierie and garters. A leather belt girds her waist with an unadorned face, which had once been set with some accolade which has been lost.

Perhaps her most immediately striking feature is her pallor. At first glance it would seem indistinguishable from paint, perhaps the sign of a ritual marking or theatrical guise. There is something not quite right behind the amber-red eyes set in the hollows, and any extreme expression causes fractures to spread; Yet just as soon as these cracks form they reseal, the blood weeping at the edges of her eyes and mouth the only proof that they had ever been there.

Homeworld/land: The Cursed Earth outside of the Walled City of the Magi

Nobody knows how or why, but the world outside of the walls had been afflicted with a terrible pesitlence. It came first as fog they named the Ruin, for it had eroded the rational boundaries of life into something unnatural. To combat the decaying world, the Magi of the Administratum carved out a piece of land for themselves. Dividing it into thirteen sealed quadrants, they called it the Last Land of this cursed earth, and with technology indistinguishable from magic and magic indistinguishable from life, collectivized a heavily regimented way of life that would ensure humanity's survival and the next step of the species' evolution, the Witches.

Bio:

It is not useful to cling to what was, but to hold on to what is. That is the only way to remain sane in a fragmented world.

Through great trepidation Kinu had somehow made her way from the rural fringe of civilization towards the badlands beyond. Only madmen and beasts beyond the wards of the Magi's walls lived in the wasteland, but if it was mad and wild to be free, she embraced it, for that was how society trapped itself within the walls of their own making. It was here that she stripped herself of all artifice, honing her skills and strength as she sought to challenge the world itself. Innumerable conquests began upon the blasted heath, by lift and lock and submission pin. But there were no prizes to be won here, no just reward, no greater good. Upon this plateau with only the sky for company, there was no peak to be found. Though she subsusted on these moments and took it for her sustainance, to live for survival's sake alone where the Ruin shed the better part of reason had made nature itself unhinged it from any sort of grounded reality..

In pursuit of greater meaning, she began to regard the wards of civilization's barrier against the outside, as a challenge. She'd forgotten why she'd left, but she knew there was nothing to fear and she stood was living proof that those inside had all been told a lie. To cross back over and take back the known world, on their behalf, she would bring them a revolution from the outside - she would be their champion.

She found herself in likeminded company for a time, made many allies and had many adventures and together they began to climb the ladder, each small victory against the Magi snowballing into a revolution. With every step, she heard the cry of the multitudes around her, saw the looks upon their faces; knowing she was wanted, they gave her meaning. Through her own boisterous acts of resistence, she dared peer upon the Magi through a ceramic kabuki mask, a white visage that slowly became her symbol, adorning walls and faces alike in solidarity. Then there came a day where she challenged the Champion of the Magi with the voice of the people behind her in the great arena. Togther they would rise up and know they no longer needed to be afraid.

But it was not meant to be.

By following her to the site of the arena, those who were resisted were penned in to a structure crafted by cruel wizards who saw them as little more than chattle; By accepting their challenge, Kinu was bound immediately to the geas that was made law upon this hallowed ground, Defeat Is Set When Acknowledged. And when she grappled with their homunculous Champion, at the crucial moment, she froze when she heard it speak into her ear.

"How strange, do you not remember what happened last time?"

In the aftermath, they'd cursed her through the blood sacrifice of her people, and the energy of mundus was used to place a curse upon her. The mask she wore and the person underneath were now indistinguishable; a facade, frozen in a moment in time, fixed upon her face as a trophy of the fallen

Yet this, too would not be te end of it, for so strongly did she believe in her victory, holding onto the knowledge that she had been wronged with the death of those who believed in her upon her head, that the curse that had fallen upon her would fall no further. She got up and fought as long as she could until her comrades succeeded in bringing down the Walls. But when the Ruin poured into the Last Land tempered in its runic construction in the language of magic that sustained reality, the irrationality force spread corruption into a chain reaction that brought about the end of the world.

Want:

With deep, temperamental passions serving as her anchor, Kinu believes that fate had robbed her of a meaningful victory, and after having witnessed the end of her world, with all its foes destroyed leaving her reason to fight hollow, she is suddenly stricken by an absence of purpose. Crossing through the void, she can only try again, for she knows no other path. Ruthlessly prepared to sacrifice everything for victory for its own sake, in a sense, this would be returning to her roots as a vagabond, where victory and survival are the same, heedless of the accolades. Some part of her craves a warrior's validation, an acknowledgement she cannot give herself; but will that lift the curse of the mask, the symbol of her coveted championship to be, as it slowly fuses to her face?

Traits/Proficiencies:

1) Issen (一閃 "Fatal Flash") - [20 SKI]

Stat 1 - 10 CHR
    Stat 2 - 10 PRE

Effect: By tapping into Issen, colloquially known as the Hype Generator through sheer force of will, Kinu regenerates +5 ENR at end of turn to continue to test her mettle!

2) Squared Circle - [20 SKI]

Stat 1 - 15 AGL
    Stat 2 - 5 SPD

Effect: If Kinu thinks the environment is a suitable arena, by some strange quirk of will, it will gain properties to behave in that fashion to facilitate her movement with a +15 AGL check among any terrain!

INITIAL XP: 150

Vitality Block
    Core HP: Derived from (STR*1.5) 60 +(DUR*2) 84 +(RES*0.75) 11 = 155
    Max HP Raw HP Score + Latent ENR = 155+80= 235

XP: 150

Offensive Block
    STR: 10 BASE + BUILD 30 + TRAIT = 40
    PRE: 10 BASE + BUILD 15 + TRAIT 10 = 35
    CHR: 10 BASE + BUILD 20 + TRAIT 10 = 40

Defensive Block
    DUR: 10 BASE + BUILD 26 + TRAIT + SYNC 6= 42
    RES: 10 BASE + BUILD + TRAIT + SYNC 5 = 15
    AGI: 10 BASE + BUILD 21 + TRAIT 15 + SYNC 5 = 51

Hit Block
    BRA: 10 BASE + BUILD + TRAIT + SYNC 4 = 14
    SPD: 10 BASE + BUILD 15 + TRAIT 5 + SYNC 7 = 37
    SKI: 10 BASE + BUILD 14 + TRAIT + SYNC 6 = 30

Energy Matrix Block
    ENR: 10 BASE + BUILD 9 + TRAIT + SYNC =19
    ENR VALUE [ENR Stat]*10 = 190
    Latent ENR: 80
    Mastered ENR: 110
    Stack: Derived from [Mastered ENR/50] 2

Movement and Action Block
    RAC: Derived from 1+(BRA+SPD)/50. Gain a further +1 if your AGI is over 50. = 1 + (51/50) + (51/50) = 3
    Movement: Derived from ([SPD*2]+[AGI/2]) in feet per round = (37*2) + (51/2) = 99
    ATK Actions: 1 (+1 if your SPD is over 50) = 1
    Technique Actions: 1 (+1 if your SKI is over 50) = 1
    Range: Derived from [Mastered ENR]/2 in feet. = 55

Social Matrix
    Notice: [BRA/5] + [SPD/10] + [3 Mind Affinity Technique Slots] = 8
    Insight: [BRA/5] + [SKI/10] + [5 Spirit Affinity Technique Slots] = 10
    Persuasion: [CHR/5] + [BRA/10] + [3 Mind Affinity Technique Slots] = 12
    Deception: [SKI/5] + [CHR/10] + [3 Mind Affinity Technique Slots] = 13
    Intimidation: [STR/5] + [CHR/10] + [5 Body Affinity Technique Slots] = 17
    Stealth: [AGI/5] + [SKI/10] + [5 Body Affinity Technique Slots] = 18
    Computation: [BRA/5] + [PRE/10] + [3 Mind Affinity Technique Slots] = 8
    Last edited by grampagen; 02-22-2023 at 07:42 PM.

Repurposing this space for Techs and Actions

**Always under construction**

SKILLS MATRIX

Manipulation: 5 points - 2 components
    Creation: 5 points - 2 components
    Communion: 5 points - 2 components
    Knowledge: 2 points - 1 component
    Magnitude: 17

Half Guard: Increased resistance to Grapple State during combat phase by her Magnitude [up to a maximum of 17], incurring ENR cost of up to 13 ENR. Components: 1 Manipulation, 1 Creation.

Scavenger: Kinu turns defeated enemies - whether by frisking them for items or...other means - into single-use consumables. Component: 1 Creation.

Top of the Food Chain: As much as the champ has acclaim of the jobbers, so does the title put a consummate target upon her head. Manipulates battlefield conditions to scatter minions and draw the attention of stronger enemies. Prompts an enhanced Intimidation Check to the opponent(s) targeted; If they fail, they will be afraid of her and won't attack her because of Intimidation (similar to Fear effects). if they pass the check, they will start targeting her specifically.

Components: 1 Manipulation, 1 Communion

Mic Work: Kinu's brash charisma gilds her words with an aura of fearful and strangely convincing magnetism. Boosts Persuasion during speech checks. Components: 1 Communion, 1 Knowledge

TECHNIQUES

Affinity Allocation
    Body: Mundane 3 slots, Honed 1 slot, Epic 1 slot
    Spirit: Mundane 3 slots, Honed 1 slot, Epic 1 slot
    Mind: Mundane 2 slots, Honed 1 slot, Epic 0 slots.

BODY

Mundane (10 ENR)

Strong Style [+20 STR] - To put over a rival is divine, but to shoot on them is blessed. STR effect: Grapple on successful attack action. Bread and butter starter to chain into greater things.

Honed (25 ENR)

Squash Match (Persistent Install: 15 ENR Activation,+25 STR. 5 ENR maintain)
    When it comes crashing down and she is reminded of the hurt inside, Kinu eschews all honor and pride - and any respect she had for her opponent.
    STR effects: At current levels (40 + 25 = 65 STR) invoking Squash Match grantes Kinu 40 feet of auto-fling on all regular attacks while it is in effect.

Honed (25 ENR) +[B][U]Spirit Honed(+10 ENR for additional effect): Cost 35 ENR

Suplex City (+40 STR/+10 PRE) + With a grab around the waist and a perfect arch in her back, Kinu drops a foe directly on their brainstem to the amazement of many and humiliation to them specifically!
    STR effects: Grapple and Crater;
    PRE effect: Surge (Disrupt +15 ENR for opponent's next actions

Epic (75 ENR)

Rolling Death Cradle (+60 STR): Making the opponent accept defeat is often a matter of making it artful and indubitable. When Kinu closes in range in a one-on-one confrontation, she chooses not to pin...but to death roll.

Prerequisite Must be chained from successful Grapple or Crater or Stun state.

Body Effect: Submission (ATK STR vs STR + (SKI)/2.)

SPIRIT

Mundane (10 ENR)

Kishi Kaisei (起死回生 "Escape Death! Return to Life!) [+20 PRE] Kinu pushes herself to dig deep within, and through passion's sake, for hatred's sake, to keep going, for the heat of battle pushes her beyond her limits!

Effect: Recover +20 Mastered ENR

Spirit Epic (75 ENR) + Body honed (+10 ENR for additional effect) Cost: 85 ENR

Codebreaker: (+60 PRE, +10 SPD): Kinu counters an enemy's attack by catching their face while falling and driving it into her knees. Counter-Technique.

Body Effect: Inspired Counter.
    Spirit Effects: Concuss: Stun: Target is stunned for 1 turn and can take no attack, movement, reaction or defence actions.

MIND

Mundane (10 ENR)

Poison Mist (+20 CHR) A victory earned by any means is still a victory - and more than anything Kinu hates the shame of losing! By summoning the vile energy within her, Kinu spits a toxic spray at an enemy!

Mind Effect: Debuffs [Kinu's CHR (40) + Technique Modifier] in BRA for 1 full turn at full effect (Currently -30 at full effect).

Mind Honed (25 ENR) + Spirit Honed (+10 ENR for additional effect) Cost: 35 ENR

Pipe Bomb: (+40 CHR/+10 PRE) For all those who step up, they better have something to say and sure as hell better back it up! Kinu, with a surprising level of eloquence, mean-mugs and cuts a promo that tilts the doubters, the detractors, and those discerning that they have something she wants. Used for persuasive haggling or the crushing of self-esteem!

Mind Effects: Charm (Compel)
    Spirit Effect: Raise ENR costs by +15 in the following turn.

MISC

Allied Bestiary:

Small Hellhound
    Last edited by grampagen; 05-02-2023 at 12:57 AM.

Interesting, I recently got a new schedule that makes it more likely that I can keep track of a PBP. I'll look over this and try to figure out a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Well, following the maths is one thing, but I guess I don't understand the scale we're operating on. Are we low-powered Street Levelers or Anime Speedbricks?
    I would also like to know this although I think with Sharp mentioned I assume the higher end of the curve can get pretty wacky.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie