Page 52 of 207 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Shoot, I should ask for Intimidate and Deception as well.

Heck, can you give me the equation for how these are calculated? I'll just do them all myself. ^_^
    Not trying to second guess the answer, but I love the ‘parse two skills’ aspect to this (BRA+CHR), so I could easily see how Deception could be CHR+SKI, Intimidation could be CHR+STR, and you can just use the same concept for other skills.

Reminds me of the Star Trek RPG rules.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Shoot, I should ask for Intimidate and Deception as well.

Heck, can you give me the equation for how these are calculated? I'll just do them all myself. ^_^
    As you wish, the equations for the social matrices are as follows (rounded down to the nearest whole number):

Social Matrix
    Notice: [BRA/5] + [SPD/10] + [Total Initial Mind Affinity Technique Slots]
    Insight: [BRA/5] + [SKI/10] + [Total Initial Spirit Affinity Technique Slots]
    Persuasion: [CHR/5] + [BRA/10] + [Total Initial Mind Affinity Technique Slots]
    Deception: [SKI/5] + [CHR/10] + [Total Initial Mind Affinity Technique Slots]
    Intimidation: [STR/5] + [CHR/10] + [Total Initial Body Affinity Technique Slots]
    Stealth: [AGI/5] + [SKI/10] + [Total Initial Body Affinity Technique Slots]

There's also Computation, which I'm still not sure if it's in the game per say, but that's:

Computation: [BRA/5] + [PRE/10] + [Total Initial Mind Affinity Technique Slots] (+5 if BRA is 50+)

I will add my voice to this. There's a lot of thought here. Sure, it's a way off as you say, Nik, but it's a very, very solid start.
    Very kind of you to say. It's been a lot of work but I have enjoyed doing it ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Not trying to second guess the answer, but I love the ‘parse two skills’ aspect to this (BRA+CHR), so I could easily see how Deception could be CHR+SKI, Intimidation could be CHR+STR, and you can just use the same concept for other skills.

Ooh, he's not far off. >_> Smart fellow.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Very kind of you to say. It's been a lot of work but I have enjoyed doing it ^_^

Ooh, he's not far off. >_> Smart fellow.
    Yeah, good call Beads.

The Star Trek game...I got into one of those on RPol recently, but it died just as I introduced my character and started RPing. Sadly.

...character was a former-assassin-hiding-in-starfleet-doing-penance-as-medic, which is weird for Star Trek but completely in line for one of my characters. ^_^

As you wish, the equations for the social matrices are as follows (rounded down to the nearest whole number):

Social Matrix
    Intimidation: [STR/5] + [CHR/10] + [Total Initial Body Affinity Technique Slots]

There's also Computation, which I'm still not sure if it's in the game per say, but that's:

Computation: [BRA/5] + [PRE/10] + [Total Initial Mind Affinity Technique Slots] (+5 if BRA is 50+)
    Thank you! That's going on the sheet.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Co-sign that the system wouldn't be so much fun to play in if it didn't have some real stuff in it.

Also hadn't really thought of how Stack could augment things until recently, but since Jane has some ENR recovery back now it does seem likelier she'll be able to make use of it more in several cases.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Social Matrix

Alas, the tragedy of being a smoothbrain with this subsystem lol.

Although, sneaking aside, Kinu should be able to bluff fairly well if I have my numbers right. Gonna cut some wicked promos.

Eh. **** it. I'm just going to double-down, I guess.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Alas, the tragedy of being a smoothbrain with this subsystem lol.

Although, sneaking aside, Kinu should be able to bluff fairly well if I have my numbers right. Gonna cut some wicked promos.
    Just to allow you check your figures. Kinu's Social Matrix:

Notice: 9
    Insight: 10
    Persuasion: 12
    Deception: 13
    Intimidation: 17
    Stealth: 18
    Computation: 9

If you give her a dedicated promo CHR Technique or BRA Technique, that would help. Also, if you write a sick promo for her then that will get a good modifier from the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    My PM for discussion remains open if you would like to do so. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    ^_^

*limit dance*
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Nik, if I want to add a status effect from Body to Perfection Does Not Exist, I need to use up a honed Body tech, right?

If I understand, that would mean I get half the stat bonus and one status effect.

Does the Energy cost change or does it just stay ‘honed tech’?
    Why are we here?

Nik, if I want to add a status effect from Body to Perfection Does Not Exist, I need to use up a honed Body tech, right?

If I understand, that would mean I get half the stat bonus and one status effect.

Does the Energy cost change or does it just stay ‘honed tech’?
    Body can have a status effect on a Mundane Tech, they get one per Technique level.

ENR cost wouldn't change. Dual Affinity Techs always cost whatever the highest slot applied to it is.

Body can have a status effect on a Mundane Tech, they get one per Technique level.

ENR cost wouldn't change. Dual Affinity Techs always cost whatever the highest slot applied to it is.
    As I understand the rules, as this is a persistent technique, it must use honed techniques. Also, I believe under dual affinity techniques, it says that you don’t get any status effects from the secondary addition unless it is honed or higher. If I am incorrect, I am only too happy to only use a mundane technique and get the exact same results! ^_^
    Why are we here?

The dual affinities thing as a game changer, and I believe I will be modify my techniques like crazy during **********g. As I level up.
    Why are we here?

wat

Well, that’s an interesting choice of words to censor.
    Why are we here?