Page 54 of 207 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Alright, mainly questioning the usefulness of Precision on Arxiros because, well, she passively deals lacerate damage. So having 50 (to give her Lacerate) sort of defeats the purpose, I'd suppose.
    Having 50 PRE doesn't grant Lacerate, not sure what you mean by this?

Arx gets Lacerate on her normals because of her Trait. As it's a Spirit Effect, the success of that effect would be done based on her PRE score, so higher PRE would make Lacerate more likely because she still has to cause the opponent to fail their RES check to inflict the status.

IIRC, part of the reason her PRE is so high to begin with was because it was related to her getting Lacerate/affecting Lacerate (pre-Trait).

A lot has changed in the uh, system, since I last looked at it however. We're talking 1.0 to... whatever .X we're at currently.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    IIRC, part of the reason her PRE is so high to begin with was because it was related to her getting Lacerate/affecting Lacerate (pre-Trait).

A lot has changed in the uh, system, since I last looked at it however. We're talking 1.0 to... whatever .X we're at currently.
    I don't recall ever having a PRE threshold for Lacerate effects as standard offhand but, as you say, it's been a while and we've covered a lot of ground since you were last paying attention to the thread.

As noted, I would strongly advise reading the Patch Notes, the revised Technique Guides and, if you are unsure, please direct questions as I am happy to help.

I don’t quite remember the Technique evolution stuff; was it just adding more effects on to stuff or is an epic technique becoming like SuperEpic

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    While pondering Body Techniques and Persistance, I added a few more abilities to the Body Effects Guide including a few that work on a similar basis as the Spirit Table (i.e: Greater and Lesser).

Also refined the rules for Regenerate and Grapple.
    Oh that last one is a cool thing that doesn’t rely on strength.

Hmmm
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Post - get a trait that involves cloaking or invisibility.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Post - get a trait that involves cloaking or invisibility.
    Oh that's one idea I'm thinking of for the future, although truthfully I'm still a bit unclear as to how that one would really work in this system for Jane since Nik's example involved using CHR. Although I suppose it doesn't actually need to be exactly on Jane's best stats if the technique involved boosts her CHR a bunch.

Actually the Trait could also add +10 twice to CHR so it could be raised that way too
    Last edited by Postmania; 11-26-2022 at 02:27 PM.
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Oh that's one idea I'm thinking of for the future, although truthfully I'm still a bit unclear as to how that one would really work in this system for Jane since Nik's example involved using CHR. Although I suppose it doesn't actually need to be exactly on Jane's best stats if the technique involved boosts her CHR a bunch.

Actually the Trait could also add +10 twice to CHR so it could be raised that way too
    Hmmm… the idea of a stealth technique in the Mind block so really just using CHR & BRA is conceptually so on-point for my character.

I really hope I can find a way to tweak that idea so it’s not stealing your thunder.

If I can’t, then I’ll bin it.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Hmmm… the idea of a stealth technique in the Mind block so really just using CHR & BRA is conceptually so on-point for my character.

I really hope I can find a way to tweak that idea so it’s not stealing your thunder.

If I can’t, then I’ll bin it.
    Truthfully if it comes down to it I feel I'd rather you had it then I did if it's only possible for stealth to to work via CHR.

I can write around it but CHR is not really what I had in mind in terms of how the Stealth Technique was going to work, would prefer more technological/science based.
    -Stephen McCranie

Feel free to pitch technique ideas and I'll look at them to see if we can find a work around.

Feel free to pitch technique ideas and I'll look at them to see if we can find a work around.
    Early days still in terms of the stealth thing but I have a few thoughts.

I’m not sure on the trait yet but I’m thinking maybe it could be tied to the idea of phasing. Like Jane isn’t as “present” when in this mode and so harder to detect, but this also comes with maybe a negative effect on some survivability stat (but with the advantages of stealth and maybe surprise or just some damage boost/advantage). But that still leaves the question of what trait they’d have to check against which I’m not clear on yet. I think things like AGI and SPD were already shot down in terms of sharp bringing them up earlier so hmm
    -Stephen McCranie

Quick note, I've got a free Sunday so I'm going to do more work on the system, focusing mainly on Techniques.

Things in the offing:

- Balance adjustments pertaining to Persistent Techniques with Status Effects of all types. I think I might need to tweak how those work in order to prevent things from getting too wild.
    - A small balance adjustment to how Dual Affinity Techniques are constructed to promote build diversity.
    - I've also spotted a potential issue with how levelling currently works so I need to mess with that a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Early days still in terms of the stealth thing but I have a few thoughts.

I’m not sure on the trait yet but I’m thinking maybe it could be tied to the idea of phasing. Like Jane isn’t as “present” when in this mode and so harder to detect, but this also comes with maybe a negative effect on some survivability stat (but with the advantages of stealth and maybe surprise or just some damage boost/advantage). But that still leaves the question of what trait they’d have to check against which I’m not clear on yet. I think things like AGI and SPD were already shot down in terms of sharp bringing them up earlier so hmm
    A couple of notes for you to consider.

- Sharp wanted to just have a Technique in isolation that did for Stealth, this is harder to accomplish because the Stealth stat is a bit harder to dramatically increase with mere stat adjustments. Using a Trait allows for much more creative and impartial adjustments to your build as they are intended to provide you an avenue for unique mechanics.

- As noted like a few pages back, Stealth as a Social Stat is product of AGI, SKI and the Body Affinity modifier. Pushing stats into AGI would yield the most dramatic results as it has the larger effect. If Jane were to put a Stack on AGI and use a Honed Technique (+40 AGI) her Stealth jumps from the "Good" bracket to "Exceptional".

- The Vanishing Arts example I posted when I created the DRAMA System for you is how I envision a combat based Stealth Technique working. As it's an action that relies on the enemy not noticing you, it would fall under Mind Affinity hence why it uses CHR. You also have the Disinterest status effect which specifically makes the targets unable to see you. Put that on an AoE Technique and you have functional cloaking via a psychic effect.

Happy to discuss further but that's about all the developments for combat Stealth we have at the minute.

That’s interesting Nik. That means I might need to hold off on my stealth idea for if we potentially gain more traits…

The two traits I have pencilled in are pretty intrinsic to the concept… which I will get round to posting as soon as I can.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    That’s interesting Nik. That means I might need to hold off on my stealth idea for if we potentially gain more traits…

The two traits I have pencilled in are pretty intrinsic to the concept… which I will get round to posting as soon as I can.
    To confirm, as levelling happens you will gain the option to take another Trait per level.

Looking forward to seeing what you have

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quick note, I've got a free Sunday so I'm going to do more work on the system, focusing mainly on Techniques.

Things in the offing:

- Balance adjustments pertaining to Persistent Techniques with Status Effects of all types. I think I might need to tweak how those work in order to prevent things from getting too wild.
    - A small balance adjustment to how Dual Affinity Techniques are constructed to promote build diversity.
    - I've also spotted a potential issue with how levelling currently works so I need to mess with that a little.
    …clearly I keep breaking the system.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate