Page 6 of 207 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Welcome to our new players, we definitely have enough to run the game now.

As a note, I'm off sick today so will be assessing the new character builds as they stand once I feel a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I would also like to know this although I think with Sharp mentioned I assume the higher end of the curve can get pretty wacky.
    I specifically have not made that decision yet because I would rather players think about their builds in terms of numerical values.

If you want to be strong, push STR, you want to be fast push SPD etc.

My very rough feeling is we're going to skew closer to the anime end of the spectrum but I'm not going to be looking to nail things down because it's going to be stats that decide things.

Retired Overlord

Enter the Sandman

Are thou character limits filled yet, or does doth hav'ith room four wun moar.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Nice to see the interest!

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    ...although I think with Sharp mentioned I assume the higher end of the curve can get pretty wacky.
    wat

If we're referring to my various plans for my character and descriptions of abilities, that's just fluff. Like any tabletop, the actual efficiency of the characters' abilities will depend on the numbers.

I can go on and on about how Krys steps out of All Things and into Time out of Time or whatever, and it just translates to '+40 here, -10 there'. ^_^

If we're referring to the 'infinite counters', that's not a game-breaking trick, just an exploit that gives me a direction to take my character's abilities. And in fluff, it just means...stuff happens that's going to look really weird, especially if (for example) Krys gets attacked by five guys moving at hypersonic speeds. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Enter the Sandman

Are thou character limits filled yet, or does doth hav'ith room four wun moar.
    Yes, feel free to make a character. I've slept a fair bit and am going to update the cast list and vet the new characters insofar as they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Name: Arxiros "Arx" Irosaan
    Race: 'Chimera'
    Gender/Pronouns: She/Her
    Physical Description:

Standing at approximately 196cm, and weighing in at around at 110kg; she is an... Imposing... figure. Add in the decidedly draconid features- claws, tail, scales, and two horns, one broken off at the tip- and she looks more like some manner of monster. Her scales are a blend of blacks, and oranges, with flecks of gold, and cover roughtly 40% of her body (to be detailed with visuals at a later date). Her horns are solid black.

She also has what looks to be a heavy shackle around her neck, with a broken chain hanging from it.
    Nice to see another refugee from an old RPG making a return.

Níðhöggr's Ouroboros - "While gnawed at from the inside out, the Dragon eats its own tail..." - The fire inside Arx burns twice as hot, and offers only consumption. In exchange for the ability to convert [things] she can fit into her mouth, into nourishment; Arxiros must perform this action at least once per day, lest she suffer a multiplicative withering effect equal to (-5xN(N=number of days) in HP until she runs out of available health, killing her.
    Can you explain this a little more? It mentions the fire burns twice as hot, is that meant to be a stat multiplier or is it just that she must consume or else she will die?

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Name: The Great Kinu
    Race: Human (Enchanced)
    Kinu was always a fun concept! That's two from Oblitus, I will say at this point that I am very much fine with Kinu and Arx remembering each other from the previous game they both showed up.

Want:

While I appreciate Macho Man in the thread, I must request that you also write down what her core desire is so we have it in the context of how Kinu perceives her desire and just to save on having to play the video everytime I want to check.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    At the time of typing, I'm afraid I don't quite understand how the TRAIT stat works. Therefore the current calculations are done with the 150 EXP allocated to the initial BUILD.

I'd like to be sure I'm on the right track so far before going further, there's probably some goofs in there.
    Happy to answer any queries about Traits you might have, what's the trouble?

INITIAL XP: 150

Physical Block
    HP: Derived from STR 50 + DUR 48 + RES 26 = 124
    Effective MAX Life: HP 124 + ENR 140 = 244

STR: 10 base + (BUILD 40) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC) = TOTAL STAT 50
    AGI: 10 base + (BUILD 10) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC 20 PRE = 4) = TOTAL STAT 24
    SPD: 10 base + (BUILD 10) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC 10 AGI = 2) = TOTAL STAT 22
    DUR: 10 base + (BUILD 30) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC 40 STR = 8) = TOTAL STAT 48
    RES: 10 base + (BUILD 10) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC 30 DUR= 6) = TOTAL STAT 26

Mental Block
    BRA: 10 base + (BUILD) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC 10 SPD = 2) = TOTAL STAT 12
    PRE: 10 base + (BUILD 20) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC ) = TOTAL STAT 30
    CHR: 10 base + (BUILD 20) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC) = TOTAL STAT 30

Esoteric Block
    SKI: 40 base + (BUILD 10) + (TRAIT) + (SYNC 20 CHR = 4) = TOTAL STAT 54
    ENR: 10 base [100 ENR] + (BUILD) + (SYNC 10 RES = 2) = TOTAL STAT 12 [120 ENR]
    RUM: 3
    RAC: Defined by the formula 1+([BRA TOTAL = 10] + [SPD TOTAL = 24])/50 = 1.68 therefore 1 active Reaction per combat phase
    Corrections listed underlined in the above quotation section. I can see that you've also used Sync Points and Base Points towards your total Sync bonuses which isn't correct so I've adjusted those values. Only Build and Trait points are counted for the sync. Also, your ENR score is multiplied by 10 per point to give your ENR value and that is added to your HP for your effective maximum.

Retired Overlord

Name: Alice
    Age: 11,567, and still under service warranty for another 10 thousand. (The same wouldn't be said for the warranty office)
    Race: Cyberdoll
    Gender/Pronouns: Perfection
    Physical Description: Her visage is legion. Idols to her greatness lay across countless worlds in countless universes, beautiful and demonic each it their own way. No one form ever the same and yet all equal in their vainglorious ruin. Her form is but clay, shaped to fit the world she inhabits.

Across them all however, one may note the constant reappearance of a small doll, only slightly bigger then your average childrens toy and capable of sitting pleasantly on a humans shoulder. Built with a vaguely human appearance and exaggerated, animated facial features. Beyond some superficial wear with a few scratches to expose a metallic tint underneath, its almost impossible to tell at first glance it is a doll and not a small human, with clear love and care put into its design.

Homeworld/land: Unknown, long since lost to the eb and flow of the multiverse. But many a universe has played host and paid the price for it.
    Bio: Alice is a Cyberdoll, A human soul digitized and grafted to a artificial construct. Such was the practice of a society long ago, both as punishment and prison for those deemed too dangerous or those particular hated by the upper class. Used as everything from manual labour to animated children toys. Such was the fate of one Alicia Godwin, once a noble woman of high standing, whos disposition towards her own ego and general attitude led her to make many an enemy both above and below her position. After a rather unfortunate spin of political buffonery including the royal family, a bottle of expensive wine, a gregorian hippo and 5 kilotons of improperly placed explosives....Alicia was subjected to the greatest of humiliations. Her soul forcefully ripped from her being and made the power source for a childrens toy...the only saving grace was the maker of said toy just happened to be both an incredible perfectionist and the best in his field.

Not that it mattered at all when the child she was given too immediately tossed her in the dumpster outside.

And so, Alice began her 10,000 year journey as a thrown away toy....slowly regaining her nature, growing beyond her limitations as a toy with a soul. All the while her ego growing all the more unstable and....perfect. Even after her world fell to dust, her nature carried her from one world to another, from one universe to another. In her wake she brought ruin, sometimes hope, sometimes help....but mostly ruin. Some people just didn't know perfection when they saw it.

Want: Acknowledgement. She is already perfect, but that perfection must be witnessed. Her drive for attention is absolute, and defies all logic. (Perhaps being buried in a garbage dump for a century had a hand in that however).

Traits
    Cyberdoll Nature
    "Untethered from its shell, the subjects soul is reinforced during the bonding process with the target object to reduce to the possibility of it slipping away. An animated object and a soul and want to separate by nature, after all....and the Great Beyond is too great a mercy for one such as this."

Stat 1 - BRA +10
    Stat 2 - DUR +10
    Effect: Rounds RAC result up to the next whole number regardless of formula result

Puppetmaster
    "A puppet must always have a puppetmaster, through the roles are not so easily determined at first glance. A doll in anyone elese hands is but a toy, but in the hands a god...what meaning can be found?"

Stat 1 - SPD + 10
    Stat 2 - AGI + 10
    Effect: Generates a Hard Light Projection of a "puppeteer" to carry Alice. Physically frail but any form can be used.

STAT SKELETON
    Physical Block
    HP: 64 (STR*1.5)+(DUR*2)+(RES*0.75)
    Effective MAX Life: 64 + 250 = 314

STR: 10 base + 0 + 0 + 0 = 10
    AGI: 10 base + 0 + 10 + 0 = 20
    SPD: 10 base + 0 + 10 + 2 = 22
    DUR: 10 base + 0 + 10 + 0 = 20
    RES: 10 base + 0 + 0 + 2 = 12

Mental Block
    BRA: 10 base + 50 + 10 + 2 = 62
    PRE: 10 base + 0 + 0 + 0 = 10
    CHR: 10 base + 65 + 0 + 12 = 87

Esoteric Block
    SKI: 40 base + 20 + 13 = 73
    ENR: 10 base [100 ENR] + 15(150 ENR) + 0 = 25 (250 ENR)
    RUM: 3
    RAC: 1+ (62 +22)/50 = 2.68 --> 3 RAC(See Cyberdoll Nature)

TECHNIQUES
    Nothing to see here!
    Mundane Technique
    The Secret Technique of the Godwin Line, Practiced through the ages and now mastered in her new form. Alice assumes the posture, attributes and general lifelessness of your typical childrens toy when under excessive threat. Any enemy targeting her will spontaneously lose interest/assume she died/pass by in utter disgust and move to a new target. All potential enemies will ignore her in this state until it ends.
    [+20 CHR]

Stat Hack
    Honed Technique
    Performs Advanced Soul Hacking to strike a target or a group with Spiritual debuffs that drop Offensive Stats.
    [+40 CHR - Split between STR and SKI]

Cyber Goddess Authority
    Epic Debuff Technique
    Alice unleashes her full authority, or rather the power of her bossy nature manifested as an aura of power, giving strength to those whom do her bidding. (Weither they want it or not)
    [+60 CHR - Buff to STR, RES, DUR]
    Last edited by MrSandman; 10-27-2022 at 03:10 PM.

Query - Traits can have a non-combat effect, correct? Ie, if someone choses Trait: Flying that gives them better defence when flying, they obviously have the ability to fly as well.

I've edited one of my traits with fluff because...it needed fluff, and realized 'that could be somewhat useful out of a fight'. Not as useful as flight, but.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-06-2022 at 06:53 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Query - Traits can have a non-combat effect, correct? Ie, if someone choses Trait: Flying that gives them better defence when flying, they obviously have the ability to fly as well.
    Correct, the original intention of Traits was to provide an avenue for unique gameplay abilities. So if you want to fly, for example, you can take a trait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Correct, the original intention of Traits was to provide an avenue for unique gameplay abilities. So if you want to fly, for example, you can take a trait for it.
    Okay, so one of my abilities allows...for something that's almost useless except for things like 'switching teacups in the blink of an eye'. ^_^

I'll work out the other one, but it'll probably be perceptually based.
    Why are we here?

Please check my traits, one of them has an ability that is basically 'GM dependent on when it triggers in a non-stat situation'. So a free 'GM can decide to give information or not, for shits and giggles' card.
    Why are we here?

Retired Overlord

So far I have the traits and stats down. Everything seem ok so far?

Also added a few techs that need a look...still figuring out that system so if the epic one sounds overpowered in any way I'll work on it.
    Last edited by MrSandman; 10-06-2022 at 09:36 AM.

Can you explain this a little more? It mentions the fire burns twice as hot, is that meant to be a stat multiplier or is it just that she must consume or else she will die?
    Bit of flowery wording on my part to be honest, but yes. She's just constantly hungry and will die if more 'fuel' (anything she can fit in her mouth) isn't added to the fire. Not a stat boost or anything.

Just a trait to help flesh out who she is.

Bit counter intuitive I suppose, but "I can 'eat' anything I can fit in my mouth" is... An ability of a kind. A good one?

... No comment.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Welcome to our new players, we definitely have enough to run the game now.

As a note, I'm off sick today so will be assessing the new character builds as they stand once I feel a bit better.

I specifically have not made that decision yet because I would rather players think about their builds in terms of numerical values.

If you want to be strong, push STR, you want to be fast push SPD etc.

My very rough feeling is we're going to skew closer to the anime end of the spectrum but I'm not going to be looking to nail things down because it's going to be stats that decide things.
    Makes sense although I’m def curious to see how it ends up playing out
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Bit of flowery wording on my part to be honest, but yes. She's just constantly hungry and will die if more 'fuel' (anything she can fit in her mouth) isn't added to the fire. Not a stat boost or anything.

Just a trait to help flesh out who she is.

Bit counter intuitive I suppose, but "I can 'eat' anything I can fit in my mouth" is... An ability of a kind. A good one?

... No comment.
    Works for Matter-Eater Lad! :V

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Works for Matter-Eater Lad! :V
    It do be workin' for him.

He's also not a giant lizard lady though... Now, to see if I can't wrap my head around these stats
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan