Page 83 of 207 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 3091
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Had to give these their own post:

Defensive Body Technique Effects
    Effects that work in a Defensive manner or provide a Buff to the user or the Target. You can apply 1 to a Honed Technique and 2 to an Epic Technique.

Withstand: The target becomes prepared to withstand any Body based effects, or effects from the Spirit table that hit on Body, and will not be affected by them, regardless of RES score, until the end of their next turn when the boost fades. Halves Movement for the duration and halves all ATK DMG inflicted by the target for the duration.

Persistent Technique: As described, no change.

Rage: The target goes into a rage, pushing their body to its limits and gains an additional +30 to STR, DUR and RES and -20 to SKI and BRA. This status also prevents them from changing their Stack for the next 3 turns and prevents them from using Technique Actions for the duration. This change in BRA may affect their position in the action order. All incoming damage that they take will be halved while Rage is in effect. All available Technique actions are changed into Basic ATK actions.

Persistent Technique: As described, no change.

Psyche Up: The target gains a bonus +40 Mastered ENR points on top of their existing Mastered ENR reserves. This effect does not restore ENR, the +40 or any of it that is remaining will fade at the end of their next turn.

Persistent Technique: Invocation cost of the Technique is halved and the temporary +40 Mastered ENR is dedicated to maintenance costs automatically. If the technique is cancelled before the Mastered ENR is used up, then any remaining temp points vanish.

Regenerate: The target gains +10 bonus HP for the next 5 turns and will restore 5 HP points at the start of each turn for the next 3 turns. This also cures any Bleed type effects that are in effect on the target and will cure Bone Breaking effects after 3 turns are complete and the Regenerate Effect ends. Bonus HP cannot be restored once lost. This Technique cannot be used to resurrect a fallen ally.

Persistent Technique: Bonus HP is proc’d once at invocation but does not reoccur. Bleed effects inflicted during the technique will have 1 turn of effect before being cured on the subsequent turn. Otherwise unchanged.

Uncanny Dodge: When attacked while under this condition, if the target fails a Dodge check then they can add the required points to make it a Perfect Dodge from the stat boost provided to them. This subtracts from the overall boost and will drop further on subsequent attacks.

Example:

Kinu activates a Honed Body Technique that also grants her Uncanny Dodge. This means that her AGI stat has an additional +40 to use on Dodge checks.

She is attacked for 75 ATK Power, passes her HIT check [burning 1 RAC point] and opts to Dodge. With her natural stat of 51 AGI, she would be 24 points short of Perfectly Dodging and would, under normal circumstances, burn that number in Latent ENR to complete her Dodge.

However, with Uncanny Dodge, she can burn 24 points of the stat boost to pass the check, preserving her Latent ENR. After doing so, she has 16 points of boost remaining for further dodge checks.

She is then attacked again for 75 ATK Power, she Dodges again. This time she can only offset 16 points before the stat boost is spent so she still takes 8 Latent ENR damage and the effect is now over.

Persistent Technique: The effect is a permanent, the boost does not degrade over time. However, the target can only use the automatic Perfect Dodge once per round.

Inspired Counter: Until the start of their next turn, the target is able to use 100% of their normal damage when hitting on any Perfect Counters made.

Persistent Technique: As described but only a maximum of two (2) counterattacks can be made per round at 100%. Additional counters made will be at standard rates.

Fired Up: Adds a +20 DUR and RES. This effect lasts for three turns. Any damage taken by the target will restored their Mastered ENR at a ratio of 2 DMG : 1 ENR.

Persistent Technique: As described but the target cannot restore more than 30% of their total Mastered ENR per round regardless of damage taken.

Offensive Body Status Effects Guide
    Persistent rulings added to Defensive Body Effects.

Also, Withstand and Rage have been tweaked a little bit. Withstand had a bug and needed a small nerf. Rage just needed a little balancing, it's more powerful but also has a steeper penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    We will be having a look at this when I get a chance.

Nik, if I am maintaining a persistent technique that is a counter, passive technique, does that count towards one of my technique actions that turn?
    If a Persistent Technique has been activated and your character has not deactivated it, then it is using one of your Technique Actions unless you specifically disengage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Name: Nanashi
    Race: Human
    Gender/Pronouns: She/Her
    Physical Description:

Nanashi stands at the barely above average height of 165cm, her raven hair jutting haphazardly out from underneath the brim of a tattered straw jingasa. Her outfit typically consists of a black leather trench coat, tattered slim-fit jeans, a pair of battered leather combat boots, and a black tanktop; with a pack of cigarettes jutting out from one of several pockets.

Homeworld/Land: Earth, [REDACTED]

Bio: "I was young, and fucking stupid... Did what I had to in the end."

A former Detective, who looked the other way for the Yakuza. The end result was predictably disasterous.

Want: "To close my eyes... enjoy a dreamless sleep."

Traits/Proficiencies:

Turbo Killer - "Not... not again..." - There is a chance that Nanashi will enter a BERSERK state, whenever she enters a combat phase.

The Moon In Autumn - "Please... please don't make me do this..." (SKI +15, AGI +5) - [REDACTED]

Ghost With (a) Heartbeat(s) (SPD +15, AGI +5) - "Quick, and quiet... only way to survive out there, anymore." - Once per combat, Nanashi is capable of negating an opponent's awareness of her, while also increasing her movement speed. She is unable of entering direct combat during the turn that this ability is used.

STATS

Maximum HP:
    Core HP:

Offensive Block
    STR: 10 + 0 + + 0 = 10
    PRE: 10 + 10 + 0 + 0 = 20
    CHR: 10 + 20 + 0 + 0 = 30

Defensive Block
    DUR: 10 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 10
    RES: 10 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 10
    AGI: 10 + 30 + 10 + 2 = 52

Hit Block
    BRA: 10 + 40 + 0 + 5 = 55
    SPD: 10 + 25 + 15 + 6 = 56
    SKI: 10 + 25 + 15 + 4 = 54

Energy Matrix
    ENR: 10
    ENR VALUE: 100
    Latent ENR: 80
    Mastered ENR: 20
    Stack: 0
    RAC: 4.32 therefore 4 RAC points
    RUM: 3
    Movement: 353 feet per turn
    ATK Action(s): 2
    Tech Action(s): 2
    Range: 10

Affinity and Technique Slots

Free Slots: 10

Body: 1 Honed, 1 Epic - Damage Reduction - 14.71%
    Spirit: 1 Honed, 1 Epic - Damage Reduction - 14.71%
    Mind: 2 Honed, 1 Epic - Damage Reduction - 20.59%

Social Matrix
    Notice: 24
    Insight: 22
    Persuasion: 18
    Deception: 20
    Intimidation: 10
    Stealth: 20
    Computation: 25
    Filled out the rest of the profile for fun.

Her ENR score is an amusing choice, can't use anything above a Mundane Technique and will put herself into burnout very quickly if she does.

Isn't it though? That's where The Moon in Autumn comes in.

But look at her. She can cover 350+ feet per turn, and has 4 RAC. She's beautiful. Her Social Matrix is also amusingly higher than I thought it'd be.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Isn't it though? That's where The Moon in Autumn comes in.

But look at her. She can cover 350+ feet per turn, and has 4 RAC. She's beautiful. Her Social Matrix is also amusingly higher than I thought it'd be.
    I mean, that Trait currently does nothing, ho ho ho.

But yeah, it's kind of a viable bill. High mobility a lot of multiple attacks per round, though her damage is kind of light. I plugged her into the Battle System and happened to have Arx loaded up for the opponent.

Dragon Lady would make somewhat short work of her, match-up real bad.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 12-08-2022 at 11:38 AM.

I mean, that Trait currently does nothing, ho ho ho.
    A Cthulhu doesn't give away all her secrets. Conceptually, The Moon in Autumn would negate some of her ENR, and damage output issues. To what extent, I've no idea. Her limited techniques would largely be focused around her lower PRE score. She's a former detective after all; goal would be to use her mundane techniques to shore up that deficit in the early game, and then slowly build on her ENR. Her burning out early game would also make sense too because she's... I think older than the cast by a hefty margin, and isn't "about that life" anymore.

But yeah, it's kind of a viable bill. High mobility a lot of multiple attacks per round, though her damage is kind of light. I plugged her into the Battle System and happened to have Arx loaded up for the opponent.

Dragon Lady would make incredibly short work of her, match-up real bad.
    To be fair, Arx is kinda unique in that I literally stumbled into a pretty viable pseudo-tank build who can survive long enough to clip a faster opponent... and when (not if) she does clip them. The spiral begins. Or, if they're not durable enough, she just outright obliterates them.

End of the day though, pretty pleased with my lofi cyberpunk detective lady.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Drive by question. If I activate a technique as part of a counter, i.e. a counter technique, that does not count towards my technique actions, correct? Any more than doing a basic attack is a counter, counts towards the basic attack actions.

It counts towards RAC, not actions?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Cool stuff, Nik!

I think I’m changing my image. That one was too much of a compromise anyway.

But I don’t think I’m going to go full ‘Be Not Afraid’ angel-weirdness demon.

Pretty sure I’m going for this, which is more in line with my original plan:

D0C695F8-8D93-4A4B-90BB-EED8E0858AE3.jpg

Although, having said no uber-weirdness, I also kind of like…

340DCD63-454B-4324-9CF2-D0C3C88616A8.jpg

… but you have to ignore the scale of the buildings. o_0
    Chief Curmudgeon

Do AoE's, by default, inflict friendly fire?

If they do I'm wondering how the game is going to do spacing in general

Also cool berserker type char Cthulhu
    Last edited by Postmania; 12-08-2022 at 01:06 PM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Drive by question. If I activate a technique as part of a counter, i.e. a counter technique, that does not count towards my technique actions, correct? Any more than doing a basic attack is a counter, counts towards the basic attack actions.

It counts towards RAC, not actions?
    Correct. If you use a Technique outside of your turn, then it doesn't consume an action, just the RAC point.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Do AoE's, by default, inflict friendly fire?

If they do I'm wondering how the game is going to do spacing in general
    Yes, they do.

For spacing, we're going to work with what's written in the post and a fun concept called "what the GM says,"

I may be keeping rudimentary maps but I don't want to get too aggressive about it. I am anticipating more questions in the Sign-Up thread for stuff like "can I hit XYZ with 123," than we normally have in CBR RPGs.

Yes, they do.

For spacing, we're going to work with what's written in the post and a fun concept called "what the GM says,"

I may be keeping rudimentary maps but I don't want to get too aggressive about it. I am anticipating more questions in the Sign-Up thread for stuff like "can I hit XYZ with 123," than we normally have in CBR RPGs.
    Works for me. Jane will try not to nuke the team too often
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

No promises.

Arx Inosaan

It appears I am going to die earlier than I thought!
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

It appears I am going to die earlier than I thought!
    I mean ... no.

... maybe.

Depends on the range of the thunderclaps I suppose :3

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Cool stuff, Nik!

I think I’m changing my image. That one was too much of a compromise anyway.

But I don’t think I’m going to go full ‘Be Not Afraid’ angel-weirdness demon.

Pretty sure I’m going for this, which is more in line with my original plan:

D0C695F8-8D93-4A4B-90BB-EED8E0858AE3.jpg

Although, having said no uber-weirdness, I also kind of like…

340DCD63-454B-4324-9CF2-D0C3C88616A8.jpg

… but you have to ignore the scale of the buildings. o_0
    I like ‘em both, but the second one more.
    Why are we here?