Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default New "justice league"

NEW “JUSTICE LEAGUE”

I really find it ridiculous which characters DC presents as new “JUSTICE LEAGUE”.

Conner is now there for 30 years and has experience and feats and works well in team, Jonathan Samuel Kent was trapped in a volcano for years and has much less experience than Conner has.

The same with Yara, she is just there since this year and already Wonder Woman’s follower.

Wally as Flash is ok-but the rest....

Who are the rest?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    NEW “JUSTICE LEAGUE”

I really find it ridiculous which characters DC presents as new “JUSTICE LEAGUE”.

Conner is now there for 30 years and has experience and feats and works well in team, Jonathan Samuel Kent was trapped in a volcano for years and has much less experience than Conner has.

The same with Yara, she is just there since this year and already Wonder Woman’s follower.

Wally as Flash is ok-but the rest....
    30 year comic history but 3 years in their time. Compared to the 1 year Jon had before his age up.

So not a huge difference and Jon has real world legacy status being Kal’s son, and he gets to be an adult which they never will let Connor.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

This should've been a graduation day type event like we had with YJ/TITANS but dc dont operate like that no more

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    30 year comic history but 3 years in their time. Compared to the 1 year Jon had before his age up.

So not a huge difference and Jon has real world legacy status being Kal’s son, and he gets to be an adult which they never will let Connor.
    Not that DC's timeline makes any sense, or ever truly did, but that can't be true anymore right?

I know Conner's history got all jacked up between Manhattan and Oz and whatever other bullsh*t got thrown at him since the New52 but as far as I'm aware, his "whole" history has been restored yes? And Conner was cloned when Clark died, and Clark died before Jon was born, so Conner's got a minimum decade of experience, minus any time he spent "retired" or otherwise out of commission (like when he was dead, or a farmer on Gemworld). And Jon has about eight-nine years experience, between his time as Superboy and galivanting around space/time. Conner's history is screwed to hell, but Jon absolutely has that much, which is a lot more than his father had when the League first formed. Unless Clark's history as Superboy is back in place anyway, which I don't think it is?

I haven't read the issue in question yet so I have no idea who's on this team (wouldn't mind a spoiler!) but damn, DC's history is all kinds of outta shape.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I haven't read the issue in question yet so I have no idea who's on this team (wouldn't mind a spoiler!) but damn, DC's history is all kinds of outta shape.
    There is no team. I think the OP is just making assumptions about a new JL.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Who are the rest?
    Anyone not the Big 7/Ollie and Dinah (sorry), Jason Todd (not there), or a few others. Oh, and not Lillith either (she seems to have been sidelined, again, since Titans Rebirth took its "JR Justice League" turn). Otherwise, a fairly large group.

Astonishing Member

Not that DC's timeline makes any sense, or ever truly did, but that can't be true anymore right?

I know Conner's history got all jacked up between Manhattan and Oz and whatever other bullsh*t got thrown at him since the New52 but as far as I'm aware, his "whole" history has been restored yes? And Conner was cloned when Clark died, and Clark died before Jon was born, so Conner's got a minimum decade of experience, minus any time he spent "retired" or otherwise out of commission (like when he was dead, or a farmer on Gemworld). And Jon has about eight-nine years experience, between his time as Superboy and galivanting around space/time. Conner's history is screwed to hell, but Jon absolutely has that much, which is a lot more than his father had when the League first formed. Unless Clark's history as Superboy is back in place anyway, which I don't think it is?

The problem is that the YJ group aren't a decade older than their debut. I think the original Titans are barely a decade older and they were supposedly well established before the YJ generation came about.

That is the problem with a lot of post-Silver Age characters. DC spent so long trying to keep the JLA in their 20's that any attempt to give other heroes time to thrive gets smooshed down to keep the Leaguers from getting older.

Jon's birth happened much earlier in continuity than originally published. Heck, Lois and Clark's wedding probably needs to be earlier too, as that was originally in the 90s (to coincide with the TV show doing it). Jon definitely has to have been born at least six years before Conner's debut, otherwise the entire Young Justice generation's ages don't make sense (though, they SHOULD in fact be in their 20s anyway, not the late teens they're currently depicted as, due to Tim and Damian's original age difference, which was eight years before Flashpoint - 10 vs 18 - and four years now as Damian is 14 but Tim is no older).

TLDR: Age up Young Justice!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    This should've been a graduation day type event like we had with YJ/TITANS but dc dont operate like that no more
    Thank goodness. Graduation Day was the worst thing that happened to Young Justice; even now, nearly 20 years later, they haven't recovered.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jon's birth happened much earlier in continuity than originally published. Heck, Lois and Clark's wedding probably needs to be earlier too, as that was originally in the 90s (to coincide with the TV show doing it). Jon definitely has to have been born at least six years before Conner's debut, otherwise the entire Young Justice generation's ages don't make sense (though, they SHOULD in fact be in their 20s anyway, not the late teens they're currently depicted as, due to Tim and Damian's original age difference, which was eight years before Flashpoint - 10 vs 18 - and four years now as Damian is 14 but Tim is no older).

I think now Jon's birth was supposed to be about a year after Superman died and came back.

Jon's birth doesn't work without time travel. Put Convergence back into continuity; say that Superman: Lois and Clark happened when they left Telos and landed on Earth 52; and that shortly after the miniseries ended, they found their way back to Earth 0.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jon's birth happened much earlier in continuity than originally published.

Not as late as Convergence, I know. But he was still born after Clark married Lois, which still happened after he died and came back. Jon's eleventh birthday has come and gone (or what should have been his eleventh, if not for time travel) so Conner and his peers should all be a decade older.

Dick and the adult Titans should be in their early-ish thirties at this point, Tim and Young Justice in their early-ish twenties, with Damian and the other new Titans in their early-ish teens. And the League should all be in their forties by now.

For the most part I think all those groups are being written in the correct age bracket, except Young Justice. Arguably not the adult Titans, but there's not a huge difference between twenty four and thirty two, so it'd be less "visible" anyway.

And hell, the Young Justice kids being written like they're sixteen is still de-aging them from where they were pre-52; they're younger now than they used to be, but everyone else who was de-aged in the reboot has been put back to their proper age, if not aged up some to make room for the new kids like Jon and Damian.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

“A decade older” and “should be in their earlyish 20s” don't mean; it implies that they were all in their earlyish 10s before the decade got inserted. That's why I say Jon's birth doesn't work without time travel: it screws up everyone else's timelines be injecting a decade that wasn't there originally.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Amazing Member

If anyone is going to be called Superman among the non-Clark characters, the only one who truly earned it is Connor. Not much more you can do than die in a Crisis against your evil and infinitely more powerful doppelganger. They keep wanting to give him the Jason Todd treatment, meanwhile Jon's earned the shield by virtue of being born and not the name, and Kenan hasn't done much of either.