Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Every time I see something about this book it looks worse and worse. Who's approving this? Also, I'm not one to overly criticize the artist because God knows I reach my limit with stick people, but sir or madam or anything else on the lovely spectrum, I beg you to retire.

This will haunt my dreams.

Jumbo looks like he's been possessed by Mojo and Shadow King.

Incredible Member

New costumes are not going to fix things with this book. I dropped it because it just had way too many characters, and too many characters I don’t care for. To be blunt it’s just boring.

*notices as he is about to go read #7 this a #8 thread but no #7. 0_0.*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Whhhhhhhhaaaat? Seven is easily the BEST. ISSUE. TO. DATE. of Marauders. A lot to unpack here. This scene i don't know why but i teared up, not going to lie.

spoilers:
    thenenriched.jpg And loving the evolution of psylocke powers. Being able to put the totality of a single mental effect on the tip of a psychic arrow for maximum effect is genius. imo. lol
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This page and the previous pages of the Threshold partying reminded me of the Krakoans celebrating at the end of HoX...and I think that parallel might have been very intentional.
    My one nit is...for a people who lived/existed so far in the past...their ways of life seemed exactly like today...I was expecting something very different with a bit more originality and imagination.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    stitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Who's that??
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I take it Emma suggested the exposed cleavage shirt.

Psylocke...well, I feel like the leotard will probably come back at some point but it feels like all Kwannon can do is raid Betsy's old closet for costumes. Also the armor bits make it look clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Marauders was better before Steve Orlando took over...
    Every time I see something about this book it looks worse and worse. Who's approving this? Also, I'm not one to overly criticize the artist because God knows I reach my limit with stick people, but sir or madam or anything else on the lovely spectrum, I beg you to retire.
    Pretty much came here to say both these things. Only I likely would have done so less eloquently. So thank you both.

I know one thing is true; this Marauders run is not for me.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 10-06-2022 at 01:45 PM.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I know one thing is true; this Marauders run is not for me.
    Nor me. I have only read summaries since the first issue but I don't like the idea of an ancient mutant civilisation (especially when the Arakii are such a recent addition) or Cassandra Nova being part of an X-team. To be honest, I still don't even get the logic of using the name of a team that is known for slaughtering a society of helpless mutants. Kate is one of my favourite X-Men so I hope she gets a better showing soon - including a better costume.

This will haunt my dreams.

LOL! It is scarwy!

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Jumbo looks like he's been possessed by Mojo and Shadow King.
    Exactly what I was thinking also!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I'm over this book now. Everything just seems a mess from the writing to the art. And I can't stand Somnus. He creeps me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    Nor me. I have only read summaries since the first issue but I don't like the idea of an ancient mutant civilization (especially when the Arakii are such a recent addition)
    I agree. I don't mind the concept of an ancient mutant civilization if by ancient you mean like, 3100 BC but I really, really don't like the idea of a mutant civilization that is from 2 billion years ago. Ugh! It's just so dumb. Especially considering we just got an entire new cast of mutants to explore in the Arakii. I just don't see the need for it.

or Cassandra Nova being part of an X-team.
    Yeah, I'm not a big fan of that either, though the blanket pardon given to previously "villainous" mutants set a precedent, she did something so terrible it seems egregious to honor it in her case.

To be honest, I still don't even get the logic of using the name of a team that is known for slaughtering a society of helpless mutants.
    That doesn't bother me quite as much. I looked at that as Krakoans taking the power back with that title. However, I understand that isn't going to work for everyone.

Kate is one of my favorite X-Men so I hope she gets a better showing soon - including a better costume.
    She's one of my favorite mutants too. However, I welcome the pirate jacket and I loved the finger tats. It certainly beats her going by 'Kitty' and being a perpetual teenager.

What has really bothered me is that the book, ever since Orlando left, has gone seriously downhill. It just isn't working (for me).
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of that either, though the blanket pardon given to previously "villainous" mutants set a precedent, she did something so terrible it seems egregious to honor it in her case.
    How much has it come up that she helped kill Kitty's dad?
    She's one of my favorite mutants too. However, I welcome the pirate jacket and I loved the finger tats. It certainly beats her going by 'Kitty' and being a perpetual teenager.

What has really bothered me is that the book, ever since Orlando left, has gone seriously downhill. It just isn't working (for me).
    I think it makes sense as far as this pirate thing is a new phase and they're trying to downplay her as Shadowcat so the "Kitty" name is counterintuitive to that...even if stopping to use a nickname you've carried for most of your adult life at this point out of seemingly nowhere (unless she feels like she's in a mid-life crisis after jilting Colossus and her X-Men leadership tenure) feels kind of random.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How much has it come up that she helped kill Kitty's dad?
    You know, I don't know that it has come up at all, though I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it makes sense as far as this pirate thing is a new phase and they're trying to downplay her as Shadowcat so the "Kitty" name is counterintuitive to that...even if stopping to use a nickname you've carried for most of your adult life at this point out of seemingly nowhere (unless she feels like she's in a mid-life crisis after jilting Colossus and her X-Men leadership tenure) feels kind of random.
    I don't mind if she goes by Shadowcat, that's a cool code name, though I think you're right about her seemingly having ditched it. I just like that she's going by Kate and not Kitty.

I don't mind if she goes by Shadowcat, that's a cool code name, though I think you're right about her seemingly having ditched it. I just like that she's going by Kate and not Kitty.
    I wonder if she'll go back to Kitty post-Marauders. Especially since I imagine they'll continue adapting her as "Kitty."