Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Could the bill collector be the real Hobgoblin?
    Wasn't he working for Felicia?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I keep quiet about my sources unlike the youtube reviewer however reading the issue here some tidbits.
    spoilers:
    No mention of MJ or Paul but Peter does bring up the kiss to Felcia and asked her for dinner which she accepts. Peter going in his apartment haven't seen the bill collector in weeks with a note saying something happened to him that we will find out in ASM 14, Kingsley is blackmailing Osborn and Osborn gave in to Rod demands which Kingsley surprised how easy Osborn gave in and then the their meeting is interrupted by Hobgoblin who made mincemeat on Kingsley man(seriously, shadows of limbs flying around in a ASM title, this is not a Wolverine or Deadpool book)issue ends with Betty in the room with a dialogue of someone saying he will protect his family, not sure this happened at the same time as the Hobgoblin attack and forgot to mention, Norman asked Peter to shadow Norman as he meets with Kingsley
    end of spoilers
    At least is not the baby...yet

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    spoilers:
    No mention of MJ or Paul but Peter does bring up the kiss to Felcia and asked her for dinner which she accepts.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well, this doesn't bode well already for their relationship. We know from what Peter tells Wolverine MJ is more important to him, and now he's using Felicia as a rebound and Felicia of course is written as not being able to tell straight away what's going on and just readily goes along with it, and then Jed's going to have her keep this from MJ in their team-up series and work out how to get her blessing. What a step backwards for the character, I feel bad for McKay being lumbered with this ridiculous melodrama
    end of spoilers.

spoilers:
    So just to confirm, Roderick Kingsley gets torn into pieces by the new Hobgoblin? Seems a bit anticlimactic, but it's probably another double anyways.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by duke togo View Post
    spoilers:
    So just to confirm, Roderick Kingsley gets torn into pieces by the new Hobgoblin? Seems a bit anticlimactic, but it's probably another double anyways.
    end of spoilers
    Incorrect spoilers:
    Just his goons get torn apart, Kingsley just look shocked to see the new Hobgoblin
    end of spoilers

Weakest issue since 900. It actually felt like they were written at the same time. The story kind of even suppressed the art this issue. Peter just comes off as too green. I actually was embarassed for him in that scene after black cat. And i don't know, Norman seems the least bad in this issue when your drugging your wife while a infant is sleeping and your out on the town. i mean what if it turns or tries to lift itself out the crib or a million other things he left the mother defenseless from. i would give this a 6.5 out 10 as for Amazing Spiderman neither pete or Spiderman are coming off as very amazing.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Blech, the way they go about writing the Peter and Felicia interactions is flat out embarrassing. This is clearly a broken man, the Pete we know would not attempt to move on like this from MJ, especially after how Spencer's run went down, unfortunately it's not the first time we've seen him give up as it happened in the Brand New Day era, but that's because It's always been MJ who blocked a reconciliation under these kinds of writers, never Pete. Just a few issues ago he was telling Logan MJ was the most important thing to him, so he doesn't really care about Felicia, and Felicia is being written to be OK with this and accept his pity date.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 10-12-2022 at 05:42 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Weakest issue since 900. It actually felt like they were written at the same time. The story kind of even suppressed the art this issue. Peter just comes off as too green. I actually was embarassed for him in that scene after black cat. And i don't know, Norman seems the least bad in this issue when your drugging your wife while a infant is sleeping and your out on the town. i mean what if it turns or tries to lift itself out the crib or a million other things he left the mother defenseless from. i would give this a 6.5 out 10 as for Amazing Spiderman neither pete or Spiderman are coming off as very amazing.
    Agreed. This was the middest issue of a mid run. It was actively boring.

Nice to see Wells put a baby in danger. I was beginning to think he’d finally lost his silly edgelord tendencies when it comes to kids/babies in jeopardy but here it comes, right on schedule.

BANNED

Lowe says in the letters page Black Cat/Mary Jane will explore a key part of the six month mystery

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

You know, wasn't it in the last MJ/Black Cat team-up where the two had a heart-to-heart where Felicia confessed while she'll always love Pete, she's no longer trying to actually steal him because she's not actually in love with him anymore?

That sure as hell didn't last. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Isn't Wells just great at writing female characters ?

so I'm guessing the hobgoblin who attack Norman was supposed to be Ned but why do I feel like it's another person all together. Peter chasing Felicia instead of the other way around let's see if he is successful. So strange that Ms.Marvel is in this book you would think that with her show out she would have her own ongoing right now instead of being here with Peter
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    You know, wasn't it in the last MJ/Black Cat team-up where the two had a heart-to-heart where Felicia confessed while she'll always love Pete, she's no longer trying to actually steal him because she's not actually in love with him anymore?

That sure as hell didn't last. lol
    but she isn't stealing peter actually chasing her this time around and MJ moved on so shes not at fault
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    but she isn't stealing peter actually chasing her this time around and MJ moved on so shes not at fault
    So far it's a date and not sure how long if anything happened will last as they say they moved on, but that only means little in comics especially for Spider-Man and some of his supporting cast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't Wells just great at writing female characters ?
    I can't believe how horribly he is writing Felicia and Mary Jane (and this whole book in general). I loved how he has written Elektra in the past and in his Hellions run, his Psylocke was fantastic. But he just doesn't understand these women or Peter Parker.