Default Mad Max vs Terminator

The T-800 starts hunting Mad Max in his world. Max is informed of this while the T-800 is still a mile away. Can Max destroy or permanently escape the Terminator, or will it eventually hunt him down and kill him, even if it takes years?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    The T-800 starts hunting Mad Max in his world. Max is informed of this while the T-800 is still a mile away. Can Max destroy or permanently escape the Terminator, or will it eventually hunt him down and kill him, even if it takes years?
    It'll eventually catch him, I'd suppose. His standard gear doesn't have anything that'll end a T-800, and it's not like anyone likes him enough to help him out in the general world.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Mighty Member

One problem Max has: he has no idea what the Terminator hunting him looks like. So, he will just be a paranoid wreck the rest of his life knowing that there may be a killer cyborg after him and it could be anyone he sees. Assuming he takes off running immediately instead of getting in a confrontation right away, he will eventually just be somewhere and someone he has never met will punch through his chest and tear out his heart.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    One problem Max has: he has no idea what the Terminator hunting him looks like. So, he will just be a paranoid wreck the rest of his life knowing that there may be a killer cyborg after him and it could be anyone he sees.
    To be fair, as of Fury Road, I'm not sure that's all that much worse than his normal mental state.

And yeah, I'm trying to think of anything in the Mad Max movies that would end a T-800, because I don't think hitting it with one of those oil trucks from Road Warrior - or even mashing it between two of them - would be enough: the first Terminator needed an industrial crushing press to deal with. IIRC the second T-800 via submersion in a smeltery vat full of molten metal - flamethrowers aren't going to cut it here. It's not impossible that someone's got something like those lying around in the Australian post-apocalypse, but I don't recall if anything on that level was explicitly shown. It's been ages since I've seen Thunderdome, so maybe they've got something along those lines, but I kind of doubt it.

Of course, the real question is: Where does the Terminator first appear? Is he just running around stranded in the desert naked? If not, given the standard fashion sense of the Mad Max series, whose clothes and vehicle is he stealing? This guy's?

The-Road-Warrior-Lord-Humongous.jpg