Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oh God, yes!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Despite the Joker being overused I enjoyed Killer Smile by Lemire and the solo series from Tynion. I could not even finish Puzzle Box and avoided buying Joker War. My conclusion is even if characters are overused there can still be enjoyable material starring them. Not a fan of Reeves using the Joker like Hannibal Lector and that version.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Despite the Joker being overused I enjoyed Killer Smile by Lemire and the solo series from Tynion. I could not even finish Puzzle Box and avoided buying Joker War. My conclusion is even if characters are overused there can still be enjoyable material starring them. Not a fan of Reeves using the Joker like Hannibal Lector and that version.
    I originally had typed another comment bout how tired I am of so many Joker stuff, but I also reflected on how much I like stuff like White Knight and Puzzle Box and was perfectly fine skipping the Joker series, the Joker and Harley stuff etc. So not everything is going to appeal to you, but if there is someone who’s happy with it all more power to them I can just pick up what seems to interest me. Like the last Joker series with Tynion, I heard was really a Jim Gordon book and I could get behind something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I originally had typed another comment bout how tired I am of so many Joker stuff, but I also reflected on how much I like stuff like White Knight and Puzzle Box and was perfectly fine skipping the Joker series, the Joker and Harley stuff etc. So not everything is going to appeal to you, but if there is someone who’s happy with it all more power to them I can just pick up what seems to interest me. Like the last Joker series with Tynion, I heard was really a Jim Gordon book and I could get behind something like that.
    To me the most iconic, quintessential Joker story is.... https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Superman:_Emperor_Joker

Which is a Superman story at heart. But despite that... it actually uses Joker as more than a random lunatic... very much a lunatic though.

Amazing Member

Is normal that a Batman/TEC writer want to use Joker to tell 'his story'. But is the same with Raas or Riddler(also overused villains).
    Same with a Supers writer with Lex or Zod
    Same with a Flash writer with Reverse or Cold
    Same with a GL writer with Sinestro.
    Same with a Nightwing writer with Blockbuster.
    The problem is that is an overused villain for global treats storylines

Yes. And I think it is detrimental to the character and the stories told about him. One of the Joker's best stories "The Joker's Five-Way Revenge" came after DC not using the character for 4 years. Another absence like that would build suspense as readers would not know when the Joker would next appear and would make his reappearance more special.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Objectively. No he isn't.

Use

take, hold, or deploy (something) as a means of accomplishing or achieving something; employ.

the action of using something or the state of being used for a purpose.

DC is a business that needs to make money by meeting customer demand.
    3 Joker's was a bestsellers
    The joker made a billion without China
    The Batman who Laughs is the breakout star of metal

Majority of the customers demand Joker and are willing to pay for him so no he isn't overused.

Personally [subjectively] he was the standout in Harley Quinn season 3 though the recent comic stories with him haven't been notable.

There's plenty of material without him in it so I don't feel like he's overused. it's not like he's in so much material one can't get away from him.

He's easily avoidable.

Is water wet?

DC acts like he's the only Bat-villain or the other villains play second banana to him. Personally, I prefer Two-Face, Riddler and Penguin. DC would really push the envelope with him making him more into a Freddy Krueger type of villain and make his actions way too disturbing which is not my cup of tea.