Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I don't really understand the point that Magneto does about Xavier. Is he worried that Xavier won't be able to do what's necessary to protect mutants? That's what I understood, but it could be the opposite.
    I kinda just took it as a 50/50 thing. Like protect Xavier but also protect him from himself.

Astonishing Member

I don't really understand the point that Magneto does about Xavier. Is he worried that Xavier won't be able to do what's necessary to protect mutants? That's what I understood, but it could be the opposite.
    It felt like Magneto was saying Xavier would sacrifice the mutants to prove he has the moral high ground.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Just read it and...Absolute perfection!

Magneto's passing (I felt that to the depths of my soul and I'm hoping we get a funeral service)
    Isca's "defeat" (Though not what the cover suggested but...even better and more satisfying)
    Storm's decisions. (Pure leadership right there)
    Cable's CLK-CLAK
    The art/colours. (I need Musabekov to be Caselli's alternate going forward.)

100/10 and every Galaxy of stars.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The X-Men Are on the Verge of Being Betrayed - Again:
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-red-abigail-brand-traitor/
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I can't get over the fact that Isca was bullying her peers off panel.

Ewing really must not like her.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    It felt like Magneto was saying Xavier would sacrifice the mutants to prove he has the moral high ground.
    That's what I understood, he fears that Xavier will go back to his old X-Men position even if it ends up killing them all.

That's what I understood, he fears that Xavier will go back to his old X-Men position even if it ends up killing them all.
    Because now Magneto isn't there to keep him in line...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The X-Men Are on the Verge of Being Betrayed - Again:
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-red-abigail-brand-traitor/
    LOL.
    CBR is late. We all knew this since...SWORD.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Just read it and...Absolute perfection!

Magneto's passing (I felt that to the depths of my soul and I'm hoping we get a funeral service)
    Isca's "defeat" (Though not what the cover suggested but...even better and more satisfying)
    Storm's decisions. (Pure leadership right there)
    Cable's CLK-CLAK
    The art/colours. (I need Musabekov to be Caselli's alternate going forward.)

100/10 and every Galaxy of stars.
    I loved the death too and i have to say because of the hardcover and other books a lot is fresh with me like Storm and Magneto being the first ones on Arrako and calling for charles. This era has very much come off like she is their spiritual daughter and it came off very much like you have to look out for your other dad without me here now, us adopting you was the best thing we ever did. "Your "Sister", do you see her?" and storm being all "Yes..." whoo that scene was good.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I still don't buy Brand's reasoning for allying with genocidal robots that want to kill all organic life. It's just so weak.

Ewing better be writing some catclysmic plot twist...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

I wouldn't particularly like that. Ewing is great but I also like Duggan and I think it's better to have quality variety (Duggan/Ewing/Gillen) than just one voice.
    Duggan can have X-Force

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

It was good to see Magneto ask Storm to step up to replace him as leader of the Brotherhood like Charles asked Magneto to do for him in X-Men 200.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Duggan can have X-Force
    I don't think so. Duggan has positioned Iron Man in the Hellfire Gala alongside the rest of the Illuminati as people who are concerned about Krakoa, just as he wrote to Reed Richards at the end of his Marauders wanting to get that genocidal toy back to him. (The Illuminati were already suspiciously together at the first Hellfire Gala)

Now that Duggan is going to write Iron Man as well, I suspect he has plans for the Illuminati and Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I loved the death too and i have to say because of the hardcover and other books a lot is fresh with me like Storm and Magneto being the first ones on Arrako and calling for charles. This era has very much come off like she is their spiritual daughter and it came off very much like you have to look out for your other dad without me here now, us adopting you was the best thing we ever did. "Your "Sister", do you see her?" and storm being all "Yes..." whoo that scene was good.
    Exactatiously.
    I can't remember when I've last felt this deeply emotional over a story arc...it could have been Illyana's death in XM 303...but I felt every scene of this issue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    This really brilliantly played off of the plot point from SWORD about Brand preparing herself for if she lost memory in the resurrection process.
    That is a really good point. During SWORD, those data entries were (1) to show how sketchy Brand is, and (2) to provide the reader with information that the other characters didn't have.

Now, with this issue, it takes on a new dimension of it being (3) Brand trying to get around gaps in resurrection and (4) away for Cable to snoop.

Pretty great writing by Ewing to get 4 uses out of these datapages.