Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

I mean, Abigail Brand was never a good person. She's just found herself on the protagonists bad sides this time. Nothing Nick Fury hasn't done before.

Thoroughly ENJOYED THIS ISSUE <3!

There was a lot to unpack but the emotions were running deep!

Magneto's death was the heart of the issue for me. I was hoping he would somehow recover because comics, but as hard as it was to see him die I like the way that it was done. He died a hero and stayed true to who he was until his last breath. His exchange with Storm was great here, and the impact it had on her was profound. He may not be her mentor as Xavier was but it's clear he has always had a place of respect with her. His last request to her seems like it will play a critical role in how Storm moves forward, and I am eager to see how she would approach it if she thinks Xavier will be a threat to the mission of Krakoa.

I am weirdly enamored with Isca. I enjoyed her getting taken down a peg in this issue. She's been such a biznitch this whole run. I did want to see a showdown between her and Storm, as the cover illuded to that, but I like that her defeat came in the form of The Fisher King teaching her a harsh lesson about her powers and why her victories are hollow. I expect to see her again, with maybe Death, War and/or Genesis and Apoc at her side.

I will admit to some initial disappointment with Storm stepping down as Regent. I feel like this is happening too soon and we haven't had a chance to see her really leverage the role in a meaningful way yet. However, I also feel like her reason for doing so fits her character and highlights part of what makes her such a great leader, puttin the needs of the Arakki ahead of any personal (or krakoan) agenda. Even standing up to Isca knowing they would lose felt like an inspiring moment. It would be great to hear the other's in the GR reflect on their perception of Storm and Magneto now that they have fought and died together. Taking the Seat of Loss is fitting under the circumstances. I am curious to see how this will play out once Brand learns of this. Vulcan is obviously going to get resurrected and Lodus is fated to die so I think we will see more upheaval on the GR. I hope she will still serve as the Voice of Sol, even with holding the Seat of Loss, and that she continues to help shape the Arrakii and cultivate the relationship with Krakoa no matter the position she holds. With Magneto's death I can see Storm thinking of adding the Nova to the Brotherhood, along with the crew we see at end of Red #6.

The ending with Cable was delicious! Click Clack! Put a big smile on my face. I think we know who his X-Men Red will be so far, but I am hoping Frenzy is still included, and Khora as well. Looking forward to seeing how this starts to play out w/ Cable leading his team in #8 - #10.

Red #7 = 10/10..a Ewing masterpiece IMHO
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 10-08-2022 at 01:11 PM.

All-New Member

Mags is "dead". We all know that won't last

Quote Originally Posted by logansrunt View Post
    Mags is "dead". We all know that won't last
    No doubt. If we’re lucky for a long run in Red I hope his return is handled by Ewing, and he continues under his pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    No doubt. If we’re lucky for a long run in Red I hope his return is handled by Ewing, and he continues under his pen.
    Yeah no way Ewing ends his series without bringing him back.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't think he will.
    Ewing is the kind of writer who understands the importance of his plots and how they shape and affect his story going forward. And wouldn't bring Magneto back unless mandated to do so. I could easily see him leaving that decision up to the next writer if when they feel so inclined.

Personally, it would be refreshing if he wasn't brought back at all in this era. It worked for Colossus who died heroically in one era but was inexplicably (to this day I still don't understand what Whedon was trying to say with that plot) in another.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Yeah no way Ewing ends his series without bringing him back.
    I’ve never understood the “put all the toys back in the box” philosophy that a lot of writers have nowadays. Leads to lantern stagnation and makes their stories feel less relevant.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

After re-reading my XMR issues this morning I would love for Ewing to spearhead his own XM-Event.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    After re-reading my XMR issues this morning I would love for Ewing to spearhead his own XM-Event.
    Yes, please, and thank you.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I’ve never understood the “put all the toys back in the box” philosophy that a lot of writers have nowadays. Leads to lantern stagnation and makes their stories feel less relevant.
    Like episodes of the Simpsons

He sort of did with that GotG cross-over. Unfortunately it was mediocre at best.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

Personally, it would be refreshing if he wasn't brought back at all in this era. It worked for Colossus who died heroically in one era but was inexplicably (to this day I still don't understand what Whedon was trying to say with that plot) in another.
    Not to forget that it greatly improves a return from the "dead" when it's pushed back long enough that it will actualy be a suprise or something which is noticable again.

Deaths of established characters might have lost it's impact in super hero comics, because of the revolving door nature, but shouldn't that also mean that the returns have to even more impactfull and well crafted or executed instead?

It's one reason why i think the whole RP system as an in universe "get out of death free card" was such a problematic narrative choice, because it just made deaths and returns alike awkwardly unimportant.

So yeah let Magneto have his dramatic death here and let him build up some years of excitment for his unavoidable return.

Exactatiously

Ultimate Member

I don't think he will.
    Ewing is the kind of writer who understands the importance of his plots and how they shape and affect his story going forward. And wouldn't bring Magneto back unless mandated to do so. I could easily see him leaving that decision up to the next writer if when they feel so inclined.

I do think he'll stay dead for at least a bit, but I do wonder what it portends for the mutant amnesty side of Krakoa. Magneto is probably the biggest face of mutant amnesty for the average person, since few if any people on Earth really know as much about Exodus or Cassandra Nova or Sinister. Magneto had a long career, made many impassioned public spectacles, compared to just about any other mutant villain, and, even if many mutant villains are far less redeemed than he is (and / or have FAR bigger body counts), he's the 'face' that most people would recognize.

And he really was the one, IMO, who *worked* for the redemption he got. He earned it far more than almost any other person who's benefitted from Krakoa's mutant amnesty. (Certainly more than people who are *still* doing villainous things, like Selene or Shaw or the Fenris twins.)

And he's dead. Even more 'redeemed' than he was before. And folk like Sinister just keep benefitting from *his* redemptive acts...

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It's one reason why i think the whole RP system as an in universe "get out of death free card" was such a problematic narrative choice, because it just made deaths and returns alike awkwardly unimportant.
    I think the other problem with it is that characters are now dying so much more frequently than before just to make use of the Protocols in-story, even the most experienced of X-Men. It forces the question - are they being reckless now? Are they for some reason less competent? Have the villains just gotten more dangerous all of a sudden?

I'm torn on it though, because I love the idea of mutant circuits and this is a pretty clever one from Hickman.