Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    In months time storm has begun the healing process of centuries of trauma in a massive scale, she's instituted change in such a way that the entire greart ring has shifted. It doesn't get enough discussion and we should be discussing it.
    It's such a powerful, underlying through line. Krakoans are considered young to the Arakki and yet here is Storm who approaches life in a different way and is still a powerful figure. It's intriguing and amazing to them, and has already set in motion an entire change to the people that will only continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Just read it and...Absolute perfection!

Magneto's passing (I felt that to the depths of my soul and I'm hoping we get a funeral service)
    Isca's "defeat" (Though not what the cover suggested but...even better and more satisfying)
    Storm's decisions. (Pure leadership right there)
    Cable's CLK-CLAK
    The art/colours. (I need Musabekov to be Caselli's alternate going forward.)

100/10 and every Galaxy of stars.
    All of this right here. I'm also looking forward to seeing Nova joining the Brotherhood (if the group photo cover is an accurate depiction of things to come) and what that means the story going forward intergalactically.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Im just gonna say it.

I think Al Ewing should be writing both X-Men and X-Men Red (Uncanny X-Men)

Hopefully when Duggan is done Ewing will take over.
    I love Al Ewing. He is the most creative writer that Marvel has.
    But I don't think he should be the main writer. Ewing's strength lies in the fact that he can take the meta story that someone is crafting and completely expand that idea into a functional and believable world-state that everyone else exists in.
    Putting him in a position where not only is he having to come up with the core ideas of the run but also expand them out is too much heavy lifting for one writer.

Obviously its not going to happen. And I also dont think Ewing is one note like that he's capable of adapting. That's his best quality. Also his dialogue is just the best out of all the X-Slack.

Ugh I hate being at work all day and missing so much of this discourse.

As per usual love this book and excited to see where it goes. The last bits of Magneto’s about Charles doing something horrible to be seen as “good” got me thinking that whenever we have our next big Event/ Next Act of this Krakoa saga it needs to be Ewing leading the charge. If they’re going to bombard us with events i at least want this man writing.

I’m mixed on Storm giving up her seat for the Seat of Loss. If this last wish and watching Charles thing leads somewhere then great, but for all her time on the QC they haven’t shown her doing anything interesting. Also a little salty that Gillen pretty much wasted the cliffhanger from issue #6… I wanted to see that amazing squad gang up on Uranos and get their revenge.

My only complaints:

- Sobunar was not put in charge. Trust not the words of a poet, Storm, as he is born to seduce. Sobunar would be a great leader and I love him.
    - Isca's backstory would have had much more of an impact if we actually saw them, instead of limiting them to a summary on a data page. But I understand that comic books have limitations that they have to work with, so I don't blame them for going this route. They wouldn't be able to convey all of that information otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I thought the data page telling of Isca life was perfect because that is all they were. A blur of moments she had no real agency in until she decided to break the very culture of Arrako and walk away in a confrontation.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Also the art was on point. Just gorgeous. Red's been lucky to have some truly stellar artists. I thought the most badass moment of the issue was Lodus staring down Isca and telling her art is forever and never dies. Homegirl was shook!
    Last edited by Saturius; 10-05-2022 at 04:06 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Just read it and...Absolute perfection!

Magneto's passing (I felt that to the depths of my soul and I'm hoping we get a funeral service)
    Isca's "defeat" (Though not what the cover suggested but...even better and more satisfying)
    Storm's decisions. (Pure leadership right there)
    Cable's CLK-CLAK
    The art/colours. (I need Musabekov to be Caselli's alternate going forward.)

100/10 and every Galaxy of stars.
    Agreed completely, looking forward to Cable dealing with Brand, Storm work as the link between Arrako and Earth and hopefully we will get Magneto´s funeral in next issues once Judgment Day is done.

I really loved Magneto´s last words, those are exactly what I thought he would say once he saw that image of Anya and his warning about Charles is understable, after all he had to see Onslaught secretly growing inside of Charles again so there´s a precedent of him losing his way when in the middle of a personal crisis.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yep. I definitely got goosebumps. The best Cable is a pissed off, highly motivated and violent Cable. Let’s do this!

Cannot wait for early November (my birthday week) to see Cable spring his trap and unleash his own X-men Red team. Who do we think is on it? Thunderbird and Manifold for sure. Probably Taki too.
    Thunderbird and Manifold are for sure a part of it, and I would consider Taki a member as well after this issue. I am thinking Khora of the Burning Heart and Wrongslide as well. Really, how is it that we are getting a crappy version of X-Force with Omega Red and Quentin, when this group of characters is made for the title. I say cancel X-Force and let Ewing relaunch it with his team of X-Men Red.

I’m with you on that, Technopriest!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I loved this issue. Magneto's scenes were powerful and impactful. I also loved Storm here. I admit I don't follow this book as well as I follow Duggan's but I know this tends to be a quality book with a great creative team. I did recently add X-men Red to my pull list and will continue to follow Storm's story here.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Thunderbird and Manifold are for sure a part of it, and I would consider Taki a member as well after this issue. I am thinking Khora of the Burning Heart and Wrongslide as well. Really, how is it that we are getting a crappy version of X-Force with Omega Red and Quentin, when this group of characters is made for the title. I say cancel X-Force and let Ewing relaunch it with his team of X-Men Red.
    Sign me up for sure. I thoroughly enjoy the Thunderbird/Cable dynamic and Manifold is always a welcome bonus.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

One more thing...

Ding-dong the Isca is gone! O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

One more thing...

Ding-dong the Isca is gone! O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
    She's going to join the QC.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Sign me up for sure. I thoroughly enjoy the Thunderbird/Cable dynamic and Manifold is always a welcome bonus.
    The Cable/Thunderbird dynamic is reminiscent of Cyclops/ Logan yet Ewing managed to surprise us by having them already working together towards a common goal instead of having them be rivals for a whole year and then coming to a head. Ewing completely surprised me with that, by having both characters be competent enough not to let Brand fool them and still establish them as rivals. And Eden was great as the voice of reason who's to cool for school to let the two alphas get too much out of line. I really, really want to read an X-Force title with these characters instead of what we got. And damn, Ewin made me a fan of the Arakki, I am actually rooting for them and I don't really care for Krakoa all that much.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 10-16-2022 at 09:39 AM.