Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    One more thing...

Ding-dong the Isca is gone! O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
    I quite enjoyed watching her walk away. It was beyond time.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    She's going to join the QC.
    Oh Lord, no.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    One more thing...

Ding-dong the Isca is gone! O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    She's going to join the QC.
    I'd love for Isca to go up against Emma and Shaw in a battle of sh!t talk.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I love Storm's jacket with pikes so much, I hope she keeps it.
    And yes so ready for some Cable action, I too would love to see Cannonball and Sunspot helping him and why not Hope too.
    Amazing art, will miss Mags

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I quite enjoyed watching her walk away. It was beyond time.

Oh Lord, no.
    My money's on her linking up with Orchis. LOL
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Magneto’s death scene was kind of sweet, but it also reminded me of Deadpool’s excessively long death scene in Deadpool 2. “Codswallop!”.

Waiting for Magneto to come back to life now.

I wonder when we'll see Isca again

I'm assuming Magneto will be back whenever there is another kind of pivotal moment for mutantkind. He can't be forced back into resurrection since there are no backups, but he'll still be in the Waiting Room and he can choose to come back if he feels he's needed. Perhaps it'll be Wanda who goes into the Waiting Room to convince him to come back.

so, magneto survived a genocide just to be killed in a genocide. Sometimes X-Men comics are quite dark and disgusting...I don't know if that was really necessary...

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    so, magneto survived a genocide just to be killed in a genocide. Sometimes X-Men comics are quite dark and disgusting...I don't know if that was really necessary...
    He died beating up a bald man who wears a girdle.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

If the protocols get some kind of limit like Starfox implied then that'd be a reasonable justification why Magneto doesnt come back the second the next big threat happens

I was really excited to get this issue. I have moved to digital editions through ComiXology so I can read the titles I'm following on the day of release. It's difficult for me to reach physical stores on a regular basis and while I love Marvel Unlimited for back issues, waiting three months for current titles means it's impossible to avoid spoilers. It was great to read an issue of X-Men Red without knowing the ending!

In my excitement, I reread all the previous issues ahead of this one. I've been outspoken in not being a huge fan of the Krakoa era, but I also want to find (and credit) the parts of it I do enjoy, and this sure is one of the bright spots. Storm has seen more character development in these seven issues than in the last few years combined! Her complicated relationship with Magneto has been the highlight of this series so far for me. Her grappling with what it means to be a leader of a nation rather than just a team and her gradual acceptance of Arakii culture culminated fantastically in this issue as she honoured Magneto's sacrifice by taking his empty seat.

Magneto had his own badass moments too. While I will miss him, this was a great (inevitably temporary) end to his arc. His despair over the resurrection protocols reaching Anya and his vision of her as he passed away were really powerful. I'm sad we didn't get to see more of him teaming up with Storm ahead of his death, or interacting more with Sunspot - who had his own awesome moment when he emerged with the Night Council. Positioning him as a 'good' version of Brand - in terms of operating in the shadows with his own agenda - is an inspired set-up for the character. I really hope we get to see him reunited with Cannonball soon. Sam is one of my favourite characters and I've always enjoyed their dynamic.

On top of that, we have a whole host of exciting characters that have yet to properly explore - Cable, Thunderbird and Nova being at the top of that list for me. I've loved Nova since Annihilation so am really pleased with his addition here.

It would be interesting to see Magneto brought back against his wishes. The resurrection protocols sub-plot will no doubt be closed off at some point, but before that, having someone resurrected who expressly didn't want to be would force some complex ethical discussions and delve into a deeper level of detail that most X-titles have avoided in this era.

I only have a couple of nitpicks, one being don't really understand Isca's powers. Her deal is that she can't lose - but does it mean she has to accept challenges? Why did she not simply choose not to engage with Sunspot's bet in #3 and the Fisher King's question in this issue, just as she has abstained from votes on the Great Ring? Does her power influence external factors or does she have some form of instinctive precognition? She also clearly can lose, because she turned on the Great Ring even though they ultimately defeated Uranos. Does this mean that her power is short-term? I may be missing explanatory details, but I suspect that it's a power that works better as a concept than in execution.

Also, while Ewing has successful increased my interest in the Arakii - which I previously thought impossible - I still find a lot of the characters weird for the sake of it, which sometimes comes across as empty rather than creative to me. I'm also a bit bored of seeing "that's an insult!" or words to those effect every time a character mentions giving help, but that's a small irritation in what is otherwise a masterpiece of a run so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    I was really excited to get this issue. I have moved to digital editions through ComiXology so I can read the titles I'm following on the day of release. It's difficult for me to reach physical stores on a regular basis and while I love Marvel Unlimited for back issues, waiting three months for current titles means it's impossible to avoid spoilers. It was great to read an issue of X-Men Red without knowing the ending!

In my excitement, I reread all the previous issues ahead of this one. I've been outspoken in not being a huge fan of the Krakoa era, but I also want to find (and credit) the parts of it I do enjoy, and this sure is one of the bright spots. Storm has seen more character development in these seven issues than in the last few years combined! Her complicated relationship with Magneto has been the highlight of this series so far for me. Her grappling with what it means to be a leader of a nation rather than just a team and her gradual acceptance of Arakii culture culminated fantastically in this issue as she honoured Magneto's sacrifice by taking his empty seat.

Magneto had his own badass moments too. While I will miss him, this was a great (inevitably temporary) end to his arc. His despair over the resurrection protocols reaching Anya and his vision of her as he passed away were really powerful. I'm sad we didn't get to see more of him teaming up with Storm ahead of his death, or interacting more with Sunspot - who had his own awesome moment when he emerged with the Night Council. Positioning him as a 'good' version of Brand - in terms of operating in the shadows with his own agenda - is an inspired set-up for the character. I really hope we get to see him reunited with Cannonball soon. Sam is one of my favourite characters and I've always enjoyed their dynamic.

On top of that, we have a whole host of exciting characters that have yet to properly explore - Cable, Thunderbird and Nova being at the top of that list for me. I've loved Nova since Annihilation so am really pleased with his addition here.

It would be interesting to see Magneto brought back against his wishes. The resurrection protocols sub-plot will no doubt be closed off at some point, but before that, having someone resurrected who expressly didn't want to be would force some complex ethical discussions and delve into a deeper level of detail that most X-titles have avoided in this era.

I only have a couple of nitpicks, one being don't really understand Isca's powers. Her deal is that she can't lose - but does it mean she has to accept challenges? Why did she not simply choose not to engage with Sunspot's bet in #3 and the Fisher King's question in this issue, just as she has abstained from votes on the Great Ring? Does her power influence external factors or does she have some form of instinctive precognition? She also clearly can lose, because she turned on the Great Ring even though they ultimately defeated Uranos. Does this mean that her power is short-term? I may be missing explanatory details, but I suspect that it's a power that works better as a concept than in execution.

Also, while Ewing has successful increased my interest in the Arakii - which I previously thought impossible - I still find a lot of the characters weird for the sake of it, which sometimes comes across as empty rather than creative to me. I'm also a bit bored of seeing "that's an insult!" or words to those effect every time a character mentions giving help, but that's a small irritation in what is otherwise a masterpiece of a run so far.
    You better speak on it! Ewing really stepped in front of all those writers who said they didn’t “get” Storm or that they had their “hands tied” and said “this is how it’s done”.

You’re inspiring me to go back and read the whole thing (perhaps starting with SWORD).

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    You better speak on it! Ewing really stepped in front of all those writers who said they didn’t “get” Storm or that they had their “hands tied” and said “this is how it’s done”.

You’re inspiring me to go back and read the whole thing (perhaps starting with SWORD).
    I really enjoyed the reread, especially for Storm's arc. I'd forgotten how awesome her "no more thrones" moment in #1 was. I hope this title firmly re-establishes Storm at the forefront of the X-Men, where she belongs! I'd love to see her on the flagship title alongside Cyclops and Jean (and ideally Logan too) - written by Ewing of course.

I have a feeling we could see the relaunch of such a flagship book with the X-men ‘97 cartoon coming next year. Would make sense to have a book with an all-star creative team featuring Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Logan, Beast, Rogue, etc.

Ewing would definitely be my choice to write it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I have a feeling we could see the relaunch of such a flagship book with the X-men ‘97 cartoon coming next year. Would make sense to have a book with an all-star creative team featuring Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Logan, Beast, Rogue, etc.

Ewing would definitely be my choice to write it.
    The way they are writing Beast doesn't make me too confident they have plans for it any time soon.