Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yep. I definitely got goosebumps. The best Cable is a pissed off, highly motivated and violent Cable. Let’s do this!

Cannot wait for early November (my birthday week) to see Cable spring his trap and unleash his own X-men Red team. Who do we think is on it? Thunderbird and Manifold for sure. Probably Taki too.
    Probably Santo as well Wrong Slide i think they was calling him

Astonishing Member

Probably controversial, but I could see this being up Ewing's alley particularly for the avenues it creates for a character arc all about the concept of self-identity and what truly makes a person distinctly themselves.....building on points he laid the groundwork for with Wrongslide in an earlier issue, but now further explored in more specific ways with much higher stakes.

But I would not be surprised if this leads to the return of Joseph, as Xavier's loophole allowing him to honor the letter of Magneto's decision not to resurrect while very much trying to circumvent it in spirit, or on technicalities.

Because, for example....there have literally been times in Joseph's past when he himself firmly believed he was the real Magneto.

Sooooo....if Xavier were to agree to honor Magneto's last wishes and not resurrect him anyway, while arguing that there's still a need for his power and they're all weaker for the loss of one of their key omegas....this could easily be used as his justification for resurrecting Joseph instead, with Maddie and Gabby's resurrections having laid out the precedent there. And if he were to then play fast and loose with WHICH back-up and what point in the timeline of Joseph's consciousness Xavier brings him back with.....perhaps one where he's in the middle of an identity crisis and still calling himself Joseph which would appease any surface level or kneejerk suspicions people might have of Xavier's motivations here....but with Joseph still brought back at a point where even calling himself that, he's very much predisposed or open to BEING convinced he's the real Magneto....

Theoretically, something like this, buttressed by Xavier maybe later slipping a few key bits from Magneto's back-ups to further cement Joseph's self-perception, like....that could be something Xavier convinces himself could viably lead to getting back a version of Magneto that's MOSTLY him. Or at least more him than not, matching Magneto in the particular ways Xavier considers to be most definitively him, all while telling himself that nobody knows his old friend better than he does, so if anyone is 'qualified' to know what elements are MOST integral to Magneto's being, surely it'd be him....

And if Ororo, keeping a particularly close eye on Xavier as of Magneto's last request, were to because of this figure out exactly what Xavier was doing with Joseph....hoo boy would that ignite conflict. Especially with a Joseph mid-identity crisis thrown into the mix, and no real way to know which side he himself would land on, torn between memories he was maybe given of Magneto's long history with Xavier, and between the way everything he knows about the most recent version of 'him/Magneto' shows his closest ties before his death being with Storm.

Plus, there's the added stakes of Ororo maybe not sure HOW best to go about confronting or challenging Xavier on this, because publicly calling out his actions involves alerting everyone to how Xavier's gamed the resurrection system itself in ways that directly circumvent or diminish a resurrected mutant's autonomy and agency, potentially igniting all kinds of fall-out from that reveal alone.

Soooo....lots that could be done with Joseph at this specific junction, that raises all sorts of quandaries, questions of ethics, agency and identity, not to mention possible plot directions.

As to the future of the Great Ring in general, one of the things I'm most looking forward to is what happens with the three empty seats, whichever three actually end up for grabs once the current sitting members finalize their actual seats. Tbh, I'm kinda expecting this to be the point Vulcan re-enters the book, and in accordance with how Ewing said he would be coming back more dangerous and powerful than ever.....gunning for one of the empty seats now might have a MUCH different end result than his last attempt did. I could see a number of ways Gabe ends up on the Ring and takes over as Storm's antagonist-within-the-Ring-itself where Isca left off, especially now that the rest of the Ring feels like more of an actually united front than it has previously.

Course, I'm not saying I WANT Gabe to land himself a seat, just that I think its likely to happen. Ideally, my preference is we'd get three brand new Arakkii characters debuting as the claimants of the empty seats after beating out whatever rivals they had while getting there. But, again, as I don't think that's actually what's going to happen, I'm just crossing fingers that's it and the other two seats WILL get new Arakkii characters in them. *Shrugs* We'll see.

Oh and I really was not expecting the Lodus Logos glow-up over the last couple issues, but he's fast becoming a fave whereas I'd initially kinda assumed he was the most likely member of the Ring to end up just a background character. LOL, that was a mistake, clearly.

Honestly Krakoan mutants being on the great ring was a mistake and I've never liked it.

I wish that they'd all step down.

Or maybe it's time for Isca to join the QC to even things out since she has so much free time now...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yep. I definitely got goosebumps. The best Cable is a pissed off, highly motivated and violent Cable. Let’s do this!

Cannot wait for early November (my birthday week) to see Cable spring his trap and unleash his own X-men Red team. Who do we think is on it? Thunderbird and Manifold for sure. Probably Taki too.
    My fingers are crossed that Cannonball will be on the team as well since we see him on the chess boards cover for #9. I've missed Sam.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

They've hinted that the protocols will change after this event ends so maybe that'll actually be a genuine death for a while

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    They've hinted that the protocols will change after this event ends so maybe that'll actually be a genuine death for a while
    He'll be back just in time to see Brand fall.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

I'm actually wondering if this will be used to get back a "destroy humanity" Magneto back in time for the MCU.

Actually, this could be used to produce an Xavier without (or a whole lot less) baggage.

OG Storm mentioned this in the Ororo appreciation thread and I want to second it. It's been beautiful to watch not only Storm and Magneto make adjustments to better align with the Arakki, but also how the Arakki have culturally shifted due to their presence. They watched Storm with her teammates, they watched her rush to Sunspot's defense when he faced off with Isca the first time. They learned about teamwork, something they didn't really do. They started protecting each other which is normally seen as an insult. They witnessed an intimate life force exchange moment between two fellow Omegas. Despite being thousands of years old, it's just wonderful to watch the Arakki learning new things and being open to more.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Im just gonna say it.

I think Al Ewing should be writing both X-Men and X-Men Red (Uncanny X-Men)

Hopefully when Duggan is done Ewing will take over.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    OG Storm mentioned this in the Ororo appreciation thread and I want to second it. It's been beautiful to watch not only Storm and Magneto make adjustments to better align with the Arakki, but also how the Arakki have culturally shifted due to their presence. They watched Storm with her teammates, they watched her rush to Sunspot's defense when he faced off with Isca the first time. They learned about teamwork, something they didn't really do. They started protecting each other which is normally seen as an insult. They witnessed an intimate life force exchange moment between two fellow Omegas. Despite being thousands of years old, it's just wonderful to watch the Arakki learning new things and being open to more.
    In months time storm has begun the healing process of centuries of trauma in a massive scale, she's instituted change in such a way that the entire greart ring has shifted. It doesn't get enough discussion and we should be discussing it.

I don't really understand the point that Magneto does about Xavier. Is he worried that Xavier won't be able to do what's necessary to protect mutants? That's what I understood, but it could be the opposite.

Very strong issue, enjoyed it more on second read. Any issues i may have aren't with Ewing or Red but seeing where this goes next for storm. the logical conclusion is it opens her up for more with less "but she here or there or bias" and i love the idea of her family being planets. lol. Who else can say they are born from earth but also in essence gives life and nutures another planet which she still does. I love the idea that now she only takes the reigns when as Magneto said they are losing a war which gives her the opportunity to be that big gun but still operate more independently.

Really enjoyed seeing WizKid again and was like "Yasss!" when cable was getting those deets on Brand.The art was good but i miss Caselli on art for sure. I mean there was nothing weak about the issue if i'm honest this was the most logical conclusion and resolution especially to the isca situation. Whats important now is just what comes next. I also like that now she can truly be on both councils as well without all that "she has to be more bias to one than the other." Yeah so 9 out of 10 on second read. Tbere is a huge difference between a good/bad story and personal preference. Anything i didn't like here was personal preference and on what i think marvel and other writers will/won't do.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Im just gonna say it.

This would be a dream come true especially if he was given the free rein and creative control that Hickman was given.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Im just gonna say it.

I wouldn't particularly like that. Ewing is great but I also like Duggan and I think it's better to have quality variety (Duggan/Ewing/Gillen) than just one voice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Wish we knew who would take the empty seats
    Mutants from Arrako and possibly Krakoa?