Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thank god at least Superman's front and center. Can't help but notice the others have similar costume designs. Maybe a team book with those five (who's in the hood, Natasha)? They might just have caught on to the idea that Jon is not Superman and can't carry the title, both in name and literally. The idea of a team Super-book with the spinoffs doesn't sound terrible on its face. Jon and Kenan can't carry titles on their own, Kon might not anymore because of his terrible mismanagement, and while I'd argue Kara can, her being in a leader role on a team could be cool.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-05-2022 at 03:36 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Thank god at least Superman's front and center. Can't help but notice the others have similar costume designs. Maybe a team book with those five (who's in the hood, Natasha)? They might just have caught on to the idea that Jon is not Superman and can't carry the title, both in name and literally. The idea of a team Super-book with the spinoffs doesn't sound terrible on its face. Jon and Kenan can't carry titles on their own, Kon might not anymore because of his terrible mismanagement, and while I'd argue Kara can, her being in a leader role on a team could be cool.
    This is news from last week, but Action Comics is the book that will feature all of the superfam. PKJ is still writing it as well: https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...EGjs3napUIxKow

Ahh, I see. I guess how I ultimately feel on that hinges on if Superman gets the Superman title back. He needs his solo.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The all look like versions of Superboy which is not a good sign when Jon and Kenan are both Superman.
    I thought Jon was Conner when I first saw it before I saw the one in the leather jacket in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The all look like versions of Superboy which is not a good sign when Jon and Kenan are both Superman.
    The answer would be for each to get new code names. This is more than likely for Kenan. With Jon it all depends on if DC stops being stubborn.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Ahh, I see. I guess how I ultimately feel on that hinges on if Superman gets the Superman title back. He needs his solo.
    My guess is we get a new third Superman title like man of steel feautring Clark, it makes little sense for Clark himself to not have his own book.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    This is news from last week, but Action Comics is the book that will feature all of the superfam. PKJ is still writing it as well: https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...EGjs3napUIxKow
    So it's true. I read that at a comic book site but couldn't believe Superman would not have his own book - given that Jon's Son of Superman book will continue. Unfortunate will Superman "guest" star at times in Action?
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 10-05-2022 at 04:36 PM.

Action comics as the new family title is a good thing,giving a place to these SUPER characters is a good thing ,mostly when they can't carry their own books ,or DC won't allow it at the moment.

And I get the team feel they are going for ,but these are characters that need to be shown to be great in their own way,not as just another team member,a team where everyone will have the same powers and look the same
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    My guess is we get a new third Superman title like man of steel feautring Clark, it makes little sense for Clark himself to not have his own book.
    Hopefully. I'm waiting to rage this time as there's still the opportunity that a new title for him will be announced. If not though and SOKL keeps on going as the only Super solo.... yeah.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    From the back, it's Conner, Steel, Superman of China, Kara, Jon, and Clark in the center
    I mean that Clark in the foreground looks very young, if that's supposed to be him in present day. Looking like that, he would get carded if he went to a licensed bar.

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...vVD6P2OfhqPqdA

I think this is Waid’s magic event for next year since it’s using a BvR cover, and while I didn’t expect Superman to play a role it wouldn’t be surprising if Waid wanted to use Clark in the event. Hope he includes Kenan since Kenan is basically the magic Superman.

Very high chance they’re announcing a new Superman ongoing at NYCC. Williamson is probably writing it since he’s the only one on the panel who hasn’t done anything solo with Superman yet, and all the rest either have Superman books out now or will soon.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hmm...not sure how I feel about this.

Action being a Superfamily book? Great! That's a good idea. But the costumes...just don't do it for me.

Like, the homogenized costumes and looks make sense from a team aspect, but for a casts that has their own unique, distinct, looks...it really doesn't work.

Conner probably looks the best but he is the least changed. Jon can work without a cape but that's not his best hairstyle.

Kara and Kenan need capes. But at least they realized that Kara needed something to break up the blue and she's got her long hair back.

Mora can make a turd look good ,so it's distracting from analyzing this for what it is
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm amused because it seems like no one can ever give Jon a haircut that everyone likes

Also thats clearly Steel in the background, she's wearing the same metal suit she's been wearing throughout the run
    The original haircut was pretty damn good. Don't give him a hair cut keep it messy..Atleast go for something like cyborg009.

And i prefer no capes for jon..if at all cyborg 009 would be what i go for.. A long scarf wrapped around kneck..Alas jon has no appeal now .i have too many head canon.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"