Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

What I do like about the jackets is that they’re uniform and yet slightly unique at the same time. Could they be more unique? Sure. But it also looks like each character may have their own uni underneath the jacket so there’s more potential to stand out if/when they’re not donning the jackets. Ordinarily, I would prefer Kenan with a cape, but I think in this case it would detract from the uniqueness (and coolness) of the Changshan. I def prefer Jon with a sleek no cape look, but I’d prefer Kara with one. Jon's jacket almost looks more like a pullover fit, while the others have a zip or some sort of full length enclosure.
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 10-06-2022 at 04:18 AM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

They need to bring Power Girl over here. She's part of the fam and I'd love to her interact fully with everyone else together.

Astonishing Member

My man Clark is front and center! This better mean he's the main draw in the book as opposed to a guest star. I'm hoping he'll have a solo announced as well. Unfortunately he's a little too young looking but otherwise, no complaints from me.

Jon's suit is like a weird mesh of his aged up suits, the mock side pockets from Bendis, the shield from his time with the Legion and the red shoulder "pads" since FS but now extending further down. I am puzzled as to why he looks like Conner though. I think they should have kept his lush locks but matured them a bit to match his age, it's a big part of his look since his intro. I haven't really liked anything since his age up. They've now given him a fade that's Conner's look and it's awkward. Is it too late to change Jon's eyes to match Lois'? He needs at least one or two things that scream that is Lois' son and no I don't mean his career path.

I have no complaints about Kenan, Conner (I'm not sure about adding colour to the jacket though), I'm not enamoured with the jeans and t-shirt as many here seem to be, maybe use the black background for the shield instead of the classic yellow, it could be the best of both worlds. I like Kara's look but she needs a cape.

The jacket for Natasha is a no. It just looks weird. I wish JHI was included as some have said, not having him as Clark's right hand is a missed opportunity really but then without giving Natasha a unique/different role from her uncle, one of the Steels would feel redundant and sadly John Henry didn't make the cut for this promo art.

The art is amazing as usual, however, the shields on the shoulders is making these suits look way too cluttered. It's unnecessary when they all have a massive "S" sprawled across the chest!

I'm not opposed to some name updates, in fact I welcome it!
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 10-06-2022 at 06:43 AM.

I think this is supposed to be a young team, that's why John isn't there, I think he will be a supporting role with superman's new book.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Hmm looks like this isn’t related to the rumored DC Magic event after all?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Hmm looks like this isn’t related to the rumored DC Magic event after all?
    More 90s nostalgia, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    More 90s nostalgia, lol.
    Going to be doubly ironic if Waid is the one writing this
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    They need to bring Power Girl over here. She's part of the fam and I'd love to her interact fully with everyone else together.
    Wish granted? She's on two teasers alongside Superman (see Vordan's post above).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wonder if Waid is relaunching Shazam because Billy is back with his classic look.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    What I do like about the jackets is that they’re uniform and yet slightly unique at the same time. Could they be more unique? Sure. But it also looks like each character may have their own uni underneath the jacket so there’s more potential to stand out if/when they’re not donning the jackets. Ordinarily, I would prefer Kenan with a cape, but I think in this case it would detract from the uniqueness (and coolness) of the Changshan. I def prefer Jon with a sleek no cape look, but I’d prefer Kara with one. Jon's jacket almost looks more like a pullover fit, while the others have a zip or some sort of full length enclosure.
    I guess to me they look so distinct and iconic in a personalized sense that any kind of homogeneity feels wrong.

Other teasers have been revealed that make it clear this is related to Waid’s stuff. Going to be very funny if Waid retcons Electric Blue Superman to be magic-related. Love that suit and it’s great to see Marquez draw it.

Is it an event?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Is it an event?
    That’s the rumor. Looks like this might be what Federeci got stolen from Action for, twice now they’ve stolen PKJ’s artists for events. Better give him someone good to make up for that…

That’s the rumor. Looks like this might be what Federeci got stolen from Action for, twice now they’ve stolen PKJ’s artists for events. Better give him someone good to make up for that…
    The magic event rumored by BC?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I can’t imagine they don’t give PKJ an A list artist with the big Superman push that seems to be happening

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I mean I'm glad they're remembering that Karen is part of the Superfam. I wish she wasn't seemingly getting mind controlled, but covers do lie so hopefully it's a good showing for her.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.