Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I'm a bit confused. So AC is supposed to come out 3 times a month, but what and how exactly is it coming out. Is PKJ doing the main story with Jon and Power Girl as back ups, and if that's the case, would those back ups alternate issue to issue? Or is it that each time AC is published in a month, each issue is dedicated entirely to one of the three stories?
    AC is coming out once a month with three stories, the main feature by PKJ at 22 pages, and the back-ups with Power Girl and Lois&Clark&Jon. I think PKJ has said it'll be 40 pages in total, but don't quote me on that. The "three times a month" thing was a misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s not actually, I made the same mistake. It’s coming out monthly but there will be three stories in it. PKJ will do the main story focusing on the Superfamily which will be standard issue 22 pages. Jurgens and Williams will be doing backups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    AC is coming out once a month with three stories, the main feature by PKJ at 22 pages, and the back-ups with Power Girl and Lois&Clark&Jon. I think PKJ has said it'll be 40 pages in total, but don't quote me on that. The "three times a month" thing was a misunderstanding.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Now that does certainly put me in a bind. On the one hand, I want to start picking up AC because of the Jon back up so I can financially support the stories and direction I want more of. But on the other, the main story will invariably feature aged up Jon and I can't buy anything with him it or else DC will think I want more of that and keep making it, which is not what I want. How did the Justice League Dark fans deal with not having a book they can financially support and being forced to pick up a book they probably didn't want because the thing they want to buy and read and support was relegated as a back up?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    What? Did I miss something? Did they confirm a cameo in Black Adam or....?
    You can hear it by yourself, lol: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post6220765

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Thanks for the clarification.

Now that does certainly put me in a bind. On the one hand, I want to start picking up AC because of the Jon back up so I can financially support the stories and direction I want more of. But on the other, the main story will invariably feature aged up Jon and I can't buy anything with him it or else DC will think I want more of that and keep making it, which is not what I want. How did the Justice League Dark fans deal with not having a book they can financially support and being forced to pick up a book they probably didn't want because the thing they want to buy and read and support was relegated as a back up?
    They eventually collected the Ram V JLD backups in their own trade. It’s not a sure thing they’ll do the same here but you could wait and see if that is the route they take.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

They eventually collected the Ram V JLD backups in their own trade. It’s not a sure thing they’ll do the same here but you could wait and see if that is the route they take.
    It's depending on the number of pages given to these stories. The kid Jon's story is 6 issues it might get a trade, but seeing that Kara is only 3 I am not sure if either book gets a spin-off series the backup stories will be included in those trades.

So there is one thing I'm confused about recent Superman developments. In the NYCC announcements today and in promotional articles for Kal-El Returns, there are references to Superman becoming more powerful than before, and the NYCC announcement mentions that 'the upper limits of his supercharged powers have yet to be reached.' But since Clark gave the fire of Olgrun to the Kryptonian boy who Mongul killed, when did he get a power up during the last arc?

There was a secret press screening of Black Adam recently and a bunch of people have been leaking that Cavill is in it. Not an official confirmation but it’s at that No Way Home level of “they’re not saying it in the marketing but it’s heavily rumored and all but confirmed”. Guys who have excellent track records for leaks have been saying he’s in it, ViewerAnon and BSL who are nearly always right. Apparently the Rock forced WB to cut a deal with Cavill that gives him more than just cameos, so it would seem that after 5 years and all the other Superman project attempts… Cavill might be getting another solo after all.
    Thanks for filling me in man!

So that. Yeah, I heard something about Cavill rumors coming outta early screenings, but didn't realize it was that big a thing. Well, I still think dumping the DCEU is a better option but they brought back Keanu Reeves for Constantine after twenty years or whatever it is, so they're clearly on a different page than me.

Well I liked Cavill's Superman and thought it was a shame he didn't get the chance to do it justice. If this is what we're getting then here's hoping it's good.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    So there is one thing I'm confused about recent Superman developments. In the NYCC announcements today and in promotional articles for Kal-El Returns, there are references to Superman becoming more powerful than before, and the NYCC announcement mentions that 'the upper limits of his supercharged powers have yet to be reached.' But since Clark gave the fire of Olgrun to the Kryptonian boy who Mongul killed, when did he get a power up during the last arc?
    The sun. Remember they changed the red sun that Warworld was using as a power source to a white one. That gave Clark and all the Phaelosians a major power boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Thanks for filling me in man!

So that. Yeah, I heard something about Cavill rumors coming outta early screenings, but didn't realize it was that big a thing. Well, I still think dumping the DCEU is a better option but they brought back Keanu Reeves for Constantine after twenty years or whatever it is, so they're clearly on a different page than me.

Well I liked Cavill's Superman and thought it was a shame he didn't get the chance to do it justice. If this is what we're getting then here's hoping it's good.
    Yeah this is from ViewerAnon (leaker who is right 99% of the time) saying that Cavill is in BA and there’s more to come.

There was another report by a guy named Devin Faraci - who I guess is a long standing Hollywood insider and also a major ******* - who shared that he heard the Rock basically forced WB to the negotiating table with Cavill and got them to come to terms, with one of the results being Cavill will get his second solo after all. That’s not widely confirmed yet, although VA also says in that linked tweet he’s hearing Cavill is back in a big way, for now it’s just Black Adam but I expect he will be the only movie Superman again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The sun. Remember they changed the red sun that Warworld was using as a power source to a white one. That gave Clark and all the Phaelosians a major power boost.
    Ah, that makes more sense now that you mention it. White dwarf stars are supposed to be denser than yellow star, so it could be argued that it would give a Kryptonian/Daxamite/Phaelesion more power. Thanks for pointing that out Vordan.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

But if it is the white sun, then is it not temporary? Just as Clark doesn't keep his powers from a yellow sun while under a red one, he wouldn't keep his white sun powers while under a yellow one.

Or is this an All Star Superman situation where his powers are just charged from the small upped exposure? If that's the case, then what does that mean for the Phaelesions? Are they also as powerful as Clark is now? Does that ironically mean that Kara, Jon, and Conner (and House Zod) are now the least powerful Kryptonians around?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But if it is the white sun, then is it not temporary? Just as Clark doesn't keep his powers from a yellow sun while under a red one, he wouldn't keep his white sun powers while under a yellow one.

Or is this an All Star Superman situation where his powers are just charged from the small upped exposure? If that's the case, then what does that mean for the Phaelesions? Are they also as powerful as Clark is now? Does that ironically mean that Kara, Jon, and Conner (and House Zod) are now the least powerful Kryptonians around?
    I expect it’s of “he’s supercharged for as long as PKJ wants him to be supercharged” deal, and PKJ did say he wanted to write an uberpowerful Superman for his run. Maybe it will last the length of his time on Action? Kara went on a space trip in King’s mini where she was exposed to other suns too, you could easily handwave her keeping up with Kal because of that. Zod set up shop in a system with two yellow suns, so you can easily justify him being on Kal’s level via that. Jon is getting his powers changed because of Lazarus Planet… which just leaves Conner and Kenan. Conner has his own trip into space coming, and Kenan’s powers are different in nature from the others.

I think there is justification to bring all of the rest up to Clark’s level if you are wanting an explanation for why that is the case.

That doesn't make sense. If you're going to "handwave" all of the other characters to meet Clark's new level then why put him at a new level to begin with?

They're going out of their way to make note that Clark is even more powerful than before, and with his cast now including his Super family full time it only makes sense that to distinguish him they've decided to make him the undisputed most powerful (though, the little boy with the powers of an Old God will likely have Franklin Richards-ish potential over Clark). While with the others like Jon they're giving new powers or highlighting their old one most likely. However in Kara's case, she seems to be a repetitive of how strong Clark used to be.

For fighting game players she's effectively the Ryu of this family.

This still doesn't explain the Phaelesions. They were exposed to the white sun too.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Incredible Member

Did Osul-Ra keep some of that Old God power? I thought it was a one-and-done thing to revive him.

Phaelosians are not Kryptonians, and Thao-La (a far more interesting character than the kids, since I'm mentioning her) was nowhere near Clark's levels of power before using the Orphan Box, despite being under a yellow sun. That'd be an easy route to take if they don't want the Phaelosians to be uber-strong. Though then again, PKJ and company may want to make them uber-strong too.

Yeah my explanation was for how to justify the other Supers being on Clark’s level despite not going to Warworld with him. If they want to make him on another tier above the rest, and they very well might, then it’s possible both Clark and the Phaelosians are more powerful than the other Kryptonians.

I guess that'll explain why Osul's sister is already flying and has her powers when it took Clark and Jon some time to develop their power one by one. Also narratively a simple way to hit the ground running with the twins without going through the exact same power growing pains as before. Though, I expect the new "Kid Kryptonian Has To Develop Their Powers" will go to Osul himself, but with his Old God powers (hinted at by his telekinesis last issue of Action).

Side note: the kids are likely a way to capitalize on Superman & Lois' popularity. They're confirmed twins. Both have powers, but one has SUPER powers on top that he'll likely need to learn to control.

Makes you wonder what Earth will do with the knowledge that the Phaelosians are as strong as Clark's new level, and that there's a whole race of them? PKJ did hint at the idea that Earth wouldn't just assume that any Kryptonian is as good as Clark (his Future State story), and he said those hints would be for his run in some way.