Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

That teaser is interesting, I can't imagine the Superman titles being too affected by whatever is happening with lazurus planet though given superman family's new status quo is spinning out of Action 1050.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmm...not sure how I feel about this.

Action being a Superfamily book? Great! That's a good idea. But the costumes...just don't do it for me.

Like, the homogenized costumes and looks make sense from a team aspect, but for a casts that has their own unique, distinct, looks...it really doesn't work.

Conner probably looks the best but he is the least changed. Jon can work without a cape but that's not his best hairstyle.

Kara and Kenan need capes. But at least they realized that Kara needed something to break up the blue and she's got her long hair back.
    Yes, I do think the capes make a big difference with these super costumes. Seeing how other artists interpret these costumes will make or break them for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The answer would be for each to get new code names. This is more than likely for Kenan. With Jon it all depends on if DC stops being stubborn.
    The names are not a problem to me, i don't really mind shared names. I do mind a Superman that doesn't strikes you as Superman, but looks like Superboy instead.

Anyways, i'm actually excited to hear the news for next year.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

At least we are reuniting the Superfam for an actual major title now.

Thats certainly something to be excited about, regardless of the new costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The names are not a problem to me, i don't really mind shared names. I do mind a Superman that doesn't strikes you as Superman, but looks like Superboy instead.

Anyways, i'm actually excited to hear the news for next year.

I have no problem with a character that could be superman ,but isn't ,instead going his own way and being his own person.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    At least we are reuniting the Superfam for an actual major title now.

Thats certainly something to be excited about, regardless of the new costumes.

That is the one positive I think we can all agree on
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I actually like the costumes, mostly Supergirl's...it's a massive improvement over her most recent/current one. However, I would have added at the least a half cape, waist length at the longest.

Makes me wonder if Mora is making the move from World's Finest over to Action Comics. I wont complain too much, but I do love him on WF.

I guess that PJK will do an extended storyline like Warworld with super family and these designs will be used in that storyline. Jon will likely continue using his current costume in Taylor's book. But I worry about Kenan a bit here. On one hand it is good that he is being used, on another hand he looks like "Chinese version of Conner" and if PJK doesn't handle him well then that might be the end for him.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I guess that PJK will do an extended storyline like Warworld with super family and these designs will be used in that storyline. Jon will likely continue using his current costume in Taylor's book. But I worry about Kenan a bit here. On one hand it is good that he is being used, on another hand he looks like "Chinese version of Conner" and if PJK doesn't handle him well then that might be the end for him.
    Better to have him keep showing up in books than not. Of course you run the risk of him not being on the same level as Yang’s use of him, but as long as he actually keeps getting used it means he can keep being discovered by new people, and increase his chances of sticking around. Wally West went through an extremely bad period, but now he’s in a very positive spot. I don’t see how PKJ could do anything that would permanently destroy Kenan either, at worst Kenan will just be generic and one note, at best people will like him and maybe DC will let Yang or Pak do a miniseries with him. I’m willing to take that chance rather than have him keep sitting on the sidelines.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Does kenan still uses qi?flight combined with qi gong would be awesome to see.it's wierd that a guy with taichi powers doesn't do any sort of rotation...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Every time DC takes the capes away from the Supers people have breakdowns almost as severe as how some react to when the trunks get taken away
    Because you can't be super without a Cape, duh

BANNED

They better not reduce Clark into a mere guest star and not having at least one book for him. If that's the case then they can kiss me goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The answer would be for each to get new code names. This is more than likely for Kenan. With Jon it all depends on if DC stops being stubborn.
    Kenan's codename isn't Superman. Super-Man is a translation of his real codename, but it's ALWAYS translated when shown on the page, like any other Chinese text. As such, his real codename is Chāorén. Note that the Chinese characters there are the same as in his comic's logo.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post

Look familiar?
    Yeah, Conner simply swapped his jacket. It might be the same for Kara - the jacket covers her top half including part of the belt, and the cape is tucked in, meaning the only other change is her longer hair. Steel added the jacket. It's only Jon and Kenan who actually have completely new suits.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kenan's codename isn't Superman. Super-Man is a translation of his real codename, but it's ALWAYS translated when shown on the page, like any other Chinese text. As such, his real codename is Chāorén. Note that the Chinese characters there are the same as in his comic's logo.
    He is still wearing an s..Not Hanzi symbol on his chest.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

For comparisons.notice Jon's hair ,and Karas top