Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This makes me think it adds credence to the difficulty of making clones of omega level mutants and why sinister started to mix dna to create chimeras instead to see if he could finally achieve something more powerful than the original even if it wasn't just the original. Like build a bear but build an x-gene to surpass undefinable.
    Just don't mix them with Monitor Lizards!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Interesting.

Wait… dis Sinister just say Jean’s an NFT?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    A Netflix series based on a Capcom videogame is not canon to the Marvel comics
    SyFy rules inevitably become standardized in contemporary global popular culture , dontcha know? That’s why modern versions of vampires , zombies , werebeasts , ESPers (Extra-Special-Powers LOL) , etcetera are mostly the same among the various global IP franchises

Astonishing Member

They are going to reveal the Jean Grey they fished out of Jamaica Bay was a clone and Madelyne Pryor has been the real Jean all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    They are going to reveal the Jean Grey they fished out of Jamaica Bay was a clone and Madelyne Pryor has been the real Jean all this time.
    no they're not

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I have a theory on this related to Cable, and why his body has trouble containing the raw psychic power he possesses without the T-O virus siphoning off quite a bit of it to keep it in check. As has been recently revealed by Abigail Brand in X-men Red, Cable’s vast psychic power keeps the virus in check while the virus keeps his power in check… they exist in a kind of symbiosis, if you will. Stryfe, on the other hand, doesn’t have the virus. Hence why he went insane as his mind degraded. And I believe in an older story arc from the 90s it was revealed that his body was degrading as well at the cellular level due to his power levels. That was also revealed about Cable himself back in the Cable/Deadpool series, which is why he had Wade lobotomize him to take away his powers in order to prevent his body and mind from degrading.
    I think this could be used to explain Nate having the same problem too.

So why is that exactly? Why are they both flawed and unable to naturally contain the raw power they possess? Well, I think the answer is in Sinister’s words above… Nathan, and his own clone Stryfe, are the offspring of an imperfect clone of Jean Grey. Because, for whatever reason, he was never able to truly clone her. As he says, “I made something else several times”… clearly Maddie was something else.
    He made a bunch of other Madelyne clones too, back in AvX, so "I made something else several times" could be alluding to that.

Thats a cool theory but the thing that doesnt line up with it is that Nate Grey has the same issues as them and he isnt the prodigy of a cloned Jean
    It could always be a case that AoA Sinister couldn't use her DNA that well either.

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    Ackhtwally, it was revealed why , in of all places , NetFlix’s 2022 Resident Evil series (gone too soon tsk tsk tsk) LOL : Forced Growth always results in cellular degeneration (why is the same problem with the OG Jackal’s cloning until Ben Reilly solved it more or less with stabilizing pills in the Clone Conspiracy) and Nate Grey is confirmed as being forced-grown to his adolescence in 1997’s X-Man Minus One
    Unless there's a connection made in some Marvel vs Capcom game (Even then it won't be canon to either company), that's kinda irrelevant unless the comics say the same thing.

One cant say it always results in that considering there have been characters that have aged unnaturally than have been fine. Joseph and Vulcan come to mind
    Also, everyone who has used the resurrection protocols, since Tempus' power is used to age up the bodies inside the eggs.

This reminds me of a jokes theory posted in the Jean thread (I think it was there), where it was mentioned that the "good" Jean we saw all this time was actually that Annie friend of hers' who died, they accidentally body switched when Jean was scolding her, Jean died in Annie's body and came back as Madelyne .

I gotta find that post, it's funnier than what I described.

Either way, there is a small headache with Sinister not managing to make a "better" clone of Jean, 'cause if Jean is that unique, wouldn't it mean that every Jean who has come back from the dead via the resurrection protocols is weaker than the "original"? Or are the resurrection protocols so good that's not a problem anymore? 'Cause if they are that good, then logically Sinister could steal an egg to make better Jean clones.

Unless there is another factor that gets on the way, or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

That would be so wrong-headed and so hilarious
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I have a theory on this related to Cable, and why his body has trouble containing the raw psychic power he possesses without the T-O virus siphoning off quite a bit of it to keep it in check. As has been recently revealed by Abigail Brand in X-men Red, Cable’s vast psychic power keeps the virus in check while the virus keeps his power in check… they exist in a kind of symbiosis, if you will. Stryfe, on the other hand, doesn’t have the virus. Hence why he went insane as his mind degraded. And I believe in an older story arc from the 90s it was revealed that his body was degrading as well at the cellular level due to his power levels. That was also revealed about Cable himself back in the Cable/Deadpool series, which is why he had Wade lobotomize him to take away his powers in order to prevent his body and mind from degrading.
    Stryfe isnt as powerful as Cable w/o TO though. Thats one of the reason why Apocalypse threw him aside because he doesnt have the same capacity as Nathan, he was an imperfect clone.

The problem with Cable, as said in Cable/Deadpool, is that Cable's power level is constantly increasing. He can contain his psychic power if it just stay static but the problem was that Cable's power level was constantly increasing endlessly so unless he has a body that can handle infinite energies then he will just continue to burn off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Wait… dis Sinister just say Jean’s an NFT?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

This reminds me of a jokes theory posted in the Jean thread (I think it was there), where it was mentioned that the "good" Jean we saw all this time was actually that Annie friend of hers' who died, they accidentally body switched when Jean was scolding her, Jean died in Annie's body and came back as Madelyne .
    There was an excellent (IMHO) fanfiction in which Jean and Madelyne accepted each other as sisters. Jean gave Annie's memories to Madelyne, so Maddie could have a past, and Annie could have a future.

I'm not sure it's still available; it was posted in a collection of Maddie fanfics under the title of "Garnet."
    Last edited by Anodyne; 10-07-2022 at 01:53 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan