Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So, Sinister admits he’s never been able to truly clone Jean…

Interesting.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

This explains why he never made a Hellion clone; as we saw from his family, it's not just his DNA that makes him handsome, powerful and charming; it's something higher, a certain value. If he couldn't perfect Jean, there's no way him - or anyone - could come close to capturing the essence of Julian Keller.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    This explains why he never made a Hellion clone; as we saw from his family, it's not just his DNA that makes him handsome, powerful and charming; it's something higher, a certain value. If he couldn't perfect Jean, there's no way him - or anyone - could come close to capturing the essence of Julian Keller.
    You…

Get in your Twitter DMs. Now.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I wonder if this was just a throwaway comment or if it might lead to anything (I suspect the former). For some reason it reminded me of when the High Evolutionary told Peter that Professor Warren never really achieved true cloning, but instead infected other people with a virus that would rewrite them into someone else.

I suspect Sinister's comment might be more abstract though - he did technically clone Jean but Madelyne never really exhibited the FULL range of her powers or even have her full memories, and actually wasn't even alive until the Phoenix breathed life into her.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I wonder if this was just a throwaway comment or if it might lead to anything (I suspect the former). For some reason it reminded me of when the High Evolutionary told Peter that Professor Warren never really achieved true cloning, but instead infected other people with a virus that would rewrite them into someone else.

I suspect Sinister's comment might be more abstract though - he did technically clone Jean but Madelyne never really exhibited the FULL range of her powers or even have her full memories, and actually wasn't even alive until the Phoenix breathed life into her.
    That's what I got from it as well. Abstract, but also true...based on how the Maddie clone animated and developed.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-05-2022 at 03:07 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Interesting.

This makes me think it adds credence to the difficulty of making clones of omega level mutants and why sinister started to mix dna to create chimeras instead to see if he could finally achieve something more powerful than the original even if it wasn't just the original. Like build a bear but build an x-gene to surpass undefinable.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Interesting.

I have a theory on this related to Cable, and why his body has trouble containing the raw psychic power he possesses without the T-O virus siphoning off quite a bit of it to keep it in check. As has been recently revealed by Abigail Brand in X-men Red, Cable’s vast psychic power keeps the virus in check while the virus keeps his power in check… they exist in a kind of symbiosis, if you will. Stryfe, on the other hand, doesn’t have the virus. Hence why he went insane as his mind degraded. And I believe in an older story arc from the 90s it was revealed that his body was degrading as well at the cellular level due to his power levels. That was also revealed about Cable himself back in the Cable/Deadpool series, which is why he had Wade lobotomize him to take away his powers in order to prevent his body and mind from degrading.

So why is that exactly? Why are they both flawed and unable to naturally contain the raw power they possess? Well, I think the answer is in Sinister’s words above… Nathan, and his own clone Stryfe, are the offspring of an imperfect clone of Jean Grey. Because, for whatever reason, he was never able to truly clone her. As he says, “I made something else several times”… clearly Maddie was something else. As such, her son is imperfect in this way. He makes a great weapon of immense raw power — or would have, if not for Apocalypse infecting him with the virus, essentially saving/prolonging Nathan’s life in the process — but there’s something about his very being that’s unnatural… imperfect or flawed.

To me that’s kind of a cool wrinkle that I think stems from this very thing.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I have a theory on this related to Cable, and why his body has trouble containing the raw psychic power he possesses without the T-O virus siphoning off quite a bit of it to keep it in check. As has been recently revealed by Abigail Brand in X-men Red, Cable’s vast psychic power keeps the virus in check while the virus keeps his power in check… they exist in a kind of symbiosis, if you will. Stryfe, on the other hand, doesn’t have the virus. Hence why he went insane as his mind degraded. And I believe in an older story arc from the 90s it was revealed that his body was degrading as well at the cellular level due to his power levels. That was also revealed about Cable himself back in the Cable/Deadpool series, which is why he had Wade lobotomize him to take away his powers in order to prevent his body and mind from degrading.

So why is that exactly? Why are they both flawed and unable to naturally contain the raw power they possess? Well, I think the answer is in Sinister’s words above… Nathan, and his own clone Stryfe, are the offspring of an imperfect clone of Jean Grey. Because, for whatever reason, he was never able to truly clone her. As he says, “I made something else several times”… clearly Maddie was something else. As such, her son is imperfect in this way. He makes a great weapon of immense raw power — or would have, if not for Apocalypse infecting him with the virus, essentially saving/prolonging Nathan’s life in the process — but there’s something about his very being that’s unnatural… imperfect or flawed.

This could be an interesting story but then i think Hope would solve for that but then i guess making this theory even more powerful in fact perhaps hope already has or cable knew she would which is why he had specific instructions implanted to make his new t.o. arm look like the old one after Brand had it absorbed and died. I really feel like each death cable has experienced though it seems excessive has been planned by himself except for the Uranus one. I mean such a big deal has always been made about confirmation of death etc but Cable has always been in a place where his death was easily confirmed and also where he knew or by coincidence the five were in a place to resurrect him as soon as possible. and this is a dude with a lot of future knowledge.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Thats a cool theory but the thing that doesnt line up with it is that Nate Grey has the same issues as them and he isnt the prodigy of a cloned Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats a cool theory but the thing that doesnt line up with it is that Nate Grey has the same issues as them and he isnt the prodigy of a cloned Jean
    Yeah… that’s kind of where it falls apart. But… remember that Sinister did create Nate Grey in a lab using Jean and Scott’s DNA. Perhaps there were some issues there? Not sure what those could’ve been. Maybe he tinkered with the DNA a bit, which caused similar problems. Just thinking out loud here…

This whole theory complicates Cable even more than he already is. Just completely unnecessary for the sake of telling one story and fucking up 20000 more.

In my view it just makes him more of a “thinking person’s character,” but when I look at it through a more common lens I concede your point.

BANNED

Ackhtwally, it was revealed why , in of all places , NetFlix’s 2022 Resident Evil series (gone too soon tsk tsk tsk) LOL : Forced Growth always results in cellular degeneration (why is the same problem with the OG Jackal’s cloning until Ben Reilly solved it more or less with stabilizing pills in the Clone Conspiracy) and Nate Grey is confirmed as being forced-grown to his adolescence in 1997’s X-Man Minus One

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    Ackhtwally, it was revealed why , in of all places , NetFlix’s 2022 Resident Evil series (gone too soon tsk tsk tsk) LOL : Forced Growth always results in cellular degeneration (why is the same problem with the OG Jackal’s cloning until Ben Reilly solved it more or less with stabilizing pills in the Clone Conspiracy) and Nate Grey is confirmed as being forced-grown to his adolescence in 1997’s X-Man Minus One
    A Netflix series based on a Capcom videogame is not canon to the Marvel comics

Nate was built to be a weapon. So Sinister created him with a failsafe in the form of a expiring date. He was only ever meant to be a bullet fired at Apocalypse.

Our Nate later got cured from this and was considered the only truly working Nate Grey in the multiverse. There was also a distinction made between Cable and Nate. They are not the same. Their DNA might be 99,9999 similar or something less or more but the are not the same. Brothers perhaps but not clones or twins.